• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Chun Li vs Mai Shiranui is one where they said Chun is stronger faster and had more experience but Mai would win due to her range and flames. They did admit that season 1 wasn't their best work. But I say it did its job making the show what it is today.

Btw, I do have high respect for DB.

It still baffles me how they used Blanka hunting small animals in the jungle as some kind of advantage over Pikachu and comparing him to electric eels like he isn't a normal animal.

Where did he say those things though?

In the build up to Episode 100, Ben did blogs covering every episode of Death Battle, and elaborating on the research and the process behind the episodes. Honestly they're surprisingly interesting reads, especially for some of the weirder/more controversial episodes. Here are his blogs for Goku vs Superman and Ryu vs Scorpion https://roosterteeth.com/post/51844775#comments https://roosterteeth.com/post/51861718#comments

Likr I said, Buu only wins if you even give him universal stats.

Manga Buu IS legit universal, though, and they've referenced the mamga for DBZ before, so maybe Buu would be considered universal and MFTL+ in DB which is enough to beat Kirby for them

I read through those things and he didn't really say Buu would win, acknowledged they said Buu never fought someone FTL but had already said Goku was FTL before prior.

Foxthefox1000 said:
So how does everyone feel about universal-multiversal Cloud and Sephiroth from the apparently canon Dissidia?
Dissidia is canon to the FF1, but its relationship to the other games it's pretty wonky to put it somehow. Even side materials flip flop on how exactly the ties work.

While the low 2-C rating only applies to the WoL and other FF1 characters (with Squall and Lightning having theirs from their own games), what is accepted is the interpretation of the skills seen in Dissidia is canon (such as Cecil being able to switch between Paladin and Dark Knight) but that's about it.

I love how Death Battle got Mario VS Sonic right he first time but completely **** it up in the rematch.

Like "Sonic isn't FTL except when he's in his Hyper Form" Lmao that's so ******* stupid, Hyper Sonic isn't even cannon, and I don't even have to go into detail on how hard they ****** up Sonic's speed. What dumbfucks.

MajinSuperBuu1 said:
I love how Death Battle got Mario VS Sonic right he first time but completely **** it up in the rematch.

Like "Sonic isn't FTL except when he's in his Hyper Form" Lmao that's so ******* stupid, Hyper Sonic isn't even cannon, and I don't even have to go into detail on how hard they ****** up Sonic's speed. What dumbfucks.
Someone's mad they lost to Kirby.

Pure Hearts didn't boost his power (nothing even implied they did as a matter of fact). All they really did was get rid of Bleck and Dimentio's barriers. And Mario & Luigi also defeated Dreamy Bowser as well so that's not the only case of it. And he also defeated Bowser powered by a Grand Star which can destroy the universe (and has through the black hole generator in SMG1).

Death Battle is honestly garbage, I honestly don't see how anyone enjoys this shit. They have no regard for the franchises or characters they're using & their animations are dogshit. Jetz sucks as an animator and has an obsession with badly flash-animated close ups & Torrian's fights suck unless they're realistic like Vergil VS Sephiroth. Wiz and Boomstick are horribly unfunny and the DB crew can't write jack.

Season 2 despite only having episodes like Gaara VS Toph & Yang VS Tifa was better because they had to time to improve the product. Go back and watch a Season 2 episode and then watch a newer one (Season 3 and onwards) and you'll see it what I mean. I don't think anyone would complain about the episodes being delayed if it meant quality over quantity. They're matchups were also more interesting as well, and unlike newer seasons they differed from having Marvel or DC sh├¡t every 2 episodes. One Minute Melee is honestly better in every single conceivable way despite having no research. Also on another note, FANDOM can suck a big fat hairy cóck for their slur filter.

Absaddie said:
Pure Hearts didn't boost his power (nothing even implied they did as a matter of fact). All they really did was get rid of Bleck and Dimentio's barriers. And Mario & Luigi also defeated Dreamy Bowser as well so that's not the only case of it. And he also defeated Bowser powered by a Grand Star which can destroy the universe (and has through the black hole generator in SMG1).
Dreamy Bowser is considered a outlier with discussion rules to not upgrade Mario using him, if they needed the hearts to destroy the barrires then they can't scale directely to them otherwise they could have just broken with their own power

Grand Star Bowser is low-2-C but Mario doesn't scale to him, and even if he did that's only low 2-C versus regular 2-C Hyper

You are going to need a CRT to say the Pure Hearts don't amp Mario, I am going by the profiles of the wikia

Why wouldn't Mario scale when he can take direct hits from Grand Star Bowser exactly? And Dimentio was going to survive the void even without his barrier, in fact. Mario and co survived the void themselves earlier in the game by chapter 6 and even went to the destroyed universe of nothingness and Castle Bleck is pretty much inside a void anyway.

I could try to discuss content revisions but I don't really feel like it, too much work.

The Sammer Kingdom feat is only low 2-C and considered a outlier, and Bleck's castle is a feat of void manip resistance, and Dimentio was going to survive when he transformed in Super Dimentio by using the Chaos Heart and Luigi.

You would need to ask a Mario expert or admin on why, but I think is because he didn't use a Grand Star when fighting him and Mario struggles with regular Bowser, but I am not sure

If you do that then I will keep using what's on the profiles, I could even use the 2-B Sonic justification of Marginary World before the downgrades since I didn't agree with it

TartaChocholate said:
Foxthefox1000 said:
So how does everyone feel about universal-multiversal Cloud and Sephiroth from the apparently canon Dissidia?
Dissidia is canon to the FF1, but its relationship to the other games it's pretty wonky to put it somehow. Even side materials flip flop on how exactly the ties work.
While the low 2-C rating only applies to the WoL and other FF1 characters (with Squall and Lightning having theirs from their own games), what is accepted is the interpretation of the skills seen in Dissidia is canon (such as Cecil being able to switch between Paladin and Dark Knight) but that's about it.
Gilgamesh does have a canonical appearance in Dissidia so theirs that

Marginary World from Shuffle being a 2-B structure similar to the Dream Depot and Solaris destroying it in 06 since he was going to destroy everything

When was Solaris said that he was going to destroy everything? I only recall he sort of warped the universe and was said to 'eat dimensions for lunch' rather than destroy all of existence.

Checked real quick, "all existing timelines", they had to fight him in "all timelines" from what I remember so that's three right? Past, present and future.

Absaddie said:
Checked real quick, "all existing timelines", they had to fight him in "all timelines" from what I remember so that's three right? Past, present and future.
Timelines isn't the same thing as time period, a timeline is a universe in Sonic, and they fought him in all time because of his temporal onipresence

Shadow and the guide still state all of existance as well, plus Silver's timeline existance, since Shadow states that that future is far removed from their timeline

@Mephistus

That power seems more in line with them being given their power back (as in healing them back up) because right before that the Pure Hearts got rid of Super Dimentio's invincibility. They could also survive attacks from both Bleck and Dimentio even before the Pure Hearts came into play as well.

It really doesn't make sense if they weren't amped for that fight to whatever level you rate the Void's attack potency at.

Super Dimentio didn't stop controlling the Void and still let it continue even after losing his invincibility.

Ergo, Super Dimentio even after the Pure Hearts sapped his invincibility would still plan to easily tank the Void that was ravaging the dimension they were in since he wanted to rule over everything after beating them and the heroes needed to be able to kill him with their attack potency when he was in that state.

Is it old Obi or young Obi?

I wonder what star wars canon they use for Db's feats considering that whole deal.

I think they used "legends" b4. (which I personally prefer over new canon)

Obi-Wan v Kakashi isn't a DBX, it's just a community Death Battle (they're back to normal now). I hope it becomes an actual fight one day, even if it is sort of a stomp for Obi-Wan.

Pretty surw if we go by Prima Guides then Bowser has the casual universal durability statememt amd we clearly see him being the only one affected by the reset in Galaxy's ending as supporting evidence.

There's also the "dreams = universe" y'all have and a lot of characters in Mario being stated to destroy dreams as well as Wart cursing Subcon which is the "land of dreams".

Then there's tbe Megabug thing from Rabbids as well aa plenty others.

But I guess Sonic can get stats simply because of statements and only a few potential multiversals whom he canonically wasn't a match for without help

@Genericsticksman:

Yeah, that's one of the things that makes the relationship confusing. AFAIK, the Void is what connects the FF multiverse and all the settings of the games, so Gilgamesh jumping between worlds by being lost in it is explained that way. But whether they are an alternate version of the characters or Dissidia is canon to all the games flip flops, that is what I meant.

Perhaps Opera Omnia can shed light on this.

Back