• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

What matchups would you all like to see them tackle anyway? Or just characters you want to see in a death battle in general.

For me:

Mazinger Z vs Getter Robo

Travis Touchdown vs Scott Pilgrim

Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia

Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto

Invader Zim vs Keroro

Something Dragon Quest related.

Aya Brea

Sly Cooper

Once Star enters her Mewberty form or whatever, Steven is as good as dead. Also, he's not currently THAT much faster and her attack speed is actually MUCH faster. His best bet is hax but that's not in-character and he also can't readily access his most broken hax without being knocked out first IIRC.

Pearl is going to destroy Undyne for them, plus lack of good direct feats.

Discord should win IMO due to being faster and having a few statements on par with Bill's but who knows what DB will do.

Dimentio probs destroys.

Every dream in the Marioverse is its own universe and Dimentio was going to destroy absolutely all of it (at least in Super Dimentio state) but Dimentio was still powerful enough to kill Mario & co prior to that.

Also you could possibly argue for immeasurable for how Mario and the gang could travel around a completely destroyed universe and that'd definitely apply to Dimentio.

@Fox I do disagree with that assertion. She's definetly more powerful, but she's slower and her durability doesn't increase with her power, that and Steven one shots her either way, despite how much I like her I do believe Steven stomps her in all forms (Probably not Mewberty due to power difference but I still think he'd win mid-diff). Also, he's alot faster. There's no calc for the Sub-Relativistic rating which I believe means we assume the lowball of 1% the SoL for her, compared to Steven's 33% SoL. So literally 33x faster. And her Attack Speed is never validated as uch in the show, it's only through a statemnet form a book, hence why no one in verse scales to it. (Though this probably isn't the place to debate this, I dunno)

I agree with the rest though, they are all pretty conclusive for one character but they'd still be so cool to see in a DB.

Can he actually use his hax without having to pass out, though? Every time he used it from what I remember, all his impressive mind hax waa due to him having been unconscious. It... doesn't seem combat applicable.

Also, Star rainbow armor literally was able to contend with a giant set of armor that previously was able to casually deal with a Low 2-C as well as eventually overpower another Low 2-C and she was able to control and produce her magic from the Wand in her hands, too. Plus, there's the statment she was only second to Eclipsa in terms of magic proficiency and potency. Her base form should definitely have all of the Wand's abilities, including the "potentially Low 2-C stats which she directly SHOWED when she made that armor and only lost when she let her guard down.

Maybe Steven could blitz Star in base and beat her, but people said Edward could beat Aang before he transformed as well and also Mario with Sonic but they still give those characters their other forms every time. We should just assume the characters actually start at their primes in DB and that the animation showing base forms is just for effect at this point.

How powerful do you think they'd peg Sakura Kinomoto? I can't imagine very high. They don't think the way we do. Would they even peg Sailor Moon above planet tier?

Sakura supposedly surpassed Clow Reed and he created a multiverse or something. Also some people scale her to her Tsubasa Chronicles incarnation which surpassed space and time itself.

I don't know why though I only saw Cardcaptor Sakura, I never checked into Tsubasa Chronicles. She may have some universal things in CS though.

In an actual fight Steven wouldn't want to fight and they'd be friends, lol.

In a fight, though, Star actually has a listed faster running speed, so sje can keeo her distance which should be enough to allow her to transform. I'd still back Star.

Apparently the Clow Reed in other CLAMP works is the same one so scaling her to her Tsubasa Chronicles version sounds plausible.

Funny considering how some people think she's weak lol. Some think she's a glass cannon (which may or may not be true) and peg her at human level durability but that isn't true as she blatantly took attacks from Yue the guardian of the clow cards and got back up.

There's probably some laser feat from Star as well, like the lasers from the Puppy's being dodged by Star and Marco all the time.

Probably some obscure stuff we could dig up as well like Omnixtraxus pulling a Celestialsapien and being able to grow and shrink his body to make a galaxy appear in the sky in his first appearance.

If what I'm reading is correct, Sakura should be Multiverse level+ and immeasurable through scaling but I don't think DB would see that. How powerful do you guys think they'd put Sailor Moon?

Absaddie said:
What matchups would you all like to see them tackle anyway? Or just characters you want to see in a death battle in general.
For me:

Mazinger Z vs Getter Robo

Travis Touchdown vs Scott Pilgrim

Ash Ketchum vs Lucy Heartfilia

Ash Ketchum vs Yugi Muto

Invader Zim vs Keroro

Something Dragon Quest related.

Aya Brea

Sly Cooper
Gen 2 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 3 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 4 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 5 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 6 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 7 Starter Battle Royal, Gen 8 Starter Battle Royal, Starter Battle Royal Winners Battle Royal, Digimon Adventure Partner Battle Royal (Agumon, Gabumon, Biyomon, Gomamon, Tentomon and Palmon), Digimon Adventure 02 Partner Battle Royal (Patamon, Gatomon, Veemon, Armadillomon, Hawkmon and Wormmon), Digimon Tamers Partner Battle Royal (Guilmon, Terriermon, Renamon, Impmon, Monodramon and Lopmon), Digmon Frontier Battle Royal (Agnimon, Lobomon, Kazemon, Beetlemon, Kumamon, Duskmon, Mercuremon, Arbormon, Grumblemon and Ranamon), Digimon Savers Partner Battle Royal (Agumon (06), Gaomon, Falcomon (06), Kudamon (06), Lalamon and Kamemon), Digimon Xros Wars Partner Battle Royal (Shoutmon, Ballistamon, Dorulumon, Sparrowmon, MetalGreymon (2010), Gumdramon, Opossummon and Dracmon), and Digimon Partner Battle Royal Winners Battle Royal.

The Digimon Tamers Partner Battle Royal does not include Guardromon or MarineAngemon, because it's unfair to Guardromon because he doesn't Digivolve and it's unfair to everyone else if MarineAngemon fights. The Digmon Frontier Battle Royal does not include Lowemon because he is as powerful as Aldamon and Beowolfmon and that isn't fair to anyone else.

If the leaks are correct, Sobble is probably gonna end up destroying Grookey and Scorbunny after all is said and done.

But it would be nice to have the grass type finally stand out again and decimate it's competition.

I say as I'm firmly gonna be having Scorbunny on my team.

I think Mazinger Z vs Getter Robo could be a legitimately interesting debate but I wonder if you could scale each version of it to each other like Toei Getter to the manga Getter and Toei Mazinger to manga Mazinger or whatnot (the anime basically replaced the manga anyway as it stopped early because of the anime's popularity).

Similar feats of durability too

Getter Robo in ship states survived an explosion that was so intense it erupted every volcano within 50 kilometres of Hachijo Island

Mazinger Z survived a self destruct attempt that destroyed a robot so large it made a giant submarine ship look like a toy in comparison, said submarine ship's head alone also dwarved the size of Mazinger itself

Also both should have lightspeed attacks through photon beam/breast fire and getter beam.

I hear Mazinger Z can also fly into space as well (probably the Toei anime), which is something Getter Robo can also do in the Shin Getter Robo manga

It's honestly very interesting concerning the similar powersets and similar feats.

Both works that Go Nagai have worked on (though Ishikawa is Getter's actual mangaka) and both early 70's iconic super robots (Mazinger was the first 'super robot' while Getter was the first 'combiner').

Sly should probably go against another thief, hell his own code is to only steal from other thieves or something like that.

Bit sad his most thematic option is Rouge the Bat who just utterly destroys him no contest.

I feel that it's preety neat. I don't think Dissidia stuff would be accepted here for Cloud and Sephiroth, I vaguely recall something like that being brought up and rejected before.

In regards to Sly yeah it's hard to think of a good match for him, I believe they actually brought up Sly vs Rouge in a Death Battle Cast and said Sly would win due to charming her or something lol.

A bunch of DBs would have had reversed outcomes if they did it today. Ben in his blogs pretty much admitted without admitting that if they did some of those fights today, characters like Ryu, Pikachu, Cloud, Gaara, and Buu would probably win their fights.

Buu is still a controversial one. Depends on how lenient you are with universal stats and if you use the manga version who does scale to universal stats.

But yeah.

Kingo the Sixth said:
A bunch of DBs would have had reversed outcomes if they did it today. Ben in his blogs pretty much admitted without admitting that if they did some of those fights today, characters like Ryu, Pikachu, Cloud, Gaara, and Buu would probably win their fights.
It still baffles me how they used Blanka hunting small animals in the jungle as some kind of advantage over Pikachu and comparing him to electric eels like he isn't a normal animal.

Where did he say those things though?

Dust Collector said:
I feel that it's preety neat. I don't think Dissidia stuff would be accepted here for Cloud and Sephiroth, I vaguely recall something like that being brought up and rejected before.
In regards to Sly yeah it's hard to think of a good match for him, I believe they actually brought up Sly vs Rouge in a Death Battle Cast and said Sly would win due to charming her or something lol.
Sly only has eyes for Carmelita though, no? I don't recall him trying to charm any of his female enemies. Just beat on them all the same.

I don't know why the MHS+ shit for SF isn't accepted. Alsp dunno what happend to the Island stats, but DB, and the research team as well as the OBD, still have SF maxxing out at island and MHS+ so Ryu would destroy.

Back