• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

Jasonsith

VS Battles
Calculation Group
Translation Helper
You know the drill by now folks! We talk about everything DEATH BATTLE here!

Continued from here, here, here, here, here, here and here.

Fights since this thread has started:

Done in the past:

Ep 114: Dragonzord vs Mechagodzilla (Millennium)

Coming:

Ep 115: Sasuke vs Hiei

Content included in this thread:

- Predictions on what fights we will be seeing

- Predictions on who will win when the season starts

- Discussions about Death Battle Cast (sometimes DBX)

- And much more!

The Spoiler Tag (VSBW)
And please... the illustration just shows how to make a spoiler tag - useful for discussing spoilers before a Death Battle episode gets launched on YouTube.

^ There are claims of YYH characters being planet level and then apparently the Spirit Gun being described as "light" or something and it having bounced off mirrors, but they all honestly seem sketchy at best.

Even then, Naruto was FTL to DB and close to Small Planet so Sasuke should still win due to hax at the least.

Lmao Ultraguy, who's working on the next DB, recently did a blog on Gwenpool, and his blogs on characters usually happen before they enter a DB. So either this season or next season, we could be seeing Gwenpool.

But I think it'll have either another anime character (we've gotten comic characters back-to-back before), Sonic, or an RPG character if it's not Gwenpool for the next DB.

The real cal howard said:
I'm only partially weebish but he totally has a point given they've taken up half of the season at least.
The idea of being mad cause they pick characters that are taking the world by storm at the moment (Marvel with the MCU, as well as any character that could potentially face 'em) is totally lost on me.

The idea of being mad cause they pick characters that are taking the world by storm at the moment (Marvel with the MCU, as well as any character that could potentially face 'em) is totally lost on me.

By that logic nobody should get mad at Teen Titans Go for taking up the majority of Cartoon Network's scheduling because it's their biggest money-maker. Heck, Pokemon and Star Wars are the two biggest media franchises in the world, surpassing Marvel by quite a bit, and Marvel in this season has had as many matches as Star Wars had total and almost as many as Pokémon.

The real cal howard said:
By that logic nobody should get mad at Teen Titans Go for taking up the majority of Cartoon Network's scheduling because it's their biggest money-maker. Heck, Pokemon and Star Wars are the two biggest media franchises in the world, surpassing Marvel by quite a bit, and Marvel in this season has had as many matches as Star Wars had total and almost as many as Pokémon.

All your examples are also missing the fact that Marvel is getting consistently getting good results. Teen Titans Go is mostly negative, even though I have no personal problem with it. Pokemon did something stupid with their last game IIRC and there was uproar about it, Star Wars has literally shat the bed recently with their stinker movies. Marvel on the other hand is doing absolutely great. People are still keeping their faith in Marvel even though they also shat the bed with Spider-Man's fiasco.

From what I've heard around, while the MCU is doing great, the comic books themselves are having issues of sorts. There's also the DCEU still struggling and the bad news about their comic book publishing that were posted not so long ago, which are concerning (can't call myself a comic book guy, but being a casual fan of Superman and Batman it's kind of a bummer to see how much they've had to gone through in the big screen and all that >_>)

I've said it many times, I'll say it again. Marvel is only superior in live action movies, but that's all most children care about.

Also, Marvel has yet to beat out Batman and Joker imo. Joker especially, as Marvel has no villain that compares to him.

TitanCrusher101 said:
I've said it many times, I'll say it again. Marvel is only superior in live action movies, but that's all most children care about.
Also, Marvel has yet to beat out Batman and Joker imo. Joker especially, as Marvel has no villain that compares to him.
Not even in comics and video games and animation? (Not important when the success in live action films win by stomps and storms.)

The Joker as a character is weak in strength in terms of VS debates. He just has plot armor like Batman, and has some Joker Venom that can take out many Justice League members (given the needed range and chance) - who are surprisingly not resistant against that poison. But enemies as weak as Carnage (Marvel Comics) resists that.

Just... Joker as a character is commercially successful enough to hold on its own from Disney.

Foxthefox1000 said:
^ There are claims of YYH characters being planet level and then apparently the Spirit Gun being described as "light" or something and it having bounced off mirrors, but they all honestly seem sketchy at best.
Even then, Naruto was FTL to DB and close to Small Planet so Sasuke should still win due to hax at the least.
According to Screwattack, Naruto is "near light speed" and at least 115 octillion joules (1.157e29 J) (5.573088E+30 joules by us) for the moon slicing/moving feat. As most people agree Sasuke scales to Naruto, Sasuke is also this level of strength and speed.

Hiei in contrast is ~Mach 100 and "above 4.459613919340E24 J" for above Shinobu Sensui who made a cosmic Richter Scale Magnitude 6 earthquake shockwave.

Unless it is debunked of any specific situation from any state of Sasuke who is stronger and faster than Hiei at his EoS.

TitanCrusher101 said:
There aren't many better villains in Marvel, mate. Most people argue Thanos? Darkseid rip-off.
"Rip-off" isn't exactly a reason to think he's worse. Batman is rip-off of the Shadow? Anyway, Doctor Doom ***** all over every villain in DC.

Magneto, Doom, Thanos, Galactus, Beyonder, Ultron, Kang, Red Skull, Kingpin, Dormamu, Mandarin, Annihilus, Mephisto, Loki, Osborn, Garnage, the Skrull empire, the Kree empire, the Shi'ar empire, etc.

Joker like a villain doesn't beat Marvel as a whole, as some sturbbon people like to claim.

Newendigo said:
Magneto, Doom, Thanos, Galactus, Beyonder, Ultron, Kang, Red Skull, Kingpin, Dormamu, Mandarin, Annihilus, Mephisto, Loki, Osborn, Garnage, the Skrull empire, the Kree empire, the Shi'ar empire, etc.
Joker like a villain doesn't beat Marvel as a whole, as some sturbbon people like to claim.
Joker cannot fight the whole of Marvel even in terms of popularity. He is just a very notable character among the many villains.

Like The Joker is still among the top 10 (currently #2) in the "best movie villain of all time" list. This is saying something.

He's not great in terms of villainy, it's the fact that he paved the way for so many villains. He's the OG insane mastermind.

EDIT: Argue all you want, Heath Ledger's Joker remains to be the best villain on the big screen.

Newendigo said:

Never said he's #1 of all time. He's #2 imo after my profile picture. I prefer my villains to be geniuses.

IMO:

1. Ultro
  2. The Joker
  3. Brainiac
  4. Doctor Doom
  5. Darkseid

TitanCrusher101 said:
TitanCrusher101 said:
The greatest villain ever is fairly weak? Ok.
You tend to switch stuff whenever is convetional, methinks.

Also, he's not that original at least by the time that he was created. Like any other character, he had humble beginnings.

@Xtas
All your examples are also missing the fact that Marvel is getting consistently getting good results. Teen Titans Go is mostly negative, even though I have no personal problem with it. Pokemon did something stupid with their last game IIRC and there was uproar about it, Star Wars has literally shat the bed recently with their stinker movies. Marvel on the other hand is doing absolutely great. People are still keeping their faith in Marvel even though they also shat the bed with Spider-Man's fiasco.

That is Literally untrue, the reason Death Battle doesnt really use star wars is because they dont get that much views, this goes as far back as before Disney bought the License, Sam mentioned it when asked about the Darth Maul vs Carnage, Star Wars isnt nearly as popular in the Vs community as a whole as it somehow is on Vs battle wiki.

Back