• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Season Six Discussion Thread (8) (Death Battle Spoilers Alert)

I always thought that a Weeb was someone who wanted everything to be authentically japanese. You know, that guy who refuses to watch dubbed anime and thinks anyone who does watch it is a degenerate.

While that is what a weeb is by definition, it branched out to mean anyone who watches a heck of a lot of anime. I don't know why. Also I don't know the difference between weeb and otaku.

Something you can guarantee happening in this is Hiei using the Dragon Flame and Sasuke switching their bodies only for Hiei to absorb it and get stronger.

Whether or not that gives him the W is up to guess.

Gaara vs Toph is just so laughably onesided its insane. Not even close to the most onesided stomp they've done but in terms of how obvious it should be it's UP there. Toph should lose to Naruto characters in arcs before he even shows up no?

If they had instead done an earlier death battle at a later date, do you think any of them would have come out different?

Like say if they did Pikachu vs Blanka in season 5/6 they'd have Pikachu win for instance? They tend to acknowledge stats more often now.

Oh, almost definitely. Bowser Vs Ganon, Mega Man Vs Astro Boy, Pikachu Vs Blanka, Robocop vs Terminator, Luigi Vs Tails, Cloud Vs. Link, Gaara Vs. Toph, and Yang Vs Tifa would likely have different verdicts if they all aired now.

Absaddie said:
If they had instead done an earlier death battle at a later date, do you think any of them would have come out different?

Like say if they did Pikachu vs Blanka in season 5/6 they'd have Pikachu win for instance? They tend to acknowledge stats more often now.
Pikachu would still lose to Blanka because Screwattack would separate Ash's Pikachu from the typical wild Pikachu pumped to Lv 100 by rare candies.

But they specifically used Ash's Pikachu in that one. And if they were to gloss over stats they'd probably bring up some power feat of his like him destroying that small mountain in Hoenn saga or whatever.

Foxthefox1000 said:
Oh, almost definitely. Bowser Vs Ganon, Mega Man Vs Astro Boy, Pikachu Vs Blanka, Robocop vs Terminator, Luigi Vs Tails, Cloud Vs. Link, Gaara Vs. Toph, and Yang Vs Tifa would likely have different verdicts if they all aired now.
Might not change...

They don't use Archie nowadays, though. And I thought Terminator stomped?

And Link is only "universal" (despite being a shaky ass all hel statement) because of the Triforce according to the profile and is still massively slower.

Absaddie said:
But they specifically used Ash's Pikachu in that one. And if they were to gloss over stats they'd probably bring up some power feat of his like him destroying that small mountain in Hoenn saga or whatever.
I am quite sure feats from Ash's Pikachu would only be applicable to Ash's Pikachu and unless specifically dictated they would just pick a wild Pikachu.

Unoriginal Memes said:
I'm pretty sure Cloud has some hax that could give him the win. And with such greater speed, he will be able to use them before Link can EE.
So what is the hax that Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy) has that can end Link (Composite)? E.g. how potent is Cloud's Instant Death (via Finishing Touch)?

Link's Non-Corporeality has s rendered useless due to Non-Physical Interaction, Cloud can bypass Link's Regenerationn and Immortality, Link has no resistance to Transmutation, Petrification, etc. Cloud can also negate Link's durability.

To be fair, Link does resist Transmutation which has Petrification as a sub-category.

I can't really say how strong Cloud's Finishing Touch is via scaling but... it works on stuff like Machines and Ghosts. But it's still rendered moot, given Link resists Death Manipulation doesn't he?

There are other options I guess, but would need an analysis of their own to see how Link can handle with his library of haxes.

If I'm honest, a composite Link makes no sense.

DB will likely just use what the team primarily agrees is the strongest and most potent version of Link, which they've done a blog on and agree it's likely the Hero of Legemd or Time (at least before BotW 2 which they acknowledge could maybe change the results) so except to see a Composite Hero of Legend or Hero of Time if Link ever appears again.

They literally composted Link last time.

Also yeah Cloud would beat Link in a rematch. Link doesn't start with the FD Mask on and other than that the only thing that would make him a physical match is the full Triforce, which he won't have. Only the ToC.

Also Legend is greatly superior to Time. The only thing that keeps Time in the game is the FD Mask.

They acknowledged that FD is really the only reason Time stays in for aa long as he does. And remember DB was in it's early stages when they composited Link. The current Research Team is unsure if they agree with the concept of a full Composite because it's explicitly made clear that each Link is different and use different tools and items as well as have different skills.

That argument is faulty, though. It's reincarnation and they forget their past lives every time. Each Link is basically the old one hitting thw reset button.

The "spirit" can be given it's own fight if you really wanna go there since THAT is the essence of the Hero that simply inhabits different vessels which become a new Link. So Link's true form has tons of experience and is essentially non-corporeal, but none of the actual Link's we know can relate.

Newendigo said:
I wonder when they will start adding book/novel characters instead of their live-action adaptations.
Screwattack always want book characters. Especially those with anime/live action adaptations for easier footage feat calculation.

I dont think that would be allowed since Death Battle bans book characters with no physical appearence on what they look like whatsoever.

Back