• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments.

"....."

"...C-can...c-can y-you...p-promise...t-that...y-you...w-won't j-judge m-me...h-honey? A-and....a-and..." Siglos trailed off, trembling where he stood.

"...t-that...y-you w-won't...t-tell...a-anyone...?" He whispered.
"Of course I wouldn't judge you, Siglos... I'd never dare." Sylvia assured him, nodding swiftly. "Just tell me the problem, and we'll get through it together..."

"Of course I wouldn't judge you, Siglos... I'd never dare." Sylvia assured him, nodding swiftly. "Just tell me the problem, and we'll get through it together..."
"....." Siglos gingerly took a seat on the ground, taking a soft breath.

“G-growing…u-up. I…” he choked up slightly, staring at the ground.

“I W-wasn’t…w-wasn’t normal. I-it…t-took a…l-long time f-for me t-to…l-learn t-to…w-walk…a-and…s-speak. A-and…I…I h-had a…h-hard t-time…u-understanding t-things.” Siglos muttered.

“...I...I s-still h-have s-struggle w-with it...s-sometimes. I-it's...h-hard...f-for m-me t-to...b-be i-in...c-crowds...o-or...t-talk t-to...p-people. I-I...I c-can't e-even...m-make e-eye contact s-sometimes..." He murmured. He closed his eyes taking a shaky breath. His body trembling violently, his face visibly pale.

"...I-I...w-was...j-just r-reminded o-of t-that...w-when...y-you m-mentioned y-your...g-glasses... t-that's...t-that's all." He said quietly. It was obvious that there was more to the story, yet…he said nothing, slowly curling himself into a ball.

“I W-wasn’t…w-wasn’t normal. I-it…t-took a…l-long time f-for me t-to…l-learn t-to…w-walk…a-and…s-speak. A-and…I…I h-had a…h-hard t-time…u-understanding t-things.” Siglos muttered.

“...I...I s-still h-have s-struggle w-with it...s-sometimes. I-it's...h-hard...f-for m-me t-to...b-be i-in...c-crowds...o-or...t-talk t-to...p-people. I-I...I c-can't e-even...m-make e-eye contact s-sometimes..." He murmured. He closed his eyes taking a shaky breath. His body trembling violently, his face visibly pale.

"...I-I...w-was...j-just r-reminded o-of t-that...w-when...y-you m-mentioned y-your...g-glasses... t-that's...t-that's all." He said quietly. It was obvious that there was more to the story, yet…he said nothing, slowly curling himself into a ball.
Sylvia looked down at Siglos, her eyes widening as she came to the realization of what he meant.

"So... basically, you're... I um... you have... I believe the medical term is... autism...?" She asked softly, kneeling down.

(Bro, dang. I've been roasting Siglos in private this whole time, and now I'm actually a bad person for it. lol)

(
walking-headphones.gif
)

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, her eyes widening as she came to the realization of what he meant.

"So... basically, you're... I um... you have... I believe the medical term is... autism...?" She asked softly, kneeling down.
Siglos said nothing, his dull blue eyes focused on the ground. He couldn’t look at her, couldn’t bear to see her expression. Terrified of the judgment that he was sure he would see if he looked up to face her.

“…..” Slowly, he nodded, his ashen hair bobbing with the movement of his head.

Siglos said nothing, his dull blue eyes focused on the ground. He couldn’t look at her, couldn’t bear to see her expression. Terrified of the judgment that he was sure he would see if he looked up to face her.

“…..” Slowly, he nodded, his ashen hair bobbing with the movement of his head.
Sylvia gently scooted over to Siglos, sitting next to the man.

"That's uh... surprising. Don't get offended but uh... I kinda thought that all those times you did uh... weird stuff, I kinda thought you were just kinda stupid... heh..." She muttered. She was... surprised, clearly, and awkward most definitely, but she wasn't judging him.

Sylvia gently scooted over to Siglos, sitting next to the man.

"That's uh... surprising. Don't get offended but uh... I kinda thought that all those times you did uh... weird stuff, I kinda thought you were just kinda stupid... heh..." She muttered. She was... surprised, clearly, and awkward most definitely, but she wasn't judging him.
Sylvia's reaction…surprised him. There wasn’t disgust, or anger, or pity…her words not carrying the judgment he had no doubt expected them to have. For a few moments, he said nothing.

“…I-I g-guess I c-can’t b-blame y-you f-for t-that…” Siglos murmured.

“I…I j-just….I j-just…t-think…”

“…Differently…” He murmured. His eyes remained focused on the ground, still afraid to look up at his mate.

Sylvia remained silent for a few moments, thinking of what to say. She knew immediately that this was clearly a sensitive topic for the man, and that she needed to act carefully.

"I don't think there's anything really... to be ashamed about. Really. I mean... ****... I'm bad at talking, sorry..." Sylvia grunted, sighing as she scratched her head.

"What I mean is... thinking differently isn't really... a bad thing, yknow? Your... condition... isn't everything you are."

Sylvia remained silent for a few moments, thinking of what to say. She knew immediately that this was clearly a sensitive topic for the man, and that she needed to act carefully.

"I don't think there's anything really... to be ashamed about. Really. I mean... ****... I'm bad at talking, sorry..." Sylvia grunted, sighing as she scratched her head.

"What I mean is... thinking differently isn't really... a bad thing, yknow? Your... condition... isn't everything you are."
Siglos said nothing for a few moments, trembling softly underneath the light of his artifact.

“…..”

“….Y-you…r-really…d-don’t t-think it’s…a b-bad thing?” He asked quietly.

Siglos said nothing for a few moments, trembling softly underneath the light of his artifact.

“…..”

“….Y-you…r-really…d-don’t t-think it’s…a b-bad thing?” He asked quietly.
"I mean... I won't say it's a good thing. It definitely... influences you, in less than positive ways." Sylvia said bluntly, "But at the same time..."

"If the man, who I fell madly in love with, is an autistic weirdo, then... maybe it's not so bad, yknow? If I can still live with you... and love you... with all of... that, then, maybe it ain't so bad as most would think."

"I mean... I won't say it's a good thing. It definitely... influences you, in less than positive ways." Sylvia said bluntly, "But at the same time..."

"If the man, who I fell madly in love with, is an autistic weirdo, then... maybe it's not so bad, yknow? If I can still live with you... and love you... with all of... that, then, maybe it ain't so bad as most would think."
"....." Siglos said nothing at that, his body growing rigid. Tears, barely contained, began to flow from his eyes, staining his pale flesh. It wasn't a...pretty cry, his small sniffles slowly growing into soft whimpers and hiccups as he moved forward, wrapping Sylvia into an embrace.

"t....t...th..." He tried to speak, but his words were incoherent, the man simply burying himself into his wife's flesh.

"....." Siglos said nothing at that, his body growing rigid. Tears, barely contained, began to flow from his eyes, staining his pale flesh. It wasn't a...pretty cry, his small sniffles slowly growing into soft whimpers and hiccups as he moved forward, wrapping Sylvia into an embrace.

"t....t...th..." He tried to speak, but his words were incoherent, the man simply burying himself into his wife's flesh.
"Heh... don't talk, honey, you sound totally not cute when you cry, yknow..." Sylvia said with a chuckle, bringing her tail behind Siglos, gently pushing the man into her flesh as she softly pet his head with her right hand.

"Heh... don't talk, honey, you sound totally not cute when you cry, yknow..." Sylvia said with a chuckle, bringing her tail behind Siglos, gently pushing the man into her flesh as she softly pet his head with her right hand.
Siglos continued to weep into Sylvia's body for several, long moments, his body trembling against her. His ears twitched softly, the Everian cuddling himself deep within his mate as she patted his head. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, as if he had finally found someone who would truly accept him. A sad smile, crept onto his face, a chuckle escaping his lips. Eventually...he calmed down enough to speak.

"...T-thank y-you...my love..." Siglos said quietly.

"...T-that...t-that m-means...s-so...s-so m-much..."

Siglos continued to weep into Sylvia's body for several, long moments, his body trembling against her. His ears twitched softly, the Everian cuddling himself deep within his mate as she patted his head. It felt as if a weight had been lifted off his shoulders, as if he had finally found someone who would truly accept him. A sad smile, crept onto his face, a chuckle escaping his lips. Eventually...he calmed down enough to speak.

"...T-thank y-you...my love..." Siglos said quietly.

"...T-that...t-that m-means...s-so...s-so m-much..."
"You don't need to thank me for this, Siglos... I accept you for everything you are, even this." Sylvia said, smiling down at the man as she gently pet his head.

"I want you to be able to tell me about your problems more comfortably like this in the future, alright...?"

"You don't need to thank me for this, Siglos... I accept you for everything you are, even this." Sylvia said, smiling down at the man as she gently pet his head.

"I want you to be able to tell me about your problems more comfortably like this in the future, alright...?"
Siglos slowly nodded, looking up at her.

"...I...I d-don't t-think I-i'll...e-ever b-be...s-smart...l-like...S-Saffi...o-or...a-a leader l-like Jeanne...o-or g-graceful l-like Cain." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I w-will..n-never...n-not...b-be... w-weird...o-or...o-or stupid...and...I-I'll...I m-may...I m-may a-always...b-be...a-a m-mess l-like t-this..."

"...Y-you'll...r-really...s-still a-accept m-me...d-despite a-all t-that?"

Siglos slowly nodded, looking up at her.

"...I...I d-don't t-think I-i'll...e-ever b-be...s-smart...l-like...S-Saffi...o-or...a-a leader l-like Jeanne...o-or g-graceful l-like Cain." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I w-will..n-never...n-not...b-be... w-weird...o-or...o-or stupid...and...I-I'll...I m-may...I m-may a-always...b-be...a-a m-mess l-like t-this..."

"...Y-you'll...r-really...s-still a-accept m-me...d-despite a-all t-that?"
"Of course I will, Siglos... I'll accept you for everything that you are, warts and all. Trust me, when I say I will never judge, or reject you, Siglos..." Sylvia assured him, nodding gently as she smiled down at the man.

"Of course I will, Siglos... I'll accept you for everything that you are, warts and all. Trust me, when I say I will never judge, or reject you, Siglos..." Sylvia assured him, nodding gently as she smiled down at the man.
Siglos's smile brightened ever so slightly, his ears twitching.

"...Y-you...y-you're...t-too g-good f-for me...m-my love..." Siglos said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips.

"...T-thank y-you...a-again. I...I'll...t-try...t-to...b-be...m-more o-open w-with y-you..."

Sylvia chuckled softly, "I'm not to good for you, Siglos... You deserve all of this, alright?"
A soft blush spread across his face, the Everian's ears twitching in response.

"T-thank...y-you...my Darling Emerald..." he murmured. His eye's almost sparkled as he looked up at his mate, the happiness within them clear.

"...I...I f-feel...t-the s-same w-way...a-about y-you. I...I w-will...a-accept y-you...n-no m-matter w-what...ok?"

"...You don't get it, Siglos." Sylvia muttered, looking down... For a moment, her shining green eyes dimmed.

And within them, reflected a kind of despair that consumed one's very soul like a vice, a kind of agony that broke a man's spirit under the weight. Her eyes were like a void filled with nothing but endless pain and scorn towards herself, like a dark abyss that had been personally carved into the woman's mind. She breathed out, closing her eyes.

"...I'm not a person." She muttered, her tone hoarse and empty. "I'm a beast... I'm nothing more than a freak of nature that isn't for this world..."

"...You don't get it, Siglos." Sylvia muttered, looking down... For a moment, her shining green eyes dimmed.

And within them, reflected a kind of despair that consumed one's very soul like a vice, a kind of agony that broke a man's spirit under the weight. Her eyes were like a void filled with nothing but endless pain and scorn towards herself, like a dark abyss that had been personally carved into the woman's mind. She breathed out, closing her eyes.

"...I'm not a person." She muttered, her tone hoarse and empty. "I'm a beast... I'm nothing more than a freak of nature that isn't for this world..."
Siglos froze, his eyes widening as he stared up at his mate. For a few moments, he said nothing.

"...Y-your n-not a-a freak...t-to m-me...Syliva..." Siglos said softly.

"...I-I...k-know y-you...s-struggle...s-sometimes. W-with y-your...s-strength...a-and...y-your instincts. I...I c-cant imagine h-how h-hard t-that is...b-but... I've n-never once t-thought y-you a beast..."

Sylvia opened her eyes once again, looking down at Siglos.

"That's because you don't know, Siglos... The things I've done... the people I've wronged..." She muttered, her breath trembling.
"But...I...w-want to k-know...my love..." Siglos said softly. He gripped her hand in his, staring into her eyes.

"...I w-want to...love a-all of you...b-because you...you deserve a mate...w-who will love...a-all of you."

"...W-warts and all. J-just....just as y-you love me..."

"But...I...w-want to k-know...my love..." Siglos said softly. He gripped her hand in his, staring into her eyes.

"...I w-want to...love a-all of you...b-because you...you deserve a mate...w-who will love...a-all of you."

"...W-warts and all. J-just....just as y-you love me..."
"I-I don't d-deserve it... I-I... d-don't... I don't..." Sylvia muttered, her adamantine flesh trembling against Siglos's body.

"D-Do y-you... h-h-have... any idea... w-what it's like... g-going to sleep every night... a-and... a-and..." Sylvia’s voice trembled, the woman barely able to get the words out of her mouth.

"S-Seeing the people you killed... A-and... th-their families... dying in your dreams... Seeing them... c-curse you...? Seeing them scream for help..." She muttered, letting out a shaky breath.

"And do you have any idea what it's like... to wake up... Wake up with that image burned into your mind...!? The image of the crimes that you can never wash away...!?? The image that reminds you... reminds you that you're a murderer!?" She shouted, her voice becoming far more labored.

"I-I don't d-deserve it... I-I... d-don't... I don't..." Sylvia muttered, her adamantine flesh trembling against Siglos's body.

"D-Do y-you... h-h-have... any idea... w-what it's like... g-going to sleep every night... a-and... a-and..." Sylvia’s voice trembled, the woman barely able to get the words out of her mouth.

"S-Seeing the people you killed... A-and... th-their families... dying in your dreams... Seeing them... c-curse you...? Seeing them scream for help..." She muttered, letting out a shaky breath.

"And do you have any idea what it's like... to wake up... Wake up with that image burned into your mind...!? The image of the crimes that you can never wash away...!?? The image that reminds you... reminds you that you're a murderer!?" She shouted, her voice becoming far more labored.
Siglos flinched as she shouted out, but he didn't pull away. He continued to stare into her eyes for a few, long moments, his own flesh trembling against hers.

“…I…I d-don’t…Sylvia. I-I…d-don’t k-know…w-what t-that’s like…” He said softly.

“…B-but…I…do k-know t-this.” He said softly, gingerly, he moved closer to her, wrapping her in an embrace.

“I-I l-love y-you Sylvia. W-with…w-with a-all o-of m-my heart. A-and…I-if understanding t-this...feeling…h-helps…I-in a-anyway…then…I’d gladly...share I-in y-your grief…” He murmured.

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, her eyes widened. Clearly... She didn't expect this response out of him. In fact, she most certainly expected the exact opposite response. She slowly breathed out, closing her eyes as she began rubbing the bridge of her nose, frustration thick in her tone as she spoke once again.

"You... are such an idiot sometimes, Siglos..."

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, her eyes widened. Clearly... She didn't expect this response out of him. In fact, she most certainly expected the exact opposite response. She slowly breathed out, closing her eyes as she began rubbing the bridge of her nose, frustration thick in her tone as she spoke once again.

"You... are such an idiot sometimes, Siglos..."
Siglos froze, noting the obvious frustration in her voice. Gingerly, he took a step back, his ears twitching slightly as he stared up at his mate.

"...I-I...I-I'm sorry....d-did...d-did...I...s-say s-something wrong...?" Siglos murmured, confusion and worry thick in his tone.

"...Sylvia..." Siglos said softly. She was right, he was blinded by his own adulation. In his eyes...Sylvia was his perfect mate...the one person who would accept him for who he is, who'd give him the love he so desperately craved. Who wouldn't punish him for being different. He wanted to help her, he was desperate to help her...but didn't know how.

"......"

"...H-have...h-have y-you...t-tried...t-talking t-to C-Cain...a-about this?" He murmured.

Sylvia's eyes widened.

"Cain...." She muttered.

"I haven't... talked to Cain in a while. In general."
"......." Siglos said nothing for a moment.

"...I-I'm...I-I'm...s-stupid...Sylvia. I...I'm n-not g-good f-for much...a-aside from...e-enchanting a-and commerce..." He said quietly. He scratched his neck, his ears twitching slightly.

"...I...I w-want t-to h-help y-you. B-but...I...I k-know...t-there a-are...t-things...I...c-can't d-do f-for you. But...."

"...M-maybe Cain...can..." He said softly.

"......" Sylvia sighed.

"Cain won't want to talk to me. Not after how I've treated her. I don't deserve to stand by her..."
Siglos gingerly shook his head.

“…Cain c-cares about y-you, S-Sylvia. I…I know t-that…w-without a d-doubt.” Siglos said softly. He remembered his conversation with Cain the day prior, her anger at the way he had treated Sylvia.

“…A-and…s-she k-knows…you’re s-suffering to. I-if…y-you came t-to her…s-she’d listen….I’m sure of it.”

Back