• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos breathed out, slowly nodding.

“M-many…Everian’s…a-are….h-hostile…towards…human’s…and…e-especially Rakshashin…” He murmured. He shifted uncomfortably, his ears twitching visibly.

“…e-especially in Aegis. W-where…t-they…a-aren’t o-often…e-exposed t-to…o-other races…” he murmured.

“…T-that’s why I d-didn’t w-want S-Shalor t-to follow u-us here…”

Jeanne breathed out, closing her eyes.

"Many Everians have... not treated me... kindly, in the past. Especially not in my home country. But I feel like we should... focus less on that, and more on the Everians who... aren't racists?" Jeanne said, smiling awkwardly as she tried to remain positive with her pointy-eared friends.

"The... relationship humans have with Everians is a bit more... complex, Erebus, than just normal racism. Most Everians view humans as an... inferior sub-species due to our lack of... magic, or immortality, so it goes a bit deeper..." Jeanne muttered, sighing
"Yeah, I know..." he said. "But I suggest to just leave them be. If they're not bothering us, we won't bother them. It's that simple really."

Jeanne breathed out, closing her eyes.

"Many Everians have... not treated me... kindly, in the past. Especially not in my home country. But I feel like we should... focus less on that, and more on the Everians who... aren't racists?" Jeanne said, smiling awkwardly as she tried to remain positive with her pointy-eared friends.
"...." Siglos stared at Jeanne for a moment, before flashing her a shaky smile.

"...T-thank you, Jeanne..." Siglos said softly. He bowed at the girl, gripping his hat to prevent it from falling from his head.

"...I...I k-know h-how t-tempting it w-would be t-to...t-think...l-lesser of us...b-because of t-the...judgment, o-of our peers..." He said softly.

"I do..." he said, "As of now, we're currently at an impasse... Aside from the incident that happened in the castle, what else do you think we should do?"
"Not very sure... Nothing has happened, but, we shouldn't let our guard down... Danger may still be afoot." Jeanne said.
"...." Siglos stared at Jeanne for a moment, before flashing her a shaky smile.

"...T-thank you, Jeanne..." Siglos said softly. He bowed at the girl, gripping his hat to prevent it from falling from his head.

"...I...I k-know h-how t-tempting it w-would be t-to...t-think...l-lesser of us...b-because of t-the...judgment, o-of our peers..." He said softly.
"I would be... lying, if I were to say I did not bare any resentment towards your race for their... treatment of me, Siglos. But I know not all Everians are bad people. I'd be a fool to judge so unilaterally..." Jeanne said, smiling back.

"I would be... lying, if I were to say I did not bare any resentment towards your race for their... treatment of me, Siglos. But I know not all Everians are bad people. I'd be a fool to judge so unilaterally..." Jeanne said, smiling back.
"Heh...I w-wish everyone w-was as...o-openminded, a-as you..." Siglos said, chuckling softly.

"...I-I am...grateful, f-for your kindness."

(They're back and now we're talking about racism.)
"Heh...I w-wish everyone w-was as...o-openminded, a-as you..." Siglos said, chuckling softly.

"...I-I am...grateful, f-for your kindness."
"Well, it is quite hard to maintain a... generally, open mindset. But I try, as a follower of Ophelius..." Jeanne murmured, looking down a bit.

"Well, it is quite hard to maintain a... generally, open mindset. But I try, as a follower of Ophelius..." Jeanne murmured, looking down a bit.
"...I-I'm...s-sure the g-goddess is...p-pleased w-with your efforts, Jeanne..." Siglos said softly.

"...Y-you're a...b-better follower...t-than...most E-Everians I've...met."

"Understanding does go a long way..." commented Erebus.
"....Quite r-right. Yet most...d-don't...bother to try..." Siglos said softly, breathing out.

"I know... I know... I know." Jeanne repeated, more to herself, than to Erebus. Her pupils flashed a deep scarlet, heat emanating from the girl's flesh as she closed her eyes and began taking deep breaths.
He takes a light sigh before placing his hand onto her shoulder, looking at her more intently. "Hey, don't be so tense... You shouldn't overburden yourself. Why don't we all go somewhere else other than this. The people here don't seem to be that hospitable." he said in a calm tone, before removing his hand from her shoulder and looking up into the sky.

Jeanne simply breathed out once more, unclenching her fists. "You're right, Erebus... I just need to... calm down, yes. I'm sorry, this is simply... not how I intended this outing to... go."
"Don't worry about the things you can't control, it would only make things much worse. Trust me Jeanne, I've been there." he said. "Anyhow, we should find a place to stay..."

Siglos hesitated for a few moments, before slowly speaking up.

"...I...I k-know o-of a...f-few...areas of the c-city t-that are...p-particularly pretty t-this time of day..." Siglos said quietly. He took a shaky breath, recalling some of the areas his father had forced him to walk through in years past.

"...If...t-that would cheer y-you up...Jeanne."

"...I...I k-know o-of a...f-few...areas of the c-city t-that are...p-particularly pretty t-this time of day..." Siglos said quietly. He took a shaky breath, recalling some of the areas his father had forced him to walk through in years past.

"Guess you'll become our guide. Lead us to it then, young lad." Erebus said.

Jeanne simply breathed out once more, unclenching her fists. "You're right, Erebus... I just need to... calm down, yes. I'm sorry, this is simply... not how I intended this outing to... go."
Saffi paused, as if she had zoned out, now understanding Jeanne's condition. A response to stress...whenever she's stressed, her symptoms start up again. But it doesn't seem to work as a trigger, it's a generator...Her stress seems to recreate her symptoms and thus she can't be healed...at least not by Saffi...it's more of a curse than an illness. But she refused to bring it up, not now...it wasn't the time. Perhaps when they got back to the inn...or out of Aegis...just...not now....

Jeanne glanced over at Siglos, "I-... Think that would be.... n-nice, Siglos, but you don't have to do that for me... I'll... manage fine."

Jeanne glanced over at Siglos, "I-... Think that would be.... n-nice, Siglos, but you don't have to do that for me... I'll... manage fine."
“I-it’s a-alright Jeanne. I-it’s…t-the l-least I c-can d-do, a-after what h-happened…” Siglos said softly. His ears twitched anxiously, clearly a bit uneasy, but he seemed to be gathering what little courage he had.

“D-does…a-anyone else w-want to g-go? A-aside from Erebus, I m-mean.” He asked softly, glancing at the other members of the party.

"....O-oh..." Siglos murmured. The Everian deflated visibly, seemingly a bit embarrassed that most of the party seemed uninterested in accompanying him.

"...O-on s-second thought i-it w-was a...f-foolish suggestion. T-the...a-assassin i-is still o-on the l-loose... a-after all, i-it's...d-dangerous, t-to explore..." He muttered.
"It won't be, my friend. The enemy can't move since we're here. If he does anything unexpected, we'd catch up soon enough. Don't you feel safe around her? Around us?" he said, looking at Siglos before moving his head to point Sylvia.

Back