• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Saffi then reached out to Jeanne telepathically, looking at Jeanne, her eyes conveying worry and desperation. "Who all do you trust?..."
Jeanne's eyes widened, not expecting Saffi to communicate with her mind so suddenly. She breathed out, before responding to the message telepathically.

"I don't trust the... dwarf, or the Vaewolf. But Erebus doesn't seem like someone who'd harm us without cause. I doubt he holds malicious intent."

Jeanne's eyes widened, not expecting Saffi to communicate with her mind so suddenly. She breathed out, before responding to the message telepathically.

"I don't trust the... dwarf, or the Vaewolf. But Erebus doesn't seem like someone who'd harm us without cause. I doubt he holds malicious intent."
"Jeanne...I trust you more than I trust anyone here....and so I am asking you as a friend, especially while we're in Aegis, to watch your back..."

Last edited:
"Jeanne...I trust you more than I trust anyone here....and so I am asking you as a friend, especially while we're in Argus, to watch your back..."
(Nitpick: They're in Aegis, not Argus. Argus is the name of the planet, Aegis is just the city they're in.)

"I plan to, Saffi... My guard is always up, no matter the situation." Jeanne responded back with a nod.

Noah reached out to see if she could somehow improve Shalor's condition.

"Friend, I'm sorry if you're going through some discomfort right now, I really didn't expect this to happen" Noah siad, she was already a meter away from him.
Shalor jumped a little, not having been paying attention "No no, it's fine, I'm just moreso stressed..." Shalor said, turning to face Noah and shaking himself a bit

Jeanne sighed, "Well... We might not be able to do much, but... at least we have each other? I think that's worth something in the long run, at least..." Jeanne murmured.
Noah heard that and held back a laugh, it was the typical cliché you would hear in this situation, she didn't take it the wrong way but she couldn't help but laugh at such irony
"Not like we CAN do much..." Shalor murmured with a sigh, looking at the ground
"Well, better for next time maybe we should look for a more informal place than this kingdom full of "very sophisticated social classes"." Noah joked

(Bump.)

Also:

Sylvia lay numb in the cave, her body cold, nearly lifeless as her blurry eyes stared up at the ceiling, water dripping gently onto her scarred face. The stimuli, despite how small and insignificant it was to her inhumanly massive frame, sent a signal throughout every cell in her body, prompting her to slowly awaken. Her eyes began to flicker gently, the lashes sparkling with slim moisture in the light of Siglos's still shining artifact.

"Huh..." She muttered to herself, closing her eyes once again. Sylvia let out a deep breath, almost as if she didn't even want to get up. It felt as though she'd much rather stay laying comfortably on the stained, warm floor beneath her, seemingly unwilling to get up from her current position. But... She had to. She glanced down at Siglos's battered, broken body, contemplating once again.

"Looks like I lost control again..." Sylvia thought to herself, sighing. Her heart didn't sink. She didn't cry, weep, or whimper. She just looked back up at the ceiling, and sighed to herself. She slowly raised her arm, looking at her battered and bruised hand, the sight of the countless scars seeping into her battle-hardened mind. How utterly ironic, it was.

"You're free, Siglos..."

And yet, Sylvia was not. She was a mindless slave, trapped in the shell of her own body. A helpless slave to her own instincts, which were free to warp her mind as they pleased without concern for her own opinion. No matter how many decades the woman had suffered through, no matter how much seemingly unbearable torture she had endured... She was not free.

She was a slave.

"...."

But not her. No, she was never a slave, not to anything. She was strong. Stronger than anybody she could ever fathom. Her will was like iron, her dedication to her task was unlike anything she could comprehend, and her talent was the highest among anyone she'd seen. She hadn't allowed her instincts to control her. She'd conquered them. Made them her own, and used them to fuel herself, even as she lived with memories of pain that not even Sylvia could comprehend...

"Cain...."

Cain was strong. Far, far stronger than Sylvia Abel had ever been. She always had been.

"Cain...."

She was so determined. And so beautiful.

"Cain..."

And if she was here, she knew that she'd never be overcome by her instincts. That she was no slave. She was the master.

"Cain......"

...Sylvia missed her friend. She missed her best friend. She missed her one and only. Her ride or die. Her one, true, and forever... friend.

And as she curled up against the cave walls into a ball, tears pouring from her puffy eyes, she envisioned her friend. Her pale, supple, but rough skin. Her brilliant snow-white hair. Her unfathomably deep golden eyes, the shining spirals almost hypnotic with their depth. Her horns, covered in deep, rough gashes that had never healed. She pictured her friend... And wondered where she could possibly be.

And desperately, so, so desperately desired... to wrap her into another embrace.

Like they used to.

"...."

But she couldn't. Not now. She had... other matters to attend to. Her lover, at her feet, and deaths door, being one of them.

"...Haaaa..."

With a deep sigh, she searched for Siglos's pouch with her tail, hoping the healing potions Siglos had gathered from the church were hopefully still intact... Most of them were, it seemed, though a few were broken, and the others were cracked. Realizing this, Sylvia handled the intact potions with care, before slowly pulling off the caps, pouring them over her lover. Luckily, his injuries weren't as... severe, as last time, so the healing process would hopefully be less brutal.

The liquid splashed across his pale flesh, coating his body with its medicinal powers. For a few, short moments, nothing happened, almost as if the liquid was ineffective.Until...slowly...Siglos's face scrunched up, his body tensing visibly.

Meanwhile...

Siglos had returned to the forest somehow, the dark, thick trees partially covering the sky above, casting him in a shadow. He looked around, but found he was completely alone. His mate was absent...as were the animals, an eerie sense of quiet settling across the land. Even the wind itself stood still, as if it had fled with the creatures.

Unsettled by this sense of loneliness, Siglos made his way deeper into the forest. His boots landed audibly against the leaves and twigs, crackling and snapping with every movement. The sounds seemed louder somehow, the silence of the forest amplifying each noise to an uncomfortable degree. The Everian quickened his pace, growing more and more fearful as he moved forward.

After what seemed like an eternity of travel, he came across a large, back creature. The Everian instantly froze in his tracks, the sound of teeth against bone reaching his ears. It was the Judecca Bear again, as large and terrifying as when he had seen it mere hours before. Its fur was covered in a strange, red fluid, though Siglos was unable, and unwilling to identify it. Despite being so close...it didn't seem to notice him, its head lowered as it bit into a large chunk of meat at its feet. He tried to turn away...yet...he couldn't, his feet seemingly stuck to the floor, as if immobilized by a force beyond his comprehension. It felt...just like his father's magic, and that thought sent a wave of terror within his pale flesh. He thrashed and thrashed, yet...his body wouldn't respond, unwilling to obey his desperate pleas for movement.

The bear slowly raised his head, its snout stained a deep red. A fierce growl escaped its lips, loud enough to cause his very body to shake. As the bear tensed, preparing to charge at the young Everian...Siglos finally saw what he was chewing on. The tattered, bloodied remains of a green sweater, the torn, black wings flung haphazardly onto the earth...the crushed remains of a pair of glasses...

Siglos screamed...and a moment later...the bear was on top of him.

The Everian's eye's shot open, his breathing heavy. A bead of sweat dripped from his face, slowly mixing with the liquid covering his skin. He tried to sit up...before immediately collapsing back to the floor, the pain of their previous activities erupting throughout his body. He let out a soft gasp, feeling his bones painfully fuse together as the liquid mended his skeleton.

Sylvia sighed, looking down at Siglos's body as it was painfully mended back together. Softly, she reached down, gently placing her hand against his head, hoping that her touch would allow him to... focus a bit more, and ease his pain.

Back