• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"...You don't know anything about her, Siglos. Cain bears a burden far more hefty than I ever will." Sylvia muttered, "If anything, she's the one suffering, not me..."
“….” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

“J-just b-because…s-she’s s-suffering…d-doesn’t m-mean s-she c-can’t…help y-you. J-just l-like…y-you can…s-support her…e-even w-while y-you’re suffering…” He said quietly.

“I-it’s…it’s a…symbolic…r-relationship…”

“….” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

“J-just b-because…s-she’s s-suffering…d-doesn’t m-mean s-she c-can’t…help y-you. J-just l-like…y-you can…s-support her…e-even w-while y-you’re suffering…” He said quietly.

“I-it’s…it’s a…symbolic…r-relationship…”
"...The word is symbiotic, Siglos." Sylvia muttered.

"I wondered why she suddenly had one of those rings after telling me she didn't want one..." Sylvia said with a light chuckle, seemingly not upset that Cain had cursed him out.
A soft chuckle escaped his lips, the Everian gingerly shaking his head again.

“…Go to h-her, m-my love. C-cherish h-her…j-just as y-you cherish m-me…” He said softly.

Sylvia let out a sigh, her wings extending outward.

"Alright... Let's... go back to the city. I bet the group is worried about where we are. Some of them, at least..."
Siglos took a soft breath. A part of him would have rathered stayed in the cave. It was…safer, and he’d rather not be reminded of his childhood by returning to Aegis. Yet…he knew they needed to leave eventually.

“…A-alright. M-maybe…I c-can…g-go out to e-eat w-with them…” Siglos said softly. He walked towards Sylvia, gradually climbing up to her back.

“…I-if a-any will s-serve them…a-anyway…” He muttered. He had visited Aegis enough to know the attitude many have toward humans and Rakshashin was…hostile, at worst. It was a miracle the innkeeper took them all without much complaint.

"There are probably plenty of Opticians in Aegis... I just need to get a new pair from one of them..." Sylvia said as they exited the cave, soaring back towards the city.
“…I-I’m n-not s-sure how m-many w-would carry your…p-particular enchantment t-though…” Siglos murmured.

“…d-do you k-know the…s-specific magic t-they used on y-your old p-pair?”

"I know they aren't trustworthy... But most of them are weak little Everians. If they try and scam me I can just break a limb or two." Sylvia said.
Siglos flinched slightly, shifting uncomfortably on Sylvia’s back.

“…I…I u-uh…g-guess t-that’s true…” He murmured awkwardly. He hoped, for their sake, that they would be too intimidated to try anything.

“…D-do y-you need m-money? I c-can give y-you some…” He asked

Siglos flinched slightly, shifting uncomfortably on Sylvia’s back.

“…I…I u-uh…g-guess t-that’s true…” He murmured awkwardly. He hoped, for their sake, that they would be too intimidated to try anything.

“…D-do y-you need m-money? I c-can give y-you some…” He asked
Sylvia glanced back at Siglos.

"The guy I'm going to knows me. I can pay him in ways outside of money..." She said.

"You... won't be able to help me on this one. I'll actually need you to stay far away from me while I make this... transaction." Sylvia said as they began to approach the city.
"...A-alright, Sylvia..." Siglos murmured. He breathed out, shaking his head. He slowly looked ahead, watching the shining lights of Aegis come into view.

"...B-be safe..."

Siglos gingerly looked over Sylvia's shoulder, taking a soft breath to steady his nerves. Hearing the familiar hum of the city's magic sent a burst of anxiety through his chest...but he was better able to manage it, now. No longer paralyzed by fear as he was when they first entered. He took another soft breath, before reaching a hand into his bag and retrieving his enchanted eyeglass. he peered into it, scanning the streets, until he eventually saw Erebus and the others.

"...I-I t-think I see t-them. Down n-near t-the bakery." He said softly.

Back