• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"And when did you become a medical professional, Sir Siglos...?" Sylvia said with a pained chuckle, wincing once again.
Siglos sighed, a small chuckle escaping his lips.

"...I-I k-know y-you are...s-strong...h-honey." Siglos said quietly.

"...B-but...y-you...d-don't n-need t-to p-pretend y-you are ok...i-if y-you are...h-hurting. I-it...i-it worries m-me..." Siglso said quietly.

"I'm fine, Siglos... A bit of muscle aches isn't anything... I've gone through a lot worse..." Sylvia muttered.
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"P-please...a-at...a-at d-drink s-something, m-my love..." Siglos said quietly. He rummaged into his bag for a moment, before bringing out a large, wooden bucket, water quickly filling its interior.

"...I-I k-know y-your b-blood...r-replenishes i-itself...b-but...w-water may s-speed the p-process, a-at least."

Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly breathing out.

"P-please...a-at...a-at d-drink s-something, m-my love..." Siglos said quietly. He rummaged into his bag for a moment, before bringing out a large, wooden bucket, water quickly filling its interior.

"...I-I k-know y-your b-blood...r-replenishes i-itself...b-but...w-water may s-speed the p-process, a-at least."
"...Siglos, seriously. I'm. Fine. I'm a-okay? Alright? I can move around just fine and talk just fine! I don't need water..." Sylvia said, trying to convince the man that she was fine without his assistance.

"...Siglos, seriously. I'm. Fine. I'm a-okay? Alright? I can move around just fine and talk just fine! I don't need water..." Sylvia said, trying to convince the man that she was fine without his assistance.
"...Y-you...y-you w-were limping...w-when w-we walked h-here, h-honey..." Siglos said softly, his ears twitching anxiously.

"...I-I...I j-just...d-don't...d-don't w-want y-you...t-to p-push yourself..."

@Backbackback
"So Erebus, tell me about yourself, I'm curious to learn something about the third Rakshashin of the group" Noah said trying to strike up a conversation with the aforementioned
"Hmmmm... That? I can't do. I ain't really the best at describing myself..." Erebus said, before pausing. He isn't the best at doing these kinds of things aside from the usual fighting, though the sight of the young female dragon brings a tad bit of nostalgia once again. "Guess you could say I'm a traveler..."

"I'm fine, honey... Really, I am... I'll heal up in no time...!" Sylvia said, trying to assure him that she was indeed alright.
"I...." Siglos trailed off, slowly breathing out.

"...A-alright, h-honey. I-I...I g-guess I-I'm...o-over t-thinking things..." Siglos said quietly. He pressed himself into the wall, taking a soft breath.

"...I-I'll...I'll l-let y-you r-replenish y-your... s-strength, i-in...peace."

"Hmmmm... That? I can't do. I ain't really the best at describing myself..." Erebus said, before pausing. He isn't the best at doing these kinds of things aside from the usual fighting, though the sight of the young female dragon brings a tad bit of nostalgia once again. "Guess you could say I'm a traveler..."
"I guess that is fine(?), though I'm curious, did you start this journey alone or did you have other people before?"

"Alright..." Sylvia said, breathing out. She stretched out a bit, wincing a bit louder, before her muscles loosened, the woman finally beginning to relax.
Siglos’s ears twitched anxiously as he heard Sylvia wince, but he held back the urge to comment on it. Gingerly, he pulled the blankets tighter around body, before slowly closing his eyes. His breathing relaxed, the Everian slowly drifting to sleep against the cave wall.

Sylvia, however, remained awake...

"..."

"You did it again, Sylvia..." Sylvia murmured to herself, her eyes wide open as the light of the artifact Siglos brought out pounded against her eyes. She was tempted to shut them as tight as she could, tempted to let exhaustion take her and fall into a deep, peaceful rest, but... she couldn't. She knew she couldn't, knew that she didn't deserve to rest, didn't deserve to rest at his side after the things that she had done to him, the things she'd forced the fragile young man to endure.

"You nearly broke something... Again..." She muttered once more, beginning to shake. She shook her head, letting out a soft, trembling breath at her own words. She clenched her fists, her sharp, rough nails prying into the flesh of her scarred palms, causing them to bleed. "Y-You almost... You almost... ****..."

Sylvia stared up at the ceiling, blinking a few times as her eyes continued to adjust to the light of Siglos's enchanted artifact. She was in deep thought as she did this, letting out shallow, hoarse breaths. "What am I even doing anymore..."

She was a monster. She knew that. She had known since the day she'd obtained such strength that she was nothing more than a cog in a machine, a machine meant to break and destroy everything around it. A machine meant to rip, and tear, and annihilate without discrimination, a machine meant to kill without any rhyme or reason, a machine meant to kill without cause...

But... he didn't see it that way. He didn't know she was a monster. The things she'd done. The people she'd killed, the pain she'd inflicted and would come to inflict. No, perhaps he knew... But didn't care. He was to broken for that. She knew he was broken. That he was desperate for any kind of love, or positive attention. So much so he'd even ignore the fact that she was... that she was a monster.

...Sylvia looked down once more, staring at her bleeding hands as they slowly healed, the gashes she'd created sealing up. "I don't deserve it..."

This acceptance, this love. She didn't deserve it. She hadn't earned such a privilege. The privilege to be loved, or cared for by anybody. She'd accumulated to many sins, to much blood gnawed away at her heart, far to much to accept such love. She despised it, despised how much he loved her, and despised how much she craved for such love despite the fact she knew she didn't deserve it. Knew she was just a freak that shouldn't even exist to begin with.

"I don't deserve it...."

Knew that she was simply a demon that could never love or be loved, a monster who could only hate. She knew all of it, the fact had been engrained into her bone marrow over the course of decades. And yet, why, still, did she so yearn for the man's love? Why, still, did she desperately crave the affection he showed, despite the fact she knew she didn't deserve it?

"I don't deserve it...!"

Death was more suitable, yes. Death was a far more suitable fate for a horrifying, disgusting beast such as herself. No... Not even death was enough. Death would be a mercy to such a thing. She needed to be tossed into the worst pits of Gehenna, and left to rot. She deserved to be scorned, and hated by all around her.

"I don't... deserve..."

Sylvia Abel was not a human being. She was not an Everian. Not a Dragon. Not a Dwarf. Not an Orc. Not a Vaewolf. And most certainly not a Rakshashin, no...

She was simply a monster. A monster without race. A monster without need for one. For a cold, indiscriminate killer does not deserve the right to a race. No.

...They will only be scorned by those around them. And forgotten.

Sylvia did not go to sleep. She lay awake in the cave, her eyes wide, unable to fall asleep as the voices plagued her mind, as the thoughts plagued her psyche. She lay wide, wide awake. Waiting. Waiting for her body to recover, waiting for Siglos to awaken. Because someone like her did not deserve to sleep. No.

Someone like her... did not deserve anything. Anything at all.

And as such, she simply lay awake, in pain... Like she always had. And like she always, and forever, will.

Erebus looked at Noah before slowly nodding.

As much as it is a painful experience for him to be reminded of that same image....

The same thing that led him into losing... everyone, losing... everything.

'But dwelling in the past is no longer important' they say, and so does he.... He can't keep having trauma based on a event that has happened. No matter how painful, no matter how much it hurts...

You must keep moving forward.

"Well, no harm in having some light conversation while traveling... Whatever your name is. The day is still young." Jeanne said.
"Thats what she said..."

Replied the vaewolf to the last phrase
"It's not urgent." Saffi said. "Nothing's prohibiting us from taking breaks to simply talk with one another...do you mind me asking how long you've been here?"
"About as long as you all started walking out"

Responds to Saffi

"We should probably get going, now... Don't want to waste daylight and annoy our... "friends"." Jeanne said, preparing to walk again.

Meanwhile...

Sylvia, in her restlessness, eventually fell asleep, unable to maintain consciousness with the voices constantly plaguing her mind. Immediately, she lightly spasmed, her muscles twitching violently, as if the girl was trying to force herself awake, but, to no avail, as she whimpered, falling out of consciousness unwillingly, her muscle spasms ceasing...

Back