• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos’s face turned white as a sheet, his eyes widening. He pressed his hands over his ears, stinging pain erupting from the pointed organs.

“H-how…” Siglos muttered, terror creeping into his voice. He missed, he knew that, but had poured as much mana he could into the ring, he was sure even the largest of creatures would be affected. Yet…the bear was seemingly unharmed.

“N-no…” he whimpered. He took a shaky step backward, panic rising in his throat.

"Damnit! Stop freezing and get back!" Sylvia shouted as she propelled herself from the bushes. In an instant, she entered the bear's vision, causing it to charge towards her with another, even louder roar. Sylvia grunted, her ears bleeding, but, she simply ignored it, charging forward. Twisting her hips, Sylvia's gargantuan legs raised to the air, delivering a roundhouse kick to the things head, creating a loud BOOM as the force radiated through the air.

"S-Sylvia…" Siglos muttered. He felt the force of the kick slam into his face, buffeting his hair and almost knocking him off balance. The Bear was strong; he doubted even she could take it down in a single blow.

Could she even defeat it?

The thought wormed its way into his brain, the Everian freezing in place. An image of Sylvia being mauled by the animal crept into his vision, submerging his thoughts and instilling a sense of despair deeper than the depths of the sea. He couldn't live without her.

"N-no..." Siglos murmured. He couldn't do it. He couldn't leave. If he left, and she was killed because of his mistake....

"...n-no..." Siglos repeated, tears slowly dripping from his face. With shaking hands, he haphazardly opened his bag, Cornelius's sword floating from the entrance. He grasped the sword, mana slowly coating its blade.

"...L-let...l-let me...l-let me h-help!" He squeaked, more of a whimper than anything more. He aimed the sword at the Bear, the mana coalescing around the tip.

Sylvia grunted as she was knocked away from the bear, the creature meeting her kick head-on with added force. Air coalesced around its hide, the force of Sylvia's kick only serving to increase the things power. Blood dripped from Sylvia's nose, but the woman merely shook her head, ignoring the clear and apparent brain damage.

"A Judecca Bear uses air magic... Any attacks it takes is simply added to its own power via shockwave manipulation... Blunt attacks won't harm it, and-" She thought as she heard Siglos squeak, turning back to the man. She grunted once more. She didn't have time for him, not now... Unless...

...That Sword...

The bear charged forward, propelling itself forward at supersonic speeds. Sylvia's eyes dilated, the girl narrowly shifting her center of gravity and dodging the attack cleanly, despite the thing's enhanced speed. She glanced back at Siglos, shifting the movements of her hands as she fought, as if she was trying to sign towards him as she engaged in battle.

"On my signal... Fire... sword... at... bear..."

She tried to communicate, hoping he'd be able to see her hands move as she dodged the bear's next attack, focusing primarily on dodging its raged filled, supremely swift charges.

Siglos stared at Sylvia as she fought the bear, his eyes widening. Through his panic, his fear, his desperation…he saw her message. His hands trembled visibly, yet…the grip on his sword tightened, the small Everian following her command without question. The mana in the sword began to strengthen, Siglos rapidly mixing his own mana with that of Cornelius’s as he kept the sword trained on the bear. He recalled how the sword had felt earlier when he had fired at the whirlwind. The bear was a much smaller target…but if he concentrated the mana ever so slightly…he could potentially aim it directly onto the strange beast.

“…I…I w-won’t l-leave you…” He whispered. His mana continued to gather, wind quickly twirling around the blade as he readied it to fire.

Sylvia didn't even take the time to nod as Siglos acknowledged her message, immediately returning to battle. She continued to dodge the bear's ever-continuous charges as it bounced off of the air, the thing propelling itself off of the wind akin to how a ball would bounce unpredictably off of a wall. Sylvia, however, had long since read its movements, and continued to dodge despite her vastly inferior speed.

"I can't hurt it... I can't hurt it..." Sylvia thought to herself as she dodged. In truth, this was not a fight that was particularly difficult for Sylvia to win. While the bear was charging, it was vulnerable to attack, the force of its own charge thinning down its hide and temporarily disabling its force negating abilities. During its charge, with her skill, even with its speed, she could've ended its life... around 25 times, if she so desired. It was simply a matter of catching it while it moved.

But she couldn't.

This bear was a gift for her beloved.

"If I deform it... It'll spoil the meat..." She thought as it charged once more. Tightening her stance, Sylvia put up her guard, taking the full kinetic force of the bear onto her form. Gallons of blood spewed from all of her orifices as she was launched several dozen meters away, landing right behind Siglos as she let out an incoherent gurgle of pain.

“S-Sylvia!” Siglos shouted, gripping the sword so hard his knuckles turned white. Tears streamed from his face, his pale flesh stained with his despair. With hurried, trembling steps…he stood in front of her, the sword waving shakily in his grasp as he stared at the massive bear.

Uncertainty plagued his mind. Should he fire? He hadn’t been given the signal, and he could only produce a single shot with his current mana. The thing was fast, far faster than he could hit naturally; it could certainly dodge him from this distance…right? Yet…Sylvia was injured, what if she couldn’t give him the signal?

What if she was dead?

A chill ran down his spine…yet within the chill…an indescribable anger filled his frail form. This bear…was trying to take it from him. The one person he had ever loved, who had ever loved him. the sword was finished charging, the wind reaching it’s peak as he slowly took a wide stance, ready to fire the moment the bear moved.

Just as Siglos was about to fire his weapon, just as the bear was about to charge, certainly crushing him to death, moving far faster than he could activate his attack...

Sylvia grabbed Siglos by the wrist. The grip was crushing, far tighter than anything Sylvia had ever applied to the man, seemingly crushing his wrist bones as she spoke.

"Fire on signal. Do what I tell you." Sylvia grunted out as she stepped in front of Siglos, blood pouring from her mouth and nose... She was angry, at the bear, at Siglos, but most importantly... at herself, for even allowing this to happen. For throwing her mate into a situation he clearly could not handle. She should've been more vigilant, shouldn't have made Siglos do something he wasn't ready for...

Siglos flinched, letting out a muffled gasp of pain and surprise as he felt his wrist crack underneath Sylvia grasp, the Everian resisting the urge to cradle the arm in agony. Slowly, he swallowed his pain, letting out a soft, hoarse grunt.

“O…okay…” Siglos whispered. He held the sword at the ready, rapidly blinking the tears from his eyes as he awaited Sylvia’s command.

The bear let out one more roar as it charged its charge(heh), Sylvia whispering to Siglos.

"It's going to charge is in approximately 3.4 seconds... I need you to fire a second before it moves... You'll never catch it beforehand if you don't... Can you do it...?" Sylvia asked. She knew it was simply putting more pressure on Siglos, but, her original plan wasn't feasible anymore, so... she had no choice.

The bear let out one more roar as it charged its charge(heh), Sylvia whispering to Siglos.

"It's going to charge is in approximately 3.4 seconds... I need you to fire a second before it moves... You'll never catch it beforehand if you don't... Can you do it...?" Sylvia asked. She knew it was simply putting more pressure on Siglos, but, her original plan wasn't feasible anymore, so... she had no choice.
Siglos flinched, yet gave no response, bracing his injured wrist with his other hand as he stared at the bear. He wasn't given time to think, his anxiety not even given time to run its course. His mind went blank, his body moving only to the instructions he had been given. It reminded Siglos of how his dad forced him to move, a marionette within his twisted grasp...yet he had no time to dwell on it.

No time to think.

No time to blink.

No time to move.

No time to breathe.

As the seconds counted down, Siglos gripped the sword, his wrist throbbing painfully as he stared at the beast. It took him a second to prepare himself, Everian trembling as he concentrated harder than he had in his entire life. His heart pounded in his ears, deafening him to the world around him.

It took him another second to steady himself, the cold drip of tears and sweat running down his pale flesh. He shifted his center of gravity ever so slightly, and let out one, final breath of air.

As the one-second mark rang out...he fired. As if shot from a cannon, a gigantic, hurricane of wind burst from the sword tip, a ferocious gale more akin to a miniature monsoon than any kind of wind magic. The swirling mass of air danced in the forest, throwing leaves, stones and other small objects in every direction as it moved at speeds faster than a galloping horse. It crossed the distance in but a moment, the fierce wind's tearing into the bear's face and torso as it washed over the animal, as if it had been caught in the center of the mightiest of storms. If Siglos's previous spell was akin to a firecracker, it would be more apt to compare this to a grenade, it's force easily capable of uprooting even the mightiest of oaks.

Siglos's arm snapped almost immediately, his injured wrist bending in a clearly unnatural way as it crumpled into its socket. The rest of the Everian didn't come out unscathed, the sheer force of the projectile sending him airborne, slamming painfully into a nearby tree.

(As this RP's residential black man, I give you the pass...)
(Me and Midas are also black.)
"Oh, right!" Saffi said, almost forgetting before going back over to the stranger. "Do you mind giving us some directions on how to get there?"
The stranger was to busy to answer Saffi it seemed, having already gone their separate ways.

"Darn... How are we meant to find it now?" Jeanne said.
Siglos flinched, yet gave no response, bracing his injured wrist with his other hand as he stared at the bear. He wasn't given time to think, his anxiety not even given time to run its course. His mind went blank, his body moving only to the instructions he had been given. It reminded Siglos of how his dad forced him to move, a marionette within his twisted grasp...yet he had no time to dwell on it.

No time to think.

No time to blink.

No time to move.

No time to breathe.

As the seconds counted down, Siglos gripped the sword, his wrist throbbing painfully as he stared at the beast. It took him a second to prepare himself, Everian trembling as he concentrated harder than he had in his entire life. His heart pounded in his ears, deafening him to the world around him.

It took him another second to steady himself, the cold drip of tears and sweat running down his pale flesh. He shifted his center of gravity ever so slightly, and let out one, final breath of air.

As the one-second mark rang out...he fired. As if shot from a cannon, a gigantic, hurricane of wind burst from the sword tip, a ferocious gale more akin to a miniature monsoon than any kind of wind magic. The swirling mass of air danced in the forest, throwing leaves, stones and other small objects in every direction as it moved at speeds faster than a galloping horse. It crossed the distance in but a moment, the fierce wind's tearing into the bear's face and torso as it washed over the animal, as if it had been caught in the center of the mightiest of storms. If Siglos's previous spell was akin to a firecracker, it would be more apt to compare this to a grenade, it's force easily capable of uprooting even the mightiest of oaks.

Siglos's arm snapped almost immediately, his injured wrist bending in a clearly unnatural way as it crumpled into its socket. The rest of the Everian didn't come out unscathed, the sheer force of the projectile sending him airborne, slamming painfully into a nearby tree.
Sylvia caught Siglos instinctively before he could fly off, his blast of wind slamming into the creature's head while it was vulnerable during its charge. The thing's head and body was, unfortunately pulverized, Sylvia's eyes widening as she did not expect this level of power to emit from the sword.

"...N..."

"N...o... No... No...!!" She thought to herself, gritting her teeth.

(Me and Midas are also black.)
(...MY NI-)

The stranger was to busy to answer Saffi it seemed, having already gone their separate ways.

"Darn... How are we meant to find it now?" Jeanne said.
"It's not far, Jeanne. If we didn't see it on the way into the city, it's likely in the opposite direction. It's not like it would be harmful to walk around the city a bit more." Saffi smiled.

(What's good my ni-)
(...MY NI-)

"It's not far, Jeanne. If we didn't see it on the way into the city, it's likely in the opposite direction. It's not like it would be harmful to walk around the city a bit more." Saffi smiled.
"Oh... Right, sorry." Jeanne said with an awkward, seemingly embarrassed chuckle, a soft blush emanating on her cheeks.

Sylvia caught Siglos instinctively before he could fly off, his blast of wind slamming into the creature's head while it was vulnerable during its charge. The thing's head and body was, unfortunately pulverized, Sylvia's eyes widening as she did not expect this level of power to emit from the sword.

"...N..."

"N...o... No... No...!!" She thought to herself, gritting her teeth.
Siglos collapsed into Sylvia's grip, the Everian taking a breath for the first time in what seemed like an eternity.

“Ha….ha….ha….ha…” He stared at the mangled corpse of the bear, almost not comprehending the sight before him.

It was dead.

He had killed it.

He was alive.

"W-we..." Siglos murmured. He coughed slightly, a burning pain scorching through his broken arm. The sword had fallen from his grip, dirt covering its otherwise perfect exterior.

"W-we...d-did...d-did i-it..." Siglos muttered quietly. Tears began to well up in his eyes, relief washing through his body.

"Yeah... Walking around a bit could be good for us, I suppose..." Jeanne said, "Well, let's go exploring a bit, then..."
Siglos collapsed into Sylvia's grip, the Everian taking a breath for the first time in what seemed like an eternity.

“Ha….ha….ha….ha…” He stared at the mangled corpse of the bear, almost not comprehending the sight before him.

It was dead.

He had killed it.

He was alive.

"W-we..." Siglos murmured. He coughed slightly, a burning pain scorching through his broken arm. The sword had fallen from his grip, dirt covering its otherwise perfect exterior.

"W-we...d-did...d-did i-it..." Siglos muttered quietly. Tears began to well up in his eyes, relief washing through his body.
Sylvia breathed out, falling to the ground. Blood poured from every orifice in her large body as she thumped against the ground, blowing up large amounts of dust.

"Haa... Ha... Ha... Yeah... we... ******* did it..."

Her voice was, contrary to Siglos's, filled with anger and agitation. All that effort... for nothing.

Sylvia breathed out, falling to the ground. Blood poured from every orifice in her large body as she thumped against the ground, blowing up large amounts of dust.

"Haa... Ha... Ha... Yeah... we... ******* did it..."

Her voice was, contrary to Siglos's, filled with anger and agitation. All that effort... for nothing.
Siglos eye's widened as he fell forward within Sylvia's grip, landing on top of her as she lay on the ground. The jolt sent a fresh pain through his body, the Everian suppressing the urge to vocalize his suffering.

"Hah...S-Syliva..." Siglos said quietly, glancing over at the woman. He saw the blood pouring from her body, though...he didn't quite understand her tone. He stared at her for a moment, before reaching for his bag.

"...P-potions...I...I g-got...p-potions...f-from...c-church..." He stammered. He opened the bag with one hand, grabbing several potions before holding them in front of her.

Siglos eye's widened as he fell forward within Sylvia's grip, landing on top of her as she lay on the ground. The jolt sent a fresh pain through his body, the Everian suppressing the urge to vocalize his suffering.

"Hah...S-Syliva..." Siglos said quietly, glancing over at the woman. He saw the blood pouring from her body, though...he didn't quite understand her tone. He stared at her for a moment, before reaching for his bag.

"...P-potions...I...I g-got...p-potions...f-from...c-church..." He stammered. He opened the bag with one hand, grabbing several potions before holding them in front of her.
"....Use 'em on yourself, first. Your arm." Sylvia muttered, pointing out the man's shattered arm.

"....Use 'em on yourself, first. Your arm." Sylvia muttered, pointing out the man's shattered arm.
Siglos blinked, before slowly nodding. Gingerly, he placed two healing potions onto the ground, before grasping a third in his grip.

"...Y-you...p-probably g-got...i-injured...m-much more t-then I did..." Siglos said quietly. He removed the lid, before tilting his head, the contents of the bottle draining into his throat. Almost immediately, his arm began to tremble, the bones slowly, painfully, beginning to restructure themselves.

Jeanne glanced at Erebus, "Though... I think we're being followed." She said, not noting Dhei's shared presence.
Siglos blinked, before slowly nodding. Gingerly, he placed two healing potions onto the ground, before grasping a third in his grip.

"...Y-you...p-probably g-got...i-injured...m-much more t-then I did..." Siglos said quietly. He removed the lid, before tilting his head, the contents of the bottle draining into his throat. Almost immediately, his arm began to tremble, the bones slowly, painfully, beginning to restructure themselves.
"I'll be fine..." Sylvia said as she sat up, causing blood to spew from her mouth...

"Not good..." She murmured, examining her injuries. Every single bone in Sylvia's body had been shattered, from her head to her toe, and each and every one of her organs was in disarray, the inside of her body seeming more akin to a horror show than the insides of any living creature. For any normal person, such injuries would mean instant death, but, Sylvia was no normal person. Sylvia closed her eyes, beginning to clear her mind of all distractions...

And she focused...

And focused...

"...Heavenly... Darkness Binding..." Her voice was barely above a whisper, and only the sound of a loud CRACK could be heard as Sylvia's arm suddenly became stiff, as if the bones in it were being forcefully shoved back into place. Dark Magic shot through Sylvia's veins at an alarming rate as the bones in her body were forcefully bound together with thin lines of Dark Magic, the power radiating from her flesh in a thin purple aura...

The process of Sylvia forcefully sewing her body back together took a few minutes, her large physique and the amount of bones that had been broken making it so that she had to spend an extra amount of time making sure that her entire skeletal structure, had to toe, had been sewed back into place with Magic, the girl letting out a distorted breath as she whispered to herself, even lower than before.

"Haven't used Darkness Binding in years... I'm rusty, though... I can't fix up my organs or my busted ear drums..."

Jeanne glanced at Erebus, "Though... I think we're being followed." She said, not noting Dhei's shared presence.

"I'll be fine..." Sylvia said as she sat up, causing blood to spew from her mouth...

"Not good..." She murmured, examining her injuries. Every single bone in Sylvia's body had been shattered, from her head to her toe, and each and every one of her organs was in disarray, the inside of her body seeming more akin to a horror show than the insides of any living creature. For any normal person, such injuries would mean instant death, but, Sylvia was no normal person. Sylvia closed her eyes, beginning to clear her mind of all distractions...

And she focused...

And focused...

"...Heavenly... Darkness Binding..." Her voice was barely above a whisper, and only the sound of a loud CRACK could be heard as Sylvia's arm suddenly became stiff, as if the bones in it were being forcefully shoved back into place. Dark Magic shot through Sylvia's veins at an alarming rate as the bones in her body were forcefully bound together with thin lines of Dark Magic, the power radiating from her flesh in a thin purple aura...

The process of Sylvia forcefully sewing her body back together took a few minutes, her large physique and the amount of bones that had been broken making it so that she had to spend an extra amount of time making sure that her entire skeletal structure, had to toe, had been sewed back into place with Magic, the girl letting out a distorted breath as she whispered to herself, even lower than before.

"Haven't used Darkness Binding in years... I'm rusty, though... I can't fix up my organs or my busted ear drums..."
Siglos watched as Sylvia worked, the potion flowing through the injured veins within his arm, restoring their function as the bones repaired themselves.

“P-please…” Siglos said quietly. He stared down at the woman, worry painting his face.

“P-please…d-drink o-one, m-my love. I-it…I-it w-will…help t-the healing p-process…”

Siglos watched as Sylvia worked, the potion flowing through the injured veins within his arm, restoring their function as the bones repaired themselves.

“P-please…” Siglos said quietly. He stared down at the woman, worry painting his face.

“P-please…d-drink o-one, m-my love. I-it…I-it w-will…help t-the healing p-process…”
"I planned to drink one to begin with... I'm only shifting my bones into place, so the healing process accelerates even faster..." Sylvia muttered, snatching one of the potions, proceeding to down it swiftly.

"I planned to drink one to begin with... I'm only shifting my bones into place, so the healing process accelerates even faster..." Sylvia muttered, snatching one of the potions, proceeding to down it swiftly.
“R-right. I…I s-should h-have known…” Siglos said quietly, staring at the ground. He said nothing for a few moments, before moving over to grab Cornelius’s sword, gingerly moving it back into his bag. He would make sure to give it a thorough cleaning later…but that was the least of his concerns, at the moment. Slowly, he turned back to his mate, unable to meet her eyes.

(Waiting on @Backbackback to have Erebus speak.)
“R-right. I…I s-should h-have known…” Siglos said quietly, staring at the ground. He said nothing for a few moments, before moving over to grab Cornelius’s sword, gingerly moving it back into his bag. He would make sure to give it a thorough cleaning later…but that was the least of his concerns, at the moment. Slowly, he turned back to his mate, unable to meet her eyes.
It took a few more minutes for Sylvia's body to fully repair itself, the bones in her body being painfully seared together. The woman said nothing though, no, she didn't even flinch from the agony of having her broken body sewn back together once more, simply letting out a labored, pained breath...

It took a few more minutes for Sylvia's body to fully repair itself, the bones in her body being painfully seared together. The woman said nothing though, no, she didn't even flinch from the agony of having her broken body sewn back together once more, simply letting out a labored, pained breath...
“….” Siglos said nothing as she recovered, simply staring at the ground. Slowly, he took a quiet breath.

“…I-I’m….I-I’m s-sorry, Sylvia.” Siglos murmured. His voice cracked audibly, sadness dripping from each word.

"...." Sylvia said nothing as she stood up, seeming recovered enough to stand.

"...I saw a place that we can stay for a while about a quarter mile from our current location. A cave. I can't fly back to the city in my current condition, so, it'll be easier to just walk there and settle down for a few hours instead of sitting vulnerable in the woods."

Sylvia said nothing, simply beginning to walk. She moved with a slight limp, but, not anything near enough to impede her movements in any meaningful manner as they walked...

It took around 20 minutes for the couple to reach the cave moving at their pace, Sylvia having remained silent the entire time. The structure was rather large, and seemed to stretch rather deep into the Earth, so it was doubtful they'd be attacked or assaulted by any animals.

Siglos walked behind Sylvia, slowly becoming more and more distressed. Both Sylvia's lingering limp, and her seemingly ignoring his attempt to apologize, sent a wave of worry and anxiety through his body. He contemplated apologizing again, but decided against it, unsure if that would make things worse. Panic built in his chest for a brief moment, wondering if Sylvia would choose to leave him because of this mistake. This thought distressed the Everian so much, that he barely noticed the cave as they stepped towards it, his thoughts entierly focused on how he could somehow convince Sylvia to stay with him.

Siglos let out a soft squeak of surprise as Sylvia threw him over his shoulder, quickly gripping onto her flesh as she slid down the cave floor. For the first time, he glanced around, watching as the light from the entrance faded behind them as they ventured deeper into the strange cave.

"...I've...never been in a place like this before..." Siglos thought. Sylvia's grip on his body somewhat eased his worries, the Everian glad that she seemingly had no plans to leave him.

Sylvia continued to remain silent as they slid down the cave, eventually reaching the bottom...

"Light." Sylvia said as they reached the bottom. The inside of the cave was pitch black, as such, she clearly desired Siglos to use Magic to produce a light source.

Siglos's ears perked up, understanding her command. Desperate to please her at this point, he quickly rummaged into his bag, taking out a large, translucent sphere, seemingly made of thick glass. Gingerly he released it from his grip, the sphere floating above them for a moment, before bathing them in a bright light, akin to a miniature sun, illuminating the surrounding cave. A small, barely noticeable breeze emitted from the sphere, the light source clearly using air magic to keep itself aloft.

"...I-is...i-is...t-that...a-alright...?" Siglos asked quietly.

"It's fine..." Sylvia muttered, the spacious cave being revealed in the light of Siglos's magical item. Sylvia breathed out, simply moving over to the rough, dirty wall and plopping down, simply taking this time to relax as she spread her legs and leaned back.

"Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...."

Back