• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Saffi chuckled at Noah's response. She then approached a citizen and asked what their favorite restaurant in the city was and how to get there.
"Well, you could try out a pretty famous desert shop around here. It's called the 'Silver Chick'(the bird), and they make pretty delicious stuff!" A local citizen said, not weirded out by the fact Saffi just randomly approached them out of nowhere due to the fact she was also an Everian.

"It's fine! Now, how good do you think you are at being... sneaky? Can you use invisibility magic?" Sylvia asked.
Siglos thought for a moment.

“I…I’m n-not really p-proficient in…a-any spells like that. B-but…I-I learned sound magic a w-while ago. I-it’s h-how I made y-your ring…” Siglos said, awkwardly rubbing his neck.

“I-I could probably u-use t-that to…s-silence my…m-movements. If…t-that would h-help…?”

Siglos thought for a moment.

“I…I’m n-not really p-proficient in…a-any spells like that. B-but…I-I learned sound magic a w-while ago. I-it’s h-how I made y-your ring…” Siglos said, awkwardly rubbing his neck.

“I-I could probably u-use t-that to…s-silence my…m-movements. If…t-that would h-help…?”
"Would definitely help. Beasts... And monsters, and animals like me have good senses, especially hearing... If you make any sudden movements that make a sound, you could get attacked..." Sylvia warned, her large, scarred, and pointed ears twitching.

"Would definitely help. Beasts... And monsters, and animals like me have good senses, especially hearing... If you make any sudden movements that make a sound, you could get attacked..." Sylvia warned, her large, scarred, and pointed ears twitching.
“A-attacked?” Siglos said softly. A brief look of anxiety washed over his face, the small Everian hesitating for a brief moment.

“Y-you’ll…y-you’ll be t-there to p-protect me…right?” Siglos murmured.

Sylvia breathed out, "Logically speaking, yes... There are little situations in which I'd need to separate from you, Siglos. But, since we're in... dangerous territory, obviously, things can go awry. Which is why I was making sure you had decent stealth skills, to make sure you could run away if I got injured severely..." She said. She wanted to soothe Siglos's worries, whispering into his ears sweet nothings to calm his mind, but, she had to think logically about this situation. Lying to him about the reality would do no good, it'd only serve to frighten him at the inevitable coming of potential danger.

Sylvia breathed out, "Logically speaking, yes... There are little situations in which I'd need to separate from you, Siglos. But, since we're in... dangerous territory, obviously, things can go awry. Which is why I was making sure you had decent stealth skills, to make sure you could run away if I got injured severely..." She said. She wanted to soothe Siglos's worries, whispering into his ears sweet nothings to calm his mind, but, she had to think logically about this situation. Lying to him about the reality would do no good, it'd only serve to frighten him at the inevitable coming of potential danger.
Siglos's face paled, his eyes widening as he looked up at his mate. For a few, long moments, he said nothing, before letting out a deep, shaky breath. A thought surfaced in his mind, a fleeting reminder of his conversation with Cain.

"Think of being with Sylvia as a way to face the fear." She had said. The words floated in his mind for a moment, their meaning clear. Overcoming this would not only help him...it would also mean he wouldn't need to leech off of his mate for comfort.

"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment longer, before taking another breath.

"...Y-you're...r-right, m-my love." Siglos said quietly.

"...P-please...t-teach me...w-what y-you can."

"Well, you could try out a pretty famous desert shop around here. It's called the 'Silver Chick'(the bird), and they make pretty delicious stuff!" A local citizen said, not weirded out by the fact Saffi just randomly approached them out of nowhere due to the fact she was also an Everian.
"Thank you!" Saffi said, before approaching Noah and the others. "Our friend here just told me of a dessert shop nearby if you all were interested." Her grin getting bigger after each interaction.

"Indeed, sounds delightful. Though, I can't indulge to much. I try to maintain a... decent diet." Jeanne said, chuckling embarrassedly.
Siglos's face paled, his eyes widening as he looked up at his mate. For a few, long moments, he said nothing, before letting out a deep, shaky breath. A thought surfaced in his mind, a fleeting reminder of his conversation with Cain.

"Think of being with Sylvia as a way to face the fear." She had said. The words floated in his mind for a moment, their meaning clear. Overcoming this would not only help him...it would also mean he wouldn't need to leech off of his mate for comfort.

"....." Siglos said nothing for a moment longer, before taking another breath.

"...Y-you're...r-right, m-my love." Siglos said quietly.

"...P-please...t-teach me...w-what y-you can."
Sylvia breathed out, nodding. "Alright... Stay behind me, alright? And don't make any noise..."

Sylvia breathed out, nodding. "Alright... Stay behind me, alright? And don't make any noise..."
“A-alright. G-give me a moment.” Siglos said quietly. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, before taking out a small, silver ring, intricate runes engraved across its surface. Holding it within his palm, he hovered one of his fingers over the jewelry, before beginning to pour mana into it. After a few moments, he nodded, slipping off one of his scent rings and replacing it with the newly enchanted item.

“…T-this should…s-silence my…m-movements for a while…h-hopefully…” Siglos muttered. He moved behind Sylvia, ready to follow her.

"Alright... Follow me..." Sylvia whispered, getting on all fours. Her nose scrunched up as she began crawling through the forest, clearly having picked up on something.
“O-oh! A-alright…” Siglos said quietly. Awkwardly he crouched down near the ground, slowly tiptoeing his way behind Sylvia as she moved.

“S-should I b-be crawling t-to?” He muttered.

“O-oh! A-alright…” Siglos said quietly. Awkwardly he crouched down near the ground, slowly tiptoeing his way behind Sylvia as she moved.

“S-should I b-be crawling t-to?” He muttered.
"No, that's just something I do on habit now... You'll probably trip and fall on your face if you try..." Sylvia whispered back, trying not to chuckle.

"No, that's just something I do on habit now... You'll probably trip and fall on your face if you try..." Sylvia whispered back, trying not to chuckle.
‪A soft blush appeared across Siglos’s face, the Everian flashing her an embarrassed smile.

“O-oh! Y-yeah, t-that makes sense…” He murmured. He continued to move behind her, the silence of the sound ring making his rather clumsy steps completely inaudible.

Sylvia continued to crawl through the forest for a few minutes, before stopping. She peered through some bushes, seeming to have found something...
Siglos stopped abruptly, almost crashing into Sylvia's legs as she peered into the bushes.

“She…found something…?” Siglos thought. He was tempted to ask what she saw, but decided against it, remembering what Sylvia had said about making noise. Slowly, he moved next to her, his ears twitching anxiously.

Siglos stopped abruptly, almost crashing into Sylvia's legs as she peered into the bushes.

“She…found something…?” Siglos thought. He was tempted to ask what she saw, but decided against it, remembering what Sylvia had said about making noise. Slowly, he moved next to her, his ears twitching anxiously.
Sylvia urged Siglos to move forward with a gentle hand motion, as if she was telling him to come see what she had found.

"Sounds Good"
(Oliver you need to respond to Saffi like the rest of us I've been waiting for your bitch ass to. 🗿)
(
moyai-dance.gif
)

Siglos glanced at Sylvia for a moment, before slowly nodding. His heart pounded in his chest, a burst of anxiety erupting through his body as he slowly moved forward, pressing his face through the bushes.
Through the bushes, Siglos would be able to see a large, black-furred bear with shining red eyes... It was large, hard to tell how large, but from eyeing it one would could tell that it was at least as large as Sylvia from a pure size standpoint. Currently, it didn't notice them, it seemed to be resting.
([N word].)

Through the bushes, Siglos would be able to see a large, black-furred bear with shining red eyes... It was large, hard to tell how large, but from eyeing it one would could tell that it was at least as large as Sylvia from a pure size standpoint. Currently, it didn't notice them, it seemed to be resting.
Siglos flinched, stifling a gasp as he saw the monster before them. He remembered the innkeeper talking about the giant beasts that would roam around the forests, and he had indeed read about them in books. But...seeing one in person was a different matter entirely. He stared at the beast for several moments, before hurriedly looking back toward Sylvia, his eyes glazed with fear as he awaited her instructions.

@KingEzran
"Well, if we're going, did you get any real directions to this supposed shop?" Jeanne asked.
Siglos flinched, stifling a gasp as he saw the monster before them. He remembered the innkeeper talking about the giant beasts that would roam around the forests, and he had indeed read about them in books. But...seeing one in person was a different matter entirely. He stared at the beast for several moments, before hurriedly looking back toward Sylvia, his eyes glazed with fear as he awaited her instructions.
Sylvia proceeded to speak in sign language, "That, right there, is a Judecca Bear... They're incredibly hostile, and incredibly sensitive to sound and smell... Since we both smell... a certain way, we'll need to attack it from a range... Which is where you come in. With Magic." She explained.

Sylvia proceeded to speak in sign language, "That, right there, is a Judecca Bear... They're incredibly hostile, and incredibly sensitive to sound and smell... Since we both smell... a certain way, we'll need to attack it from a range... Which is where you come in. With Magic." She explained.
Siglos's face paled visibly. For a moment he said nothing, before quickly raising two, shaky hands, clumsily signing a response.

"Me?! I...I don't think I have a powerful enough weapon for that! He's...he's almost as big as you!!" He signed.

Sylvia held back the urge to sigh, "That's why you hit it in a weak point, Siglos... Like it's eyes, to blind and disorient it." She signed.
Siglos hesitated, taking a quick, deep breath. He glanced fearfully at the bear for a moment, before looking back toward Sylvia.

"...If...if I disorient it...will...will you...finish it off...?" Siglos signed.

"That's the plan, dingus... You disorient, I kill." Sylvia signed.
"Sorry...Sorry...alright..." Siglos signed, his hands trembling visibly. He took another breath, attempting to steel his resolve. After a few moments...he slowly raised his hand, gripping it with his other arm to steady his aim. As he held that position...one of his rings, decorated with a single, shining topaz, began to glow, yellow mana beginning to surround the jewel.

"This should...stun it, for at least a few moments...hopefully..." Siglos thought. He glanced back at Sylvia one last time, awaiting her signal.

Siglos took another deep breath, before turning towards the bear.

"Alright...alright...I...I...I can...do this..." He thought to himself. He continued to breathe out for a moment, before slowly beginning to concentrate. The mana around the ring started to intensify, before converting into a bright, cackling mass of energy, sparks flying off in every direction as electricity coursed through the topaz jewel. In the next instant, the spark burst forth, arcane lighting arching through the air. Siglos's aim was imprecise, a combination of his inexperience and nerves causing the lighting to slam into the bear's back instead of its head. Yet, assuming it hit at all...electricity would run through its muscles, causing them to rapidly contract and stiffen as it was electrocuted. The induced paralysis would only last a few, short moments, but it would provide a window for Sylvia to strike, if successful.

The bear's eyes widened as electricity slammed against its impossibly thick hide, causing it to jump up. The bear released a violent, demonic roar, making the air ripple violently, and causing both Sylvia’s and Siglos's ears to singe with pain. It was... unaffected, annoyed, if anything.

"Damnit, Siglos-! I told you to hit it in the damn eyes!" Sylvia nearly shouted, stifling the yell by biting down onto her lower lip. Anger and agitation sounded in her tone as she bolted up, "*******... Just stay back!"

Back