• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Jeanne clenched her fists as waves of guards began flooding into the throne room, "The- The King!!!!!" Guards began swarming around the scene, and as consequence, they swarmed around Jeanne as well, who was still kneeling down at the scene of the crime, clenching the parchment in her hand as she breathed out. No tracks, no evidence that could point to a potential culprit... This crime scene was to clean.

"Whoever did this could still be around... I need to get Sylvia and Siglos." Cain muttered, dashing out of the room with supreme speed. She searched for wherever Siglos and Sylvia had stationed themselves, moving frantically.
"I-I should go too..." Shalor said, feeling sick, basically sending his chains out to leave immediately to find the Court Mage
"...I...i-if there are this many people in the castle, he'd barely ever be left alone. And with it looking this fresh, he couldn't possibly even have left the castle...with all the guard here, there will be enough eyes to search the castle. I lack time to explain the situation to the others, I'll be leaving to locate and alert the court mage. If you can keep up, come with me, if you can't, keep looking around here. I shouldn't be long." She said quickly before flying off.
The Court Mage was not far from the Aegian King's castle, in fact, she seemed to be on her way there. Her pointed ears twitched frantically, several layers of sensory magic activating.

"Summarize the situation!!" Cecilia said once Saffi and Shalor had gotten relatively within earshot.

The Court Mage was not far from the Aegian King's castle, in fact, she seemed to be on her way there. Her pointed ears twitched frantically, several layers of sensory magic activating.

"Summarize the situation!!" Cecilia said once Saffi and Shalor had gotten relatively within earshot.
Saffi began heating herself a bit with her abilities. "The guards have lost sight of him, but it's fair to assume he's still within the vicinity of the castle. I can't sense him with my abilities, but I can tell that you're a more powerful mage than I am. We require your assistance." She added to Shalor's testimony.

Jeanne clenched her fists as waves of guards began flooding into the throne room, "The- The King!!!!!" Guards began swarming around the scene, and as consequence, they swarmed around Jeanne as well, who was still kneeling down at the scene of the crime, clenching the parchment in her hand as she breathed out. No tracks, no evidence that could point to a potential culprit... This crime scene was to clean.

"Whoever did this could still be around... I need to get Sylvia and Siglos." Cain muttered, dashing out of the room with supreme speed. She searched for wherever Siglos and Sylvia had stationed themselves, moving frantically.
Siglos was still waiting with Sylvia; the Everian hand clutched within his partners as they waited outside. His ears twitched anxiously, already noticing the tense atmosphere around the castle, the sound of heavy footsteps reaching his ears as he heard the guards move about the court. Normally, Siglos would have sharpened his hearing with mana to figure out what was happening, but decided against it, his inability to control his Mana Hearing making it possible he'd be overwhelmed by the noises of the castle.

He glanced over at Cain as she approached, his eyes widening.

"C-Cain? W-what's... w-what's going o-on?" He said softly.

"There's fresh blood all over the King's throne room, with a piece of parchment plastered to the throne!" Shalor said quick as he could, his eyes wide
Saffi began heating herself a bit with her abilities. "The guards have lost sight of him, but it's fair to assume he's still within the vicinity of the castle. I can't sense him with my abilities, but I can tell that you're a more powerful mage than I am. We require your assistance." She added to Shalor's testimony.
"Then we're wasting far, far to much time!" Cecilia shouted, "Was anyone else harmed?!"
Siglos was still waiting with Sylvia; the Everian hand clutched within his partners as they waited outside. His ears twitched anxiously, already noticing the tense atmosphere around the castle, the sound of heavy footsteps reaching his ears as he heard the guards move about the court. Normally, Siglos would have sharpened his hearing with mana to figure out what was happening, but decided against it, his inability to control his Mana Hearing making it possible he'd be overwhelmed by the noises of the castle.

He glanced over at Cain as she approached, his eyes widening.

"C-Cain? W-what's... w-what's going o-on?" He said softly.
"The king. The king has been assassinated," Cain said swiftly.

"Huh??" Sylvia said, tilting her head.

"Or at least it seems like he's been. There's blood all over his throne, and whoever did it is likely still around. You're not safe out here, you two." Cain explained swiftly.

"The king. The king has been assassinated," Cain said swiftly.

"Huh??" Sylvia said, tilting her head.

"Or at least it seems like he's been. There's blood all over his throne, and whoever did it is likely still around. You're not safe out here, you two." Cain explained swiftly.
Siglos stared at Cain blankly for a moment, almost not comprehending what she had said.

"...H-his....h-his...h-his m-majesty..." Siglos said quietly. His face grew paler, his grip growing tighter on Sylvia's hand.

"...H-has....h-has b-been....a-attacked!?" Siglos said, a mixture of complete bewilderment and terror dripping from his words. He had heard of people sending assassins after Everian royalty but...to send one after the king of all people...to Siglos, that was completely unthinkable.

"Then we're wasting far, far to much time!" Cecilia shouted, "Was anyone else harmed?!"
"Not that we know of! Not yet!" Shalor said, immediately moving to run back to the throne room, while he was clearly scared and sickened, he was certainly not going to slow down for a moment

"We need someone to check that parchment and clean it!" Kargath said rather loudly, though not as loud as hed made himself known earlier, mostly directed at any mages, though Khadgar shook his head quickly, he wasn't that precise

Siglos stared at Cain blankly for a moment, almost not comprehending what she had said.

"...H-his....h-his...h-his m-majesty..." Siglos said quietly. His face grew paler, his grip growing tighter on Sylvia's hand.

"...H-has....h-has b-been....a-attacked!?" Siglos said, a mixture of complete bewilderment and terror dripping from his words. He had heard of people sending assassins after Everian royalty but...to send one after the king of all people...to Siglos, that was completely unthinkable.
"Well, it appears he's been attacked. There's no body, no tracks, and no evidence of a potential culprit... But the blood is definitely Everian blood, the mana content within is far to pure to be any other race." Cain said, "So we need to get you out of here now."

Unlike Siglos, Sylvia kept her composure, and nodded at the information. "Right... If a potential killer is on the loose, being on our own will do us no good." She said, gripping Siglos's hand tighter, not enough to harm him, but enough that he would be able to feel the grip increase dramatically.

"Well, it appears he's been attacked. There's no body, no tracks, and no evidence of a potential culprit... But the blood is definitely Everian blood, the mana content within is far to pure to be any other race." Cain said, "So we need to get you out of here now."

Unlike Siglos, Sylvia kept her composure, and nodded at the information. "Right... If a potential killer is on the loose, being on our own will do us no good." She said, gripping Siglos's hand tighter, not enough to harm him, but enough that he would be able to feel the grip increase dramatically.
Siglos looked up at Sylvia as she spoke, the Everian's heart pounded heavily in is chest. Panic burned underneath his flesh, the Everian's arm trembling slightly as he took several, a breath to regain some semblance of composure. He focused on the feeling of his hands within Sylvia's firm grip against his lithe fingers, the strength and composure of his mate giving him comfort.

"R...r-right. W-we...w-we should...m-meet u-up w-with t-the others..." Siglos said quickly, nodding at Cain.

"...I-is e-everyone e-else a-alright?"

Siglos looked up at Sylvia as she spoke, the Everian's heart pounded heavily in is chest. Panic burned underneath his flesh, the Everian's arm trembling slightly as he took several, a breath to regain some semblance of composure. He focused on the feeling of his hands within Sylvia's firm grip against his lithe fingers, the strength and composure of his mate giving him comfort.

"R...r-right. W-we...w-we should...m-meet u-up w-with t-the others..." Siglos said quickly, nodding at Cain.

"...I-is e-everyone e-else a-alright?"
"Everyone else is fine, yeah. Well, except for Jeanne. But she's never alright, nowadays." Cain said with a shrug.

Sylvia sighed, her tail swinging around. "We can focus on that once we know we're safe... Siglos, get on my shoulders, now." She ordered, kneeling down.

"Everyone else is fine, yeah. Well, except for Jeanne. But she's never alright, nowadays." Cain said with a shrug.

Sylvia sighed, her tail swinging around. "We can focus on that once we know we're safe... Siglos, get on my shoulders, now." She ordered, kneeling down.
Siglos let out a soft sigh, the tension in his body loosening every so slightly.

“g-good…good. W…w-we…a-aren’t…t-their targets…” Siglos said quietly. He quickly climbed onto Sylvia's back as requested, wrapping his arms tightly around her muscular neck.

“T-thank you, honey.” He whispered.

Siglos let out a soft sigh, the tension in his body loosening every so slightly.

“g-good…good. W…w-we…a-aren’t…t-their targets…” Siglos said quietly. He quickly climbed onto Sylvia's back as requested, wrapping his arms tightly around her muscular neck.

“T-thank you, honey.” He whispered.
Sylvia crouched down, getting on all fours.

"You should probably hold on, babe." Sylvia said, before kicking off the ground, propelling herself forward at ungodly speeds through the impossibly long hallways of the castle, with Cain following swiftly.

Sylvia crouched down, getting on all fours.

"You should probably hold on, babe." Sylvia said, before kicking off the ground, propelling herself forward at ungodly speeds through the impossibly long hallways of the castle, with Cain following swiftly.
Siglos let out a soft yelp, pressing his face tightly against Sylvia’s back as she raced through the hallway. His arms trembled, both from fear, and from the exertion needed to maintain his grip on the woman as she ran. His hood flew backwards, his ashen hair bouncing with Sylvia’s movements.

“H-has a-anyone contacted t-the c-court m-mage? S-she c-could secure the castle…” Siglos called out.

Erebus was following the group, keeping up with their speed.
"The kill happened moments before we even arrive..." he thought, his hand about to grab the sword behind him.
"The bastard's prolly rigged some gunpowder around the castle... If I were 'em, taking out witnesses is the best." he thought, before chuckling at himself. "Not that I haven't done it before..."

Siglos let out a soft yelp, pressing his face tightly against Sylvia’s back as she raced through the hallway. His arms trembled, both from fear, and from the exertion needed to maintain his grip on the woman as she ran. His hood flew backwards, his ashen hair bouncing with Sylvia’s movements.

“H-has a-anyone contacted t-the c-court m-mage? S-she c-could secure the castle…” Siglos called out.
"Pretty sure Saffi and Shalor went to go find her. She's most likely there by now," Cain said as they ran, the trio swiftly approaching the throne room in a short timeframe.

"Pretty sure Saffi and Shalor went to go find her. She's most likely there by now," Cain said as they ran, the trio swiftly approaching the throne room in a short timeframe.
Siglos breathed out, nodded swiftly.

"...G-good...g-good. K-knowing S-Saffi, s-she...s-should b-be on h-her way..." Siglos said quietly. As they neared the throne room, the metallic scent of blood finally reached Siglos's nose, the Everian recoiling visibly in response. His eyes scanned the area for any signs of danger, his ears twitching anxiously.

"...H-he...w-was really a-attacked...i-in his...o-own throne r-room..." Siglos muttered, almost in disbelief.

Siglos arrived to see Jeanne being incessantly questioned by the guards as she stood by the throne, holding the parchment which was set onto the blood-stained golden structure. Many questioned her of her whereabouts when this happened, her potential involvement, until the blue-haired Everian man stepped up, standing in front of the young knightess.

"Back off, back off! She didn't do anything wrong! She was with me before this happened, I can vouch for her, and everyone here!" He shouted, causing the guards to gently back away.

Jeanne's gently sighed, glancing at Siglos, Sylvia, and Cain as they entered the room. Her still scarlet eyes ran a discerning eye across them before she looked away, down at the parchment in her hand.

"....I don't know. It's cryptic, plus, I can't read it properly." Jeanne said, handing the paper to Siglos.

"Can you clean it without damaging it...?"
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before nodding swiftly.

“Y-yeah. I…know a few…c-cleaning spells…G-give me a m-moment…” Siglos said softly. Gingerly he grabbed the paper from Jeanne, carefully gripping the edge as he brought it into his possession. With his free hand, he raised it above the paper, invisible mana slowly emitting from his pale flesh. The mana gradually dripped onto the paper, covering it in his magic. Gradually…the stains of blood began to disappear, seemingly evaporating off of the surface of the paper as his mana covered it. I’m a few moments…the paper was as clean as if it were never touched, it’s surface unmarred by anything aside from the content of the note.

“I-is t-this b-better?” He asked quietly.

"Much better..." Jeanne said, opening her right palm, expecting Siglos to place the paper back into her hand as she held it out. The black limb writhed with heat, a scarlet glow coating the darkened flesh.
Siglos's eyes widened as he glanced at her hand, the Everian hesitating for a brief moment as he stared at the backend limb. Concern was etched into his eyes, but he decided against asking about it, gingerly placing the note in her marred flesh.

"L-let m-me k-know i-if y-you can't...r-read it. M-me a-and Sylvia c-can u-use...Mana Sight...to t-translate text..." Siglos said quietly.

Siglos's eyes widened as he glanced at her hand, the Everian hesitating for a brief moment as he stared at the backend limb. Concern was etched into his eyes, but he decided against asking about it, gingerly placing the note in her marred flesh.

"L-let m-me k-know i-if y-you can't...r-read it. M-me a-and Sylvia c-can u-use...Mana Sight...to t-translate text..." Siglos said quietly.
Jeanne nodded, looking down at the paper.

"It's in modern English, I can read it..." Jeanne muttered, "But, like I said, it's cryptic... 'Water burns in plenty... As does blood, spill on the city streets at dawn'..."

"...Sounds like a threat." Sylvia muttered, getting onto her feet. "Blood will spill on the city streets at dawn... No idea what that means."

“B-blood I-in…the s-streets?” Siglos said quietly. He recalled the innkeeper they had met earlier, his face paling slightly as he wondered if she would be safe.

“…T-that…should be…I-impossible…Aegis…s-should h-have the best…m-magical defenses o-on the c-continent…” Siglos said quietly, shaking his head.

“…N-not t-to mention the W-Witch of Ice…” Siglos muttered.

"...Blood can be spilled without an attack, Siglos. People can get into conflict, accidents can happen, and several other things can happen that can cause a potential death. Most likely, if whoever wrote this note left it in a puddle of the King's blood, the blood being spilled on the streets will be that of another noble, or someone of high status." Sylvia said, crossing her arms. Her face was stern, her muscles tensed beneath her clothing as she calmly dissected the situation.

Siglos glanced at Sylvia, the news they were targeting nobles strangely seeming to…relax the man, if only slightly.

"O-oh! t-thats...t-thats...a-awful..." Siglos said quietly. He said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head quickly.

"...I-is...i-is i-it p-possible w-we're...d-dealing with a g-group, i-instead o-of an s-single a-assassin then? A-a s-single individual c-couldn't d-do m-much t-to... d-destabilize t-the city...c-can they?" He asked quickly.

Siglos slowly nodded, glancing nervously at the guards and other gathered people.

“…Y-you’re r-right…I-if…o-one of t-the…d-stronger mages w-went…rogue…” Siglos began. He stopped, before slowly shaking his head.

“…W-well…I-if it’s a-an I-individual…d-do y-you think you could…l-locate t-their scent?” He asked quietly.

Back