• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos flinched, before slowly nodding.

“S-sorry, s-sorry. Y-you’re right…” Siglos said quietly. He said nothing more, the Everian gradually growing more anxious as he glanced around the blood stained room.
Sylvia sighed, gently placing her hand onto Siglos's head as she uncrossed her arms. "Sorry for being strict, honey... We just can't afford to dawdle."
"Then it must be someone who works here or can erase it presence" Noah said, more for herself
Jeanne overheard Noah as she spoke, "Noah speaks true... We'll need sensory magic, high levels of it."

Sylvia sighed, gently placing her hand onto Siglos's head as she uncrossed her arms. "Sorry for being strict, honey... We just can't afford to dawdle."
Siglos breathed out a small sigh, nodding in agreement.

“I…I u-understand, h-honey. T-this…t-this is a-an…emergency…” Siglos said softly. He reached up, gingerly stroking his mate’s hand as she pressed it against his hair.

He turned towards Jeanne for a moment.

“…O-once t-the c-court m-mage a-arrives…w-we can a-ask her to c-cast s-sensory m-magic a-across the…castle. S-she’s l-likely the s-strongest m-mage w-we c-can contact o-on…s-such short notice…” He said softly.

Siglos breathed out a small sigh, nodding in agreement.

“I…I u-understand, h-honey. T-this…t-this is a-an…emergency…” Siglos said softly. He reached up, gingerly stroking his mate’s hand as she pressed it against his hair.

He turned towards Jeanne for a moment.

“…O-once t-the c-court m-mage a-arrives…w-we can a-ask her to c-cast s-sensory m-magic a-across the…castle. S-she’s l-likely the s-strongest m-mage w-we c-can contact o-on…s-such short notice…” He said softly.
"I'm already on it." Cecilia appeared in front of Siglos and Sylvia in the tiniest flash of light, clearly having utilized teleportation magic as she looked down at the crime scene.

"...Whoever did this is good. It'll take me a while to fully track them down." She said, grunting as her nose scrunched up from the smell of blood. "For now, you all need to vacate... You're not safe."

"Right..." Saffi said as a short response to Cecilia before leaving the castle. She then reached out to the group telepathically so the mage and guards wouldn't hear her assuming they passed by.

"...I haven't known the mage long enough to say this is anything outside of her character, but her power far exceeds anyone in Aegis. There's always the possible motive of wanting to usurp the throne, and with that magic she just demonstrated, she could get in and out of the castle without anyone knowing she was even there...we may need to give it a moment before rushing to conclusions, but as of now, The Court Mage appears to be the only one capable of such a thing, and if she was behind it...then we don't have any method of saving this city from her power quite yet."

"I'm already on it." Cecilia appeared in front of Siglos and Sylvia in the tiniest flash of light, clearly having utilized teleportation magic as she looked down at the crime scene.

"...Whoever did this is good. It'll take me a while to fully track them down." She said, grunting as her nose scrunched up from the smell of blood. "For now, you all need to vacate... You're not safe."
Siglos took a reflexive step back, shivering visibly as the Court Mage appeared before him.

“O-oh! A…alright. T-thank y-you…C-court Mage…” Siglos said quietly. He moved next to Sylvia’s leg, prepared to climb onto her back again.

"Right..." Saffi said as a short response to Cecilia before leaving the castle. She then reached out to the group telepathically so the mage and guards wouldn't hear her assuming they passed by.

"...I haven't known the mage long enough to say this is anything outside of her character, but her power far exceeds anyone in Aegis. There's always the possible motive of wanting to usurp the throne, and with that magic she just demonstrated, she could get in and out of the castle without anyone knowing she was even there...we may need to give it a moment before rushing to conclusions, but as of now, The Court Mage appears to be the only one capable of such a thing, and if she was behind it...then we don't have any method of saving this city from her power quite yet."
Siglos hesitated for a moment, shifting uncomfortably where he stood.

“S-Saffi, s-she…s-she may b-be able t-to…r-read o-our minds. W-we…w-we shouldn’t…discuss s-such t-things l-like this…” Siglos telepathically said, he glanced back at the witch, growing increasingly nervous as he stared at the woman.

Jeanne grunted, nodding at Cecilia's words. She didn't take time to respond to Saffi, sharing the same theory that Cecilia may indeed be reading their minds, before walking out slowly, leaving the piece of parchment behind.

Sylvia breathed out, "We should go... my love." She said, holding down her hand for Siglos to grab it. "We... especially you, are not safe here."

Siglos hesitated for a moment, shifting uncomfortably where he stood.

“S-Saffi, s-she…s-she may b-be able t-to…r-read o-our minds. W-we…w-we shouldn’t…discuss s-such t-things l-like this…” Siglos telepathically said, he glanced back at the witch, growing increasingly nervous as he stared at the woman.
"It's not like it does us any better to simply talk about it...things are only going to get more dangerous from here on out...for us, for Aegis, and that's whether I'm right or wrong. In any case...we need to get to a safe place and prepare for whatever happens next." Saffi said telepathically.

Last edited:
Jeanne grunted, nodding at Cecilia's words. She didn't take time to respond to Saffi, sharing the same theory that Cecilia may indeed be reading their minds, before walking out slowly, leaving the piece of parchment behind.

Sylvia breathed out, "We should go... my love." She said, holding down her hand for Siglos to grab it. "We... especially you, are not safe here."
Siglos glanced up at Sylvia for a moment, before slowly nodding. A thought struck him suddenly, the Everian realizing that, assuming the assassin was solely targeting nobles…he was one of the people most at risk. Siglos began to tremble visibly at the thought, a fresh burst of fear filling his chest. The fear further intensified, Siglos realizing that the court mage could be reading his thoughts, even now.

"Y-yeah! W-we…w-we s-should…g-go…” Siglos said, his voice quivering audibly. He quickly gripped Sylvia's hand, his fingers tightly gripping her muscular flesh.

"It's not like it does us any better to simply talk about it...things are only going to get more dangerous from here on out...for us, for Aegis, and that's whether I'm right or wrong. In any case...we need to get to a safe place and prepare for whatever happens next." Saffi said, this time with her own lips.
(I thought Saffi had left the castle? She's the only one outside rn, so they wouldn't hear her, I don't think.)

Siglos glanced up at Sylvia for a moment, before slowly nodding. A thought struck him suddenly, the Everian realizing that, assuming the assassin was solely targeting nobles…he was one of the people most at risk. Siglos began to tremble visibly at the thought, a fresh burst of fear filling his chest. The fear further intensified, Siglos realizing that the court mage could be reading his thoughts, even now.

"Y-yeah! W-we…w-we s-should…g-go…” Siglos said, his voice quivering audibly. He quickly gripped Sylvia's hand, his fingers tightly gripping her muscular flesh.

(I thought Saffi had left the castle? She's the only one outside rn, so they wouldn't hear her, I don't think.)
(Oh lol, I thought everyone else left too. Edited0

(Lol.)

Cain soon followed out of the castle, her halo gently spinning around her head. The girl's guard was clearly raised, her third eye constantly darting around the area, continuously scanning for any potential threats. "Saffi's onto something... I don't trust this city..."

As she was, Sylvia gently nodded, lifting Siglos up by his hand and throwing him onto her broad, muscular shoulder, allowing him to sit on it as she began leaving. "Hold onto my neck if you have a hard time balancing, hun."

Cain soon followed out of the castle, her halo gently spinning around her head. The girl's guard was clearly raised, her third eye constantly darting around the area, continuously scanning for any potential threats. "Saffi's onto something... I don't trust this city..."

As she was, Sylvia gently nodded, lifting Siglos up by his hand and throwing him onto her broad, muscular shoulder, allowing him to sit on it as she began leaving. "Hold onto my neck if you have a hard time balancing, hun."
Siglos quickly adjusted himself, wrapping two, trembling hands around Sylvia's neck. He took a deep, quiet breath, closing his eyes for a moment.

"...T-thank you, h-honey. I...I l-love you..." Siglos said quietly. He pressed his cheek against her neck, taking another, deep breath to steady himself.

"It's not like it does us any better to simply talk about it...things are only going to get more dangerous from here on out...for us, for Aegis, and that's whether I'm right or wrong. In any case...we need to get to a safe place and prepare for whatever happens next." Saffi said telepathically.
Siglos slowly nodded.

"...Y-you're...y-you're right, Saffi. L-lets...l-lets regroup o-once we l-leave the...castle grounds..." He said telepathically.

"...W-we...w-we could g-go...b-back to the inn...u-unless t-there's a...b-better location..."

"If we go to the inn, I won't be able to protect you from within there, Siglos..." Sylvia said telepathically, "I can't fit, remember..."

"You are a Rakshashin. Simply shrink yourself." Jeanne said telepathically.

"Well, if I could do that, I would've!" Sylvia said telepathically, "But, for your information, violently compressing your bones and muscles down hurts a damn lot..."

(Just realized it wouldn't make sense for Siglos to stutter over Telepathy, so I'm gonna stop doing that lol)

"...It's...alright. If...if we go back to the inn...I can just...stay outside with Sylvia and the...bigger members of the group." He said telepathically. He glanced over at Sylvia's face, pressing his head against hers.

"...I...I won't leave your side, honey..."

Sylvia sighed, shaking her head. As if on instinct, her tail slid over to Siglos, wrapping itself softly around his waist, akin to a leash.

"Alright... Good. Let me know if you need anything, alright? In terms of food or whatever. I know you need to eat, unlike me, so I can get you whatever you want."

Sylvia sighed, shaking her head. As if on instinct, her tail slid over to Siglos, wrapping itself softly around his waist, akin to a leash.

"Alright... Good. Let me know if you need anything, alright? In terms of food or whatever. I know you need to eat, unlike me, so I can get you whatever you want."
Siglos flashed her a soft, shaky smile, welcoming the warm embrace of Sylvia's tail against him.

“…t-thank you, h-honey. Y-you…you’re a-amazing…” Siglos said softly. He leaned in closer, pressing a quick kiss onto Sylvia’s cheek.

Siglos flashed her a soft, shaky smile, welcoming the warm embrace of Sylvia's tail against him.

“…t-thank you, h-honey. Y-you…you’re a-amazing…” Siglos said softly. He leaned in closer, pressing a quick kiss onto Sylvia’s cheek.
Sylvia shuttered at that, a soft blush coating her cheeks. "N-Not here, honey... Especially not in front of all of these nobles... Their gonna look at us... m-more than they already do..."

Sylvia shuttered at that, a soft blush coating her cheeks. "N-Not here, honey... Especially not in front of all of these nobles... Their gonna look at us... m-more than they already do..."
A small blush crept onto Siglos’s cheeks, a nervous chuckle escaping his lips. He cast a quick glance at the surrounding people, before looking away.

“…O-oh! Y-you’re…you’re right, Sylvia…” Siglos muttered quietly. He quickly shook his head, trying in vain to remove the warmth that had spread across his face.

“…I…I should…f-focus…” he muttered.

"Heh... Again, with the flattery, babe..." Sylvia said with a soft, lighthearted chuckle, almost distracting the monster of a woman from the situation at hand.
“I…c-can’t help it, my l-love. Y-you’re just…s-so…amazing…” Siglos said softly, a warm smile on his face. He pressed his cheek against her neck again, snuggling into her muscular flesh.

“…T-thank y-you…f-for…d-doing so m-much, f-for me…”

Back