• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

“…P-please don’t…a-antagonize h-his highness …w-when we get i-inside…” Siglos said quietly, glancing wearily at Dhei.

“…N-no…n-no m-matter how h-he acts…I-I….we…c-can’t u-upset h-him…”
"Speaking of which, it's best we decide who speaks, and we don't change that. We don't need all of us speaking at once towards the throne." Saffi stated.

“…P-please don’t…a-antagonize h-his highness …w-when we get i-inside…” Siglos said quietly, glancing wearily at Dhei.

“…N-no…n-no m-matter how h-he acts…I-I….we…c-can’t u-upset h-him…”
"Shut the **** up...nobody asked you...and i can hear you even when you talk like that"

Responded to Siglos to point it out to him to mind his business, he wasnt gonna talk anyway, he just wants this to be over with already

Siglos flinched visibly, gingerly taking a step closer to Sylvia.

“…S-sorry, s…sorry! P-please…d-don’t…d-don’t fight. N-not h-here…” Siglos said softly, visibly anxious. He pressed a hand against Sylvia’s leg, both to calm himself and in hopes the woman wouldn’t take offense.

"Speaking of which, it's best we decide who speaks, and we don't change that. We don't need all of us speaking at once towards the throne." Saffi stated.
“J-Jeanne and…Khadgar a-are…p-probably o-our b-best orators. W-we…w-we c-could l-leave i-it to them…” Siglos said quietly.

Siglos flinched visibly, gingerly taking a step closer to Sylvia.

“…S-sorry, s…sorry! P-please…d-don’t…d-don’t fight. N-not h-here…” Siglos said softly, visibly anxious. He pressed a hand against Sylvia’s leg, both to calm himself and in hopes the woman wouldn’t take offense.
"Watch your tongue by where you stick it in 24/7"

Retorted back at her
Sylvia's growling intensified, darkness seeping into her sclera as she glared down at Dhei with palpable bloodlust. Veins and muscles bulged from beneath her clothing, the woman clearly on the verge of pouncing, before...

"...Alright. But next time he insults you, I break his skull open..." Sylvia grunted at Siglos, slowly calming down.
“J-Jeanne and…Khadgar a-are…p-probably o-our b-best orators. W-we…w-we c-could l-leave i-it to them…” Siglos said quietly.
"I am definitely doing all of the talking..." Jeanne muttered, pain seeping into her flesh as the burning sensation that had previously gone dormant in her body resurfaced marginally, causing her to groan.

Sylvia's growling intensified, darkness seeping into her sclera as she glared down at Dhei with palpable bloodlust. Veins and muscles bulged from beneath her clothing, the woman clearly on the verge of pouncing, before...

"...Alright. But next time he insults you, I break his skull open..." Sylvia grunted at Siglos, slowly calming down.
"Lay a hand on me and i slice your hands in pieces painfully...keep your dirty hands on him..."

Reffering to Siglos

"Enough from all of you. Not here, not now. If violence is your solution to the current conflict, do it outside. But at this rate, you'll get yourselves killed assuming you don't kill each other. Now, Je-..." She paused her address towards Jeanne after hearing her groan. "I'll stay with Jeanne and Kargath as we go into the throne room." She said, still rather worried about Jeanne. "Sylvia and Dhei, with all respect to your abilities, I don't think you're trusted to remain composed throughout the whole experience. And I'm sure I don't even have to tell you to stay by Siglos' side. Noah best stay with you three as well so you have some sense of reason."

"I am definitely doing all of the talking..." Jeanne muttered, pain seeping into her flesh as the burning sensation that had previously gone dormant in her body resurfaced marginally, causing her to groan.
Siglos gingerly wrapped his hands around Sylvia's leg, pressing his cheek into her lower thigh.

"...T-thank you, my love..." Siglos said quietly. He looked back at Jeanne, slowly nodding.

"...D-don't...push y-yourself..." He muttered to the girl.

"Enough from all of you. Not here, not now. If violence is your solution to the current conflict, do it outside. But at this rate, you'll get yourselves killed assuming you don't kill each other. Now, Je-..." She paused her address towards Jeanne after hearing her groan. "I'll stay with Jeanne and Kargath as we go into the throne room." She said, still rather worried about Jeanne. "Sylvia and Dhei, with all respect to your abilities, I don't think you're trusted to remain composed throughout the whole experience. And I'm sure I don't even have to tell you to stay by Siglos' side. Noah best stay with you three as well so you have some sense of reason."
"...T-that...s-sounds l-like a...w-wonderful p-plan. T-thank y-you, Saffi." Siglos said quietly. He breathed out a small sigh of relief, inwardly glad Saffi was attempting to take control of the situation.

Siglos gingerly wrapped his hands around Sylvia's leg, pressing his cheek into her lower thigh.

"...T-thank you, my love..." Siglos said quietly. He looked back at Jeanne, slowly nodding.

"...D-don't...push y-yourself..." He muttered to the girl.
"Just go... please..." Jeanne muttered, her breathing picking up. Her eyes flashed a deep scarlet, the girl tightly shutting the lids. "Please..."

"Let's... wait outside, honey." Sylvia said with a sigh.

Cain, with a sigh, shook her head. She glanced back to Jeanne for a moment before turning to the door to the throne room, "Let's move..."

"Kinda feisty if I'm bein' honest with you..." Erebus commented on Saffi's response, before taking a sigh. "Kid nowadays grow a little rebellious don't you think?" he said after some members of the group left, leaving him and the others at the throne.

"Just go... please..." Jeanne muttered, her breathing picking up. Her eyes flashed a deep scarlet, the girl tightly shutting the lids. "Please..."
Saffi quickly grabbed onto Jeanne's arm, trying to use her healing magic like she did before. While it didn't erase the symptoms, it did offer a temporary removal of the effects. Perhaps it would work again...at least enough to allow her to last in the castle.

Jeanne nodded at Erebus' words, slowly opening the door. Jeanne took in a deep breath, before speaking. "Y-Your majesty!! We are here on official business to speak with you!"

But she was met with no answer. "Your majesty...!?" Yet again, she was met with no answer. "Sir...?"

"Huh... Weird. He shouldn't be out at this hour..." The blue-haired Everian man muttered, "Your majesty!!"

Still, no answer.

Saffi's abilities picked up nothing, in fact, she could only pick up the waning of something's life force.

"I'll go check..." Jeanne murmured, gripping her sword as she walked forward. She turned back, expecting the group to have her back in case there was any danger.

Saffi's abilities picked up nothing, in fact, she could only pick up the waning of something's life force.

"I'll go check..." Jeanne murmured, gripping her sword as she walked forward. She turned back, expecting the group to have her back in case there was any danger.
Saffi constructed a small wall in front of Jeanne. "Jeanne...you have not been in an intense confrontation since first receiving your symptoms...And if I am correct, and the king's life may be at stake, my powers may prove more useful. Now I know your will, and I know I couldn't stop it if I tried. But I am asking that you stay with Kargath...if you don't trust me going alone, Erebus may come with me. It's just-...due to the uncertainty of this whole situation, I don't know if you should be back in action until you feel like you're at your best." She let the wall down. "But truly, it's your choice in the end."

Jeanne froze as Saffi spoke, before letting out a sharp, swift breath. Shaking her head, she spoke; "I understand your concern here, Saffi. I do, truly. But I know I can do this... I can't continue staying on the sidelines simply because of my injury. I will ask, sincerely, that you allow me to move forward, and see what has happened to the king, Saffi..."

"Like I said...I can't possibly stop you." Saffi said with a smile. "But if you feel something, anything in regards of symptoms, you tell me." Saffi said. "This place will be rather large to search, and it's hard to find a fleeting life. Sir?" She asked the blue-haired Everian. "What sections of this place might the king frequent?"

Jeanne nodded, "Alright, Saffi. I'll let you know if I... feel anything." She said, as she walked into the throne room, up to the throne. The smell of iron filled Jeanne's nostrils, the extremely potent scent of iron. "Dear lord..." She muttered, "Guys...!!"

"Places he... frequents? Well, sometimes he likes to visit the royal library, but, most of the time, he's in his throne room-" The blue-haired Everian man said to Saffi, before shaking his head at Jeanne's call.

Jeanne kneeled down, clenching her fists as she looked down at the throne...

"Damn it... We've come far to late." She muttered. Blood painted the structure, clearly fresh blood. Far, far to fresh. With it came a piece of parchment plastered to the seat, coated in red.

Jeanne kneeled down, clenching her fists as she looked down at the throne...

"Damn it... We've come far to late." She muttered. Blood painted the structure, clearly fresh blood. Far, far to fresh. With it came a piece of parchment plastered to the seat, coated in red.
"...I...i-if there are this many people in the castle, he'd barely ever be left alone. And with it looking this fresh, he couldn't possibly even have left the castle...with all the guard here, there will be enough eyes to search the castle. I lack time to explain the situation to the others, I'll be leaving to locate and alert the court mage. If you can keep up, come with me, if you can't, keep looking around here. I shouldn't be long." She said quickly before flying off.

"I-I should go too..." Shalor said, feeling sick, basically sending his chains out to leave immediately to find the Court Mage

"Get the entire city on peak alert!" Khadgar shouted out to any guards nearby, while Kargath began analyzing the situation and area, trying to find any possible signs of tracks, the smell of blood filling his nose

Back