• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"You can stay outside if it's to bright for you..." Jeanne muttered to Dhei.
"It cant be that bright inside"
"I... suppose you are right, Siglos. Still, it may be best for him to remain outside if he's uncomfortable around light..." Jeanne muttered.
"And do what? Stare at this? Not gonna stay outside for coming all this damn way"

"Might be a defense. Pretty hard to see and effectively counter when there's light in your eyes for most normal fighters." Kargath suggested while Shalor closed his eyes and basically walked forward blind, with Khadgar using an application of Ice magic to shield his eyes

"Why, hello there travelers," As the group approached the castle, they were met with what seemed to be, through the nigh-blinding light, an Everian man with with deep blue hair wearing chainmail armor, a shield at the ready. "Mind stating your business?"

"We're here to see the High King..." Jeanne explained, breathing out.

"Oh, well, come right in!" The man said with a friendly smile, "No harm in having guests."

"Well, follow me!" The Everian Man said, leading them into the castle.

"Are you ready, honey...?" Sylvia asked, looking down at her better half.
Siglos looked up at Sylvia, staring into her emerald eyes for a few moments. Gingerly he reached for her hand, clasping it into his own. His palm trembled slightly, matching the soft tremors that moved his legs.

“I-I’m…I-I’m ready, m-my Emerald…” Siglos said softly. He flashed her a soft smile, attempting to put on a brave face.

"Well... Alright. I've got you." Sylvia said as they entered the castle...

As one would expect, the inside of the castle was indeed marvelous, but not nearly as bright as the outside, especially with most of the windows blocked from the sunlight. Akin to the cathedral, the place had several of Cornelius's inscriptions on the floor and walls throughout the massive, impossibly long hallways, detailing the Holy War between Ophelius and Argosax many hundreds of thousands of years ago.

"Do forgive the... length of the hallways. I didn't build this place." The Everian Man said, chuckling.

"It's... quite alright. I'm used to it." Jeanne muttered, breathing out as she gripped her right arm. "The... Cathedral we lodge in is quite similar to this place."

Siglos was…visibly more nervous now, the Everian stumbling through the halls as he gripped Sylvia’s hand.

“L-long h-hallways a-also p-provide r-room for…guests. M-many n-nobles seek a-an…audience, w-with his majesty.” Siglos said quietly. Unlike earlier, he was unable to fully appreciate Cornelius’s craftsmanship, his brain slowly shifting towards their inevitable meeting with the King.

“…It…it will be fine…he’s…he’s never seen me. He has…no…no reason to bring up my father…” Siglos thought to himself. He took slow, steady breaths, inwardly refusing to have a panic attack in such a place.

"All very valid observations." The Everian man said, "You've all got quite the heads on your shoulders... Anyway, follow me to the throne room, it's just up ahead! Luckily for you, the King has no audience today, so, you should have nobody in your way!"

Erebus watched the whole situation come by, though he didn't bother go in with the Everian as he has no business with all of them. He was simply here to observe, nothing more. As much as he wanted to talk, he doubts it would bring any sort of sense, given the group know so little about him and so does he.

Not much was going on in his mind, it was just... memories of a distant and melancholic past he has, a past that... he'd rather not share with anyone undeserving. He wasn't putting all of his mind into it, no... his mind was on something else entirely... Something about his training and the castle that they are in.

"Haven't been into a place like this.." he muttered, his metallic arms crossed as he peers over to Sylvia and Siglos, slowing turning his head towards the others.

(Baba booey.)
image.png

The group soon approached the throne room after several minutes of walking, standing in front of a large, ornamental door. "He should be in here." The Everian man said, "Feel free to enter!"

"O-Oh... Alright." Jeanne muttered, moving to open the door.

Back