• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Cain tried to find the words for a few moments, before finally speaking up.

"Y-You are... a self-centered... piece of... ilk! And you don't care about how you effect... anybody around you! And Sylvia is... so, so much more than you deserve...! She's amazing... and you... d-do nothing t-to repay her!" Cain exclaimed.

The words hit Siglos like a brick, the Everian visibly flinching as he heard Cain's broken speech. He said nothing for several moments, trembling slightly against the wall.

"...P-please...t-tell...t-tell m-me...w-what y-you...m-mean, C-Cain." Siglos muttered. He slowly pushed himself off the wall, looking up at her.

"...I-is...is...S-Slyvia...u-unhappy w-with m-me....?" Siglos said quietly, his voice trembling.

Cain remained silent for a few moments once again, before picking up her speech.

"Has Sylvia talked to you about how she's been feeling lately...? Have... have you asked her...?" Cain asked.
Siglos froze, his body growing rigid as Cain's words washed over him.

"...N-no..." Siglos whispered, his voice barely audible.

"...S-she's...a-always...s-so...k-kind...a-and...c-comforting. I...I..." Siglos trailed off, shame slowly spreading across his face.

Siglos froze, his body growing rigid as Cain's words washed over him.

"...N-no..." Siglos whispered, his voice barely audible.

"...S-she's...a-always...s-so...k-kind...a-and...c-comforting. I...I..." Siglos trailed off, shame slowly spreading across his face.
"E-Exa- E-Exactly...!!!" Cain exclaimed, her voice growing louder for that short instant before quelling itself.

"Y-You've o-only been focused on yourself... And you haven't even taken a second to even ask about Sylvia, have you...!?"

"E-Exa- E-Exactly...!!!" Cain exclaimed, her voice growing louder for that short instant before quelling itself.

"Y-You've o-only been focused on yourself... And you haven't even taken a second to even ask about Sylvia, have you...!?"
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding. Cain's words echoed in his ears, shame overwhelming his body as realization dawned on him.

"...Y-your....r-right C-Cain. I...I haven't." Siglos said quietly. He gritted his teeth, his hands clenching slightly.

"....."

"...I-is...i-is she s-suffering...?" Siglos said quietly, his voice cracking audibly.

"What the hell do you think, Siglos...?" Cain heaved out, "Sh-She is... suffering... because you haven't even taken a moment to consider... how your reliance on her stresses her out... A-And hurts her... You are... you leach off of her kindness, like a parasite!"

"What the hell do you think, Siglos...?" Cain heaved out, "Sh-She is... suffering... because you haven't even taken a moment to consider... how your reliance on her stresses her out... A-And hurts her... You are... you leach off of her kindness, like a parasite!"
Siglos went silent, the Everian at a loss for words. He knew he relied on Sylvia, morso than any other person in the party. After every breakdown, she would comfort him, would smile at him, would calm him down and shower him with love. He had taken that for granted; he knew that. Cain's words rang true in his mind, as much as he hated to admit it.

"...." Siglos choked back a quiet sob, covering his eyes for a few, long moments.

“…she’s suffering…” he thought. The words echoed in his mind, tearing into his psyche like a dagger.

“…she’s suffering…because of…me” He thought. Images swam in his mind: her smile, her gentle voice, her soft, comforting touch against his arm.

“…did she…force herself to smile? Force herself to…to stay calm…as I broke down…” He thought. Siglos choked back another sob suddenly, tears trialing down his face.

"...I...a-am...a...p-parasite..." Siglos muttered quietly, his voice cracking with despair and shame.

Last edited:
Erebus leaves and goes for a walk after the stroll after the supposed ruckus.

He eventually saw Saffi walking by, and given his stature despite his dark clothes, one could easily see a pitch-black silhouette wandering around.
(Welp, I missed the brunt of the conflict so I won't worry about that)

It was rather relaxing to Saffi, even when she wasn't able to avoid the sounds of citizens' conversations, it was still just so nice to not have to fight anything and to be somewhere new. After a bit, she looked behind her, seeing the silhouette herself.

"...I suppose knowing our introductions I would probably find you walking, wouldn't I?...What's your name?"

Siglos went silent, the Everian at a loss for words. He knew he relied on Sylvia, morso than any other person in the party. After every breakdown, she would comfort him, would smile at him, would calm him down and shower him with love. He had taken that for granted; he knew that. Cain's words rang true in his mind, as much as he hated to admit it.

"...." Siglos choked back a quiet sob, covering his eyes for a few, long moments.

“…she’s suffering…” he thought. The words echoed in his mind, tearing into his psyche like a dagger.

“…she’s suffering…because of…me” He thought. Images swam in his mind: her smile, her gentle voice, her soft, comforting touch against his arm.

“…did she…force herself to smile? Force herself to…to stay calm…as I broke down…” He thought. Siglos choked back another sob suddenly, tears trialing down his face.

"...I...a-am...a...p-parasite..." Siglos muttered quietly, his voice cracking with despair and shame.
"Y-Yeah... That's exactly what you are... A filthy, self-centered parasite..." Cain muttered.

"You don't even know anything about Sylvia, do you...? Nothing about... her life. And what she has to go through on a daily basis... What she thinks of herself, how she... how much she hates herself... and how much she ignores it because of you... And you don't know about any of that, right? Because you don't ask. You don't ask her about anything... Because you don't care. You don't care about anyone else's suffering but your own, and you only ever focus on a single side of her..."

Cain walked up to Siglos, roughly pressing her finger up against his chest.

"You should be ******* ashamed of yourself because of how little you do for her... And how little you do for anybody. You should've just stayed at the church..."

"Y-Yeah... That's exactly what you are... A filthy, self-centered parasite..." Cain muttered.

"You don't even know anything about Sylvia, do you...? Nothing about... her life. And what she has to go through on a daily basis... What she thinks of herself, how she... how much she hates herself... and how much she ignores it because of you... And you don't know about any of that, right? Because you don't ask. You don't ask her about anything... Because you don't care. You don't care about anyone else's suffering but your own, and you only ever focus on a single side of her..."

Cain walked up to Siglos, roughly pressing her finger up against his chest.

"You should be ******* ashamed of yourself because of how little you do for her... And how little you do for anybody. You should've just stayed at the church..."
Siglos said nothing for a long time, sobbing quietly as he pressed himself against the wall, recoiling at Cain's touch.

"...T-this....t-this w-was..." Siglos muttered. His voice was hollow, his body trembling violently.

"...T-this...w-was a...m-mistake. I...I...I s-shouldn't...s-shouldn't h-have c-come here. I...I...s-shouldn't have...s-shouldn't have..." Siglos trailed off, his voice cracking audibly.

"...S-shouldn't...s-shouldn't h-have...d-done t-this...t-to her..." He muttered.

Siglos said nothing for a long time, sobbing quietly as he pressed himself against the wall, recoiling at Cain's touch.

"...T-this....t-this w-was..." Siglos muttered. His voice was hollow, his body trembling violently.

"...T-this...w-was a...m-mistake. I...I...I s-shouldn't...s-shouldn't h-have c-come here. I...I...s-shouldn't have...s-shouldn't have..." Siglos trailed off, his voice cracking audibly.

"...S-shouldn't...s-shouldn't h-have...d-done t-this...t-to her..." He muttered.
"Stop ******* crying about it and do something about it... Actually make an effort for Sylvia. Actually... Actually start thinking about anybody besides yourself, and stop living in you're ******* bubble like a little rat! Actually act like you love her instead of just dragging her down into you're bullshit..." Cain grumbled.

(Welp, I missed the brunt of the conflict so I won't worry about that)

It was rather relaxing to Saffi, even when she wasn't able to avoid the sounds of citizens' conversations, it was still just so nice to not have to fight anything and to be somewhere new. After a bit, she looked behind her, seeing the silhouette herself.

"...I suppose knowing our introductions I would probably find you walking, wouldn't I?...What's your name?"
"Erebus" he replied calmly, "What about you?"

Siglos stared at the floor, saying nothing for a few moments. Gingerly, he wiped his arm across his face, sniffling quietly.

".....A-alright...." Siglos said quietly. Numbly, he stepped off the bed, his legs trembling softly. With slow, unsteady motions, he tried to walk past Cain, moving towards the door.
"Where the hell are you going...?" Cain asked, glancing back towards Siglos as he walked.

(Welcome once again to terrible ways to interact with someone dealing with Nostophobia(fear of home))
(Cain painting SIglos as pretty much nothing but a parasite is pretty toxic considering what he's going through, yeah. But her approach makes sense for her character and her relationship with Sylvia, lol.)

"Where the hell are you going...?" Cain asked, glancing back towards Siglos as he walked.
Siglos didn't look back, his small body trembling violently as he continued to take slow, uneven steps toward the door.

"...I-I'm...." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated, taking a quiet, shaky breath.

"...I-I'm...g-going t-to s-see h-her...C-Cain." He said.

Siglos didn't look back, his small body trembling violently as he continued to take slow, uneven steps toward the door.

"...I-I'm...." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated, taking a quiet, shaky breath.

"...I-I'm...g-going t-to s-see h-her...C-Cain." He said.
"And what exactly do you plan to do when you do see her...?" Cain then asked.

Cain sighed, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

"And how exactly do you plan to do that, Siglos...? What exactly do you know about Sylvia?"
Siglos looked at the ground, taking a breath. He thought for a long while, before slowly opening his mouth.

"...I...I k-know...I k-know s-she's...afraid...o-of h-herself. O-of...o-of her s-strength. O-of...t-the...t-the thought...o-of hurting me...I..I...k-know...s-she's...s-self-c-conscious a-about h-her...h-her body. T-that...t-that s-she thinks s-she...i-isn't n-normal." Siglos said quietly.

"...S-she...s-she...t-told m-me t-this...l-last n-night...i-if...i-if I...I" Siglos trailed off, trembling softly.

"...I-if...i-if I...I c-can...c-comfort h-her. E-ease...e-ease h-her b-burden...e-even...e-even a b-bit..." Siglos said quietly.

"...M-maybe...m-maybe...I...I...c-can..." Siglos trailed off again, taking a small trembling breath.

"...M-maybe...I...I c-can...m-make....m-make h-her...happy..." Siglos muttered. His words were soft, nearly inaudible...yet the desperation behind them was clear.

Siglos looked at the ground, taking a breath. He thought for a long while, before slowly opening his mouth.

"...I...I k-know...I k-know s-she's...afraid...o-of h-herself. O-of...o-of her s-strength. O-of...t-the...t-the thought...o-of hurting me...I..I...k-know...s-she's...s-self-c-conscious a-about h-her...h-her body. T-that...t-that s-she thinks s-she...i-isn't n-normal." Siglos said quietly.

"...S-she...s-she...t-told m-me t-this...l-last n-night...i-if...i-if I...I" Siglos trailed off, trembling softly.

"...I-if...i-if I...I c-can...c-comfort h-her. E-ease...e-ease h-her b-burden...e-even...e-even a b-bit..." Siglos said quietly.

"...M-maybe...m-maybe...I...I...c-can..." Siglos trailed off again, taking a small trembling breath.

"...M-maybe...I...I c-can...m-make....m-make h-her...happy..." Siglos muttered. His words were soft, nearly inaudible...yet the desperation behind them was clear.
Cain breathed out, "Haaaaaaaaa... Siglos, come sit down. You don't actually know how this works..." She ordered, pointing to the bed and beckoning him to sit back down. Her tone lacked a large portion of the hostility she previously displayed, at least for now.

Siglos flinched visibly. He glanced back at the door for a moment, staring at the entrance, before turning away. With slow, uneven steps, he went back to the bed, gingerly sitting in front of Cain.

"...I-I...I...I w-want...t-to...h-help...her..." Siglos said quietly.
"Good. At least your actually thinking about someone other than yourself..." Cain muttered, moving to sit next to Siglos.

"But you don't actually know how to do that. You've probably never been in a situation where you let someone rely on you, instead of just relying on them, I assume..." She said.

"Good. At least your actually thinking about someone other than yourself..." Cain muttered, moving to sit next to Siglos.

"But you don't actually know how to do that. You've probably never been in a situation where you let someone rely on you, instead of just relying on them, I assume..." She said.
Siglos looked down at the bed, his arms trembling softly. Slowly...he nodded, though he didn't meet Cain's gaze.

"...C-can...y-you...h-help...m-me?" Siglos said quietly.

"I can... But you need to actually grow a pair and commit to making an effort." Cain muttered.
Siglos’s slowly nodded. He forced himself to look up at Cain, staring into her eyes.

“I-I’ll…I’ll d-do a-anything C-Cain.” Siglos said quietly. Desperation hung from his words, his gaze pleading silently to her.

“…I-I w-want…t-to b-be the….m-mate she deserves…”

Siglos’s slowly nodded. He forced himself to look up at Cain, staring into her eyes.

“I-I’ll…I’ll d-do a-anything C-Cain.” Siglos said quietly. Desperation hung from his words, his gaze pleading silently to her.

“…I-I w-want…t-to b-be the….m-mate she deserves…”
Cain crossed her arms.

"First off... You need to start moving on you're own. As in, walking on you're own, side by side, with Sylvia, instead of wallowing in that ******* carriage all the time. Show her that you want to be close to her... Hug against her leg, or hold her hand, or whatever... Just show that you want to be close to her, and act like you mean it. Be loving towards her, affectionate. Got it?"

Siglos froze for a moment, visibly hesitating. He closed his eyes, taking a soft breath.

“I…I-I c-can d-do that…” Siglos said quietly, nodding quickly.
"No, you can't." Cain said immediately, leaning closer to him. "Because you're still afraid. Afraid of this city, and afraid of whoever the hell is in it, aren't you?"

"No, you can't." Cain said immediately, leaning closer to him. "Because you're still afraid. Afraid of this city, and afraid of whoever the hell is in it, aren't you?"
Siglos flinched, recoiling as Cain leaned forward. He scooted back a few inches, his body trembling softly on the mattress.

“S…she’s m-more…m-more I-important. M-more I-important t-than…t-than…h-him” Siglos said quietly. His face grew pale, the trembling in his body only increasing.

Siglos flinched, recoiling as Cain leaned forward. He scooted back a few inches, his body trembling softly on the mattress.

“S…she’s m-more…m-more I-important. M-more I-important t-than…t-than…h-him” Siglos said quietly. His face grew pale, the trembling in his body only increasing.
Cain sighed, before scooting back once again.

"You're going about that the wrong way, Siglos. You're just trying to ignore your fear instead of facing it, and that only makes it harder to deal with in the future. You shouldn't think of Sylvia as more important just to ignore your fear... Think of being with Sylvia as a way to face the fear. As a way to get comfortable, and to realize you don't have nothing to fear, Siglos. Moving on you're own helps with that. Use her as a cruch while supporting her at the same time. A... sy... symbio...? Sym... Symbiotic! A symbiotic relationship is what its called." Cain explained after she remembered how to pronounce the word Symbiotic.

Cain sighed, before scooting back once again.

"You're going about that the wrong way, Siglos. You're just trying to ignore your fear instead of facing it, and that only makes it harder to deal with in the future. You shouldn't think of Sylvia as more important just to ignore your fear... Think of being with Sylvia as a way to face the fear. As a way to get comfortable, and to realize you don't have nothing to fear, Siglos. Moving on you're own helps with that. Use her as a cruch while supporting her at the same time. A... sy... symbio...? Sym... Symbiotic! A symbiotic relationship is what its called." Cain explained after she remembered how to pronounce the word Symbiotic.
Siglos stared at Cain blankly for a moment, his body still trembling softly. He remembered how Sylvia had comforted him, how she had pushed him to finally leave the carriage. The feeling he felt when he finally walked into the road, the strange joy he felt over finally overcoming even such a minor part of his fear.

"...." Siglos said nothing for a moment. Before slowly looking up at her again.

"...D-do...d-do...y-you...t-think...w-we c-can d-do t-that...C-Cain?"

"...D-do...D-do y-you t-think me a-and S-Sylvia's r-relationship c-can be...symbiotic...?" He said softly. Despite his fear, he leaned forward slightly, staring at Cain intently.

Siglos stared at Cain blankly for a moment, his body still trembling softly. He remembered how Sylvia had comforted him, how she had pushed him to finally leave the carriage. The feeling he felt when he finally walked into the road, the strange joy he felt over finally overcoming even such a minor part of his fear.

"...." Siglos said nothing for a moment. Before slowly looking up at her again.

"...D-do...d-do...y-you...t-think...w-we c-can d-do t-that...C-Cain?"

"...D-do...D-do y-you t-think me a-and S-Sylvia's r-relationship c-can be...symbiotic...?" He said softly. Despite his fear, he leaned forward slightly, staring at Cain intently.
"There should be no reason it can't be." Cain said, "So long as you truly love her... And want her to be happy, that is. Then there should be no reason for you not to at least make the effort... To at least try and take that step forward."

"Chim, I will be honest that didn't go great. We failed to learn a way to help that group, we probably annoyed them more than anything, and we are no closer to the Church." Khedruki says after entering his room.

Chim's voice speaks into his mind. "But you got invested into it how about you give me my cards and we try to just socialize with some of them tomorrow."

Khedruki sighs before placing a deck of cards on the floor and then goes to his bed for the night.

Back