• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"There should be no reason it can't be." Cain said, "So long as you truly love her... And want her to be happy, that is. Then there should be no reason for you not to at least make the effort... To at least try and take that step forward."
Siglos gingerly nodded. Slowly, he breathed out, a soft, a steady stream of air escaping his lips.

"...I'd...I'd l-like that." Siglos said quietly. He went quiet for a moment, before slowly beginning to speak.

"...T-thank y-you, Cain." Siglos said quietly.

Siglos gingerly nodded. Slowly, he breathed out, a soft, a steady stream of air escaping his lips.

"...I'd...I'd l-like that." Siglos said quietly. He went quiet for a moment, before slowly beginning to speak.

"...T-thank y-you, Cain." Siglos said quietly.
"Don't thank me. Go out there and talk to her. Be with her, be close to her, be a good mate." Cain said, "Got it? Don't ever make it so that we have to have this talk again, Siglos."

Siglos watched Cain leave, an idea slowly forming in his mind. Gingerly, Siglos made his way out of his room, quietly moving through the dark hallway. Instead of going directly to Sylvia, he went to where he assumed the kitchen would be, glancing around to determine if any of the chefs were still awake.

“…hello?” Siglos said quietly.

Siglos watched Cain leave, an idea slowly forming in his mind. Gingerly, Siglos made his way out of his room, quietly moving through the dark hallway. Instead of going directly to Sylvia, he went to where he assumed the kitchen would be, glancing around to determine if any of the chefs were still awake.

“…hello?” Siglos said quietly.
There didn't seem to be anybody working in the kitchen yet, except...

"Alright, looks like prep is done..."

It was the receptionist from before working in the kitchen, seemingly alone, prepping ingredients herself. Lines upon lines of various vegetables and aged meats were set in alphabetical order, and it was clear that she was extremely meticulous in organizing and properly storing the ingredients. Particles of blue mana were scattered around the ingredients, clearly magic meant to keep the ingredients from rotting.

Siglos’s eyes widened, watching as the receptionist worked within the kitchen. Not wanting to startle her, he waited by the entrance for a few moments, before gently knocking on the kitchen door, signaling his approach.
"Um, are you going to come in, sir...?" The woman asked, not turning away from her work. It seemed she'd long since heard his approach, the twitching of her ears making this evident.

"Um, are you going to come in, sir...?" The woman asked, not turning away from her work. It seemed she'd long since heard his approach, the twitching of her ears making this evident.
“O-oh! U-uh…y-yeah!” He said. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly stepping inside. He gave her a quick bow, her ears twitching anxiously.

“A-am I-I…I-interrupting s-something?” He asked softly.

“O-oh! U-uh…y-yeah!” He said. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly stepping inside. He gave her a quick bow, her ears twitching anxiously.

“A-am I-I…I-interrupting s-something?” He asked softly.
"Well, yes, but it's just meal prep... I need to get room service to the residents somehow, after all." The woman explained as a kitchen knife was telekinetically moved into her hand.

"Well, yes, but it's just meal prep... I need to get room service to the residents somehow, after all." The woman explained as a kitchen knife was telekinetically moved into her hand.
"O-oh! T-that's...t-that's a-actually w-what I...w-wanted t-to...ask about..." Siglos said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

"...C-can I...p-put i-in a...r-request f-for a...s-special m-meal to b-be p-prepared? A...a b-big one." He asked quietly.

The woman's ears twitched as Shalor approached, causing her to back up in slight nervousness as she grunted a bit.

"Ahem, well... You can, but, I'd have to charge you for it, depending on the size of the meal... How big does this meal need to be...?"

The woman's ears twitched as Shalor approached, causing her to back up in slight nervousness as she grunted a bit.

"Ahem, well... You can, but, I'd have to charge you for it, depending on the size of the meal... How big does this meal need to be...?"
Siglos glanced at Shalor, nodding at him politely, before continuing.

"...W-well...i-it's...f-for o-one of m-my f-friends...o-outside. The...l-large Rakshashin woman." Siglos said quietly. He dug into his pouch for a moment, before producing a large sack of coins, some of what he had saved up from his days as a merchant.

"...I-I'll...p-pay a-as...a-as m-much a-as n-needed. I...." Siglos trailed off.

"...I...just w-want to...g-get her s-something...n-nice." He said softly.

Shalor noticed the woman's nervousness and smiled, trying to not intimidate her, but it was there that he began reading the menu, though the fact they likely had to pay made Shalor a little nervous about it seeing as he didn't know precisely how juxh money they had in stock

"I'd say they're... interesting nonetheless. Kinda preferred them to be a little more tamed, but beggars can't be choosers." Erebus replied honestly
"I suppose so...many of them are naturally warriors, and we're a group rather than an army. It takes time for anyone to get used to this kind of environment, especially with the newer members...myself, I aspire to be a teacher rather than a ccombatant...what is your aspiration, Erebus?"

A small blush crept onto Siglos's face, the man slowly nodding.

"...Y-yeah...t-the o-one w-wearing t-the s-sweater..." Siglos muttered.

"...S-she...u-uh...c-can't f-fit i-inside. S-so...I...w-want to...b-bring a m-meal o-out to her..." He said softly.
"W-Well... she uh... what exactly is your relationship with her...? She's uh... q-quite frightening, and v-very m-muscular... D-Do you know her?" The woman asked, clearly not having a... particularly good impression of the Rakshashin, especially one of Sylvia's stature.

"W-Well... she uh... what exactly is your relationship with her...? She's uh... q-quite frightening, and v-very m-muscular... D-Do you know her?" The woman asked, clearly not having a... particularly good impression of the Rakshashin, especially one of Sylvia's stature.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before flashing her a soft, shaky smile.

".W-well...I'm...h-her...mate." Siglos said quietly.

"...S-she's u-uh...r-really n-not t-that s-scary i-if y-you...g-get to k-know her..." He added quickly.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, before flashing her a soft, shaky smile.

".W-well...I'm...h-her...mate." Siglos said quietly.

"...S-she's u-uh...r-really n-not t-that s-scary i-if y-you...g-get to k-know her..." He added quickly.
"M-Mate...?" The woman asked, a look of worry plastered across her expression.

"I-Is your back alright...? C-Can you walk correctly...??"

"M-Mate...?" The woman asked, a look of worry plastered across her expression.

"I-Is your back alright...? C-Can you walk correctly...??"
Siglos's cheeks turned a deep crimson, his eyes widening in a mixture of surprise and embarrassment.

"Oh!...I...I...u-uh..." Siglos said, clearly flustered.

"...K-keep...s-some...h-healing p-potions w-with m-me. I-I'm...a-alright..."

"O-Oh- U-Um, a-alright, s-sorry to pry into your uh... personal affairs..." The woman said, before grunting once more. "Wh-What would you like prepared for her, specifically...?"
"I-it's...a-alright....t-thank y-you f-for...n-not reacting t-too..harshly..." Siglos said, flashing her a shaky smile. He remembered when he asked Sylvia about food once, vaguely recalling that she found fancy food intriguing.

"...C-can I-I...g-get y-your...finest m-meat d-dish? O-or...u-uh...t-the...b-best o-one I...c-can afford..." Siglos said quietly. He gingerly placed his sack of coins on the counter, letting her appraise it if she wished.

"I-it's...a-alright....t-thank y-you f-for...n-not reacting t-too..harshly..." Siglos said, flashing her a shaky smile. He remembered when he asked Sylvia about food once, vaguely recalling that she found fancy food intriguing.

"...C-can I-I...g-get y-your...finest m-meat d-dish? O-or...u-uh...t-the...b-best o-one I...c-can afford..." Siglos said quietly. He gingerly placed his sack of coins on the counter, letting her appraise it if she wished.
"And... how big should this dish be?" She then asked.

"And... how big should this dish be?" She then asked.
Siglos hesitated trying to figure out how big he should make it.

"...Three t-times a-as...b-big a-as...t-the n-normal s-serving. I-if...t-that's a-alright..." Siglos said quietly. He figured if Sylvia didn't finish it, they could share it together, the Everian still not fully sated after Cain stole his food.

Siglos hesitated trying to figure out how big he should make it.

"...Three t-times a-as...b-big a-as...t-the n-normal s-serving. I-if...t-that's a-alright..." Siglos said quietly. He figured if Sylvia didn't finish it, they could share it together, the Everian still not fully sated after Cain stole his food.
"W-Well..." The woman thought for a moment, rubbing her chin.

"H-How about... Roasted... Boar meat with uh... bacon soaked in other animal fats wrapped around it...? With some... sautee'd mushrooms on the side? I-If sh-she doesn't like v-veggies I could uh... use some other form of animal protein as a side..." She muttered.

"W-Well..." The woman thought for a moment, rubbing her chin.

"H-How about... Roasted... Boar meat with uh... bacon soaked in other animal fats wrapped around it...? With some... sautee'd mushrooms on the side? I-If sh-she doesn't like v-veggies I could uh... use some other form of animal protein as a side..." She muttered.
“T-that…t-that sounds w-wonderful!” Siglos said excitedly, a wide, genuine smile forming on his face.

“…I…I-I’m n-not s-sure I-if s-she…l-likes vegetables…b-but…I can a-always e-eat t-them I-if s-she d-doesn’t…” Siglos added.

"I suppose so...many of them are naturally warriors, and we're a group rather than an army. It takes time for anyone to get used to this kind of environment, especially with the newer members...myself, I aspire to be a teacher rather than a ccombatant...what is your aspiration, Erebus?"
"My... aspiration?" Erebus repeated quietly. This was a question that has plagued his mind not too long ago. Back way then... back, from when he was with them. It took a while for him to give his answer, "I'm...... still finding it" he said, though the hound-shaped helmet was covering his face, melancholy is present deep within his tone of voice.: tired, drained, and sorrowful. He knows she may not care, he is a newcomer here, but it's not like he has no choice but to tell her that....

Last edited:
“T-that…t-that sounds w-wonderful!” Siglos said excitedly, a wide, genuine smile forming on his face.

“…I…I-I’m n-not s-sure I-if s-she…l-likes vegetables…b-but…I can a-always e-eat t-them I-if s-she d-doesn’t…” Siglos added.
"W-Well, alright... The amount you've g-given me should cover it, but... three times the average serving would take a very long time..." The woman muttered.

"W-Well, alright... The amount you've g-given me should cover it, but... three times the average serving would take a very long time..." The woman muttered.
Siglos hesitated, his smile fading slightly.

“I…I g-guess…t-that…u-understandable.” Siglos said quietly.

“…D-do…d-do y-you k-know h-how long? F-for the…p-preparation…I…I m-mean….” He asked.

Siglos hesitated, his smile fading slightly.

“I…I g-guess…t-that…u-understandable.” Siglos said quietly.

“…D-do…d-do y-you k-know h-how long? F-for the…p-preparation…I…I m-mean….” He asked.
"I mean... I have everything prepped, but... normally my uh... roasted boar is the size of... well... you. Three times that and uh... I'd have to use a very big boar, heh..." The woman said with an awkward chuckle.

"I mean... I have everything prepped, but... normally my uh... roasted boar is the size of... well... you. Three times that and uh... I'd have to use a very big boar, heh..." The woman said with an awkward chuckle.
Siglos blinked.

“O-Oh! I-I…d-didn’t r-realize the b-boars w-were so…l-large.” Siglos said. He chuckled nervously, flashing her an apologetic smile.

“I-I I’m s-sure o-one w-would b-be enough, t-then.”

Siglos blinked.

“O-Oh! I-I…d-didn’t r-realize the b-boars w-were so…l-large.” Siglos said. He chuckled nervously, flashing her an apologetic smile.

“I-I I’m s-sure o-one w-would b-be enough, t-then.”
"W-Well, the f-forest surrounding Aegis has um... m-many wild beasts and magical creatures... They are v-very large, and uh... M-Many of them are h-hunted and eaten by the uh... local populace. Y-You may not have s-seen th-them though... since your... g-girlfriend may have scared them off..." She said with a chuckle.

"W-Well, the f-forest surrounding Aegis has um... m-many wild beasts and magical creatures... They are v-very large, and uh... M-Many of them are h-hunted and eaten by the uh... local populace. Y-You may not have s-seen th-them though... since your... g-girlfriend may have scared them off..." She said with a chuckle.
"...I...I've...h-heard o-of t-them. b-but I...h-haven't s-seen m-many i-in p-person." Siglos said softly.

"B-between t-the Vaewolf a-and o-our...larger p-party m-members...I c-can understand if t-they w-were too...intimated t-to s-show t-themselves..." He said, chuckling softly.

"...I...I've...h-heard o-of t-them. b-but I...h-haven't s-seen m-many i-in p-person." Siglos said softly.

"B-between t-the Vaewolf a-and o-our...larger p-party m-members...I c-can understand if t-they w-were too...intimated t-to s-show t-themselves..." He said, chuckling softly.
"S-Speaking of the V-Vaewolf, c-could you a-ask him t-to... not g-glare at me... and b-be so mean...? I-It m-makes it h-harder for me t-to work wh-when the c-customers... a-are... u-uncooperative, and I-I w-work a-alone, s-so..." The woman squirmed a bit, before just shaking her head.

"S-Speaking of the V-Vaewolf, c-could you a-ask him t-to... not g-glare at me... and b-be so mean...? I-It m-makes it h-harder for me t-to work wh-when the c-customers... a-are... u-uncooperative, and I-I w-work a-alone, s-so..." The woman squirmed a bit, before just shaking her head.
Siglos hesitated.

"...I...I'm a b-bit...-uh...i-intimidated b-by h-him m-myself..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I c-could a-ask...someone to...talk t-to him...b-but...I...d-don't...t-think h-he'll l-listen to...anyone here..." He muttered.

Back