• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos hesitated.

"...I...I'm a b-bit...-uh...i-intimidated b-by h-him m-myself..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...I c-could a-ask...someone to...talk t-to him...b-but...I...d-don't...t-think h-he'll l-listen to...anyone here..." He muttered.
"W-Well, I'm not g-going to force you to talk... I was just uh... making a suggestion, yeah... P-Pay no mind to me, sorry..." The woman muttered, "I should... probably get started on your m-meal... I'll h-have it ready by sunrise..."

"...I-I'll k-keep t-that in m-mind. T-thank...t-thank y-you so m-much f-for...c-cooking t-this on s-such...short n-notice." He said quietly. He bowed at the woman, flashing her a soft, shaky smile.
"I-It's fine... Um... May I know your name? A-And the name of your uh... mate. So I can know who to call when it's ready." The woman asked.

Siglos cocked his head slightly, before flashing her another soft smile.

“It w-was a p-pleasure meeting y-you, Alexia.” Siglos said.

“I-I don’t w-want to take a-anymore of y-your time b-but…t-thank you…a-again f-for this.” He said softly. He bowed to the woman, before gingerly beginning to step out of the kitchen, preparing to leave.

Dhei stomach would start growling after some time, so he took his shirt to put it on back and got out of his room to his way to the kitchen, arriving there in a few moments
Siglos glanced wearily at Dhei, hesitating for a moment. Slowly he took a breath, leaning a bit closer to the Vaewolf.

“P-please…t-treat h-her k-kindly….” Siglos whispered. He immediately exited the kitchen after the fact, hurrying away.

Siglos glanced wearily at Dhei, hesitating for a moment. Slowly he took a breath, leaning a bit closer to the Vaewolf.

“P-please…t-treat h-her k-kindly….” Siglos whispered. He immediately exited the kitchen after the fact, hurrying away.
Dhei would give him a sharp glare when he got closer and told him that, his eyes following him as he went off, even turning his head slightly at him too when Siglos left, not uttering a word
Alexia breathed out, nodding, before turning to Shalor and Dhei, her ears continuing to twitch.

"How can I h-help you two...?" She asked.
He was still silent, only turning that glare at her now and moving his head slowly to its normal position

"Could you stop that?" Shalor said when he noticed the glare
"Mind your damn business...."

Replies to Shalor as he moved further in the kitchen, picking up a dish and handing it to Alexia in front of her
"...I-If you two have nothing to order, can you please leave...? I have lots of work to do, and not a lot of time..." Alexia murmured.
"Meat....all sorts....and move it..."

Tells her straight up

"Mind your damn business...."

Replies to Shalor as he moved further in the kitchen, picking up a dish and handing it to Alexia in front of her

"Meat....all sorts....and move it..."

Tells her straight up
"Maybe don't be a jerk..." Shalor said, before moving to step in-between Alexia and Dhei "Can I have this?" Shalor asked, turning his menu and pointing to a dish that was like a omelette, made of eggs, ham, and hashbrowns

"Sir, 'all sorts of meat' isn't very specific... This is an inn, not a magic food generator..." Alexia murmured.
"It means all the sorts you got in the kitchen have to make it on this"

Points to the dish
"Maybe don't be a jerk..." Shalor said, before moving to step in-between Alexia and Dhei "Can I have this?" Shalor asked, turning his menu and pointing to a dish that was like a omelette, made of eggs, ham, and hashbrowns
"Live in my shoes before you talking"

Says as he goes in front of the girl again to get what he came for

"And, normally, if you were in some sort of magic food generator, I'd be able to make that, but your not the only resident in the inn... I... I can't give you all the meat, sir." Alexia said, sighing.
"I didnt imply literally all of it....just enough to fill mine...moron..."
Shalor unconsciously stopped Dhei from going in front of Alexia with one arm, he was clearly not very enthused with Dhei being a dick here
"If you dont want things to escalate for the worse...mind your own...."

Warns Shalor as he kept getting in between

He stares at her in the eyes for quite a bit, one could tell he was irritated by the looks he was having

Dhei would place the dish on a nearby table and leaves the kitchen, but not before he says

"Hope your business goes into bankrupcy"

Returning to his room, he violently closes the door and just leans on the bed resuming his activity from well before exiting

Siglos, who had begun walking towards the entrance of the inn, flinched as he heard the door slam.

“…I guess he left….” Siglos thought to himself. Hesitating for a moment, he quickly scampered back towards the kitchen, wanting to quickly check on the innkeeper to make sure she wasn't…mauled. The Everian poked his head inside, looking around anxiously.

“…A-are y-you…a-alright…Alexia?” He said quietly.

"Y-You d-don't need to h-help... It's fine..." Alexia murmured to Shalor, "P-Please go back to your room..."
Siglos, who had begun walking towards the entrance of the inn, flinched as he heard the door slam.

“…I guess he left….” Siglos thought to himself. Hesitating for a moment, he quickly scampered back towards the kitchen, wanting to quickly check on the innkeeper to make sure she wasn't…mauled. The Everian poked his head inside, looking around anxiously.

“…A-are y-you…a-alright…Alexia?” He said quietly.
"I-I'm fine..." Alexia muttered, flinching as Siglos entered.

"I-I'm fine..." Alexia muttered, flinching as Siglos entered.
Siglos glanced at Alexia for a moment before slowly nodding, his ears twitching anxiously.

“A-alright. S-sorry a-again f-for…a-all this. W-we w-will…m-make sure y-you are…well compensated.” He said quietly. Slowly, he moved away from the door, not wanting to take up anymore of her time.

Alexia said nothing, simply breathing out. Slowly, she moved to the back of the kitchen where most of the larger meat was stored, wrapping large amounts of mana around an enormous boar that had its tusks and its fur and skin removed. She gulped, before telekinetically moving to the boar, beginning work on Siglos's order.

"My... aspiration?" Erebus repeated quietly. This was a question that has plagued his mind not too long ago. Back way then... back, from when he was with them. It took a while for him to give his answer, "I'm...... still finding it" he said, though the hound-shaped helmet was covering his face, melancholy is present deep within his tone of voice.: tired, drained, and sorrowful. He knows she may not care, he is a newcomer here, but it's not like he has no choice but to tell her that....
"Well, there's no harm in that. It's definitely better to find what you want in life later, rather than to choose earlier and regret your choice. That is something to consider with the group as well...not all of them have become the people that they'll be for the rest of their lives. For example, the Rakshashin of our group may become less aggressive. The young Everian, Siglos, may end up becoming more confident. But it doesn't change the fact that we have to deal with them now, whether we like them or not."

"Well, there's no harm in that. It's definitely better to find what you want in life later, rather than to choose earlier and regret your choice. That is something to consider with the group as well...not all of them have become the people that they'll be for the rest of their lives. For example, the Rakshashin of our group may become less aggressive. The young Everian, Siglos, may end up becoming more confident. But it doesn't change the fact that we have to deal with them now, whether we like them or not."
Erebus looks up in the sky, "You're right." he said calmly, "Those words... it reminded me of him" he said, reminiscing the time he had. No, he once used to have.

Alexia said nothing, simply breathing out. Slowly, she moved to the back of the kitchen where most of the larger meat was stored, wrapping large amounts of mana around an enormous boar that had its tusks and its fur and skin removed. She gulped, before telekinetically moving to the boar, beginning work on Siglos's order.
Alexia snapped her fingers, crimson mana beginning to coagulate around the boar. A blaze was lit around it at around 10,000 Kelvin, the heat being contained by a thick mana barrier which served to thoroughly roast the boar. The common Aegian Boar was extremely resistant to heat upwards of 5000 Kelvin, so, usually around double that was needed to properly roast it and have it not turn out undercooked.

While the boar was roasting within the mana barrier, Alexia handled various other tasks. Dozens of other kitchen knives, as well as other tools, were telekinetically levitated through Alexia's mana, beginning to slice and dice through a large mushroom she'd previously gathered from the forest surrounding Aegis. The mushrooms pieces were dropped into a pan and cooked at about 420 degrees, with Alexia working to cook out all the juices and brown the mushrooms properly.

After about 20 minutes, a weird... red liquid had been cooked out of the mushrooms, filling the pan. "Alright..."

These mushrooms, obviously, weren't ordinary mushrooms. They were an incredibly volatile Aegian mushroom that was typically unable to be distributed by local retailers without proper licensing, as if cooked or handled unproperly, the red liquid within them would ignite and explode. The explosions generated from these mushrooms could generate levels of heat up to 100,000 degrees, but if cooked and handled properly, the juices could be used to create a perfect marinade for meat dishes, the liquid providing a nice mixture of meaty and tangy that was always a hit with the locals.

While she was personally handling the mushroom juice, Alexia telekinetically pulled out several hundred long strips of bacon, which would be wrapped around the boar once it had been properly roasted. The heat from the boar once the heat died down would serve to cook the bacon that had been wrapped around it, so she didn't need to individually cook each strip, which would take far more time. The boar wrapped in bacon would be dropped into her marinade of the mushroom liquid, red wine, and various other spices, which would cause an incredibly potent, thick meat smell to fill the inn.

"S-So far s-so good..."

Back