• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos trembled visibly as the carriage passed through the gates, the Everian sinking into his seat as they entered the city. Inwardly, he screamed, his mind a whirlwind of panic and fear.

“…Run…” a thought entered his mind, urging him to escape.

“…Run…” the thought echoed again, louder this time, the Everian clutching the side of the carriage. It would be all too easy to jump onto the road, and rush through the gates before they closed.

“…Run…” The echoes continued, the words worming their way through his brain. He could meet up with Sylvia after the mission, simply hide until she was finished. After all, he was only being a burden to the group, right?

“…Run…” He could see it in their eyes. They hated him. Hated his weakness. The way Cain glared at him, the way Jeanne was uncomfortable around him, he was a burden, nothing more. It was only a matter of time before they treated him just like his father did. Even Sylvia would tire of him eventually, even she must have her limits.

“…RUN…” the voice screamed, eliciting a quick, soft gasp from Siglos’s throat. The Everian trembled in his seat, glancing around until he located Sylvia walking beside the carriage. He stared at her for a moment, before taking another breath. The smile she wore comforted him, easing the intense rhythm of his heart. Slowly, he extended a small, trembling hand out of the carriage, grasping onto Sylvia’s fingers. He squeezed them for a moment, taking comfort in the warmth of her flesh against his own, before slowly pulling away, taking another small breath.

Jeanne sighed, "I believe the symptoms and my stress are... connected in some way. The... burning only intensifies when I'm not... exactly in the best mood... Akin to right now.."
"When we find a place to stay, I'd like to try something...by entering into your mind and using my extrasensory abilities at the same time, perhaps I could search for any abnormalities."

Siglos flinched, hearing Dhei mutter something he couldn’t quite hear. He glanced at the Vaewolf for a moment, before quickly turning away, taking a small, shaky breath.

"We should find a place to stay for the rest of the night..." She murmured.

“T-that…t-that w-would be…n-n…nice…” he muttered. He curled up tighter on his seat, visibly trembling as they traveled into the city.

As one would expect of Argus, the City was highly advanced, tall buildings stretching into the sky that were laced with artificially manufactured cobblestone and various other bricks that formed beautiful patterns and murals on the walls and floors of the various pathways and twists and turns of the dazzling settlement

Every individual atom, molecule, electron, and quark of the material that laced the pristine streets of the magnificent city was infused with high levels of concentrated mana, to such an extent, that if a human found themselves exposed directly to it, they'd have their bodies melted to a pulp. That energy powered the highly advanced vehicles that traced the streets, the lights, everything was powered by some form of complicated spell or enchantment laced into the material.

Fabulous rainbow-colored street lights lit up the night so that the residents of the city could see within the scarcely moonlit darkness, most of the denizens being, as expected, of mainly Everian descent. They seemed highly suspicious of the group as they walked in, such a combination of races traveling in one group inciting a thick fear in the citizens. They moved to the edges of the streets to make a pathway from the group, parents taking their children away from our heroes in express fear.
"When we find a place to stay, I'd like to try something...by entering into your mind and using my extrasensory abilities at the same time, perhaps I could search for any abnormalities."
"I-I appreciate the offer, Saffi, but, you d-don't have to take your time to do that for me..." Jeanne said humbly, breathing out.

"Yeah... yeah." Shalor said, clearly distracted

Kargath didn't care for the lights, it was a new sight, but he was here for a job, the fact he carried himself like a fighter said a lot about his instincts

Khadgar seemed the most positive, this definitely wasn't what he was directly used to, but it was a welcome sight, even if he did not like how Jeanne was doing, remaining within fifteen feet of her at all times

Siglos closed his eyes, his mana hearing picking up the soft hum of the city's magic, the sound surrounding him in an inescapable cacophony of noise. In another life, such a place would be a paradise for the young enchanter, the magical engineering of even the most basic utilities far surpassing his own skill. In any other world, Siglos would spend years meticulously studying every stray object he could find, hoping to learn anything he could from the craftsman before him.

And yet…Siglos cowered. Any enjoyment he could derive from such a place gone, corrupted by his father’s influence, tainted by his presence. Slowly, the Everian closed his eyes, leaning his body against the carriage.

Eventually, the group was able to reach an inn that would accommodate most of them... The tall one's like Sylvia, Kargath, and Erebus most likely would be unable to fit in the building itself.

"Well... Are you three fine with staying outside?" Jeanne asked

Sylvia didn't say anything, simply shrugging. She doubted Siglos desired to leave the carriage, so, it was more convenient for her either way.

Siglos slowly opened his eyes, glancing at the building, his eyes warily scanning the inn for a few moments. His stomach growled silently, the Everian having neglected to eat since they started their journey, yet...the thought of going into the building without Sylvia gave him a sense of dread that overwhelmed his basic needs.

"...I-I...I'll...s-stay o-outside...t-to..." Siglos said quietly.

(Double post since Reaper Ninjaed me)
"I don't care." Kargath said

Shalor got up for a second before turning back to Siglos "Will you be fine sitting here for a bit?" Shalor asked quietly, knowing three would be out here as well

"...I-Il...I'll b-be...f-fine, S-Shalor. T-thank y-you..." Siglos said quietly. He tried to flash the boy a small, shaky smile, though it failed to hide the fear in his eyes.

"...B-be...b-be...c-careful...i-in t-there..." He muttered.

Siglos slowly opened his eyes, glancing at the building, his eyes warily scanning the inn for a few moments. His stomach growled silently, the Everian having neglected to eat since they started their journey, yet...the thought of going into the building without Sylvia gave him a sense of dread that overwhelmed his basic needs.

"...I-I...I'll...s-stay o-outside...t-to..." Siglos said quietly.
Sylvia glanced down at Siglos, sighing. Hearing the grumbling of Siglos's stomach clearly, she then spoke, "Siglos, honey, you need to eat something. Please, go inside..."

Sylvia glanced down at Siglos, sighing. Hearing the grumbling of Siglos's stomach clearly, she then spoke, "Siglos, honey, you need to eat something. Please, go inside..."
Siglos hesitated, his body trembling softly as he glanced up at Sylvia.

"I… I-I'm… I'm a-alright, h-honey. I-I'll.... I'll e-eat...s-some o-other time" Siglos said quietly. He flashed her a shaky smile, shaking his head.

Siglos hesitated, his body trembling softly as he glanced up at Sylvia.

"I… I-I'm… I'm a-alright, h-honey. I-I'll.... I'll e-eat...s-some o-other time" Siglos said quietly. He flashed her a shaky smile, shaking his head.
"No, you're not, Siglos... I can tell what you're going to do, and none of it involves going into one of these buildings, and actually taking care of yourself." Sylvia said, breathing out.

"You can't forsake you're basic needs like this, Siglos. You're not like a Rakshashin, you need to eat and drink..."

Siglos stared at Sylvia for a moment. The trembling in his body increased, the Everian taking a small, shaky breath. He knew she was right, knew he never planned to leave the carriage.

"...a-alright...h-honey..." Siglos said quietly. He clenched his fists, his heart pounding in his chest as he looked out towards the building. He stared at it for a few moments, before closing his eyes.

"...W-will...w-will...y-you...s-stay...o-out...o-outside t-the...t-the door?" Siglos said quietly. He looked back towards her, his eyes pleading.

Siglos slowly nodded, taking a deep breath.

"A-alright...t-thank y-you...s-so much...m-my l-love..." Siglos said softly. He stared at the ground for a moment, before slowly, gingerly, hanging a single leg off the carriage. The limb trembled violently, the Everian's face growing paler as he looked at the cobblestone below. He took another, almost panicked breath...before placing it onto the road, the familiar sound of his boots against stone reaching his ears. He froze for a moment, before pushing himself forward. He lost his balance suddenly, the Everian practically falling off of the carriage as he collapsed onto the road with a soft thud. He slowly pushed himself onto his hands and knees, taking small, shaky breaths as stared at the ground below.

Siglos slowly brought himself to his feet. His legs trembled visibly, the man bracing himself against the carriage for support. Yet…slowly, he began to move. Taking a few, small steps toward the inn. A strange feeling began to overtake him, the Everian taking a slow, shaky breath. He had never thought he'd have the courage to move through the city...never thought he would ever be able to walk freely, his movements unchained by his father's influence. Fear still radiated through every inch of his body...yet a sense of elation slowly mixed into his mind. He said nothing for a moment, before flashing Jeanne a soft, shaky smile.

“I-I’m….I-I’m…a-alright…” Siglos said quietly. It was a phrase more to himself than anyone else, his quivering legs slowly taking another step forward.

"...I-I'm a-alright..." he repeated quietly.

Jeanne, upon hearing that, instantly turned away from Siglos. Knowing that he was fine, she had no more reason to interact with the man, the incessant agony of the burning in her body, tacked on with her being extremely uncomfortable around him, simply gave her a free excuse to get as far away from him as possible.

Siglos glanced at the girl for a moment, before slowly shaking his head, taking a soft breath.

“…I…I’ll…I-I’ll s-see y-you s-soon…S-Sylvia.” Siglos said softly. Shakily he took off his hat, pulling his hood over his head in a way that partially concealed his face.

“…t-thank y-you…a-again f-for…t-tolorating a-all t-this.”

Erebus stared blankly and didn't move. Though he indeed heard their conversation between the Rakshashin and the Everian, it felt as though he is another plane, stuck in an interstice.
Nothingness....

Void....

Emptiness....

Otherworldly....

A dream....

Something so transcendental.... A concept beyond the physical realm..... A dream...

There were figures.... But all were too blurry; unable to be perceived or interacted normally....

Questions plague his mind....

Why is here? Why did join them?

"Why?"

A question followed by another: "What?"

And another, and another....

Countless thoughts, yet none are answerable...

Back