• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

After around 6 or so hours of travel, the group was able to see an immensely bright light coming into view. The incredibly vague shape of buildings could be made out from a distance of around 20 or so miles.

"Guess we're getting close..." Sylvia thought, her emerald eyes dilating into slits.

Cain growled, the light seeming to interrupt her rest.

Jeanne just curled up, breathing out shakily.

As the city's lights came into view, Siglos slowly began to curl inward; his head pressed tightly against his knees as he leaned back into Sylvia’s neck. His breathing was quiet, yet uneven, the air coming out in short, irregular pants. He closed his eyes, saying nothing.

“…It…it will be alright. The church will protect me…she…she will protect me…” Siglos thought. He repeated the phrase in his mind, trying desperately to believe those words.

Shalor put his left hand out, but paused, he didn't want to bother Jeanne, while Khadgar nodded and got up to allow Shalor to get out without touching Jeanne, which he did, although murmured "Please try to take it easy..." to Jeanne quietly in passing

"I don't like the newcomers, but he at least seems genuine..." Khadgar said to Jeanne quietly, conjuring another glass of ice water for her if she wanted it

Kargath was on edge, but did enjoy the fact he could see over to the city and check for threats now

Noah turned to look at Shalor.

"Oh Shalor, well, that depends, although our mission is a priority, we also have a little time to rest, besides even working one can have fun, after all I have never been in a city like this, only small towns" the dragoness said as she approached the young adventurer
"True... I'll try to have fun, but it's with this group I'll stay..." Shalor murmured

(Aight, let's dip.)

Eventually, the group was able to reach the main gates, or at least in the vicinity of them... The tall walls guarding the city were grand, yes, but was most noticeable were the several layers of sensory magic, meant to record even the tiniest of movements to thwart any unwelcomed guests.

Jeanne got out of the carriage breathing out, "Alright... I can do this. It doesn't burn anymore." She thought to herself.

"Are you alright, hun?" Sylvia asked, looking over to Siglos.

Cain rolled off Sylvia's shoulder, landing on her feet gracefully as her halo gently spun. Her eyes darted around, feeling the sensory magic constantly analyzing her every move.

Khadgar felt the magic as well, getting out behind Jeanne, while Kargath simply continued walking, this was nothing new to him, though Shalor seemed to be thinking, and didn't sense the magic, but the fact his chains started glowing some confused him a bit as well

Siglos's eyes were still closed as they arrived near the gates, the Everian unwilling to even look at the city as they approached its entrance. He gripped Sylvia's neck tightly, his pale, thin knuckles turning white as they pressed into the Rakshashin's flesh. The familiar hum of the gate's magic wormed into his ear, invading his mind and dreading up memories he had long since tried to forget...

Aegis, the grand city of the Everian race, its grandeur unrivaled across the continent. Within this place, two people were walking along the streets, their fine boots falling lightly on the golden cobblestone. Their outfits were finely pressed, colorful, and vibrant, elaborate purple cloaks trailing behind them as they walked, accentuated with patterns of gold and silver. The smaller of the two, a young boy, barely a teen, gingerly followed behind the man in front of him. As he walked...his boot scrapped against a slightly uneven portion of the road, landing unevenly on the surface. The boy let out a small, audible squeak, stumbling slightly. In an instant...the picaresque scene was shattered, the mood around the two Everians shifting imperceptibly.

"Come on, Darius. Do not fall behind." The man said. He reached out his hand, gripping the young boy gently around the wrist. His hand was cold, an unnatural chill running through the boy's spine…yet he did not recoil. His face was limp, expressionless; his dull, blue eyes staring blankly in front of him as he was led into the city. The man looked down at the boy, a soft smile slowly forming on his face.

"…Now, I want you on your best behavior today. Is that clear?" The man said. The boy glanced up at him for a moment. He opened his mouth as if to speak, yet no sound came out, air slipping listlessly from his opened throat. The boy's eyes widened in barely concealed panic, his free hand immediately reaching up toward his throat. Before he could touch it, however, his hand…froze, a rigid tightness spreading through his arm. The older man simply stared down at the boy, shaking his head in disapproval.

"Why…you aren't trying to cause a scene, are you, Darius…?" The man said quietly, his voice inaudible to anyone but the boy in front of him. The boy said nothing in response, yet shook his head quickly, desperation clear in his eyes. The man stared at the boy for a moment, before smiling.

"Good. Now if you behave yourself…I will restore your voice once we leave the city. Is that clear…?" The man said. His voice was calm, friendly even…yet the boy could feel the coldness drip from his words, cutting into his mind like the sharpest of daggers. Quickly, the boy nodded, his well-groomed hair flowing with each motion of his head. The man stared at the boy for several moments, his sharp eye seeming to examine his very soul. His gaze lasted for several, long moments, before his smile returned to his face.

"I knew I could count on you, Darius." The man said sweetly. He pressed his hand against the boy's cheek, gently caressing his pale, soft flesh. As he did so...the boy could feel another shiver run across his spine, his arms and legs tingling as he felt mana flow into his very bones. For a moment, he felt nothing, until a searing pain erupted from his limbs, the mana tightly wrapping around his skeleton in a manner akin to a vice. The boy opened his mouth, letting out a cry of agony that went unheard by the world, his voice still silenced, muffled into nothingness.

"...Now...let us keep moving." The man said, flashing him another soft smile. The boy's frozen arm, long since forced from his own control, began to move itself, the smooth, effortless motions not betraying the marionette-like control the man was exerting on the child's fragile form. The boy's limbs began to move against his will, his arms returning to his side. His legs began to move, showing a grace the child would never be capable of replicating as he moved across the cobblestone, his father flashing him another smile as he walked alongside him.

Any lingering courage that he had felt dissipated, the Everian clinging to his mate in a manner akin to a frightened child. He let out a loud, whimper, his voice slightly muffled as he pressed himself against Sylvia. Tears gently fell from his face, dripping onto Sylvia's neck and shoulders as he clung to the woman.

"...P-promise...p-promise...t-to...t-to...s-stay...s-stay w-with m-me. P...p-please..." Siglos said quietly, his tone desperate, pleading. He knew Sylvia said she would...but that didn't stop the terror from rising in his throat, his heart pounding loudly against his chest.

Erebus has dealt with this, but not on a grandiose scale such as this. Looking over to Siglos, he noticed that he's scared. Though having that "Sylvia" person comfort him. He didn't bother speaking, the giant black silhouette of a sword didn't seem to glow like the rest, and he didn't bother to use it given he just met the group.

"...P-promise...p-promise...t-to...t-to...s-stay...s-stay w-with m-me. P...p-please..." Siglos said quietly, his tone desperate, pleading. He knew Sylvia said she would...but that didn't stop the terror from rising in his throat, his heart pounding loudly against his chest.
"I'm right here, darling... I'm right here..." Sylvia whispered to him, "I swear that I won't leave you... alright? Do you trust me?"

"You don't sound like you trust me, Siglos... I want you to say it clearly. Do. You. Trust. Me?" Sylvia demanded, her emerald eyes staring into his. Her voice was still gentle as to not stress Siglos out any further, but still held a sufficient tint of seriousness to drive her point.

"You don't sound like you trust me, Siglos... I want you to say it clearly. Do. You. Trust. Me?" Sylvia demanded, her emerald eyes staring into his. Her voice was still gentle as to not stress Siglos out any further, but still held a sufficient tint of seriousness to drive her point.
Slowly...Siglos opened his eyes, his blue irises staring into Sylvia's emerald gaze. He took a shaky, labored breath, focusing only on Sylvia's face, staring deeply into her eyes as he gripped her flesh. Tears gently fell from his cheeks, running down onto his cloak.

"......" Siglos said nothing for a moment, almost as if he was mustering the courage to speak. Slowly...his lips opened, a soft, barely audible noise escaping his throat.

"...I trust you...Sylvia." Siglos murmured.

"....."

Sylvia sighed, Saffi's words ringing true in her mind. This wasn't going to work. Pestering him, forcing him against his will wasn't doing any good for either of him. Shame boiled within her breast, her muscles tightening through her clothing. This wasn't helping... She wasn't helping him.

"Alright, honey. I'm glad you trust me. We'll get through this together, alright?" She then said with a smile, planting a kiss onto his side as she turned her neck over.

Siglos flinched as Sylvia kissed him, his body tensing at her touch. His body trembled violently, the Everian’s eyes still tightly shut. His heart pounded intensely within his chest, loud enough that Slyvia could feel the vibrations against her neck.

“T…together…” he whispered, his tone deathly quiet. He slowly curled inward, his head pressing against Sylvia’s neck as he curled into a ball on her shoulder.

Jeanne sighed, moving up to the front of the gate.

"Ahem... Hello? My name is Jeanne Valentina... I'm a young priest and a knight. I am here with my comrades on orders from the Church to investigate potential turmoil within your city!" Jeanne said, thinking she'd get some sort of answer. And for a few minutes, she didn't.

Until a voice rang out from the wall, a mystical "speaker" of sorts.

"Do you have any confirmation that the Archbishop sent you?" The voice asked. It was most certainly female, seeming somewhat middle-aged, but for Everians, an undying race of magicians, what was considered middle-aged was weird.

"Uh..." Jeanne thought for a moment, shaking her head. "I'm afraid not, but surely you have a way to confirm if we are lying or not, yes?" She asked. The voice was silent for a few more moments.

Suddenly, what seemed to be some sort of glass tablet manifested seemingly out of thin air in Jeanne's left hand, causing her to breath out sharply for a moment before turning back to the wall.

"Each of you place a drop of your blood onto the object. We'll confirm if your lying or not through that." The voice ordered, causing Jeanne to nod.

"Yes, ma'am." She said, before moving back to the group, sighing.

"Fortunately, their willing to let us in, but we need to confirm whether or not we're lying by letting a drop of our blood fall onto this weird glass tablet..." Jeanne explained, "I don't know what kind of magic it is, though..."

"Blood magic. More specifically a variation of Dark Magic. It's used in lie detecting spells a lot." Sylvia explained, "At least, from what I've read..."

Khadgar brought a small blade out of his bag, simply cutting his thumb and allowing a drop of blood to fall onto the tablet, Kargath scoffing as he walked over, using his Bladefist to cut into his hand to make only a drop dribble onto the tablet before he healed, and Shalor...

"ummmm... issue... I can't really harm myself enough to make a drop of blood come out..." Shalor murmured

Erebus held out his right hand, which is covered in all black. Suddenly, metal spikes pierced through the armor, causing blood to drip onto the tablet; it was his armor's power. After a drop, the armor pierces his flesh again, "sealing" off the wound. It wasn't necessarily "regeneration" by all means, but it seemed like he was to used to hurting himself from the armor.

Back