• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos slowly uncurled from his position, taking several, deep breaths. His eyes slowly opened, though his gaze was fixed on the ground, unable and unwilling to look up at the city itself. With trembling hands, he reached into his bag, before slowly bringing out two long, thin needles, akin to one that would be typically used for sewing. Mana flowed gently from the tips, signifying that it was one of his many magical items, though its enchantment wasn't strictly necessary for what Siglos planned to do.

"...C-can...y-you...b-bring m-me...c-closer?" Siglos murmured to Sylvia, his voice trembling as he whispered into her ear.

Siglos slowly uncurled from his position, taking several, deep breaths. His eyes slowly opened, though his gaze was fixed on the ground, unable and unwilling to look up at the city itself. With trembling hands, he reached into his bag, before slowly bringing out two long, thin needles, akin to one that would be typically used for sewing. Mana flowed gently from the tips, signifying that it was one of his many magical items, though its enchantment wasn't strictly necessary for what Siglos planned to do.

"...C-can...y-you...b-bring m-me...c-closer?" Siglos murmured to Sylvia, his voice trembling as he whispered into her ear.
Sylvia nodded silently, doing as Siglos asked as she awaited what he was to do.

Shalor eventually nodded at Kargath, putting a hand out, which Kargath took and began slowly pushing the tip of Shalor's thumb onto the tip of his bladefist, causing Shalor to wince until a drop of blood came out and be brought over to the tablet by Kargath, who nodded to Shalor as the boy breathed in pain

Slowly, gingerly, the Everian held his thumb over the tablet, the pale limb shaking visibly. With his other hand...he slowly gripped one of the needles, before pressing it into his finger. He winced visibly, yet didn't pull away, not wanting to force one of the others to do this for him. Slowly, a tiny drop of blood formed at the edge of the needle, the crimson liquid glistening in the light for a moment, before slowly dripping downward, landing with an inaudible plop on the tablet below. Siglos retracted his arm, cleaning off the slightly bloody edge of the needle before returning it to his bag. His arms swiftly returned to Sylvia’s neck, gripping it tightly.

Last edited:
Cain shrugged, raising her right hand. Swiftly, she sliced at her cheek with her enormous claws, the black blood from the self-inflicted wound gathering on her finger-tips. She would sharply swipe a the air, tossing the blood onto the tablet.

Sylvia simply bit into her own tongue the tiniest bit, letting the black liquid trickle off of her tongue and onto the tablet.

Jeanne sighed, "Alright..." She gently clenched her right hand, the clawed one, stabbing into her own palm. Slowly opening her palm, she let the blood fall onto the tablet, the accumulated blood on the tablet mystically fusing with the object, causing it to shine briefly with a sharp light.

Cain shrugged, raising her right hand. Swiftly, she sliced at her cheek with her enormous claws, the black blood from the self-inflicted wound gathering on her finger-tips. She would sharply swipe a the air, tossing the blood onto the tablet.

Sylvia simply bit into her own tongue the tiniest bit, letting the black liquid trickle off of her tongue and onto the tablet.

Jeanne sighed, "Alright..." She gently clenched her right hand, the clawed one, stabbing into her own palm. Slowly opening her palm, she let the blood fall onto the tablet, the accumulated blood on the tablet mystically fusing with the object, causing it to shine briefly with a sharp light.
As Erebus looked at Cain, he assumed like she was just "showing off". Tossing the blood in midair? Seems a little bit too much in his opinion. Though maybe this group is just that. Maybe they're those types of people. People whom he knew and had already dealt with. But of course, unexpected things happen all the time, it wasn't that he's all-knowing or anything, an assumption based on experiences is a valid point. Howbeit so, judging people based on physical appearance shouldn't be the basis whether or not said individual has past experiences.

Cain glanced at Erebus for only a split-second, before just turning away, completely unconcerned with him. In truth, she only tossed the blood due to not truly wishing to expend the effort to move over to the tablet and let it trickle off of her body. In short, laziness and indifference. It didn't really matter to her, though.

(Now we wait.)

Siglos turned away from the tablet as it activated, pressing his face tightly into Sylvia’s neck. The Everian face was deathly pale, the remnants of his drying tears leaving small, visible blemishes on his flesh.

“…Together…” he thought to himself. He took a shaky breath, gingerly closing his eyes again. He was glad, at least, that Saffi and Sylvia were with him, the presence of his mate and fellow Everian keeping him stable enough to prevent another panic attack, at least for the moment.

Saffi then approached the tablet, her thumb dropping a drop of blood.

(If anyone's interested as to what Saffi did, it's something that I've done by accident on multiple occasions. Scratching skin on a finger to the point where it peels and then bleeds underneath. Weird thing to do? Definitely. But some people in the group are taking out claymores and trying to chop their arms off, so the way I see it, big W for ma girl Saffi considering her method is practically painless.)

Eventually, the voice from before would emanate from the city walls.

"Luckily for you, it seems that your not lying..." The voice said, "You'll be allowed in. Though, the Rakshashin will... have to... um..."

"We'll make ourselves scarce. No trouble, we're just here on a job." Sylvia said, just sighing.

"Alright..." The voice said, before the gates of the city began to open.

Siglos listened to the sound of the gate opening, the harsh noise grating against his psyche as the city revealed itself. With quick, fearful motions, Siglos scrambled off of Sylvia's shoulder, moving towards her back. He positioned himself in something akin to a piggyback ride, his tiny body and most of his face obscured behind Sylvia's large frame, as if to shield himself from the city's view.

"…T-together..." Siglos murmured, his face pressed against the side of her shoulder.

"N-no…n-no…n-no…m-matter…w-what…w-what t-they…t-they say…" he whispered, his voice barely audible. He wrapped his arms tightly around Sylvia, his body trembling against her back.

Jeanne breathed out, "Siglos, um... You don't have to if you don't want to, but, um, if we don't want to draw attention to ourselves, you should... preferably climb down from Sylvia shoulders. It would be suspicious for an... um... clearly frightened Everian boy to be riding on top of a threatening Rakshashin woman. I think you should try walking."

Siglos froze, his body growing rigid on Slyvia's back.

"...W....w-walk…?" Siglos muttered, his voice barely audible. The words caught in his throat, his breathing growing increasingly irregular as he pressed his cheek tightly onto Sylvia's back.

"N-no...n-no...p-please..." Siglos said quietly. Panic rose in his voice, the man almost begging to stay off the ground as he hung on Sylvia's back.

"...I-I'll...I'll..I'll d-do...d-do a-anything...j-just...j-just..." He trailed off, his body beginning to tremble again.

"...d-don't...d-don't...m-make....m-make me w-walk. P-please..." He muttered.

Sylvia's expression tightened with agony as she clenched her fists, breathing out with a shudder running through her body. "Just... leave it alone, Jeanne... It'll be fine. We won't cause any trouble.

"But-" Jeanne moved to retort, but Sylvia cut her off swiftly.

"Drop it, Jeanne." Sylvia demanded, her fists tightening violently. Her muscles flexed visibly through her sweater, the woman growling down at Jeanne.

"Alright alright... Whatever." Jeanne said with a sigh, "Let's just go."

Sylvia's expression tightened with agony as she clenched her fists, breathing out with a shudder running through her body. "Just... leave it alone, Jeanne... It'll be fine. We won't cause any trouble.

"But-" Jeanne moved to retort, but Sylvia cut her off swiftly.

"Drop it, Jeanne." Sylvia demanded, her fists tightening violently. Her muscles flexed visibly through her sweater, the woman growling down at Jeanne.

"Alright alright... Whatever." Jeanne said with a sigh, "Let's just go."
"Our safety is more important than our comfort at the moment...perhaps Jeanne has a point." Saffi whispered to Sylvia, trying not to draw attention or start a fight.

“I-I…I’m s-sorry…” Siglos said quietly, his body trembling.

“I…I-I’m…I-I’m….s…s-sorry” He repeated.

“I…I…I d-don’t…I…I d-don’t…w-want t-to…c-cause…m-more…m-more p-problems…” he said quietly.

“B-but…b-but…I…I c-can’t…I can’t….” Siglos trailed off, holding back a dry sob as he clutched Sylvia’s back.

Sylvia merely breathed out, "Alright, sweetie..." She murmured as she moved Siglos over to the carriage.

Jeanne had already begun to walk, ignoring everything around her, continuing to breath heavily. She bit her lower lip tightly enough to break the skin and make it bleed, "Calm down... Calm... Calm down... The burning... ****..." She whispered to herself, already beginning to leave the group behind.

"What a ******* nuisance..." Cain thought to herself as she simply began walking, cracking her knuckles forcefully.

Siglos clung to Sylvia for a moment, before slowly releasing his grip, falling onto the carriage seat. Immediately, he curled his knees to his chest, taking several, quick breaths.

"A...A-alright...I...I'm....I'm...a-alright...l-like this." Siglos said softly.

"T-thank...t-thank...y-you f-for...c-carrying m-me...s-so far...honey..." Siglos said quietly. He stared at the floor, shame building in his chest, knowing he was making things more difficult for his mate.

"It's okay, I'll sit with you!" Shalor said, smiling, glancing at Noah
Siglos looked over at Shalor, before giving the boy a small nod.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you....Shalor." He murmured.

Erebus continued walking though he wasn't too far away from the carriage. He didn't mind about the others twiddling their thumbs as they wait for their mates; they'll soon catch up in no time. The hooded person and the little Rakshashin had piqued his interest, but he wasn't here to interview about why they are the way they are, he came here for "something"..... Something far beyond just money or the "job" he inadvertently partook in at the moment. Though that..... is something only he knows.

Sylvia nodded and smiled as the carriage began to be pulled into the city, Sylvia letting it pull in for a bit.

"Not helping him..." She thought.

"Forcing a reaction..."

"Going through more than you realize..."

"I trust you..." Did he trust her?

"It's fine..."

"Your not helping..."

"Your not helping anybody..."

"Your useless, Sylvia."

"You'll never succeed, your a failure."

"Y̶o̵u̸r̶ ̴a̷ ̷f̵a̶i̸l̶u̷r̷e̸ ̵o̶f̶ ̸a̷ ̶d̸a̸u̷g̷h̶t̵e̵r̶."

"I̵͈̓ ̸̮͝w̷̰͒i̷͓͌s̷̩͠h̸̬́ ̵͚́y̴̢̽o̷͍̽u̶͙̓ ̷̬̍w̴̧̾e̵̪̅ṛ̷́ẽ̸̳ ̴͒ͅn̶̺̿ḛ̶̅v̸̞̾ê̶͇r̸͈͌ ̴̗̔b̶̥̿o̸̜̓r̷̩̽ņ̵̃."

Sylvia breathed heavily, clenching her fists tightly. Her nails pierced through her palm, black blood flowing from the limb as she breathed in deeply. Unwelcomed thoughts invaded Sylvia's psyche, memories, memories she'd buried in the back of her mind...

"He's dead. I killed him." She thought, "Crushed his skull... and erased him..."

"Siglos is just going through a lot... You can't expect to be able to just erase his problems..." She thought once more, her wound beginning to slowly heal.

"Those days are over..." Over. Done and gone.

"I'm happier this way..." She had a life now.

"You are something, Sylvia... You are something... You matter..." She mattered to someone.

Someone in unimaginable agony.

Agony that she could not repair.

Agony she only served to worsen.

Sylvia's chest tightened, feeling as if it was being caved in. It felt as if her insides were an endless chasm, her breaths becoming slightly narrow, sharp and swift as she shuddered for a moment. Sylvia looked up into the air, clenching her throat and taking in a large intake of oxygen that served to calm her nerves. She lowered her head, taking in one, final intake of air.

Sylvia's lips twitched for only a moment, before her comforting smile returned and she began walking next to the carriage once more.

Sylvia merely breathed out, "Alright, sweetie..." She murmured as she moved Siglos over to the carriage.

Jeanne had already begun to walk, ignoring everything around her, continuing to breath heavily. She bit her lower lip tightly enough to break the skin and make it bleed, "Calm down... Calm... Calm down... The burning... ****..." She whispered to herself, already beginning to leave the group behind.

"What a ******* nuisance..." Cain thought to herself as she simply began walking, cracking her knuckles forcefully.
Saffi went up to Jeanne, scared that another one of her symptoms was activating again. "Jeanne, are you alright?" She asked, shortly before noticing one of her lips was bleeding.

Back