• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"If i could i would tip you too...!" Shalor said before he walked to his room, putting the key in and opening it, his chains unwrapping from being around his arm, leaving little indents where the chain was wrapped around his arm and pushed on his skin, Shalor looking in wonder as the chains floated there, he left his door open, not quite expecting any visitors, but he certainly didn't have much to do here

Khadgar smiled and dropped some coins onto the counter, also tipping, though he clearly didn't hold a ton of money of his own, before he walked to his own room

Siglos straightened himself, inwardly glad Saffi had decided to give the receptionist a tip. The Everian prepared to scurry to his room, but was stopped when the strange butterfly began to circle him. Unsure of how to react, he glanced at the creature for a moment, before looking back toward the dwarf.

"O-oh...h-hello...." Siglos said quietly. He took a small step back as the man approached, his legs trembling lightly as he moved.

"...I-it's...v-very p-pretty. T-the...b-butterfly I-I mean..."

“Not quite correct I am afraid.” Khedruki says holding his hand out where the butterfly lands and transforms into a white squirrel. It then jumps from my hand landing in the form of a calico cat and purring at me. “They are a spirit and they seemed to be worried they saw you earlier and heard you seemed scared of this place. I know I am a stranger but if you wish to talk you I am in room 14. I heard that can help.”

Cain simply grunted and headed up the stairs, breathing out. She moved up the stairs and simply went to her room, room 23.

Jeanne gripped her right arm a bit, breathing out as sweat trickled down her face and onto the ground. The burning was... intense, to say the least, but compared to before, it wasn't unbearable. Slowly, she moved to her satchel, pulling out a bag of coin that Velen provided her, the amount being enough to cover a night or two at the inn. With a look of obvious distress on her face, Jeanne moved up the stairs to her room swiftly, breathing in and out.

“Not quite correct I am afraid.” Khedruki says holding his hand out where the butterfly lands and transforms into a white squirrel. It then jumps from my hand landing in the form of a calico cat and purring at me. “They are a spirit and they seemed to be worried they saw you earlier and heard you seemed scared of this place. I know I am a stranger but if you wish to talk you I am in room 14. I heard that can help.”
Siglos stared blankly at the dwarf for a moment, a look of evident confusion on his face.

"...S-spirit...?" Siglos asked quietly. He squinted slightly, covering his eyes with a small amount of mana as he tried to examine the strange creature.

"...I...I've...n-never s-seen o-one b-before..." Siglos muttered.

"You know like a ghost. He is technically also the first of my family name, Chim Greymail he is kinda linked to the family specifically me at the moment. Neither of us have found out why he is like this but it is really helpful to have him even if he doesn't always behave." Khedruki says Chim hisses at the last part.

Siglos stared blankly at the man for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"O-oh! W-well...t-that's r-rather fascinating!" He said. He flashed the man a shaky smile, taking another step back.

"...I...I-I appreciate t-the offer. B-but...I-I...d-don't t-think...y-you c-can help..." He said quietly. He took another step back, inching towards his room.

"...T-thank...t-thank y-you...f-for s-showing m-me...y-your spirit...erm...C-Chim. I...w-wish you b-both well." He said softly. He bowed at the dwarf, preparing to head back to his room.

"Very well I wish you and your company the best but at the very least try to state the problem to your teammates they don't seem to understand and that could lead to someone getting hurt." I say concerned for him before heading out of the inn to talk to those who stayed outside as Chim has a few choice words for them in mind.

Cain simply grunted and headed up the stairs, breathing out. She moved up the stairs and simply went to her room, room 23.

Jeanne gripped her right arm a bit, breathing out as sweat trickled down her face and onto the ground. The burning was... intense, to say the least, but compared to before, it wasn't unbearable. Slowly, she moved to her satchel, pulling out a bag of coin that Velen provided her, the amount being enough to cover a night or two at the inn. With a look of obvious distress on her face, Jeanne moved up the stairs to her room swiftly, breathing in and out.
If Jeanne past Shalor's room his intrigue would be interrupted by Jeanne's passing by, causing him to get up and run after her "What's wrong?" He asked quickly, genuine worry in his voice

If Jeanne past Shalor's room his intrigue would be interrupted by Jeanne's passing by, causing him to get up and run after her "What's wrong?" He asked quickly, genuine worry in his voice
Jeanne glanced down at Shalor, her eyes flashing scarlet for a moment before she immediately turned away and tried to move to her room swiftly.

"N-Nothing's wrong.. I'm fine..." She murmured.

Siglos stared at the dwarf for a few moments as he left, before turning away. He moved to his room, fumbling with his keys for a few moments before opening the door.

"...S-state t-the p-problem..." Siglos muttered to himself. He breathed out, slowly shaking his head as he walked into his room, closing the door behind him. Gingerly, he moved toward a corner, sitting down and curling into a ball.

"I...I c-can't..." Siglos muttered to himself. He closed his eyes, pressing his back against the wall.

Last edited:
Jeanne didn't fall, her balance far to ironclad after vigorous training to be knocked over by something like that. Jeanne turned around, breathing out and trembling as she gripped her right arm.

"P-Please... j-just... j-j-just g-go away..." She muttered, her trembling intensifying as the searing agony did.

Shalor flinched hard as Khadgar sighed and teleported over in a flash

The shout woke Kargath from his standing slumber, he was like a statue, but he didn't pay it any mind and closed his eyes to return to a light slumber

"O-okay..." Shalor murmured after a moment, beginning to walk past Jeanne, but she did glance back a few times in worry as Khadgar breathed out, a glass of ice cold water bumping Jeanne in the shoulder, he couldn't say anything, so he simply offered it silently

Sylvia shot up, her ears twitching as her head darted back and forth. "H-Huh??? Jeanne?"

Jeanne immediately snatched the glass of water, chugging it as fast she could, breathing out heavily once she'd finished the glass and crushing it into shards with her bare hand. "Haaa... Haa..."

Khadgar simply remade it, the shards rearranging before he used his manipulation of earth to repair it(Cause sand)

"We really need to find something to help that, hell, maybe we can make an ice bath for you, maybe that will calm it down or something..." Khadgar said, being quiet

Siglos's eyes opened with a start, A small squeak of surprise escaping his lips as he heard Jeanne's shout. He got to his feet, pressing a hand against the wall to support his trembling body.

"...J-Jeanne?" Siglos muttered, making his way toward the door. Cracking it openly slightly, he peered into the hallway, a single blue eye peeking out from his room.

Sylvia shot up, her ears twitching as her head darted back and forth. "H-Huh??? Jeanne?"

Jeanne immediately snatched the glass of water, chugging it as fast she could, breathing out heavily once she'd finished the glass and crushing it into shards with her bare hand. "Haaa... Haa..."
"Calm down.... Worrying would cause her to worry too." Erebus signed.
Khedruki seeing the Sylvia startled and Kargarth asleep attempts to approach Erebus. "Excuse me."
Erebus looks back staring at him "Yes?" he signed.

Shalor just then had reached Siglos's door and paused, having closed his eyes and sighing in discontent with not being able to help Jeanne
Siglos glanced at Shalor as he walked through the halls, turning his attention away from the noise. He hesitated for a moment, before speaking.

"...I-is...J-Jeanne a-alright?" Siglos whispered from behind the door.

"We really need to find something to help that, hell, maybe we can make an ice bath for you, maybe that will calm it down or something..." Khadgar said, being quiet
"No, I just... I need to rest. I need to calm down... Or else it won't get any b-better... All this stress is... just making it worse." Jeanne muttered, storming past Khadgar to her room and zooming past Siglos's room in the process, and just slamming the door shut.
"Calm down.... Worrying would cause her to worry too." Erebus signed.
"I'm not worried... I'm just wondering why the hell she's shouting in the middle of the night..." Sylvia said with a sigh.

Khedruki pauses before signing back slowly. "Are you with that large group that went inside."
"Yes" Erebus signed.
"No, I just... I need to rest. I need to calm down... Or else it won't get any b-better... All this stress is... just making it worse." Jeanne muttered, storming past Khadgar to her room and zooming past Siglos's room in the process, and just slamming the door shut.

"I'm not worried... I'm just wondering why the hell she's shouting in the middle of the night..." Sylvia said with a sigh.
Erebus nodded, "If you say so.." he signed

"Injury...? Yes." Shalor murmured
“…A-alright.” Siglos said quietly. He hesitated for a moment, before slowly shaking his head. A part of him wanted to see if he could help Jeanne, but the girl’s obvious discomfort towards him, combined with his anxiety about being out in public within the city, made him pause.

“…I…I h-hope s-she…f-feels b-better. S-sorry f-for b-bothering y-you…” He muttered. He took a step back from the door, closing it fully.

Back