• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

(Weakness disgusts me.)

As Sylvia very, very gently plopped Siglos onto her shoulder, Jeanne would nod, slipping into the carriage as well. Slowly, Sylvia would begin to flap her wings, hovering in the air so that she didn't have to walk through a bunch of trees at 14 ft tall.

"I guess we're all ready to go, then..." Jeanne murmured. The horses at the front of the carriage began to move on their own, the animals clearly thoroughly trained to move without anyone at the reigns. The path that the group would take was rather set-out, with some obvious rough terrain a few kilometers up, but nothing too arduous.

(Weakness disgusts me.)

As Sylvia very, very gently plopped Siglos onto her shoulder, Jeanne would nod, slipping into the carriage as well. Slowly, Sylvia would begin to flap her wings, hovering in the air so that she didn't have to walk through a bunch of trees at 14 ft tall.

"I guess we're all ready to go, then..." Jeanne murmured. The horses at the front of the carriage began to move on their own, the animals clearly thoroughly trained to move without anyone at the reigns. The path that the group would take was rather set-out, with some obvious rough terrain a few kilometers up, but nothing too arduous.
(This is where I come in?)

(Weakness disgusts me.)

Siglos gingerly gripped Sylvia’s neck as she hovered in the air, quickly putting his hat inside his bag to prevent the wind from blowing it away. He took a small breath, his heart pounding in his chest as they began their journey.

“T-the…c-church will p-protect me.” He muttered. He pressed his head against Sylvia’s neck, continuing to whisper the words inaudibly to himself.

The carriage began to move at a relatively swift pace, but not anything that those on the outside couldn't keep up with. Sylvia was moving while saying nothing, constantly looking up at her shoulders to check on Siglos and Cain. Outside of that, there wasn't much commotion. Animals would occasionally make noises, but nobody seemed to be sneaking up on them...

(Okay Erebus can be introduced now.)

(I need to establish where Shalor is so I can introduce him don't I?)

A boy who looked to be in his early teens moved towards a trail, he'd been walking for awhile, looking down at an apple before smiling to himself and taking a bite, he didn't think much of what was happening, but even then, he was far from normal, raising his right arm which had silver chains wrapped around it, the end point of them having a gold, silver, and blue blade to them, he didn't remember what happened, causing him to frown, but he shook it, beginning to just walk down the trail with no end in sight

Siglos flashed her a shaky smile as Sylvia looked back at him, though his grip on her was a bit...tighter, than usual. His arms trembled slightly as they hugged around her neck, his fingers tensing on her flesh. He periodically took slow, deep breaths, his heart pounding rhythmically in his small chest. In an attempt to distract himself, he slowly levitated one of the rings off his finger, causing it to hover in the air next to him. Gingerly, he began to pour a sliver of his mana into it, coating the enchanted metal in an additional layer of magic. The mana writhed and squirmed, before weaving itself into several, intricate patterns, the jewelry beginning to glow ever so slightly in the evening light. He continued to fiddle with the ring as Sylvia walked, the familiar act of enchantment helping to soothe his beating heart, if only slightly.

Jeanne glanced up at Noah and Siglos, chuckling a bit, more so at Noah playing with her cloud baseball. Obvious worry was laced in her expression as she looked at Siglos, just breathing out and turning away... She decided to close her eyes, hoping a nap would mitigate her worries. Not like she had anything better to do.

"Just close your eyes... and breathe..." She whispered to herself.

A field of ashes. Always a field of ashes. Every time he fell asleep, she'd have the same dream over and over and over again... Chained down to a field of ashes, consumed in unbearable, scarlet flames.

"Why..." She whispered.

"Why won't you just leave me alone...!?" She then exclaimed, desperation in her voice.

"Why won't you just go away...!? I keep having this dream every ******* night and I can't take it anymore...!!" She shouted with all of her might, writhing in her chains. Every day, burning pain. Every night, unbearable, scorching agony. And for what? Why?

"Just... leave me alone... I can't do this..." She begged, "It hurts... It burns so bad...!"

But the flames erupted all the same. And so would begin Jeanne's torture anew.

"Just tell me what I need to do...!!" She screamed, scorching crimson surrounding her imaginary body, yet the pain was real, far too real.

"Help me... Somebody... please please please please..." Jeanne begged. It burned so much, too much. She couldn't feel anything but the unending agony, and she couldn't hear anything but her own screams. It was as if the flames scorched her very spirit from the inside out, hellbent on causing her as much agony as humanly possible. Her screams only seemed to.. fuel it, excite it, make it stronger. Her terror aroused the burning, making it fester, grow...

"...i...r...e"

But then, a voice rang out to her. It was the voice that she heard the first time she had this dream, the voice of the old man.

"F...i...re. Bring me... Firewood..."

Firewood? "Wha... What does that mean...? Wh-What does that mean...!?"

The chains around her body tightened, slamming her into the ground as they threatened to tear through her flesh with their tightening.

"The chains... yearn... for ash... for blood... The Dark God's... chains... desire fuel..."

"H-How do I- Wh-What does that-" Jeanne didn't know how to ask her question, her body to racked with pain to truly understand what the old voice meant.

"Young... knight... will instead, be the firewood... To a flame that consumes all that exists, its owner... is no exception."

"W-Wait- What does that- A-Ah- AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH-!!!!" The flames surrounding her body spiked in intensity as the old voice spoke, the chains prying into her flesh. She could not speak properly. She could not think. She could only scream.

There was only... ashes.

Jeanne's eyes shot open, and the girl breathing heavily. "Haa...!! Ha... I'm... I'm alive... Haa..." Of course, she was. It was just a dream, after all.

"Haaa... Ha..." Jeanne continued her labored breaths, looking down at her right arm. A lingering burning sensation remained, but nothing she couldn't handle as she leaned back into her seat, placing her left hand on her armored chest. She could only barely stifle a waterfall of tears, her eyes watering as she turned to the side, away from everyone else as she simply looked up at the moon.

The carriage began to move at a relatively swift pace, but not anything that those on the outside couldn't keep up with. Sylvia was moving while saying nothing, constantly looking up at her shoulders to check on Siglos and Cain. Outside of that, there wasn't much commotion. Animals would occasionally make noises, but nobody seemed to be sneaking up on them...

(Okay Erebus can be introduced now.)
(Oh I've been waiting for this)
The sounds of heavy armor were heard. A cloaked, 3-meter-tall figure emerges; a silhouette of a giant black sword bigger than the stranger, though it is unknown how massive it is given the person's gigantic appearance and pitch-black clothing.

(Oh I've been waiting for this)
The sounds of heavy armor were heard. A cloaked, 3-meter-tall figure emerges; a silhouette of a giant black sword bigger than the stranger, though it is unknown how massive it is given the person's gigantic appearance and pitch-black clothing.
Kargath instantly turned to the figure, ready for combat at any time as his yellow eyes narrowed

Jeanne's entire body tensed as she heard the being approaching, her eyes flashing scarlet for the tiniest moment. "H-Haa...! Ha..." She began hyperventilating, wiping her tears away as she gripped the handle of her sword.

Sylvia looked down at the black figure, her emerald eyes tracing and glaring down at the being. She didn't much care, so long as he didn't harm anybody, nor did Cain, seemingly, as she was fast asleep.

Jeanne's entire body tensed as she heard the being approaching, her eyes flashing scarlet for the tiniest moment. "H-Haa...! Ha..." She began hyperventilating, wiping her tears away as she gripped the handle of her sword.
Khadgar shifted forward and put a hand on Jeanne's shoulder, silently trying to calm her
The black figure signed: "I am not here to fight." he didn't dare use his sword, simply just walking by.
"Then go." Kargath growled

Khadgar breathed out and began to conjure a floating ball of water, the mana condensing and changing properties, becoming H20 formally and perfectly safe to drink, he opened his eyes and brought a very large cup out of his pouch which he put the water into after cooling it down with ice magic to hand to Jeanne "here you go, don't push yourself too hard."

Back