• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Entering the tavern, the black hooded figure slowly walks towards a nearby table, with people looking at him. Upon seeing his weapon, others started chattering about him. But he didn't mind it at all, his clan were already the first to do that for him, having other people join in wouldn't quell the ever-growing fire. He signed to the bartender to order him an alcoholic drink. Minutes later, the order arrived and gave him a large bottle of booze along with a few pieces of bread. After a while, he started eating his meal slowly.

(While we're getting on that, though, I'll respond to everyone else.)
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...A-alright, Jeanne. L-let m-me know i-if you c-change y-your m-mind. O-or...n-need anything else." He said quietly. Slowly he opened his bag, returning the gloves to his storage.
"Alright, Siglos..." Jeanne said, turning away from both him and Kargath and darting over to Noah, to which she gave a smile and wave. She seemed to fancy Noah a bit more than others.

Jonas had finished his meal. It may have just been his hunger, but he hadn’t enjoyed food like that in some time. Jonas would likely return to the city before dark, but he wanted to do some last minute searching of the nearby area again. This, he left the City of Aegis, for now at least.

He admittedly went out a bit further than he had been intending to when he set off, and he didn’t particularly find anything of note. Holding Dépasser close to his chest, yet still ready to strike with it at any given moment, he was scanning his surroundings, about to turn back towards the city, when... he saw a fairly large group. Though it was admittedly unwise of Jonas to approach such a situation where a conflict would certainly result in his defeat by a matter of sheer numbers alone, curiosity got the best of him. Jonas was confident in his abilities, and he had defensive measures to keep him, and more importantly, Dépasser, safe. The last few weeks had been tiresome, with little excitement. Maybe this would change that. Still, caution was required, so Jonas made sure he was at a safe distance before calling out.

“Hello! Didn’t expect to see anyone else around these parts, never-mind a whole group of people.”

The black hooded figure finished his in a matter of minutes, he had to go.... somewhere. Going by the direction he walks, he'll eventually reach the City of Aegis. Upon leaving, he saw the young man again, Jonas. Though he was at a far distance and it was getting dark, his vision is akin to that of an owl's, capable of seeing even in the dark. Given the young man's status, he must be a Human or an Everian, either way, he might help him on where he is located.

Siglos turned towards the man, flinching slightly as he heard the unfamiliar voice. His eyes scanned the newcomer for a moment, his eyes falling upon the strange sword he held in his hand. His eyes widened slightly.

"...T-that's...a w-well crafted weapon...i-is he a soldier...o-or...m-maybe a mercenary?" Siglos muttered to himself. He hesitated for a moment, before returning the man's call.

"...G-good evening!" Siglos called out, waving at the man. He took a slight, but visible step closer to the rest of the group, as if to ensure they could protect him should the man attack.

"...D-do..y-you need something...?"

"...D-do..y-you need something...?"
The small, stuttering man clad in green in front of him didn’t exactly give off the impression of an imminent threat, so Jonas decided it was safe to interact at a closer distance

“Not particularly, just wondering about from Aegis and found you lot. I don’t meet a lot of new people, so it’s good to have company. I assume you’re heading into the city?”

The small, stuttering man clad in green in front of him didn’t exactly give off the impression of an imminent threat, so Jonas decided it was safe to interact at a closer distance

“Not particularly, just wondering about from Aegis and found you lot. I don’t meet a lot of new people, so it’s good to have company. I assume you’re heading into the city?”
"Oh, it happens that we're heading there ourselves on some business. Would you mind sharing your name?" Jeanne requested.

"...O-oh!" Siglos said. He relaxed slightly, seemingly put at ease by the man's unthreatening attitude.

"...Y-yeah. W-we...were tasked by the c-church to...i-investigate t-the area...w-we were preparing to leave w-when you a-appeared." Siglos said softly.

"Oh, it happens that we're heading there ourselves on some business. Would you mind sharing your name?" Jeanne requested.
Jonas looked a tad dejected he was not recognised, though it should hardly surprise him. He’s the leading researcher in his field, but one so niche? He shouldn’t expect people to know him. Regardless, he felt his ego bruise

“Jonas, I’m a scholar and adventurer”
"...Y-yeah. W-we...were tasked by the c-church to...i-investigate t-the area...w-we were preparing to leave w-when you a-appeared." Siglos said softly.
”The church?” Jonas’ ears pricked up, things were most definitely getting interesting now.

“W-what d-do you study?”
“Bit of a niche one, but combat. I’ve studied the blade in both practise and functionality, and have devoted myself to creating and mastering the best gear and fighting style. case in point...”

Jonas hoisted his gleaming sword up, the sun bouncing of its golden tint, and swung it about in his hand, even if for nothing more than the visual spectacle of it.

“This is Dépasser. My Magnum Opus. Perfectly crafted, sharpened to perfection, but most importantly... infused with numerous types of mana, as well as its own forcefield and analysis system.”

Jonas spoke with a new tone, lost in his own words, as if this sword he had seemingly spent years on crafting still managed to leave him in awe, even now.

"The study of combat, hm? You sound akin to a Rakshashin, despite seeming human. Only they truly devote their lives to mastery of combat, from what I know, it's a rather niche practice outside of that race." Jeanne said, not particularly focused on the weapon he presented. She glanced at Khadgar, noticing his distrust, before sighing. She didn't particularly trust Jonas either, but, he seemed nice enough.

“Bit of a niche one, but combat. I’ve studied the blade in both practise and functionality, and have devoted myself to creating and mastering the best gear and fighting style. case in point...”

Jonas hoisted his gleaming sword up, the sun bouncing of its golden tint, and swung it about in his hand, even if for nothing more than the visual spectacle of it.

“This is Dépasser. My Magnum Opus. Perfectly crafted, sharpened to perfection, but most importantly... infused with numerous types of mana, as well as its own forcefield and analysis system.”

Jonas spoke with a new tone, lost in his own words, as if this sword he had seemingly spent years on crafting still managed to leave him in awe, even now.
Siglos's eyes brightened as he heard the man’s words. He moved away from the group, walking up to the man.

“T-that blade is…m-magnificent…” Siglos said quietly, gingerly looking it over. He slowly attuned his Mana Hearing, detecting the faint sound of magic emitting from the sword.

“…C-can…c-can I-I…t-touch it…?” Siglos asked softly, looking up at the man.

Siglos's eyes brightened as he heard the man’s words. He moved away from the group, walking up to the man.

“T-that blade is…m-magnificent…” Siglos said quietly, gingerly looking it over. He slowly attuned his Mana Hearing, detecting the faint sound of magic emitting from the sword.

“…C-can…c-can I-I…t-touch it…?” Siglos asked softly, looking up at the man.
Jonas stepped back a little, but ultimately found no cause for concern.

“I don’t see why not”

"The study of combat, hm? You sound akin to a Rakshashin, despite seeming human. Only they truly devote their lives to mastery of combat, from what I know, it's a rather niche practice outside of that race."
“Human I am, but combat has always fascinated me, and what can I say? I was naturally gifted with both the blade and the sciences, it seemed the perfect route to take for my studies”

Jonas stepped back a little, but ultimately found no cause for concern.

“I don’t see why not”
Siglos hesitated, before slowly pressing his fingers onto the metal, gingerly running it across the golden blade. He could already tell from looking at it that it was well crafted, but touching the sword itself further reaffirmed just how fine that craftsmanship was. He continued to trace along the edge for a few moments, before slowly pulling away.

“My apologies. I-I’ve always been…fascinated. B-by m-magic w-weapons. Especially…a w-weapon as…well-crafted as this…” Siglos said quietly. He flashed him an embarrassed smile, backing away slightly.

"It's just a simple look, I'll be in-and-out." She said.
I’d... rather you didn’t. I feel like I deserve privacy in my own thoughts, especially given the... information I hold.”

Jonas had trained his mind, just as he had his body. He held unimaginable secrets, most notably in regards to Dépasser. The secret of how to craft such a weapon was knowledge he planned to take to the grave, so a random being able to search through his mind for that information simply wasn’t going to do. Jonas put up resistance against Saffi’s unwanted “simple look.”

“Human I am, but combat has always fascinated me, and what can I say? I was naturally gifted with both the blade and the sciences, it seemed the perfect route to take for my studies”
"Oh, well, I'm glad you... found something to pursue." Jeanne said, smiling somewhat crookedly.

In truth, the green of envy burned bright within her heart. Like many, Jeanne could not say that she was born with any particular talents, most definitely not within the art of combat, something she tried so fervently to sharpen in her quest to become a Knight of Ophelius. But she buried the burning within her breast. How could a devout woman such as herself allow such envy to consume her? Not wanting to be rude, she buried her doubts within the back of her mind, simply straightening her smile.

Back