• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

As Erebus nears the city, he takes a step backwards before realizing where he's going. Knowing the group, possibly with the young man on their side, they may treat him as a threat, worse, the guards here won't even let him in given he's a Rakshashin. For a while he paused in thought, thinking about what's the most efficient approach in this situation.

"That is indeed fair. Now, I believe we're still missing a few of our companions..." Jeanne said, before moving over to Siglos and whispering to him.

"Have you any idea where Sylvia and Cain are...? Your the closest to both of them out of any of us..."

Jonas smiled, “No problem! Great to see someone with similar interests”
Siglos smiled at the man, nodding eagerly.

"I-i'm...s-something of a c-craftsmen m-myself. I-i'd love to compare n-notes w-with you i-if we g-get the chance..." He said softly.

"Have you any idea where Sylvia and Cain are...? Your the closest to both of them out of any of us..."
Siglos glanced at Jeanne, before slowly shaking his head.

"...W-well, C-Cain usually s-stays i-in one o-of the t-training rooms. M-maybe S-Slyvia is w-with her." He said quietly.

I’d... rather you didn’t. I feel like I deserve privacy in my own thoughts, especially given the... information I hold.”

Jonas had trained his mind, just as he had his body. He held unimaginable secrets, most notably in regards to Dépasser. The secret of how to craft such a weapon was knowledge he planned to take to the grave, so a random being able to search through his mind for that information simply wasn’t going to do. Jonas put up resistance against Saffi’s unwanted “simple look.”
"That is fair." She said with a smile. "Please let me know if you need anything, other members of the group can be slightly more-...on-edge, I suppose."

Siglos glanced at Jeanne, before slowly shaking his head.

"...W-well, C-Cain usually s-stays i-in one o-of the t-training rooms. M-maybe S-Slyvia is w-with her." He said quietly.
"I could go get them if you'd like." Saffi offered.

Just as Siglos said that, the flapping of wings from above could be heard, the air gently rumbling. Sylvia gently descended from the cathedral with Cain on her shoulders, the 14 ft tall monstrosity of a woman landing gracefully on the ground, kicking up some dust.

"What'd we miss?" Sylvia said, her eyes darting around as Cain just plopped her chin on top of Sylvia's head.

"Ah, Jonas, these are our resident Rakshashin, Sylvia and Cain!" She turned to her allies. "This is Jonas, a human magic and combat scholar who's asked to join us." She then said to the two of them telepathically. "Please, please, don't make a scene if you don't like them."

"S-Sylvia!" Siglos said. He raised his cloak, blocking out some of the lingering dust she had kicked up, before walking over to her, a soft smile visible on his face. Gently, he embraced her, wrapping both arms around one of her legs.

"...S-Saffi pretty much s-summed it up. J-Jonas r-researches s-swordsmanship, h-he's a-a really skilled w-weaponsmith." He explained.

Erebus stops by to drink his booze, though he didn't feel drunk; the group from afar seemed to have not moved an inch. He wanted to approach them to ask where he was, but having another person just show up would be suspicious, the reason for "meeting by coincidence" may just be thrown out the window given the context of the situation. Since they're headed his way, it'd look a lot more natural and not too dubious that it'd arose trepidation otherwise.

"Uh... huh. I see." Sylvia said, looking down at Jonas. Her green, spiral-like eyes hovered over the young man for a few moments.

"Nice to meet you." She said, before just pulling Siglos into her leg, still glaring at Jonas.

Cain didn't seem to care.

"Uh... huh. I see." Sylvia said, looking down at Jonas. Her green, spiral-like eyes hovered over the young man for a few moments.

"Nice to meet you." She said, before just pulling Siglos into her leg, still glaring at Jonas.

Cain didn't seem to care.
Siglos's smile widened as he was pressed into her leg, the Everian feeling his lingering anxiety slowly melt away with her touch. He didn't distrust the newcomer, but it certainly eased his nerves to know that she could protect him.

"By the way, Sylvia. May I a-ask w-what you and Cain w-were doing?" Siglos asked quietly. He glanced up at her, though from his angle, her chest blocked his view of her face.

(We're outside yeah.)
Siglos's smile widened as he was pressed into her leg, the Everian feeling his lingering anxiety slowly melt away with her touch. He didn't distrust the newcomer, but it certainly eased his nerves to know that she could protect him.

"By the way, Sylvia. May I a-ask w-what you and Cain w-were doing?" Siglos asked quietly. He glanced up at her, though from his angle, her chest blocked his view of her face.
"We were just... having a talk, darling. It's nothing that you need to worry about!" Sylvia said, blushing a bit before narrowly signing: "I was apologizing for the noise," in a way that hopefully only Siglos would notice.

(We're outside yeah.)

"We were just... having a talk, darling. It's nothing that you need to worry about!" Sylvia said, blushing a bit before narrowly signing: "I was apologizing for the noise," in a way that hopefully only Siglos would notice.
Siglos blushed, the Everian quickly nodding his head.

“O-oh! A-alright honey…” Siglos said. He looked at Cain, flashing her a small, apologetic smile. With one hand, he signed a hurried, barely visible “I’m sorry” before speaking up again.

“I-I’m g-glad y-you t-two j-joined us.” He said softly.

Waiting for this group to pass by him, he glances over to the guards which are fairly away from where he is. Erebus started to eat his pieces of bread, occasionally drinking so as to not choke on his food. Moments after standing, he sat on the ground. He didn't mind whether or not the ground is muddy or dirty, considering he's wearing pitch-black clothes and armor, it wouldn't really do so much as making the texture look slightly dirty. Looking back, he saw another silhouette approching the group. He thought to himself that maybe joining these guys may actually get him some money.... or maybe find "that". But it's going a little too far if he'd say "that" would be his reason why he joined them. Judging by their appearance, they seem... oddly kind, so it won't hurt if he just passes them by and ask where is the direction he's headed towards, a good conversation starter no less.

"Well, looks like everyone is here..." Jeanne murmured, though, she assumed Diana wasn't coming. That was probably a good thing, though, since the dragoness's... particular view on Everians would make it hard to deal with her.

"Well... I don't think the carriage is going to be able to fit all of us, so.. is anybody willing to walk or fly while we travel?" Jeanne said.

"...L-let me know if y-you get tired, h-honey. I c-can try to find a s-spot in the carriage. I-I d-don't take u-up much room." Siglos said, chuckling softly. Gingerly, he pushed off the air with his boots, attempting to shift himself onto a more comfortable position on Slyvia's arm so his shirt wouldn't press against his neck while she carried him.

Back