• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"She uh... might be a tiny bit upset about all the... ahem... should I say, 'noise' we made...? Yeah uh, w-we'll call it noise... She did not look like she slept very well." Sylvia explained, "It's optimal we try not to talk to her for a bit..."

Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly breathing out, nodding at Sylvia's words. Velen didn't seem to want to throw them out while talking to him. Not immediately, at least.

"...I...c-can't believe...w-we..." Siglos muttered.

"...I-inside...I-inside t-the...c-church. A-all...a-all t-the...t-the knights...t-the...t-the bishops...h-heard..." Siglos muttered. He shook his head, gripping Sylvia's leg.

"...S-sound m-magic! n-next...n-next t-time...I'll... I'll...e-enchant...e-enchant the w-walls w-with...sound m-magic. T-to...t-to dampen...d-dampen the...the noise..." Siglos said quietly, taking a shaky breath.

"...." Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment.

"O-oh...! I...m-meant n-next t-time we....w-we...spent t-time t-together. I...I w-wasn't...p-planning o-on...d-doing i-it...i-in the c-church...a-again..." Siglos said quietly, his blush deepening.

"...E-even...e-even Velen...h-has h-his l-limits..." Siglos muttered, shivering slightly as he recalled the man's glare.

Siglos watched her leave, before taking a soft breath, slowly shaking his head.

"...I...I can't k-keep...f-freaking out l-like this..." Siglos muttered to himself.

"...E-even...Sylvia...w-won't p-put up w-with it...f-forever..." He muttered. The thought of that sent a wave of fear through his body, the Everian's body trembling for a few moments.

"...Focus...Siglos. Y-you...c-can't...l-let it i-impede your w-work..." He said quietly. He smacked his cheeks a few times, before hurrying off to the forge, beginning to work on some new tools for the mission.

(yeah you can Timeskip)

(Let's a go then.)

A few hours passed, and the sun eventually began to rise...

Jeanne was the first to reach the ground below the cathedral, standing next to a large carriage. It wouldn't fit everyone in the group, but it'd do well for those who didn't fancy walking. She awaited the arrival of the group at the carriage as the sun fell below the horizon, with the moon taking its place, illuminating the dark sky.

A few moments later, Siglos slowly descended from the Cathedral, hopping across the air with his enchanted boots. He landed a few feet away, stumbling slightly as he failed to secure his footing. He looked...calmer, somehow. His time alone within the forge seemingly helped the man calm down from his previous outbursts. Before rejoining the group, he had taken another shower, a pleasant lavender scent wafting from his freshly washed clothes. His hair was tied within the same hair tie Jeanne had given him on their first mission, wrapped tightly in an ashen grey ponytail. Enchanted rings covered multiple fingers on his hands, inadvertently giving him a somewhat gaudy appearance.

Within his bag, lay the fruits of his labor, the man having managed to create multiple refined enchantments for some of the items within his storage. Many of them had some basic utility to them, the man focusing more on practicality instead of some of the more superfluous items he occasionally created. He was wearing one such item now; a small ring situated on the finger of his left thumb, a topaz shinning softly in the moonlight. It was enchanted to produce a small, yet potent electrical shock when activated, powerful enough to stun even a large creature for at least a moment. It was a small comfort, Siglos wanting a means of self-defense should they encounter anything on the road.

Siglos slowly approached Jeanne, flashing her a soft smile.

"...Good e-evening, Jeanne." Siglos said quietly.

Siglos looked down to his feet, shifting his weight slightly.

"I...I want to...apologize. B-both...f-for t-this m-morning...a-and...a-any other w-ways I-i've..i-inconvenienced y-you...l-last...night..." He said softly. He bowed deeply at the girl, using one hand to keep his hat from falling onto the ground.

"...I...d-didn't mean t-to g-give y-you any...u-undue stress."

"I used my flag to heal my injuries a bit more.. I didn't want to bother the archbishop..." Jeanne said, her right hand beginning to bleed as she clenched it tighter due to the claws. She held her enchanted flag in her other hand, breathing out.

Jonas reached an end to the wilderness, a city in front of him. His destinations were too unknown to be documented on maps, so he didn’t find much use in carrying one, but he didn’t need one to identify where he was, the City of Aegis. He had done plenty of research here before, and knew the area relatively well. He also knew that getting some proper food would be good after scavenging for so long. He spotted a tavern where he remembered he had particularly enjoyed the cuisine and entered it.

Last edited:
"I used my flag to heal my injuries a bit more.. I didn't want to bother the archbishop..." Jeanne said, her right hand beginning to bleed as she clenched it tighter due to the claws. She held her enchanted flag in her other hand, breathing out.
"T-that m-makes sense. I'm…s-sure S-Saffi can give y-you more…I-intensive care, on the r-road…" he said quietly. His gaze lowered slightly, glancing at her bleeding hand. His eyes widened slightly.

"O-Oh! I...I c-could g-give y-you some...m-metal gloves...t-to stop y-your c-claws f-from s-stabbing i-into you, i-if t-that would help..." He said softly.

(Waiting on @DaReaperMan, @Oliver_de_jesus, @KingEzran, so we can get shit moving.)
"T-that m-makes sense. I'm…s-sure S-Saffi can give y-you more…I-intensive care, on the r-road…" he said quietly. His gaze lowered slightly, glancing at her bleeding hand. His eyes widened slightly.

"O-Oh! I...I c-could g-give y-you some...m-metal gloves...t-to stop y-your c-claws f-from s-stabbing i-into you, i-if t-that would help..." He said softly.
"Huh?" Jeanne tilted her head, before looking down at her bleeding hand. "When did that happen...?"

"Huh?" Jeanne tilted her head, before looking down at her bleeding hand. "When did that happen...?"
"Y-you...have t-to b-be careful w-when you c-curl your fingers." Siglos said softly, flashing her a small smile. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, rummaging within it for a moment before pulling out two, thin metal gloves. They were small, clearly having been fit for Siglos himself, but they should still fit around Jeanne's fingers unless their hand sizes were vastly different.

"...Y-you can k-keep these i-if you want. T-there...e-easy to make." Siglos said quietly.

Saffi came down unaware of the current situation, in her usual, more formal attire, which was a standard dress, she wasn't as vocal, but still smiling and waving to the group.
Siglos glanced at Saffi as she approached, flashing her a friendly smile as he talked to Jeanne.

"Y-you...have t-to b-be careful w-when you c-curl your fingers." Siglos said softly, flashing her a small smile. Gingerly, he reached into his bag, rummaging within it for a moment before pulling out two, thin metal gloves. They were small, clearly having been fit for Siglos himself, but they should still fit around Jeanne's fingers unless their hand sizes were vastly different.

"...Y-you can k-keep these i-if you want. T-there...e-easy to make." Siglos said quietly.
"No no, it's... fine, Siglos. I don't think I feel it." Jeanne said, scratching the back of her head with her other hand as she planted her flag into the ground. She didn't seem to bothered.
Kargath came up from the shadows, simply silently standing there as Khadgar began teleporting from a distance, the light purple and pink flashes signifying his teleports
Jeanne glanced at Kargath for a moment, clearly having something she wanted to discuss with him, but saving it for later as she turned back to Siglos.

"No no, it's... fine, Siglos. I don't think I feel it." Jeanne said, scratching the back of her head with her other hand as she planted her flag into the ground. She didn't seem to bothered.
Siglos hesitated for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...A-alright, Jeanne. L-let m-me know i-if you c-change y-your m-mind. O-or...n-need anything else." He said quietly. Slowly he opened his bag, returning the gloves to his storage.

Jonas reached an end to the wilderness, a city in front of him. His destinations were too unknown to be documented on maps, so he didn’t find much use in carrying one, but he didn’t need one to identify where he was, the City of Aegis. He had done plenty of research here before, and knew the area relatively well. He also knew that getting some proper food would be good after scavenging for so long. He spotted a tavern where he remembered he had particularly enjoyed the cuisine and entered it.
(Much better-)

Back