• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Sylvia breathed out, before she pushed Siglos to the side, crawling out of the door and standing up. Slowly, she and Jeanne vacated the area, expecting Khadgar to do the same...

Velen turned to Siglos.

"I take it you have something to discuss with me...?" He said.

Sylvia breathed out, before she pushed Siglos to the side, crawling out of the door and standing up. Slowly, she and Jeanne vacated the area, expecting Khadgar to do the same...

Velen turned to Siglos.

"I take it you have something to discuss with me...?" He said.
"....." Siglos stared at the man for a long while, waiting for the others to leave.

"...W-when...w-when...I j-joined...t-this...t-this group...y-you...s-said...y-you...c-could...p-p....protect...m-me...f-from...him." Siglos said quietly.

"...M-my...m-my parents....m-my...m-my..."

"....m-my father..." he whispered, his voice nearly inaudible.

"Siglos... Your family isn't going to harm you. Not while your under my protection." Velen assured, "And especially not when you've been claimed as the mate of a Rakshashin..."
Siglos stared at the ground, taking a shaky, ragged breath.

"...I-I..." Siglos said quietly.

"...I...w-want y-you...t-to s-swear o-on t-that...Velen. S-swear...s-swear...t-that...t-that y-your p-protection...w-will...w-will k-keep m-me safe..." Siglos said quietly.

"I-if...i-if...y-you...t-the...t-the l-leader o-of the c-church...c-can...s-swear on t-that. T-then..." He trailed off, his fists clenching at his side.

"...T-then...t-then I-I'll...I'll go..." He whispered.

"Siglos..."

Velen looked down at Siglos, his eyes wide open, yellow spirals glaring down at him. The Old Rakshashin placed his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"If they, or anybody affiliated with them, attempts to harm you... I will personally greet them. Do I make that understood?"

"Siglos..."

Velen looked down at Siglos, his eyes wide open, yellow spirals glaring down at him. The Old Rakshashin placed his hand on the boy's shoulder.

"If they, or anybody affiliated with them, attempts to harm you... I will personally greet them. Do I make that understood?"
Siglos flinched as he felt Velen’s hand against his shoulder, a shiver running through his spine. Slowly, he looked up at the archbishop, meeting his gaze for the first time.

“……” Siglos stared into his eyes for several moments, before slowly breathing out, the tension beginning to leave his shoulders.

“U-Understood…sir…” Siglos said quietly.

"Good. Now, if you still aren't comfortable with going, you will tell me now, and you can stay. Innocent people could be killed here. I will not have you being an issue in the middle of the journey and impeding progress." Velen said, his tone blunt, honest.

The yellow spirals continued to pierce Siglos' being for a moment before Velen's eyes went back to a squint, and he removed his hand from Siglos's shoulder.

"Good. I will hold you to that, Siglos. I take it we have no more issues, then?"

Siglos collapsed onto his hands and knees, a bead of sweat rolling down his face.

"..T-terrifying..." Siglos said quietly. He had almost forgotten how...intimidating the Archibishop was.

"...B-but...t-that's...t-that's...g-good. E-even...e-even he...wouldn't cross a m-man l-like t-that.." He muttered. He stayed on the ground for a few moments, before taking a shaky breath, slowly rising to his feet.

"...I...I'll b-be...safe...I-i'll be...s-safe..." He muttered to himself. Slowly, he began to walk out of the room, repeating the phrase in his mind as he looked for Sylvia.

Sylvia was pretty much directly outside the room, perhaps a few meters away from it, just leaning against the golden walls, while Jeanne had left the area completely, both uncomfortable, and unwilling to stay around after what happened.

Sylvia was pretty much directly outside the room, perhaps a few meters away from it, just leaning against the golden walls, while Jeanne had left the area completely, both uncomfortable, and unwilling to stay around after what happened.
Siglos stared at Sylvia for a moment, before looking at the floor, his face flushed with embarrassment. He walked up to the woman, stopping a few feet away.

“W….we f-finished…t-talking…” he said quietly.

Sylvia sighed, tempted to rub the bridge of her nose in frustration, but purposely holding back any signs of apparent frustration or nervousness to avoid making Siglos feel a certain way. "It's fine, sweetie. I'm not concerned. Let's just go find Cain."

It didn't take very long to locate the girl...

As usual, she was in the training room, clearly having spent all night partaking in strenuous exercise and sharpening of her techniques. Weirdly, though, the noble demoness was sleeping, particularly on the ground, which was strange for someone with her work ethic.

Siglos slowly walked up behind Sylvia, struggling to keep up with the woman's longer stride. He stared at the demoness for a moment, surprised to see her sleeping.

"...I...I g-guess s-she g-got tired a-after h-her t-training..." Siglos muttered, glancing around the training room. Cupping his hands around his mouth, he began to call out to the woman.

"...C-Cain!" He said, hoping to wake her.

Cain fumbled around as she was called, flipping around, clearly not even close to half awake as her eyes squinted, the visual organs barely visible, and as such, she could barely see. If she had vocal cords, she'd most definitely make some form of grumbling sound.

"...I-i've...h-heard i-it's b-beautiful." Siglos said dully, slowly getting up himself.

"...U-unrelated. B-but...d-do you d-desire a s-sound ring, l-like t-the one I g-gave Sylvia?" Siglos asked, smoothing out his clothes.

"..I...m-made y-you one a-as well. N-not...every E-everian k-knows s-sign language...s-so i-it m-might make t-the m-mission...e-easier...t-to have o-other f-forms of...c-communication..."

Back