• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"It's fine. We Rakshashin can use our bodies as weapons anyway, so we don't need anything like that." Sylvia said through sign language, just shrugging, her size making it so that the action of shrugging knocked down one of the hanging candle lights from the ceiling.
Siglos watched the candle fall, breathing out a small sigh of relief as it was caught.

“Oh! I’ve heard of Rakshashin doing things like that.” Siglos said. His eyes brightened slightly, clearly interested in their abilities.

“is their any weapon you like in particular?”

"So what are your names? I'm a little late to the party, I'm Noah Venture" Noah said as she approached the group
“Oh! I should’ve introduced myself. my name is Siglos.” He said, bowing slightly at the women.

Last edited:
"So what are your names? I'm a little late to the party, I'm Noah Venture" Noah said as she approached the group
"My name is Sylvia, and the little one next to me is Cain." Sylvia said through sign language, assuming Noah knew it.

"...C-Cain... nice to... meet." Cain said through poor sign language, backing away a bit from Noah.

"I provided my name already, but, you may call me Jeanne Valentina. Just Jeanne is fine, though." Jeanne would say, nodding at Noah.
Khadgar caught it with one hand, a purple energy of some kind extending from it to put the candle back in its place "sorry for the scare, Cain." Khadgar apologized

"Well as long as there's gold to be made I don't really care what I gotta do, well, mostly don't care." The small Orc commented as he set his big machine down and began to screw with some scrap
"I... It's fine. Cain... no mean to... offend." Cain said to Khadgar, letting out a gentle chirping sound.
Siglos watched the candle fall, breathing out a small sigh of relief as it was caught.

“Oh! I’ve heard of Rakshashin doing things like that.” Siglos said. His eyes brightening slightly, clearly interested in her their abilities.

“is their any weapon you like in particular?”
"Cain uses daggers and bladed weapons, but I just use my hands and feet." Sylvia said to Siglos.

"I am Saffi Romana. It is a pleasure." She noted with her gentle voice, giving a small bow.
"That is a wonderful name, Saffi." Jeanne said with a smile, returning the bow.
"Hands and feet?" Siglos said. He cocked his head a bit.

"...Do you practice a martial art then?"
"Indeed I do! I've been a hand-to-hand fighter ever since I was a little baby! I've still got a long way to go though, I'm still only 99!" Sylvia said, letting out a happy chirping sound.
"Well, I hope we get along" She said as she looked at each of them, bowing slightly to the head for a second, but lasting a second longer when she looked at Wrathion.
"Indeed." Jeanne said to Noah, bowing courteously as well.

"Indeed I do! I've been a hand-to-hand fighter ever since I was a little baby! I've still got a long way to go though, I'm still only 99!" Sylvia said, letting out a happy chirping sound.
"Fascinating! I haven't had much of a chance to see Martial arts up close. Everian's aren't really...built for things like that, so I never saw any growing up." Siglos said, chuckling a bit.

"Fascinating! I haven't had much of a chance to see Martial arts up close. Everian's aren't really...built for things like that, so I never saw any growing up." Siglos said, chuckling a bit.
"Oh, you know how us Rakshashin are all about ritual combat and stuff like that!" Sylvia said as the ground began to rumble a bit beneath them...
"You have my gratitude. I don't understand what the commotion is about however. Would it be alright if you informed me?"
"I'd also like to know myself..." Jeanne would say as she also felt the rumbling in the ground..

"I'd also like to know myself..." Jeanne would say as she also felt the rumbling in the ground..
"Let me try taking a look..." She said...Mana was something that could be used in a variety of ways, including beyond what can normally be found, in short form, a type of Extrasensory Perception. Saffi tried her hardest to focus, looking around for what may have caused this.

Jeanne wasted no time in moving outside, while Sylvia and Cain slowly followed.

"Do earthquakes usually happen in the human continent?" Sylvia asked Siglos.
"Let me try taking a look..." She said...Mana was something that could be used in a variety of ways, including beyond what can normally be found, in short form, a type of Extrasensory Perception. Saffi tried her hardest to focus, looking around for what may have caused this.
The cause of the rumbling seemed to be kilometers upon kilometers away, hard to spot with her extrasensory perception but as time passed it would become easier to spot...

"How it feels to use magic and Qi at the same time?, my grandfather told me about the life energy humans use, but he don't go into detail about how it interacts with the magic itself, so I've wondered, you Force your body when using both energy same time?" Noah said interested in human nature, she partially ignoring the earthquake, since the others are analyzing the situation

"I get closer to finding the origin, but it's too far away for me to find, at least from here. I can try to stop us from feeling the rumbling, but doing so would likely be a waste of Mana, meaning as long as it isn't threatening anyone at the moment, I won't halt it quite yet." Saffi said.

Khadgar got up to follow Jeanne, motioning Noah to follow him while Kargath was already outside, and Wrathion stayed about 10 meters back from Khadgar
"How it feels to use magic and Qi at the same time?, my grandfather told me about the life energy humans use, but he don't go into detail about how it interacts with the magic itself, so I've wondered, you Force your body when using both energy same time?" Noah said interested in human nature, she partially ignoring the earthquake, since the others are analyzing the situation
"That's just the thing, all of my mana reserves are in my equipment, humans have no natural resistance to the negative effects of mana, so I have to be careful even using it from equipment." Khadgar informed Noah just as Gazlowe got outside

"I don't believe you could halt it in the first place, Ms. Saffi..." Jeanne said as the rumbling got more intense, the figures that were slowly getting close enough to manifest in the group's vision seeming like massive army of beastly creatures, each at least 4 meters in height. They resembled orcs in a way, but their skin was black and their tusks were far larger. Some stood, wearing devilish armor, while some moved on all four limbs like a beast. The movement of the armor trampled stones and trees, creating the earthquake that the group felt.

"Maybe our job was to protect this village..." Jeanne thought to herself as she stepped back.

Kargath began walking towards the knights, no fear in his posture or anything whatsoever, while Khadgar nodded just as Wrathion drew a large sword with golden spines on the back of it and began to walk forward as well, while Gazlowe put down what looked to be a turret, before transforming both hands of his bot into what looked to be icethrowers

Siglos took a step back, shaking slightly as he looked at the figures approaching them. Slowly, he grabbed the feather from his cap, clutching it in his hands.

"...W-what...are those things...?" Siglos said quietly. He hadn't heard of any active wars going on in this area...yet this certainly seemed that an entire army was approaching them. Of...what, he didn't know.

"It does not matter what they are, but if we are to approach, we require as much preparation as possible! We cannot go in blindly!" Jeanne exclaimed, drawing her sword as they seemed to have at least a few minutes to prepare before the army would finally reach the village, the rumbling getting evermore intense as the army marched.

"She's right... We need to minimize destruction to the humans. At least, that's what I think we should do..." Sylvia said with sign language, "Which means don't just charge head-first into the army!"

Kargath wasn't going past the boundary, clearly planning to wait for his enemy

"And that's where I come in!" Wrathion said, starting to raise a massive wall of earth with stairs, slowly making it encapsulate the entire village as he went up the wall and did it

"I am fine Noah, I can teleport!" Khadgar said, still being light-hearted but clearly completely serious about the situation

"Yeah, I can make these things rain hell!" Gazlowe said, beginning to set turrets up along the wall, each being capable of firing a three-shot spread of round bullets

"Jeanne is correct, please do not risk your lives unnecessarily. No matter how much confidence or skill you believe yourself to have, we do not even understand our adversaries...I can help to fortify the perimeter created, but I will need the rest of you to evacuate the city. My skill set is not the best for that."

"Steel yourself, Siglos, and Saffi is right. There's no turning back now! Now, archers! We need more archers! Base yourselves on Wrathion's walls and prepare to fire!" Jeanne would shout out to the village, her voice filled with overwhelming charisma as many of the village's soldiers armed themselves with bow and arrow, climbing up the stairs on Wrathion's walls and lining themselves up, clearly having some training, but not with an army of this magnitude and clearly so.

"...Cain... can fight. Should be easy." Cain thought to herself.

Sylvia stepped back, clearly wanting to help with evacuating the citizens first, clearly thinking she could do it rather quickly.

Last edited:
"Steel yourself, Siglos, and Saffi is right. There's no turning back now! Now, archers! We need more archers! Base yourselves on Wrathion's walls and prepare to fire!" Jeanne would shout out to the village, her voice filled with overwhelming charisma as many of the village's soldiers armed themselves with bow and arrow, climbing up the stairs on Raviathon's walls and lining themselves up, clearly having some training, but not with an army of this magnitude and clearly so.

"...Cain... can fight. Should be easy." Cain thought to herself.

Sylvia stepped back, clearly wanting to help with evacuating the citizens first, clearly thinking she could do it rather quickly.
(Raviathon confirmed in CoA?)

Khadgar nodded in approval, going up the wall himself to help with the defense

“…This is crazy…”. He murmured. He shook his head. Digging into his pockets, he dug up several smooth, round stones, each engraved with various runes. Quickly, he turned to Sylvia.

"T-these...these stones allow you to...teleport short distances. Just focus on the area y-you want to go, and it will take you there!" He said quickly. He moved over to her, handing her one.

"I-it should make evacuation easier. J-just grab them and teleport away...

“…This is crazy…”. He murmured. He shook his head. Digging into his pockets, he dug up several smooth, round stones, each engraved with various runes. Quickly, he turned to Sylvia.

"T-these...these stones allow you to...teleport short distances. Just focus on the area y-you want to go, and it will take you there!" He said quickly. He moved over to her, handing her one.

"I-it should make evacuation easier. J-just grab them and teleport away...
Sylvia nodded, smiling at Siglos as she took the stone in her enormous palm, and in that instant, she was gone, leaving a mere afterimage of herself behind as she moved to begin evacuating the citizens as fast as she could, being purposely more gentle with the children so that she didn't injure them with the immense pressure generated from moving at speeds faster than most humans could react.

Back