• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"It's not a problem. How does... 100 pushups, 100 sit-ups, 100 squats, and a 10 kilometer run everyday sound?" Cain suggested.
(You freaking weeb)
(Oh crap, I yet again forgot to finish a reply)

"It sounds...you understand that Everians aren't quite as strong as you all, correct? This may be routine for someone like you or Sylvia, but I just learned how to throw a proper punch today. Perhaps you could give me something more...reasonable?"

(You freaking weeb)
(Yes.)
"It sounds...you understand that Everians aren't quite as strong as you all, correct? This may be routine for someone like you or Sylvia, but I just learned how to throw a proper punch today. Perhaps you could give me something more...reasonable?"
Cain froze.

"Right, Everians are weaklings... Uh... let's lower it then... Uh... 100 minus 50 is... 50...? Right? Yeah, definitely." Cain thought to herself, before raising her hands and signing: "How about... 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 squats, and uh... a 5 kilometer run? You can do that, right?"

She figured just reducing everything by half would make it easier.

(Yes.)

Cain froze.

"Right, Everians are weaklings... Uh... let's lower it then... Uh... 100 minus 50 is... 50...? Right? Yeah, definitely." Cain thought to herself, before raising her hands and signing: "How about... 50 pushups, 50 situps, 50 squats, and uh... a 5 kilometer run? You can do that, right?"

She figured just reducing everything by half would make it easier.
"I suppose that would be better-" She said, still concerned about it, but figuring that she could use her mysticism to help herself out as she eases into it.

(Roblox playing didn't go well, retreating to RP for copium.)

The next day...

"Stay still, Jeanne..."

"I-I'm trying...! It hurts...!"

"Still...!"

Velen's magic circles wrapped around Jeanne's right arm, scarlet fire erupting from the limb. Slowly, the magic circles began to layer onto each other, akin to bandages. Jeanne barely held back a shriek of pain as Velen did this, the violent burning sensation in her chest and arm nearly enough to make her pass out... But, eventually, it was done. After applying his magic to Jeanne's body, he wrapped several bandages around her right arm, to hide it's "demonic" appearance, knowing Jeanne wouldn't want such a thing seen in public.

"Haaaaa... Ha..." Jeanne breathed out as the flames subsided, "Th-Thank you, S-Sir... S-Sir Velen..." She heaved out.

"It is of no consequence, Jeanne... We can't have you out on the field today barely able to stay standing from pain..." Velen explained, "You are ready, yes...?"

"I... I-I am... I believe so, at least..." Jeanne said, before she forced out a chuckle. "I-I've... n-never been to an... Everian settlement before..."

"Well, consider this a new experience, Jeanne..." Velen said with a chuckle, "The chances of the leyline manifesting in Aegis are quite high, though, so..."

"I... I know, sir Velen. I... we, will all be on our guard." Jeanne assured him, before nodding as nervousness began to rise within her breast... The City of Aegis, capital of the continent of Everians, the City in Argus with the densest Everian population, a City of Magic, Sorcery, Wonder... She'd only heard about it in the weekly paper that her village was provided with when she was a young girl, she never imagined she'd actually ever visit the city.

"The... level of magical engineering in such a place must be astonishing..." Jeanne murmured.

"Indeed, it is without a doubt on another level from any other city in this section of Argus, given it's population is mostly comprised of Everians..." Velen explained, "And its been that way for centuries now. Did you know that I was there when the first High King of Aegis took the throne?"

"N-No... That's... amazing, Sir Velen!" Jeanne said in astonishment, the nervousness in her chest slowly subsiding. "You m-must have many stories to tell."

"Hah! Indeed I do, but, let's not dwell on that for now. First, go gather your comrades and brief them on our current mission." Velen ordered.

"O-Of course, S-Sir Velen...!" Jeanne said as she got up from the bed of the dungeon within the cathedral, breathing heavily. She winced a bit as she tried to walk, before breathing out.

"Do not push yourself, Ms. Valentina." Velen said, "Your still in critical condition..."

"I... I know. I will do my best to regulate my activity, Sir Velen." Jeanne said, nodding. "Th-Though, I must ask..."

"What is it?" Velen inquired, looking her in the eyes.

"Why am I the one you told about the mission...? Couldn't you have gathered everyone and gave a briefing on your own...?" Jeanne questioned, clearly immensely confused, and curious about why she was chosen to be the bearer of information on the group's latest mission.

"Well... Let's just say your connection with the group is deeper rooted than mine. They all see you as a dear friend." Velen explained, "It's easier for you, someone their more comfortable around, to approach them, instead of myself, a figure of great authority and power."

"O-Oh! I... believe that makes sense. Thank you for your explanation, S-Sir Velen..." Jeanne said, nodding. "I-I... I w-will be off now!"

"Alright, then. Remember, Jeanne, do not push yourself." Velen said once more, his voice firm, akin to how a parent would address a child.

Jeanne nodded once more, "Y-yes, sir...!" She said, before beginning to move out of the dungeon, sweating a bit. She breathed out as she exited the area, shaking her head.

"S-Stop... st-stuttering... My tongue..." Jeanne coughed a bit, a burning sensation running along her tongue and throat. The significant burning from the flames that consumed her flesh charred her from within, making it hard to breathe, hard to speak. But she couldn't let that get in her way. She puffed out her chest, and began moving to locate everyone.

(Here's the chance to describe where your character's are(except for Lou and BBB, yall are about to be introduced shortly), so Jeanne can gather them.)

Siglos slowly rolled over, the tattered, broken mattress depressing with his slight shift in movement. The broken remains of the bed frame lay around him, the Everian barely avoiding being poked by one of the jagged pieces of wood that had splintered from the structure. A light yawn escaped his lips, his eyes beginning to flutter as his body slowly returned to consciousness.

As he awoke, the lingering soreness of the prior night entered his brain, the man letting out a soft whimper in his half-conscious state. It was a constant, dull pain that seemed to have spread everywhere within his body. It reminded Siglos of when he had fallen into a ravine during his travels, how his body had been repeatedly slammed against the hard, jagged rocks as he tumbled down into the depths. He had almost died then, but, from what he could only imagine was the blessing of Ophelius herself, he survived to live another day.

Siglos winced again, his thoughts returning to the presents. Groggily, he brought himself upright, rubbing the sleep from his vision.

"...S-Sylvia...?" Siglos called out quietly.

(Roblox playing didn't go well, retreating to RP for copium.)

The next day...

"Stay still, Jeanne..."

"I-I'm trying...! It hurts...!"

"Still...!"

Velen's magic circles wrapped around Jeanne's right arm, scarlet fire erupting from the limb. Slowly, the magic circles began to layer onto each other, akin to bandages. Jeanne barely held back a shriek of pain as Velen did this, the violent burning sensation in her chest and arm nearly enough to make her pass out... But, eventually, it was done. After applying his magic to Jeanne's body, he wrapped several bandages around her right arm, to hide it's "demonic" appearance, knowing Jeanne wouldn't want such a thing seen in public.

"Haaaaa... Ha..." Jeanne breathed out as the flames subsided, "Th-Thank you, S-Sir... S-Sir Velen..." She heaved out.

"It is of no consequence, Jeanne... We can't have you out on the field today barely able to stay standing from pain..." Velen explained, "You are ready, yes...?"

"I... I-I am... I believe so, at least..." Jeanne said, before she forced out a chuckle. "I-I've... n-never been to an... Everian settlement before..."

"Well, consider this a new experience, Jeanne..." Velen said with a chuckle, "The chances of the leyline manifesting in Aegis are quite high, though, so..."

"I... I know, sir Velen. I... we, will all be on our guard." Jeanne assured him, before nodding as nervousness began to rise within her breast... The City of Aegis, capital of the continent of Everians, the City in Argus with the densest Everian population, a City of Magic, Sorcery, Wonder... She'd only heard about it in the weekly paper that her village was provided with when she was a young girl, she never imagined she'd actually ever visit the city.

"The... level of magical engineering in such a place must be astonishing..." Jeanne murmured.

"Indeed, it is without a doubt on another level from any other city in this section of Argus, given it's population is mostly comprised of Everians..." Velen explained, "And its been that way for centuries now. Did you know that I was there when the first High King of Aegis took the throne?"

"N-No... That's... amazing, Sir Velen!" Jeanne said in astonishment, the nervousness in her chest slowly subsiding. "You m-must have many stories to tell."

"Hah! Indeed I do, but, let's not dwell on that for now. First, go gather your comrades and brief them on our current mission." Velen ordered.

"O-Of course, S-Sir Velen...!" Jeanne said as she got up from the bed of the dungeon within the cathedral, breathing heavily. She winced a bit as she tried to walk, before breathing out.

"Do not push yourself, Ms. Valentina." Velen said, "Your still in critical condition..."

"I... I know. I will do my best to regulate my activity, Sir Velen." Jeanne said, nodding. "Th-Though, I must ask..."

"What is it?" Velen inquired, looking her in the eyes.

"Why am I the one you told about the mission...? Couldn't you have gathered everyone and gave a briefing on your own...?" Jeanne questioned, clearly immensely confused, and curious about why she was chosen to be the bearer of information on the group's latest mission.

"Well... Let's just say your connection with the group is deeper rooted than mine. They all see you as a dear friend." Velen explained, "It's easier for you, someone their more comfortable around, to approach them, instead of myself, a figure of great authority and power."

"O-Oh! I... believe that makes sense. Thank you for your explanation, S-Sir Velen..." Jeanne said, nodding. "I-I... I w-will be off now!"

"Alright, then. Remember, Jeanne, do not push yourself." Velen said once more, his voice firm, akin to how a parent would address a child.

Jeanne nodded once more, "Y-yes, sir...!" She said, before beginning to move out of the dungeon, sweating a bit. She breathed out as she exited the area, shaking her head.

"S-Stop... st-stuttering... My tongue..." Jeanne coughed a bit, a burning sensation running along her tongue and throat. The significant burning from the flames that consumed her flesh charred her from within, making it hard to breathe, hard to speak. But she couldn't let that get in her way. She puffed out her chest, and began moving to locate everyone.

(Here's the chance to describe where your character's are(except for Lou and BBB, yall are about to be introduced shortly), so Jeanne can gather them.)
A black hooded figure was walking down a hill of sorts. They or presumably a "he", look down at the ground, finding no one in sight. (My dude's far away.)

Khadgar meditated outdoors, small blue flames floating around him

Kargath was training, tearing apart various training dummies constantly, making himself faster in training
Jeanne decided to find Khadgar first, moving to the outdoor portion of the floating cathedral, sun beaming onto the golden floor below.
Siglos slowly rolled over, the tattered, broken mattress depressing with his slight shift in movement. The broken remains of the bed frame lay around him, the Everian barely avoiding being poked by one of the jagged pieces of wood that had splintered from the structure. A light yawn escaped his lips, his eyes beginning to flutter as his body slowly returned to consciousness.

As he awoke, the lingering soreness of the prior night entered his brain, the man letting out a soft whimper in his half-conscious state. It was a constant, dull pain that seemed to have spread everywhere within his body. It reminded Siglos of when he had fallen into a ravine during his travels, how his body had been repeatedly slammed against the hard, jagged rocks as he tumbled down into the depths. He had almost died then, but, from what he could only imagine was the blessing of Ophelius herself, he survived to live another day.

Siglos winced again, his thoughts returning to the presents. Groggily, he brought himself upright, rubbing the sleep from his vision.

"...S-Sylvia...?" Siglos called out quietly.
Sylvia was still asleep, curled up into a ball at the edge of the room. Her wings coiled around her, almost instinctively to keep her warm, the limbs seeming to be used as a blanket for her bare body.

Siglos slowly brought himself to his feet, his weakened knees nearly buckling as he tried to stand. Slowly, he began his trek across the broken remains of the room, carefully placing his feet to avoid the cracks in the ground and piles of debris. After a few moments, he had reached her, the Everian taking a seat a few feet away from his sleeping mate.

"...Sylvia..." Siglos said softly. He stared at the woman for several long moments, almost transfixed. This woman...had almost killed him. She had broken every bone in his body, brought him to the point where it had been a miracle he could recover it all. He trembled at the thought, a violently shudder running down his spine. And yet...he wasn't afraid. Despite everything that happened, he couldn't bring himself to feel fear toward the woman. She...was one of the only people he had met, that had truly shown him kindness, shown him love more than he thought he'd ever experience...or deserved. The fear he had experienced when he first met the woman was gone now, the Everian simply desiring to stay with her for as long as he could.

He shook himself out of his thoughts, taking a small breath. He reached out to touch her wings...before pulling back, figuring catching Sylvia off guard wouldn't be the...best idea, his first time cuddling with her still fresh in his memory. Shaking his head, he stayed where he was.

"...Sylvia..." Siglos said, a bit louder this time.

"Mrg..." Sylvia grunted as her name was called, her wings beginning to unravel from her body. Her eyes gently opened, a deep, black sclera surrounding the green spirals that were her pupils as she sat up.
Siglos raised his arm, the limb trembling slightly as he waved at her.

"...G-good morning, Syliva..." Siglos said softly. He flashed her a small, shaky smile, using his other hand to push the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes. His gaze focused on her mouth, checking to see if her tongue was still injured from the previous night.

Khadgar sensed the disturbance, the flames instantly arming into floating mines until Khadgar realized it was a friend and dispersed them
"O-Oh-" Jeanne was startled and clearly so, before shaking her head.

"S-Sorry, Khadgar... I didn't mean t-to alarm y-you!"
Siglos raised his arm, the limb trembling slightly as he waved at her.

"...G-good morning, Syliva..." Siglos said softly. He flashed her a small, shaky smile, using his other hand to push the hair that had fallen in front of his eyes. His gaze focused on her mouth, checking to see if her tongue was still injured from the previous night.
Sylvia grumbled, the black in her sclera slowly disappearing.

"Good... m-morning..." She said as she spoke, her tongue seeming to have... partially healed. Some of it was still torn up, but she could speak.

Sylvia grumbled, the black in her sclera slowly disappearing.

"Good... m-morning..." She said as she spoke, her tongue seeming to have... partially healed. Some of it was still torn up, but she could speak.
"Y-you...y-you sound b-better! H-how i-is...y-your tongue?" He asked softly.

"W-we...w-we can g-go find Saffi i-if it still h-hurts." He added.

"Then allow me to join you, but just remember to take it easy, okay?" Khadgar said, reaching jeanne and breathing out
"A-Alright, Kh-Khadgar. Y-Your concern i-is appreciated..." Jeanne said, bowing to him.
"Y-you...y-you sound b-better! H-how i-is...y-your tongue?" He asked softly.

"W-we...w-we can g-go find Saffi i-if it still h-hurts." He added.
"It's... fine. It... n-n-never... hurt... to begi-...n w-w-i...th..." Sylvia said, her torn up tongue making it a bit hard to pronounce a few words.

"It's... fine. It... n-n-never... hurt... to begi-...n w-w-i...th..." Sylvia said, her torn up tongue making it a bit hard to pronounce a few words.
Siglos's eye widened. Even after seeing the woman injured, he couldn't help but be surprised by her pain tolerance. He hesitated for a moment, glancing at her tongue, before slowly nodding.

"A-as l-long as i-it isn't...t-troubling you...i-i'm happy..." Siglos said softly, flashing her a small smile. Though worry crept into his tone despite his words.

"...I-I'm g-going t-to t-take a shower s-soon. I-is t-there a-anything you n-need b-before I do...?" Siglos said softly. He glanced down at his body, his normally pale, soft flesh covered in a mixture of dried sweat and grime. Though neither of them minded, it's likely he smelled awful as well.

Last edited:
Back