• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

She flew back a bit. "Hmm...why don't you show me how you fight? Perhaps I can learn from watching you." She outstretched her hands. "If you feel your skills would be best demonstrated on an opponent, feel free to come for me." It was clear that she was going to use her mysticism if Cain decided to fight in order to demonstrate.
"I fight with weapons you'd be poor at handling. You wouldn't get anything from me fighting you..." Cain signed, "Before I show you any fancy tricks and potentially cut many of your vital arteries, you need to learn the basics. As in, you need to know how to punch and kick without sucking royally..."
the young Dragoness continue searching, a weakness then she thought "She is using a Qi technique? maybe" she activating her ability to see the flow of energy for giving a quick scan
Jeanne didn't seem to be employing any of her internal energy currently, slowly stepping forward into Noah's range.

"I fight with weapons you'd be poor at handling. You wouldn't get anything from me fighting you..." Cain signed, "Before I show you any fancy tricks and potentially cut many of your vital arteries, you need to learn the basics. As in, you need to know how to punch and kick without sucking royally..."
(Saffi gonna be practicing the same punch and be on her Netero training)

"I suppose you're right..." Saffi continued to punch the air, the odd thing was that her stance changed every 2 or so times...like she still wasn't quite sure what to do with her legs while she punched.

Noah also evolved her own defense, applying force or adjusting her sword position to parry attacks more easily by slightly changing Jeanne's attack end when both swords touch the other
Despite Noah's attempts to change the course of Jeanne's strike, her blade remained straight and true on its path, with Jeanne dashing forward and moving to rush Noah.
"I suppose you're right..." Saffi continued to punch the air, the odd thing was that her stance changed every 2 or so times...like she still wasn't quite sure what to do with her legs while she punched.
Cain looked down at Saffi's stance, squinting her eyes slightly as she observed her stance. She moved closer to Saffi and bent down a bit, just observing Saffi's legs with an Eagle Eye.

Cain looked down at Saffi's stance, squinting her eyes slightly as she observed her stance. She moved closer to Saffi and bent down a bit, just observing Saffi's legs with an Eagle Eye.
Saffi began somewhat nervous as Cain examined her stance. While she didn't notice it, small gusts of wind came in the direction she punched, like a gentle breeze. It was more of an innate emotional response causing her to use her magic due to her slight anxiety. It was one of those things that she didn't even recognize that she was doing at the moment.

Noah took two steps back allowing Jeanne to back away a bit, she too is probably thinking how to proceed without being overwhelmed by her opponent's defense and counterattack.

"......" she took a step to the left as if she wanted her and Jeanne to generate a circle
Jeanne moved to the right, scouting Noah, trying to anticipate and predict the Dragoness' next move as she continued to use this time to catch her breathe.
Saffi began somewhat nervous as Cain examined her stance. While she didn't notice it, small gusts of wind came in the direction she punched, like a gentle breeze. It was more of an innate emotional response causing her to use her magic due to her slight anxiety. It was one of those things that she didn't even recognize that she was doing at the moment.
"You have very nice legs."

Cain proceeded to sign as she stood up, seemingly having completed her observation.

"You have very nice legs."

Cain proceeded to sign as she stood up, seemingly having completed her observation.
She kind of paused after Cain said it, not fully sure what she meant by it or how to respond. "I uh...I think this is the better stance, don't you?" Her stance was simple, her legs were slightly bent and she was somewhat turned. It was like that of a modern boxer's.

Noah keeps pressing with the attack, she used her sword to push through Jeanne's defense, sweeping her leg to throw her off balance.
Jeanne leapt into the air narrowly and dodged the leg sweep, pivoting her hip and delivering a mighty slash while in midair to knock Noah back.
She took a try doing as Cain asked. "I see. Thank you!" She said...it was still clear that she wasn't an expert, but her punches at least looked pretty good for now. "Should I try moving onto kicks?"
Dhei so far watched Cain and Saffi still going at their training, from a distance, all he thought of so far was how Cain is quite good at teaching, its easy to tell she is born from a warrior tribe from all of that
Cain would glance at Dhei, sensing his presence on her as her golden eyes dilated into slits for a moment, akin to a feline's before she turned back to Saffi.

"If you want to. Like I said, you have very nice legs, so kicks would suit your build if you want to make them part of your main fighting style, physically, that is. Sylvia would be able to give you more pointers on kicking, though." Cain signed to Saffi.

Cain would glance at Dhei, sensing his presence on her as her golden eyes dilated into slits for a moment, akin to a feline's before she turned back to Saffi.

"If you want to. Like I said, you have very nice legs, so kicks would suit your build if you want to make them part of your main fighting style, physically, that is. Sylvia would be able to give you more pointers on kicking, though." Cain signed to Saffi.
"I suppose so..." She said. "I think the main work will be discovering how I can make my combat unique to me. Sylvia's legs are powerful and she uses that to her advantage, and you've said yourself that you are skilled with weaponry. Mysticism is a part of me now...I want to continue to learn how I may be able to use that in my closer-ranged combat."

"I suppose so..." She said. "I think the main work will be discovering how I can make my combat unique to me. Sylvia's legs are powerful and she uses that to her advantage, and you've said yourself that you are skilled with weaponry. Mysticism is a part of me now...I want to continue to learn how I may be able to use that in my closer-ranged combat."
Cain proceeded to shrug, "Enhance your physical strength with magic." She signed, a basic suggestion that clearly lacked much care or thought.

Cain proceeded to shrug, "Enhance your physical strength with magic." She signed, a basic suggestion that clearly lacked much care or thought.
"I don't know if I can do that yet...I was able to do it with others as I did with Diana, but it hasn't quite been successful on myself yet, it's a technique I only discovered fairly recently which is why its enhancement is so low..."

Noah stared at Jeanne unblinkingly, waiting and wondering which of the thousands of possible attacks she would launch.
Jeanne stood a bit away from Noah, analyzing her moves. She replayed their fight in her head.

"She seems quite a bit stronger than I am... And equally as skilled... I doubt I'll be able to get her to surrender with the way things are going." Jeanne thought to herself, before breathing out. Very slowly, she would lower her sword.

"I think I would like to call this spar your win, Noah." She said politely, "I don't think I'd be able to best you right now..."
"I don't know if I can do that yet...I was able to do it with others as I did with Diana, but it hasn't quite been successful on myself yet, it's a technique I only discovered fairly recently which is why its enhancement is so low..."
"Then practice that in tandem with your physical training." Cain signed, this time it seemed to be a more thought out suggestion. "I can give you a general workout routine to help you out when your not training strictly technique."

Back