• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"How... little you've done for me...?" Sylvia muttered, "Siglos... you haven't been doing little for me... What are you on about...?"
“...Y-you...y-you do n-not n-need to...p-pretend m-my love...” Siglos murmured. He took a shaky breath, leaning his head against the wall.

“I-I k-know you...you’ve b-been...s-struggling. W-with your...o-own hardships. A-and y-yet...I-I do...n-nothing. Nothing b-but g-grow more...d-dependent on y-you...b-by the day.” Siglos said softly.

“...Y-you...y-you do n-not n-need to...p-pretend m-my love...” Siglos murmured. He took a shaky breath, leaning his head against the wall.

“I-I k-know you...you’ve b-been...s-struggling. W-with your...o-own hardships. A-and y-yet...I-I do...n-nothing. Nothing b-but g-grow more...d-dependent on y-you...b-by the day.” Siglos said softly.
"Siglos, I'm not pretending... I don't have a problem with you depending on me... I want you to depend on me, Siglos. I want to help." Sylvia said. Her voice hardened, clearly she was serious about this.

"Siglos, I'm not pretending... I don't have a problem with you depending on me... I want you to depend on me, Siglos. I want to help." Sylvia said. Her voice hardened, clearly she was serious about this.
Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...W-why?" Siglos asked. His eyes shut tighter, the Everian's flesh beginning to tremble.

"...I'm u-useless, I've a-always B-BEEN useless. O-one d-day...y-you'll r-realize t-that. O-one d-day...y-you'll despise it....J-just l-like...h-he did...

Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly shaking his head.

"...W-why?" Siglos asked. His eyes shut tighter, the Everian's flesh beginning to tremble.

"...I'm u-useless, I've a-always B-BEEN useless. O-one d-day...y-you'll r-realize t-that. O-one d-day...y-you'll despise it....J-just l-like...h-he did...
Sylvia clenched her fists as she heard Siglos's words. She breathed out, beginning to calm herself once more. This continued for a few long moments. She didn't know what to say.

"Siglos... You're..."

She tried to get the words out.

"You're... talented, Siglos."

"You can... give people things. That... make them happy. And... improve... their lives...! Without even being trained in enchanting or craftsmanship... You make all these... wonderful things... I could never do that."

"And... you... You're..."

"...Kind...!"

"You make friends easier than you think. And you're good at making conversation, and you... you brighten people's day... when you speak..."

"...And you're... cowardly, yes, but... committed. You... took up this job even though you knew you could potentially die. Even though... you knew that you may have to potentially face your past... You're... brave."

"And... And you're..."

"...Gentle... And sweet... Like... Like a rabbit."

"....."

"...All I can... do is..."

"...Destroy things. And kill..."

"And kill..."

"And kill... and kill and kill..."

"But Siglos... Or... whatever your actual name is. You... make things. Real, tangible things that help people. You help people... You make them happy... And you... comfort them. And make them feel better..."

"...And I could never do that. I could never do anything that you can do, Siglos."

"Because... You're better than I am, Siglos."

Sylvia clenched her fists as she heard Siglos's words. She breathed out, beginning to calm herself once more. This continued for a few long moments. She didn't know what to say.

"Siglos... You're..."

"You can... give people things. That... make them happy. And... improve... their lives...! Without even being trained in enchanting or craftsmanship... You make all these... wonderful things... I could never do that."

"...Kind...!"

"You make friends easier than you think. And you're good at making conversation, and you... you brighten people's day... when you speak..."

"...And you're... cowardly, yes, but... committed. You... took up this job even though you knew you could potentially die. Even though... you knew that you may have to potentially face your past... You're... brave."

"And... And you're..."

"....."

"And kill..."

"But Siglos... Or... whatever your actual name is. You... make things. Real, tangible things that help people. You help people... You make them happy... And you... comfort them. And make them feel better..."

"...And I could never do that. I could never do anything that you can do, Siglos."

iglos's eyes began to open, his gaze shifting to look at Sylvia for the first time since he had asked to speak. He said nothing for a few long moments, his mind blank. He had...never been complimented to that extent. He was...stunned, trying to understand how Sylvia could say those things, how she could honestly believe he was worth...anything. For a few long moments, he sat there in silence, simply looking at her.

"......."

"...I...n-never t-thought y-you w-were a killer...Sylvia. Y-you...a-are the k-kindest...m-most g-gentle soul...I've e-ever met..." He murmured. He stood up suddenly, his legs trembling as he moved towards her, wrapping his arms around her leg.

"...I n-never...n-never saw y-you...a-as a d-destroyer. Y-you've...c-created...m-more h-happiness i-in m-my life...t-then...t-then I've...e-ever....e-ever e-experienced. T-than I...e-ever...t-thought I deserved..."

"....sturdy as a pillar...yet softer than a pillow. Powerful a-as a hammer...y-yet c-can carve the most p-perfect shapes in stone. A-as b-beautiful as a gem, e-even i-in the midst o-of a battlefield..."

"...Y-you a-are m-more brave. M-more g-graceful...m-more...fantastic...t-then I c-could e-ever hope t-to be, m-my love..."

"...A-and I l-love y-you...w-with a-all of my heart and soul..." He pressed his face into her leg, tears streaming down his face.

iglos's eyes began to open, his gaze shifting to look at Sylvia for the first time since he had asked to speak. He said nothing for a few long moments, his mind blank. He had...never been complimented to that extent. He was...stunned, trying to understand how Sylvia could say those things, how she could honestly believe he was worth...anything. For a few long moments, he sat there in silence, simply looking at her.

"......."

"...I...n-never t-thought y-you w-were a killer...Sylvia. Y-you...a-are the k-kindest...m-most g-gentle soul...I've e-ever met..." He murmured. He stood up suddenly, his legs trembling as he moved towards her, wrapping his arms around her leg.

"...I n-never...n-never saw y-you...a-as a d-destroyer. Y-you've...c-created...m-more h-happiness i-in m-my life...t-then...t-then I've...e-ever....e-ever e-experienced. T-than I...e-ever...t-thought I deserved..."

"....sturdy as a pillar...yet softer than a pillow. Powerful a-as a hammer...y-yet c-can carve the most p-perfect shapes in stone. A-as b-beautiful as a gem, e-even i-in the midst o-of a battlefield..."

"...Y-you a-are m-more brave. M-more g-graceful...m-more...fantastic...t-then I c-could e-ever hope t-to be, m-my love..."

"...A-and I l-love y-you...w-with a-all of my heart and soul..." He pressed his face into her leg, tears streaming down his face.
"......"

"......"

"...You're saying that because you're biased, Siglos..."

"If you... If you knew the real me.. The me I hide... The me that... the me that I try so hard to erase..."

"...."

"...You wouldn't be saying that."

"......"

"......"

"...You're saying that because you're biased, Siglos..."

"If you... If you knew the real me.. The me I hide... The me that... the me that I try so hard to erase..."

"...."

"...You wouldn't be saying that."
“......” Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply hugging her leg as tightly as he could muster.

“...I...I-I c-can’t...say...i-i’m not biased. I...I c-can’t...claim t-to k-know...e-everything a-about you or...w-what you've done...” He murmured.

“...B-but I...I know...you are the woman I-I...fell I-in love with. A-and...as l-long as you'll have me...”

“I will always be your rabbit.” He said softly.

“......” Siglos said nothing for a moment, simply hugging her leg as tightly as he could muster.

“...I...I-I c-can’t...say...i-i’m not biased. I...I c-can’t...claim t-to k-know...e-everything a-about you or...w-what you've done...” He murmured.

“...B-but I...I know...you are the woman I-I...fell I-in love with. A-and...as l-long as you'll have me...”

“I will always be your rabbit.” He said softly.
"......" Sylvia clenched her fists. She, again, didn't know what to say.

"...."

"...Haaa...."

She sighed.

"I don't know who I am, Siglos..."

"I don't... I can't..."

"I'm always... fighting... this other side of me... keeping it from overcoming me... and erasing everything that I am..."

"...And I don't know how I... keep moving forward like that...."

"......" Sylvia clenched her fists. She, again, didn't know what to say.

"...."

"...Haaa...."

She sighed.

"I don't know who I am, Siglos..."

"I don't... I can't..."

"I'm always... fighting... this other side of me... keeping it from overcoming me... and erasing everything that I am..."

"...And I don't know how I... keep moving forward like that...."
Siglos said nothing for a while, before slowly breathing out.

"...Is t-there...a-any way...y-you can...avoid f-fighting it?" Siglos said softly.

"...A way we can...m-make b-both sides...work in... harmony?"

"...I...w-want to find o-out...w-who y-you are, Sylvia...all o-of you..."

Siglos said nothing for a while, before slowly breathing out.

"...Is t-there...a-any way...y-you can...avoid f-fighting it?" Siglos said softly.

"...A way we can...m-make b-both sides...work in... harmony?"

"...I...w-want to find o-out...w-who y-you are, Sylvia...all o-of you..."
"......"

"I've tried not fighting it, Siglos..."

"I've tried... conquering my instincts... Working with them... Like Cain does..."

Sylvia breathed out, shaking her head.

"But when I do... I... I... I feel like... It's taking me over... Like it's trying to... m-make me... make me hurt others..."

And she breathed out once more.

"Like during our... uh... private times. I lose control, and... can't control myself... I hurt you... even when I don't want to..."

And she trembled...

"I... d-don't want... to hurt people... I don't want to..."

"...Be a monster..."

"......"

"I've tried not fighting it, Siglos..."

"I've tried... conquering my instincts... Working with them... Like Cain does..."

Sylvia breathed out, shaking her head.

"But when I do... I... I... I feel like... It's taking me over... Like it's trying to... m-make me... make me hurt others..."

And she breathed out once more.

"Like during our... uh... private times. I lose control, and... can't control myself... I hurt you... even when I don't want to..."

And she trembled...

"I... d-don't want... to hurt people... I don't want to..."

"...Be a monster..."
Siglos gently ran a hand along her trembling leg, hoping to provide some modicum of comfort as they talked.

“...Y-you...w-won’t become a-a monster, m-my love. W-we’ll...w-we’ll find s-some...s-some way to help y-you...” Siglos said softly.

“...H-have...h-have y-you...considered...t-talking to Velen?”

Siglos gently ran a hand along her trembling leg, hoping to provide some modicum of comfort as they talked.

“...Y-you...w-won’t become a-a monster, m-my love. W-we’ll...w-we’ll find s-some...s-some way to help y-you...” Siglos said softly.

“...H-have...h-have y-you...considered...t-talking to Velen?”
"No... I... I have to..." Sylvia let out a sigh, shaking her head.

"...I have to face this. I can't rely on others like Velen to pull me out of this... I need to..."

"Face my inner demons..."
(What were Jeanne and Saffi doing in the meantime again?)
(No idea. Figured they were talking about something off-screen, but never initiated a real conversation.)

"No... I... I have to..." Sylvia let out a sigh, shaking her head.

"...I have to face this. I can't rely on others like Velen to pull me out of this... I need to..."

"Face my inner demons..."
Siglos said nothing at that, simply resting his cheek against her lower thigh. He took a soft breath, before speaking.

“L-let m-me help y-you, S-Sylvia. I...I d-don’t want you to go t-through this a-alone.” He murmured.

Siglos said nothing at that, simply resting his cheek against her lower thigh. He took a soft breath, before speaking.

“L-let m-me help y-you, S-Sylvia. I...I d-don’t want you to go t-through this a-alone.” He murmured.
"I don't want to hurt you Siglos... You're... the last one out of anyone I want to hurt. Not anymore than you've already been hurt..." Sylvia muttered.

"Siglos... You're..."

"...Kind...!"

"And... And you're..."

"....."

"And kill..."

(Sylvia is a W. Siglos is a W.)

(Based)

"I don't want to hurt you Siglos... You're... the last one out of anyone I want to hurt. Not anymore than you've already been hurt..." Sylvia muttered.
“.....”

“I-it...hurts me...t-to see y-you suffer, S-Sylvia. I…I would r-rather…h-help y-you…and g-get hurt…t-then…w-watch y-you suffer in s-silence…” Siglos said softly.

(Aight where were we-)
(Based)

“.....”

“I-it...hurts me...t-to see y-you suffer, S-Sylvia. I…I would r-rather…h-help y-you…and g-get hurt…t-then…w-watch y-you suffer in s-silence…” Siglos said softly.
"...And how can you be okay with that...? I... I could really... k-kill you, Siglos... Do you understand that? I c-could tear you in half... o-or bite your head off...! How can you be okay with that...!?" Sylvia questioned, her trembling intensifying.

(Aight where were we-)

"...And how can you be okay with that...? I... I could really... k-kill you, Siglos... Do you understand that? I c-could tear you in half... o-or bite your head off...! How can you be okay with that...!?" Sylvia questioned, her trembling intensifying.
Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments, a sad smile slowly stretching across his lips.

"....I-I...k-knew the risks...ever since...w-we first cuddled...my darling..." Siglos said softly.

"...I-Is it so strange...t-that I love y-you...enough t-to accept the danger?"

Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments, a sad smile slowly stretching across his lips.

"....I-I...k-knew the risks...ever since...w-we first cuddled...my darling..." Siglos said softly.

"...I-Is it so strange...t-that I love y-you...enough t-to accept the danger?"
"I... It.... not... many people would put themselves in that much risk... for love... Not when they could... die..." Sylvia muttered, breathing out.

"I... It.... not... many people would put themselves in that much risk... for love... Not when they could... die..." Sylvia muttered, breathing out.
“Well...those people d-don’t have a m-mate a-as wonderful as you, I s-suppose” Siglos said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. He pressed his cheek against her thigh, taking a soft breath.

“...Y-you are...more t-than worth...t-the risk, my love.”

“Well...those people d-don’t have a m-mate a-as wonderful as you, I s-suppose” Siglos said, a soft chuckle escaping his lips. He pressed his cheek against her thigh, taking a soft breath.

“...Y-you are...more t-than worth...t-the risk, my love.”
Sylvia let out a shaky breath, looking down at Siglos. She wanted to believe him... Desperately wanted to believe that they could make this work even with all the potential risks that may arise... She wanted to believe it...

"I just... I don't know... I love you to much to hurt you..." She said nervously.

Sylvia let out a shaky breath, looking down at Siglos. She wanted to believe him... Desperately wanted to believe that they could make this work even with all the potential risks that may arise... She wanted to believe it...

"I just... I don't know... I love you to much to hurt you..." She said nervously.
“...M-my mind was made u-up...t-the moment you a-asked me t-to be your mate, Sylvia...” Siglos said softly.

“Through h-hardship or strife...I am yours. N-no pain can e-equal...the gift of your love...”

Sylvia let out another breath, her trembling beginning to disappear slowly, but surely... She was afraid. Afraid she would hurt him. Afraid she would ruin everything and prove correct all of her worse fears. But...

"....."

"I-If... y-you're... willing to... try, my darling... Th-Then I'm... also willing to as well. We can... work through our issues... together."

She said with the tiniest of smiles.

Back