• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Shalor began breathing heavily, like he was running, his legs were twitching as well before his eyes closed hard as they could, like he was protecting them from something,
Now Noah looked at this with a lot of concern, she would like to enter the boy's mind and heal him but she couldn't and that would probably do more harm than good.

The Dragoness try to think of a way to ease his pain, the only thing that came to her mind was to sing to him like her mother used to do and that's what she did

Last edited:
Siglos breathed out, clearly a bit relieved that she wasn't opposed to cooking another meal for him.

"T-thank y-you. I...I d-don't n-need anything...complex. A...s-salad, would s-suffice." He said softly.
"Sounds good..." Alexia mumbled, yawning.

"First I... need to get the ingredients... I think we're out of lettuce... And dressing... Then I need to... get you your room key... after that I need to fix that leak in the bathroom... And the busted bed... And the... ugh...! One at a time, Alexia..." She rambled to herself, counting off the tasks she needed to complete.

"Sounds good..." Alexia mumbled, yawning.

"First I... need to get the ingredients... I think we're out of lettuce... And dressing... Then I need to... get you your room key... after that I need to fix that leak in the bathroom... And the busted bed... And the... ugh...! One at a time, Alexia..." She rambled to herself, counting off the tasks she needed to complete.
“....” Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment.

“I-I can...j-just e-eat whatever you h-have o-on hand. N-no need to create m-more....work f-for yourself.” Siglos said softly.

“....” Siglos stared at her blankly for a moment.

“I-I can...j-just e-eat whatever you h-have o-on hand. N-no need to create m-more....work f-for yourself.” Siglos said softly.
"No... No No, it's fine... Just... haaa..." Alexia yawned once more, stretching out her arms. She gently leaned down a bit, rummaging through the drawer on the receptionist's desk, pulling out a copper key.

"Here's your key... I'll have your food shortly..."

"No... No No, it's fine... Just... haaa..." Alexia yawned once more, stretching out her arms. She gently leaned down a bit, rummaging through the drawer on the receptionist's desk, pulling out a copper key.

"Here's your key... I'll have your food shortly..."
“T-thank you, Alexia. I appreciate t-the service...” He said softly, gingerly taking his key. He reached a hand into his bag, pulling out his coin purse, before placing the money for the room and meal on the desk.

“This should c-cover the c-cost.”

“T-thank you, Alexia. I appreciate t-the service...” He said softly, gingerly taking his key. He reached a hand into his bag, pulling out his coin purse, before placing the money for the room and meal on the desk.

“This should c-cover the c-cost.”
"Yeah... it probably should... I dunno, I don't feel like counting it... Enjoy your stay..." Alexia murmured.

As Siglos got to his room, which was promptly numbered "52" on the door (Noah and Shalor's room is a few doors down), he, with his advanced hearing, would be able to hear someone panting from inside. Someone seemed to already be there.

As Siglos got to his room, which was promptly numbered "52" on the door (Noah and Shalor's room is a few doors down), he, with his advanced hearing, would be able to hear someone panting from inside. Someone seemed to already be there.
Siglos froze for a moment, confusion washing over him. He could hear the panting coming from inside what should have been his room, but couldn't immediately tell who it was, if it was even anyone he knew. He double-checked the room number, making sure he hadn't made a mistake of some kind.

“...Did she give me the wrong key?” Siglos thought. Gingerly, he approached the door, hesitating in front of it for a few long moments, before lightly knocking.

Now Noah looked at this with a lot of concern, she would like to enter the boy's mind and heal him but she couldn't and that would probably do more harm than good.

The Dragoness try to think of a way to ease his pain, the only thing that came to her mind was to sing to him like her mother used to do and that's what she did
That seemed to cause Shalor to wake up, very, very slowly, the light bothering him as hie head slowly turned towards Noah

"N...o...a...h?" He grumbled questioningly

Siglos froze for a moment, confusion washing over him. He could hear the panting coming from inside what should have been his room, but couldn't immediately tell who it was, if it was even anyone he knew. He double-checked the room number, making sure he hadn't made a mistake of some kind.

“...Did she give me the wrong key?” Siglos thought. Gingerly, he approached the door, hesitating in front of it for a few long moments, before lightly knocking.
As Siglos knocked on the door, the panting continued for a few moments, before ceasing completely. Footsteps approached the door, before the person within turned the knob and peered through the door.

"Oh... It's you."

Oh. It was just Cain. Clearly so, by how her golden eyes shined through the cracked open door.

As Siglos knocked on the door, the panting continued for a few moments, before ceasing completely. Footsteps approached the door, before the person within turned the knob and peered through the door.

"Oh... It's you."

Oh. It was just Cain. Clearly so, by how her golden eyes shined through the cracked open door.
Siglos’s body immediately stiffened, the Everian taking the smallest of steps backward.

“O-oh! C-Cain! I...erm...d-didn't realize y-you w-were...uh...staying here. D-did y-you...erm...c-change r-rooms?" Siglos asked, letting out a...rather forced chuckle.

Siglos’s body immediately stiffened, the Everian taking the smallest of steps backward.

“O-oh! C-Cain! I...erm...d-didn't realize y-you w-were...uh...staying here. D-did y-you...erm...c-change r-rooms?" Siglos asked, letting out a...rather forced chuckle.
"...No. This has always been my room. Room 52. It's on the door." Cain muttered, and the number was indeed on the door.

"You probably just never paid attention to it..."

"...No. This has always been my room. Room 52. It's on the door." Cain muttered, and the number was indeed on the door.

"You probably just never paid attention to it..."
"...I-I erm...s-suppose t-that's...probably the case..." Siglos said. He fidgeted slightly, his ears twitching between his ashen hair.

"...W-well...I...u-um....erm...j-just...r-rented a...r-room...f-from uh...Alexia. T-the...Innkeeper..." He mumbled, stumbling over his words.

"...I-I erm...s-suppose t-that's...probably the case..." Siglos said. He fidgeted slightly, his ears twitching between his ashen hair.

"...W-well...I...u-um....erm...j-just...r-rented a...r-room...f-from uh...Alexia. T-the...Innkeeper..." He mumbled, stumbling over his words.
Cain glanced down at the key in Siglos's hand, inspecting it. He wasn't lying, he had a room key, and the number 52 had been engraved on the bronze. She let out a sigh.

"If this is your room as well then just come in." She said, opening the door for him and standing to the side so he could come in, should he choose.

Cain glanced down at the key in Siglos's hand, inspecting it. He wasn't lying, he had a room key, and the number 52 had been engraved on the bronze. She let out a sigh.

"If this is your room as well then just come in." She said, opening the door for him and standing to the side so he could come in, should he choose.
Siglos hesitated for a moment in the doorway, before taking a soft breath, and gingerly walking into the room.

"...A-are you...a-alright w-with me...staying here? I c-can uh...r-request a d-different room..." He asked softly.

Siglos hesitated for a moment in the doorway, before taking a soft breath, and gingerly walking into the room.

"...A-are you...a-alright w-with me...staying here? I c-can uh...r-request a d-different room..." He asked softly.
Cain closed the door gently as Siglos entered the room, "It's fine. The room is big enough for both of us. Try not to slip, though."

Cain closed the door gently as Siglos entered the room, "It's fine. The room is big enough for both of us. Try not to slip, though."
"S-Slip? W-wha-" Before Siglos could complete the sentence, he almost immediately stumbled, losing his footing and falling onto his arse on the ground below. He quickly looked downward, wondering what had made him fall.

"S-Slip? W-wha-" Before Siglos could complete the sentence, he almost immediately stumbled, losing his footing and falling onto his arse on the ground below. He quickly looked downward, wondering what had made him fall.
Siglos found that he was laying in a pile of water... or was it water? Actually, no, on closer inspection, it was a bit thicker than water, and smelled differently. It was... sweat.

"I told you to watch out. I've been training in here." Cain said, sighing.

Siglos found that he was laying in a pile of water... or was it water? Actually, no, on closer inspection, it was a bit thicker than water, and smelled differently. It was... sweat.

"I told you to watch out. I've been training in here." Cain said, sighing.
"O-oh!" Siglos said, realization dawning on him as the familiar smell of sweat reached his nose. He stared at the puddle for a moment, before quickly standing upright, flapping his cloak a few times in an attempt to remove the moisture that had sunken into the fabric.

"...H-how...h-how l-long h-have you been t-training t-to make the floor so..." He trailed off, continuing his attempts to remove the liquid from his clothing.

"...W-wet?"

"O-oh!" Siglos said, realization dawning on him as the familiar smell of sweat reached his nose. He stared at the puddle for a moment, before quickly standing upright, flapping his cloak a few times in an attempt to remove the moisture that had sunken into the fabric.

"...H-how...h-how l-long h-have you been t-training t-to make the floor so..." He trailed off, continuing his attempts to remove the liquid from his clothing.

"...W-wet?"
"A couple of hours, now. I started after Noah got nearly kidnapped. By the way, Noah nearly got kidnapped." Cain said, sitting down on the bed and crossing her legs.

"She's fine. I think." Cain said, shrugging. "We beat the shit out of the assassin and got some info... Wish Noah would've taken his shit, though, especially his cloak and mask."
“O-oh…thank the g-goddess…” Siglos said, breathing out in relief. He glanced around for a moment, before taking a seat on his own bed.

“…W-what happened to the a-assassin, a-after t-that? T-they w-won’t…b-bother her a-again…right?”

“O-oh…thank the g-goddess…” Siglos said, breathing out in relief. He glanced around for a moment, before taking a seat on his own bed.

“…W-what happened to the a-assassin, a-after t-that? T-they w-won’t…b-bother her a-again…right?”
"Noah let them go after they threatened to have their buddy ice you," Cain said, wringing out some sweat from her snow white hair, causing it to pour to the wooden floors.

Siglos said nothing moment, taking a soft, shaky breath.

"...I-I'm...I-I'm s-safe...r-right? T-they...t-they...w-wanted...t-to k-kidnap N-Noah. T-they...they h-have n-no...no reason t-to go...a-after me now..." Siglos said softly.
"Maybe so, maybe not." Cain said, beginning to get up from her bed. "All I know is that apparently the King's death is part of some greater plan for us..."

"Maybe so, maybe not." Cain said, beginning to get up from her bed. "All I know is that apparently the King's death is part of some greater plan for us..."
Cain's response did little to relax Siglos's nerves, the Everian squirming visibly where he sat. He took another, shaky breath, trying to ease his beating heart. A part of him wanted to run to Sylvia, craving the woman's warmth and protection. Another part of him however...was bewildered.

"P-plan...f-for....us?" Siglos said.

"...U-us...a-as in...t-the people of A-Aegis?"

Back