• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I think it's a risk to take, I just hope you're right Jeanne, but well, enough of wasting time and let's go"
"A-Alright...! Stay safe, you two...!" Jeanne said, nodding to Noah and Khadgar as they departed.
“Y-yes! T-there's…t-there’s one in t-the…i-inn. I j-just…” Siglos trailed off. his body trembled, the Everian unable to meet Sylvia's gaze as he stared towards the entrance of the building.

“N-need…need…to…g-go…” He whispered.
"Can't you just go outside if it's number one...?" Sylvia said with a light shrug.

"Can't you just go outside if it's number one...?" Sylvia said with a light shrug.
Siglos froze for a moment. The response was so…unexpected, that, for a moment, he was distracted from his thoughts. As if he had been rolling down a hill, only to be suddenly grabbed and set upright.

“W-wha…? S-Sylvia. T-that’s…t-that’s…p-public i-indecency.” Siglos said blankly.

Siglos froze for a moment. The response was so…unexpected, that, for a moment, he was distracted from his thoughts. As if he had been rolling down a hill, only to be suddenly grabbed and set upright.

“W-wha…? S-Sylvia. T-that’s…t-that’s…p-public i-indecency.” Siglos said blankly.
Sylvia shrugged once again, "Do it in an alleyway where nobody's looking. Not like anybody cleans that shit."

"We are quite powerful ourselves...we may be able to avoid the risk entirely..."
"We are... powerful, yes. But we don't know enough about our enemy to assume our power will be enough to defeat them. If we are to confront them, we should with as much backing as we can get. At least... that's what I believe. It's better safe than sorry, as they say..."

“S-Sylvia…t-the…the city w-was made b-by some o-of the…g-greatest a-architects in Argus. Y-you c-can’t j-just…u-urinate on the g-ground…” Siglos said blankly, now thoroughly bewildered at her suggestion.
Sylvia tilted her head. The history of the city's architecture had very little meaning to her.

She then shrugged one final time, letting Siglos to the ground. "Well, whatever. Hurry up, if you gotta piss. We're still being followed, yknow."

Sylvia tilted her head. The history of the city's architecture had very little meaning to her.

She then shrugged one final time, letting Siglos to the ground. "Well, whatever. Hurry up, if you gotta piss. We're still being followed, yknow."
Siglos nodded numbly. With quick, hurried footsteps, he walked into the inn, not even glancing at the other people within the building as he rushed into one of the open rooms, throwing himself into the adjacent bathroom. He locked the door behind him…before collapsing, taking several, deep, ragged breaths.

“I-I’m…I’m fine…” He whispered to himself. He grabbed a scented ring from his bag, deeply inhaling its thick lavender aroma, as if to overwhelm himself with the sensation. He had almost broken down. Almost broken down in front of her again, as if that wouldn’t confirm every negative thing he thought she felt about him.

“Stupid…stupid…stupid…s-stupid…STUPID…” He muttered to himself angrily. He took another breath, wiping away the tears forming in his eyes. He pressed his head against the wall, his arms wrapping around his knees as he curled into a ball.

“F-five m-minutes…j-just…j-just 5 minutes. I-I need five minutes I-I need…” The young Everian rambled to himself. He forcefully shut his eyes.

"...B-breath..." He told himself. He took a long, deep breath.

"....Ooooh. haaaa."

"...Oooooh. haaaa..."

"Ooooooooh....haaaa"

It was a meditation technique, though Siglos never called it as such. It was simply one way he had forced himself to cope with his life.

Thump....thump....thump...thump.

The sound of his heartbeat eventually reached his ears, the other sensations around him slowly melting away. He stayed like that for several, long moments, focusing on nothing but the idle sounds of his own body.

Last edited:
As Noah and Khadgar went into the vicinity of the castle, they would come to realize that actually getting into the place to talk to the Court Mage, who was presumably in the area, would be much more difficult than they anticipated. The castle was covered by countless upon countless thin layers of magical barriers created by the Court Mage's own icy mana, instantly freezing those without proper authorization to death at absolute zero temperatures.

"What do you two children want? I'm far to busy for your games, so this better be something important..."

Cecilia appeared behind the two of them, cold air rising from the woman's mouth as she let out a sigh and crossed her arms.
"Well, I met one of the people who caused the assassination of the King, we need your help to catch them" Noah began for the important part.

"You know I could have you both legally executed if you're bringing me false information..." Cecilia said, glancing down at both of them. She was clearly on edge with the King's death, and didn't trust the two of them enough to believe they had any relevant information.

Cecilia's eyes narrowed... She still didn't trust them, but, they seemed serious enough. She snapped her fingers, creating an opening in her mana barrier.

"Follow me inside and tell me everything. And avoid the throne room while you're here." She said, immediately beginning to walk.

Cecilia immediately closed the barrier as they entered, leading the two to the inner castle. Once they'd entered through the main gates, she led the two of them to her private chambers. The room was quite large, but that was besides the point.

"Sit down. Pour yourselves some tea. It'll cool your nerves." She said as she manifested a table and two chairs for them to sit in, as well as a white tea kettle and two white tea cups.

"Well then..." Cecilia took her seat, crossing her legs.

"Girl who calls herself Noah, since you were the seeming victim of this incident you tell of, you will speak. Describe to me what happened and what this alleged culprit said to you."

(I'm lazy to make a conversation)

So in the next 5 minutes Noah went on to describe the details of how while she was trying to sleep, this man appeared and tried to kidnap her, her outburst of anger towards the hooded man, their conversation and the plan that she, Khadgar, Jeane and Saffi have to attack what could be the enemy base

(Real.)

Cecilia rubbed her chin, clearly deep in thought about this new information. She could tell by reading Noah's mind that she wasn't lying, so, that was something, at least.

"We've known that there is an underground organization attempting to destabilize Aegis that emerged when the leyline's started appearing for quite a while now... But we never realized they would be so bold as to assassinate the King and attack innocents... For Ophelius's sake..." Cecilia muttered, sighing.

(Real.)

Cecilia rubbed her chin, clearly deep in thought about this new information. She could tell by reading Noah's mind that she wasn't lying, so, that was something, at least.

"We've known that there is an underground organization attempting to destabilize Aegis that emerged when the leyline's started appearing for quite a while now... But we never realized they would be so bold as to assassinate the King and attack innocents... For Ophelius's sake..." Cecilia muttered, sighing.
"Jeanne might also be a target of theirs, so I'd prefer if we acted sooner rather then later, if any forces or anything like that can be spared." Khadgar said, his voice was serious, but at least the tea had calmed him internally a bit

"If these people are who I think they are, then we've been acting against them already for quite some time. The only thing that befuddles me is what importance you people have that they would suddenly become more active at your presence..." Cecilia muttered, her eyes narrowing.

"If these people are who I think they are, then we've been acting against them already for quite some time. The only thing that befuddles me is what importance you people have that they would suddenly become more active at your presence..." Cecilia muttered, her eyes narrowing.
"I guess, I'm weird Dragon considering I'm a white dragon almost gray in color or maybe there's another reason within me, who knows? and Jeanne was affected by a demonic curse so maybe they want that."

"Well, we were sent by Archbishop Velen and have beaten back two attacks from the leylines on a village and a city respectively, plus Jeanne wad afflicted with something(Remember Khadgar wasn't told) during the city leyline raid, so one could call us a... nuisance? But the fact they're targeting the younger members of our group that were around for both is disturbing..."

(I think that's his title, I don't remember lol)

(Whose title-)

Cecilia manifested a tea cup of her own, poured herself some tea telekinetically, took a long sip, and then sighed. "Yes, yes... I see your point. I will place... defenses, in your vicinity, but you should remain on guard regardless. I cannot spend much resources on protecting you."

Back