• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos nodded numbly. With quick, hurried footsteps, he walked into the inn, not even glancing at the other people within the building as he rushed into one of the open rooms, throwing himself into the adjacent bathroom. He locked the door behind him…before collapsing, taking several, deep, ragged breaths.

“I-I’m…I’m fine…” He whispered to himself. He grabbed a scented ring from his bag, deeply inhaling its thick lavender aroma, as if to overwhelm himself with the sensation. He had almost broken down. Almost broken down in front of her again, as if that wouldn’t confirm every negative thing he thought she felt about him.

“Stupid…stupid…stupid…s-stupid…STUPID…” He muttered to himself angrily. He took another breath, wiping away the tears forming in his eyes. He pressed his head against the wall, his arms wrapping around his knees as he curled into a ball.

“F-five m-minutes…j-just…j-just 5 minutes. I-I need five minutes I-I need…” The young Everian rambled to himself. He forcefully shut his eyes.

"...B-breath..." He told himself. He took a long, deep breath.

"....Ooooh. haaaa."

"...Oooooh. haaaa..."

"Ooooooooh....haaaa"

It was a meditation technique, though Siglos never called it as such. It was simply one way he had forced himself to cope with his life.

Thump....thump....thump...thump.

The sound of his heartbeat eventually reached his ears, the other sensations around him slowly melting away. He stayed like that for several, long moments, focusing on nothing but the idle sounds of his own body.
After what was...likely a bit longer than five minutes, Siglos took a final, deep breath. His mind had finally quieted, and the tension in his body melted away. Slowly, he stood up to his feet, smoothing his cloak with his hands.

“I'm...f-fine.” Siglos said softly. He gingerly walked over to the sink, turning on the faucet. It was enchanted, of course, the water flowing from its pipes fresher and cleaner than anything you could find in a less advanced city. Slowly, he cupped his hands, letting the crystal-clear water form a small puddle in his palms.

“...I’m...fine...” Siglos repeated. He splashed the water onto his face, washing away the lingering stains of his tears upon his pale cheeks.

“....I’m....fine...” He said one, last time. He grabbed a towel from the wall, gently patting his face dry, before carefully hanging it back up. He turned towards the mirror above the sink, beginning to think aloud.

“...D-do I need to p-pay for this room...?” Siglos said. He thought about asking Alexia if she was fine with him using the bathroom, but quickly decided against it. He still had no idea if he was even allowed within the inn, after the...unfortunate events at breakfast with Sylvia.

“...Sylvia...” Siglos murmured to himself. He took a soft breath, shaking his head. Disappearing so quickly was...rude of him, and lying about the reason even more so. Especially with the spy still lurking in the shadows. A pang of guilt enveloped him for a brief moment, the Everian staring at himself in the mirror for a few, long moments.

"...W-what...whatever s-she...may think of me...I l-love her. T-the...the only thing I...I can do...i-is be the best p-partner I can..." He said softly. He smacked his pale cheeks a few times, mustering up the courage to leave the bathroom, before gingerly opening the door. As he walked through the door, he glanced around the inn for a few, quick moments, before gingerly moving towards the entrance, inwardly hoping he could leave unaccosted.

"Yes, you should both be leaving..." Cecilia said, "The sun will rise over Aegis soon, and it'll only get busier as it does... So you and your group should do your best to avoid trouble."
After what was...likely a bit longer than five minutes, Siglos took a final, deep breath. His mind had finally quieted, and the tension in his body melted away. Slowly, he stood up to his feet, smoothing his cloak with his hands.

“I'm...f-fine.” Siglos said softly. He gingerly walked over to the sink, turning on the faucet. It was enchanted, of course, the water flowing from its pipes fresher and cleaner than anything you could find in a less advanced city. Slowly, he cupped his hands, letting the crystal-clear water form a small puddle in his palms.

“...I’m...fine...” Siglos repeated. He splashed the water onto his face, washing away the lingering stains of his tears upon his pale cheeks.

“....I’m....fine...” He said one, last time. He grabbed a towel from the wall, gently patting his face dry, before carefully hanging it back up. He turned towards the mirror above the sink, beginning to think aloud.

“...D-do I need to p-pay for this room...?” Siglos said. He thought about asking Alexia if she was fine with him using the bathroom, but quickly decided against it. He still had no idea if he was even allowed within the inn, after the...unfortunate events at breakfast with Sylvia.

“...Sylvia...” Siglos murmured to himself. He took a soft breath, shaking his head. Disappearing so quickly was...rude of him, and lying about the reason even more so. Especially with the spy still lurking in the shadows. A pang of guilt enveloped him for a brief moment, the Everian staring at himself in the mirror for a few, long moments.

"...W-what...whatever s-she...may think of me...I l-love her. T-the...the only thing I...I can do...i-is be the best p-partner I can..." He said softly. He smacked his pale cheeks a few times, mustering up the courage to leave the bathroom, before gingerly opening the door. As he walked through the door, he glanced around the inn for a few, quick moments, before gingerly moving towards the entrance, inwardly hoping he could leave unaccosted.
As Siglos returned, Sylvia was waiting for him there, simply leaning against the wall, her tail slowly swaying back and forth. She glanced towards Siglos, "Sup."

"Thanks Cecilia"

Noah took out a piece of paper and a pencil, then wrote down the address of where the people are.

"Well, here is their location"
"...Thanks. Bye." Cecilia said, snatching the paper and then teleporting both Khadgar and Noah out of the castle and barrier.
Siglos looked up at Sylvia, his ears twitching.

“S-sorry I-I took s-so long. I...d-didn't mean to...k-keep you w-waiting...” Siglos said softly.
"It's fine. When you gotta go you just gotta go." Sylvia said with a shrug.

(Yall have Noah and Khadgar do whatever lol.)
“Y-yeah...” Siglos murmured. His ears continued to twitch, his arm reaching behind his neck to scratch an itch that didn't exist.

“...D-did...anything h-happen? While I was...inside, I-I mean...”
"I found a possum. Killed it and ate it. Then a kid cast a fireball at me, so I scared him off." Sylvia said. Her voice was... monotone, as if she was disinterested in this conversation all together.

"I found a possum. Killed it and ate it. Then a kid cast a fireball at me, so I scared him off." Sylvia said. Her voice was... monotone, as if she was disinterested in this conversation all together.
"...T-that...s-sounds...e-eventful..." Siglos murmured, gradually becoming unnerved by her seeming lack of interest.

"T-the...e-erm...l-local c-children can...erm...c-certainly be...a-a handful...s-sometimes..." He muttered, fidgeting where he stood.

"...T-that...s-sounds...e-eventful..." Siglos murmured, gradually becoming unnerved by her seeming lack of interest.

"T-the...e-erm...l-local c-children can...erm...c-certainly be...a-a handful...s-sometimes..." He muttered, fidgeting where he stood.
"Yeah." Sylvia said with a shrug, simply staring down at the ground... Her eyes were blank, unfocused, clearly her mind was in other places.

"So do I..." Khadgar muttered

"By the way, how is Shalor doing? Did he calm down at all?" Khadgar asked
"A little, I found him crap on the stairs due to the sheer exhaustion trying to find a cure for Jeanne, I told him that although it is good that he does that, the way he does it could kill him if he is not careful, the truth is that I worry that he does not follow my advice and in a false move he will get hurt" Noah said depressed

"A little, I found him crap on the stairs due to the sheer exhaustion trying to find a cure for Jeanne, I told him that although it is good that he does that, the way he does it could kill him if he is not careful, the truth is that I worry that he does not follow my advice and in a false move he will get hurt" Noah said depressed
"His enthusiasm and care are good for others but bad for himself, you should keep an eye on him, he needs to know when to look out for his own needs, and he's already young, so we don't want him dying of exhaustion or anything like that." Khadgar turned and responded, putting a hand on Noah's shoulder

"His enthusiasm and care are good for others but bad for himself, you should keep an eye on him, he needs to know when to look out for his own needs, and he's already young, so we don't want him dying of exhaustion or anything like that." Khadgar turned and responded, putting a hand on Noah's shoulder
"Yes, you're right, I'll try to spend more time with him, I don't want him to die being me the person who dragged him into this group" She said still depressed but a bit better

Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments, before slowly breathing out.

"........"

"............."

"........C-could y-you...h-hear m-me?" Siglos murmured. He looked up at Sylvia, staring into her emerald eyes.
Sylvia looked down at Siglos, their eyes meeting. She said nothing for a few moments.

"......"

"..."

"...Yeah. Pretty clearly."

Sylvia looked down at Siglos, their eyes meeting. She said nothing for a few moments.

"......"

"..."

"...Yeah. Pretty clearly."
".........." Siglos said nothing, simply sinking against the wall, sitting on the vibrant cobblestone below.

"........."

"...I...d-didn't w-want...y-you t-to...s-see m-me l-like that..." Siglos trailed off, shaking his head.

"N-not...n-not again..." He said softly.

".........." Siglos said nothing, simply sinking against the wall, sitting on the vibrant cobblestone below.

"........."

"...I...d-didn't w-want...y-you t-to...s-see m-me l-like that..." Siglos trailed off, shaking his head.

"N-not...n-not again..." He said softly.
"Remember when I told you my sight extends hundreds of miles, Siglos...? I wasn't exaggerating. There's probably very little places in this city you could go where I couldn't see and hear you as clear as day..." Sylvia said with a sigh.

"Remember when I told you my sight extends hundreds of miles, Siglos...? I wasn't exaggerating. There's probably very little places in this city you could go where I couldn't see and hear you as clear as day..." Sylvia said with a sigh.
Siglos breathed out, before slowly nodding.

"...I...s-suppose it was....f-foolish of me...to t-think o-otherwise..." Siglos said. He slowly moved a hand to his head, running his fingers among his ashen locks.

"...M-may I a-ask you something, then?"

Siglos breathed out, before slowly nodding.

"...I...s-suppose it was....f-foolish of me...to t-think o-otherwise..." Siglos said. He slowly moved a hand to his head, running his fingers among his ashen locks.

"...M-may I a-ask you something, then?"
Sylvia let out a breath, closing her emerald eyes for just a moment. She calmed herself, then spoke, her eyes still remaining closed.

"Ask away..."

Sylvia let out a breath, closing her emerald eyes for just a moment. She calmed herself, then spoke, her eyes still remaining closed.

"Ask away..."
".........." Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments. He took a few, steady breaths, as if to prepare himself for what would come next.

"...D-does it....d-does it...b-bother y-you? t-that I'm l-like this?" He asked softly. Sadness crept into the words, dripping off of each syllable.

".........." Siglos said nothing for a few, long moments. He took a few, steady breaths, as if to prepare himself for what would come next.

"...D-does it....d-does it...b-bother y-you? t-that I'm l-like this?" He asked softly. Sadness crept into the words, dripping off of each syllable.
"Like... what...?" Sylvia asked, "I don't get the question..."

"You're not pathetic, Siglos..." Sylvia said, letting out a soft sigh. "I never thought that you were pathetic..."
"How...h-how c-can y-you s-say that?" Siglos said quietly. He stared at the cobblestone below, his hands clenching into fists.

"...A-after...a-after a-all t-the t-trouble I've c-caused you. A-after...a-after h-how l-little I've d-done for you...?"

"How...h-how c-can y-you s-say that?" Siglos said quietly. He stared at the cobblestone below, his hands clenching into fists.

"...A-after...a-after a-all t-the t-trouble I've c-caused you. A-after...a-after h-how l-little I've d-done for you...?"
"How... little you've done for me...?" Sylvia muttered, "Siglos... you haven't been doing little for me... What are you on about...?"

Back