• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

"I-It's fine! Just, yknow... despite all of my... traits... down... yknow... I am still a girl. So I get... sensitive, about that stuff.... yknow." Sylvia muttered, her voice getting continuously more high-pitched.
“O-of c-course! T-that…t-that was…I-improper o-of m-me…” Siglos murmured. He bowed his head deeply, staring at the ground.

“P-please f-forgive m-my…r-rudeness.”

“O-of c-course! T-that…t-that was…I-improper o-of m-me…” Siglos murmured. He bowed his head deeply, staring at the ground.

“P-please f-forgive m-my…r-rudeness.”
"Heh... You don't need to apologize to me, my darling. I'm just a lot more... conscious of those parts of my body, rather than the more... masculine parts of my body. You don't need to feel bad." Sylvia muttered.

"Heh... You don't need to apologize to me, my darling. I'm just a lot more... conscious of those parts of my body, rather than the more... masculine parts of my body. You don't need to feel bad." Sylvia muttered.
“I-I…I u-understand, honey…” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he looked up at her, his ears twitching.

“I…I-I’ll…k-keep that…i-in mind. I-I promise y-you.”

“I-I…I u-understand, honey…” Siglos said softly. Gingerly, he looked up at her, his ears twitching.

“I…I-I’ll…k-keep that…i-in mind. I-I promise y-you.”
"Thank you, honey. I... appreciate you considering me." Sylvia said, smiling softly. Gently she raised her hand, unconsciously placing her hand on her cheek. Upon the flesh ran an enormous scar running down her eye and to her cheek and the corner of her mouth, a noticeable "beauty mark" for someone such as her.

"Though... nobody would consider someone as freakish as me like an actual woman." She thought to herself, sighing.

"......" Siglos said nothing. He knew, to a limited extent, that Sylvia was self-conscious about her body, but wasn't sure of many specifics. He thought for a moment, before slowly opening his mouth to speak.

"...I-I I...l-love...y-your... masculine...a-and f-feminine f-features...m-my darling. A-and...i-if...i-if t-there i-is...a-anything...I c-can d-do...t-to...m-make y-you f-feel...m-more...c-comfortable...p-please...l-let me know. I-I...I h-have s-some...c-cosmetics i-item's i-if y-you e-ever w-want a....erm..." Siglos trailed off, trying t find the right word.

"...T-thing's o-of...t-that nature..."

Last edited:
"Kind of hard to take you seriously when you're stuttering throughout the entire sentence..." Sylvia thought to herself, before shaking her head and letting out a light chuckle.

"Alright, Siglos... You don't have to do that for me, but, I appreciate the offer."

"Kind of hard to take you seriously when you're stuttering throughout the entire sentence..." Sylvia thought to herself, before shaking her head and letting out a light chuckle.

"Alright, Siglos... You don't have to do that for me, but, I appreciate the offer."
“A-alright, my l-love. I…” he trailed off, not knowing what to say.

“I-I…w-want you to be…happy. T-that is all…” Siglos murmured.

"And I thank you for that, Siglos. Just... you don't have to force yourself to say anything, or help, if you uh... don't understand how." Sylvia said with a crooked smile.
“….” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head, a small lump forming in his throat.

“I shouldn’t…presume I can be of any use to her. It’s…not as if I have much to offer…” Siglos thought. Cain’s words flashed into his mind again, the word parasite worming its way into his mind. Confirming what he had already known all his life, confirming what his father had drilled into him so, so many times in his youth.

“Useless. a waste of resources. Better off dead…” He thought to himself. He shook his head quickly, knowing he couldn’t afford to spiral, not in front of her.

“A-alright honey. I-I’ll…s-stop…intruding...” Siglos murmured.

“….” Siglos said nothing for a moment, before shaking his head, a small lump forming in his throat.

“I shouldn’t…presume I can be of any use to her. It’s…not as if I have much to offer…” Siglos thought. Cain’s words flashed into his mind again, the word parasite worming its way into his mind. Confirming what he had already known all his life, confirming what his father had drilled into him so, so many times in his youth.

“Useless. a waste of resources. Better off dead…” He thought to himself. He shook his head quickly, knowing he couldn’t afford to spiral, not in front of her.

“A-alright honey. I-I’ll…s-stop…intruding...” Siglos murmured.
"I never said you were intruding, Siglos..." Sylvia said, "I just don't want you to force yourself to do things that make you feel... nervous."

In truth, she was simply trying to look out for her lover, not wanting to put him in any situation where he felt forced or obligated to help her. Knowing his... condition, and it's potential effects on his mentality, made this even more so, but he wouldn't have known that.

"I never said you were intruding, Siglos..." Sylvia said, "I just don't want you to force yourself to do things that make you feel... nervous."

In truth, she was simply trying to look out for her lover, not wanting to put him in any situation where he felt forced or obligated to help her. Knowing his... condition, and it's potential effects on his mentality, made this even more so, but he wouldn't have known that.
“…Of course…of course, it’s that. Why…why would she think I could help? Why would anyone think I could help? I’m just the nervous idiot she’s forced herself to take care of. I’m…little better than a child…” Siglos thought. He was becoming…unreasonable, a small part of him knew that, but the thought that any of those words could ring true struck him like a knife to the heart.

He took a deep breath, masking the growing sadness from his face.

“I…understand, Sylvia.” Siglos said quietly. He looked away for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

“T-thank y-you for…considering me…b-but…I…I w-want t-to help y-you…e-even I-if it makes m-me anxious.” He murmured.

"I'm still sense him, but his signal is going.... down? I think he is trying to go through a tunnel in the Underground"
"Getting us through the ground will be the least of our worries...time is our most pressing issue. If we bring the others, we may lose him...however, if we go at this ourselves, we won't have as much raw power on our side. Especially if Jeanne is correct and they have more allies."

“…Of course…of course, it’s that. Why…why would she think I could help? Why would anyone think I could help? I’m just the nervous idiot she’s forced herself to take care of. I’m…little better than a child…” Siglos thought. He was becoming…unreasonable, a small part of him knew that, but the thought that any of those words could ring true struck him like a knife to the heart.

He took a deep breath, masking the growing sadness from his face.

“I…understand, Sylvia.” Siglos said quietly. He looked away for a moment, unsure of how to respond.

“T-thank y-you for…considering me…b-but…I…I w-want t-to help y-you…e-even I-if it makes m-me anxious.” He murmured.
Sylvia's eyes narrowed, his shifting facial expressions easily noticeable to her despite his attempts to hide it from her view. She let out a breath, shaking her head.

"What the hell am I doing wrong...?" She thought to herself.

"...Alright. I... appreciate that you want to help. Really."
"Getting us through the ground will be the least of our worries...time is our most pressing issue. If we bring the others, we may lose him...however, if we go at this ourselves, we won't have as much raw power on our side. Especially if Jeanne is correct and they have more allies."
"Should we... Should we contact the Court Mage, then? See if she'll help us..?" Jeanne suggested, "With the King gone... she's the most powerful official in Aegis."

Khadgar was deep in thought

"We need someone who can move fast, Kargath should be just outside, so he can serve as the Vanguard, but who here can get to the court mage the fastest...?" Khadgar muttered to himself
"Well, i thought that most of Mage have Telepathic abilities, or you two not have it?" Noah asking to Khadgar and Saffi

(Both profiles have it)

"Well, to telepathically contact her you'd probably need to... actually know where she is. At least, that's what I believe." Jeanne said, not with much confidence in her tone. She knew very little of Magic, so she knew not the limits of telepathy.

"Well, i thought that most of Mage have Telepathic abilities, or you two not have it?" Noah asking to Khadgar and Saffi

(Both profiles have it)
"It's quite common that trying to connect to a mage of the Court Mage's caliber doesn't work without prior preparation, since protecting from having your mind probed is something that's borderline a necessity in this case, and Jeanne is right, we also don't know where she is." Khadgar responded

"I hate to say that I don't wholeheartedly trust her." Saffi said.
"Don't... trust her?" Jeanne asked, confusion painting her expression. "Saffi, the Court Mage is the highest authority in this city. She's probably the one we can trust the most out of the royalty!"

Clearly, Jeanne was not a girl who was prone to question higher authorities.
"yeah, well, who is going with me?"
"Well... Maybe Khadgar can go with you again...?"

"Don't... trust her?" Jeanne asked, confusion painting her expression. "Saffi, the Court Mage is the highest authority in this city. She's probably the one we can trust the most out of the royalty!"

"Well... Maybe Khadgar can go with you again...?"
"We can't eliminate that the court mage could've set this up herself, unlikely as that is to me personally..." Khadgar muttered

"But yes I will be happy to go with you!" Khadgar said clearly

"A woman with free passage in and out of the castle, even more so with her mystical abilities. Her innate knowledge of the monarchy's inner workings would allow her to know where the king would be at any given time in a normal scenario, and her power speaks for itself...I'm not saying she's a murderer, but in dire times like this, we can't exactly afford to take chances."

Jeanne sighed. She knew that there could be... several political struggles, among royalty in any race. The death of Kings and Queens through assassination wasn't an uncommon event, after all.

"It's... more surreal than I expected." She thought to herself, before nodding.

"Well... I still believe we should rely on the Court Mage, for now. She's the only person with enough power that we can rely on to help catch these kidnappers." Jeanne said, regaining her composure.

Sylvia's eyes narrowed, his shifting facial expressions easily noticeable to her despite his attempts to hide it from her view. She let out a breath, shaking her head.

"What the hell am I doing wrong...?" She thought to herself.

"...Alright. I... appreciate that you want to help. Really."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, almost flinching as he saw Sylvia's eyes narrowed down at him.

“I’m a nuisance. A useless…******* mentally damaged parasite. That’s why she’s looking at me like that, isn’t it? She knows. They all know. They ALWAYS knew. Just like Jeanne did. Just like Cain did. Just like ….he did. Just like him…just like…” Siglos thought. He was trembling, though he had scarcely noticed the movement of his body.

“I-I…I…” Siglos trailed off.

“I-I s-should…s-should u-uh…” Siglos’s mind blanked, unsure of what to say.

“I-I n-need t-to…u-use the bathroom!” He breathed out, attempting to move out of Sylvia's grip.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, almost flinching as he saw Sylvia's eyes narrowed down at him.

“I’m a nuisance. A useless…******* mentally damaged parasite. That’s why she’s looking at me like that, isn’t it? She knows. They all know. They ALWAYS knew. Just like Jeanne did. Just like Cain did. Just like ….he did. Just like him…just like…” Siglos thought. He was trembling, though he had scarcely noticed the movement of his body.

“I-I…I…” Siglos trailed off.

“I-I s-should…s-should u-uh…” Siglos’s mind blanked, unsure of what to say.

“I-I n-need t-to…u-use the bathroom!” He breathed out, attempting to move out of Sylvia's grip.
"The... bathroom? Right now?" Sylvia questioned, tilting her head.

Back