• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos took a small, quiet breath, gingerly pressing his cheek against Sylvia's flesh.

“R-right…a-a…alright…” He murmured. He said nothing for a moment, gently running a hand across Sylvia’s neck.

“M-may…m-may I…s-stay…o-outside w-with y-you? O-once w-we…get t-to the I-inn…” He said softly.
"The plan was to already do that... I'm not letting you out of my sight... Which, to be fair, my sight does extend hundreds of miles, but you get my point." Sylvia said.

“S-sorry…I-it…I-it j-just…m-makes m-me f-feel s-safer…t-to h-hear it again, m-my love…” Siglos murmured, a soft blush creeping onto his face.
"You don't need to apologize to me, Siglos... I'll tell you whatever you want me to tell you." Sylvia said, her face contorting into a warm smile. They would eventually come up to the inn, now in a more... public area, which decreased the chances of an ambush.

"You don't need to apologize to me, Siglos... I'll tell you whatever you want me to tell you." Sylvia said, her face contorting into a warm smile. They would eventually come up to the inn, now in a more... public area, which decreased the chances of an ambush.
Siglos took a small breath, a smile creeping onto his face in return.

“…T-thank y-you…” He murmured. He glanced around for a moment, relieved that they had safely reached the inn.

“…A-are…a-are t-they s-still f-following us…?” He whispered.

Siglos took a small breath, a smile creeping onto his face in return.

“…T-thank y-you…” He murmured. He glanced around for a moment, relieved that they had safely reached the inn.

“…A-are…a-are t-they s-still f-following us…?” He whispered.
From her room, the dragon girl saw the arrival of Siglos and Sylvia through the window, made a face of boredom and tried to look deeper to see if out of sheer boredom she fell asleep.
Sylvia made note of Noah's stare through her window, glaring at her from afar. She simply breathed out. No need to get hostile at a comrade, let alone a child.

"Their following us still... But they probably won't attack or engage, now that we've reached a public area." Sylvia explained.

Sylvia made note of Noah's stare through her window, glaring at her from afar. She simply breathed out. No need to get hostile at a comrade, let alone a child.

"Their following us still... But they probably won't attack or engage, now that we've reached a public area." Sylvia explained.
Siglos glanced up at where Sylvia was glaring, vaguely making out the shape of Noah in the window. He gave her a small wave, his arm trembling slightly.

“T-that’s…c-comforting I-I s-suppose…” Siglos murmured, shaking his head.

“…D-did y-you…f-figure a-anything out f-from their s-smell?” He said softly.

Siglos glanced up at where Sylvia was glaring, vaguely making out the shape of Noah in the window. He gave her a small wave, his arm trembling slightly.

“T-that’s…c-comforting I-I s-suppose…” Siglos murmured, shaking his head.

“…D-did y-you…f-figure a-anything out f-from their s-smell?” He said softly.
"Well, their definitely Everians, since they smell like Magic... Probably part of the local authorities, or some other high power I don't know about." Sylvia grumbled.

"Well, their definitely Everians, since they smell like Magic... Probably part of the local authorities, or some other high power I don't know about." Sylvia grumbled.
That seemed to make Siglos notably more anxious, his ears twitching as he clung to her neck. A burst of paranoia choked his throat, the Everian briefly wondering if his dad had sent someone to spy on him. He took a deep breath, shaking his head.

“…P-perhaps…t-the…c-court m-mage…s-sent…s-sent s-someone to…e-ensure our s-safety. W-we…w-we are e-envoys of t-the church, a-after all…” He murmured, more to convince himself than anything else.

That seemed to make Siglos notably more anxious, his ears twitching as he clung to her neck. A burst of paranoia choked his throat, the Everian briefly wondering if his dad had sent someone to spy on him. He took a deep breath, shaking his head.

“…P-perhaps…t-the…c-court m-mage…s-sent…s-sent s-someone to…e-ensure our s-safety. W-we…w-we are e-envoys of t-the church, a-after all…” He murmured, more to convince himself than anything else.
"The court mage doesn't particularly care about the Church, based on what I could tell... She probably doesn't doesn't believe in Ophelius. So, if it's someone she sent, it's... probably not to protect us." Sylvia muttered, taking note of Siglos’s growing anxiousness.

"The court mage doesn't particularly care about the Church, based on what I could tell... She probably doesn't doesn't believe in Ophelius. So, if it's someone she sent, it's... probably not to protect us." Sylvia muttered, taking note of Siglos’s growing anxiousness.
"...." Siglos's face paled, his body trembling softly as he glanced around.

"...B-but...s-surely...s-she'd...k-know...t-that...w-we'd...n-notice a-any...a-any s-spy s-she s-sends. T-they...t-they d-didn't e-even m-mask t-their s-scent w-with m-magic..." Siglos murmured.

"...." Siglos's face paled, his body trembling softly as he glanced around.

"...B-but...s-surely...s-she'd...k-know...t-that...w-we'd...n-notice a-any...a-any s-spy s-she s-sends. T-they...t-they d-didn't e-even m-mask t-their s-scent w-with m-magic..." Siglos murmured.
"They have, actually. Specifically, their robes are enchanted with a spell that masks one's presence completely. Looks like the spell just wasn't strong enough so that I couldn't notice them, though." Sylvia explained.

As Saffi returned to the inn, coincidently, she would bump(literally), into Jeanne, who also seemed to be just entering the inn at the time. She stumbled slightly, before shaking her head.

"Oh, hi, Saffi... Sorry, wasn't paying attention to where I was going..."
"My apologies, Jeanne." Saffi said, holding quite a few books, regretting not bringing a bag with her. "Sorry for my absence, I've been at the library for quite some time...how about you? Are you alright?"

"My apologies, Jeanne." Saffi said, holding quite a few books, regretting not bringing a bag with her. "Sorry for my absence, I've been at the library for quite some time...how about you? Are you alright?"
"Oh, I'm quite fine, Saffi..." Jeanne said. It was a half life and a half truth, but, she made an effort not to think to much on it, wary of Saffi trying to read her mind.

"What are you reading about...? That's quite the sum of books." Jeanne questioned, noticing all the books the Everian woman had been carrying.
"...Ass...assins...?" Shalor asked, wanting Sylvia's opinion on the matter
"I dunno, kid... Just went over this..." Sylvia muttered.

"Oh, I'm quite fine, Saffi..." Jeanne said. It was a half life and a half truth, but, she made an effort not to think to much on it, wary of Saffi trying to read her mind.

"What are you reading about...? That's quite the sum of books." Jeanne questioned, noticing all the books the Everian woman had been carrying.

"I dunno, kid... Just went over this..." Sylvia muttered.
"..." Shalor went quiet, his minimal movement was apsolutely nervous and worried, but he couldn't really do anything about it in his state

"...I-I g-guess t-that w-would e-explain w-why m-my...Mana Hearing h-hasn't...d-detected them. T-they...p-probably...concealed t-the sound o-of t-their magic to..." Siglos murmured. His ears twitched, becoming progressively more anxious. It may have been easier to notice them if they weren't within Aegis, but the constant stream of noise from the enchanted architecture made it...difficult, to pick out any single one, especially if he didn't know the sound already. He took a shaky breath, shaking his head.

"A-are y-you s-sure t-there's...o-only o-one p-person f-following us..." He asked softly.

Sylvia let out a breath, feeling a painful migraine form in the back of her head. The previous fight with Erebus, as well as being bombarded with questions at the appearance of this new assailant, all while lacking her glasses to keep her mind numb, was doing the large woman no favors as she rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"I don't ******* know, okay? I'm working on it..." Sylvia grumbled out.

Sylvia let out a breath, feeling a painful migraine form in the back of her head. The previous fight with Erebus, as well as being bombarded with questions at the appearance of this new assailant, all while lacking her glasses to keep her mind numb, was doing the large woman no favors as she rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"I don't ******* know, okay? I'm working on it..." Sylvia grumbled out.
Siglos glanced at Syliva for a moment, noticing, for the first time, her seeming discomfort. Gently, he pressed a hand against her neck, rubbing it softly.

"I-i'm...S-sorry, m-my love. I...d-did n-n-not m-mean t-to...c-cause y-you stress..." He murmured softly.

"You didn't... haaaaa.... ****... I wish I had my glasses..." Sylvia grumbled, before just shaking her head.

"You didn't do anything wrong... I'm just... having trouble keeping it together." She said, "Just need to... calm down a bit."

"You didn't... haaaaa.... ****... I wish I had my glasses..." Sylvia grumbled, before just shaking her head.

"You didn't do anything wrong... I'm just... having trouble keeping it together." She said, "Just need to... calm down a bit."
Siglos stared at her for a moment, before nodding, shifting over to press his cheek against hers.

"w-would y-you l-like to...S-sit down, m-my love? W-we can...r-rest f-for the night, here." He murmured.

“Y-you need t-to rest, m-my love...” Siglos murmured. He hesitated for a moment, before continuing.

“W-what if I-I...a-asked Cain t-to k-keep w-watch? O-only f-for a b-bit…while y-you…r-recover…” He said softly.
"Rest? I can't rest knowing we're... knowing you're being put in risk of danger, Siglos... I'm not going to rest." Sylvia said firmly, "I'm staying awake so I can protect you... Why don't you get that..."

"Well, Aegis seemed like the best place to continue my mystical studies...but...to tell you the truth, I have been fairly worried about you. Your condition has certainly become less of a hindrance to you, but I can't help but notice that some effects are lingering..."

"Well, Aegis seemed like the best place to continue my mystical studies...but...to tell you the truth, I have been fairly worried about you. Your condition has certainly become less of a hindrance to you, but I can't help but notice that some effects are lingering..."
Jeanne would tilt her head, "Your... concern is appreciated. But you don't need to lose sleep worrying about me, Saffi. I'm sure you're... already stressed as is, being separated from your family for so long..."

"Rest? I can't rest knowing we're... knowing you're being put in risk of danger, Siglos... I'm not going to rest." Sylvia said firmly, "I'm staying awake so I can protect you... Why don't you get that..."
"I-I u-undstand, Sylvia. A-and...I..c-can't e-express...h-how grateful I-I am...f-for y-your protection..." Siglos said, he shifted slightly, turning his eyes to hers.

"...I-I....I-I...j-just...d-don't w-want y-you...t-to...p-push y-yourself t-too far. T-that...t-that is all..." He murmured softly.

"I-I u-undstand, Sylvia. A-and...I..c-can't e-express...h-how grateful I-I am...f-for y-your protection..." Siglos said, he shifted slightly, turning his eyes to hers.

"...I-I....I-I...j-just...d-don't w-want y-you...t-to...p-push y-yourself t-too far. T-that...t-that is all..." He murmured softly.
"I'll be fine, Siglos... Trust me. I'm a lot more resilient to stress than you might think." Sylvia assured him, "I'm completely fine like this... alright?"

Meanwhile...

"Damn it..."

Damn it all.

"Damn it Damn it Damn it...!!!"

Diana Burnfury traversed the outskirts of the human continent, rain pouring onto her flesh in the cold, desolate night. Steam rose from her body as the rain water was evaporated by her heated flesh, the woman's steps scorching the Earth beneath her as her bare feet left their marks on the world beneath.

"Damn it... *******... old man... telling me to take a week off..."

A week. An entire week off. What kind of bullshit was that? Take a break? She "deserved it"? Diana Burnfury did NOT take days off. And Velen knew that. That old ****** definitely knew that, and yet, he still ordered her to step away from the battlefield... And it was clear that she was not happy with that.

"Haa... I should found some ******* shelter from this rain..." Diana murmured, her nose scrunching up. A few dozen miles away. A bar. Ugh, a bar. Alcohol disgusted the woman. It dulled one's senses, made one... act illogically. And Diana most certainly did not value the illogical. But... it was the only close place she could take shelter from the nightly rain.

With a kick of her feet, she propelled herself in the direction of the bar. At the speeds she was moving, it only took a couple of seconds for her to reach her destination. Speed was something Diana Burnfury valued very much. It made traveling easier. And God, she ******* hated traveling, even if she did so much of it in her career as a general.

Diana let out a deep sigh, "******* hell..."

She was utterly disappointed with the building. It was small, probably cramped as hell with little amount of seats. She suspected the drinks were also probably subpar, and that the service would be the same. Diana scrutinized the place before she even entered.

"At least it's got ******* light..." She grumbled to herself, before entering. Luckily, nobody cared enough to notice her entering. Everyone in the establishment was either to wasted or to indifferent towards Diana to care. That, she valued. Indifference. Leave her alone, and she'd leave you alone. There could be no better relationship to have with a stranger. Tucking her tail back into her body, she moved.

Diana trudged towards the bar, taking a seat. She glanced towards the bartender, and as usual, she analyzed and scrutinized. An old human man, approximately 72 years of age. Most likely would die in 6 years. A long, thick gray mustache, yet he'd lost the rest of his hair, seemingly. He didn't seem like someone she'd need to kill.

Diana sighed, resting her cheek against her hand. Not like she planned to stay here for long, just until the rain passed. Which... may have taken a while, but, if push came to shove, maybe staying in this dump wouldn't be that bad for her mental health. Her oh, so fragile mental health.

As Diana sat at the bar, the short woman occasionally snorting out a puff of smoke, something caught her in the corner of her eye, at the very edge of the small, cramped building. A large, drunk man, clearly completely wasted... And a boy. Peculiar. Why was a teenage human in a bar in the middle of nowhere?... Talking to some drunk middle-aged man- Oh. That's what was going on.

"Kid-! I told you-... To... b-beat it...!" The drunk man exclaimed to the boy, holding him against the weak, wooden walls by his fragile collar. Diana didn't know the context, or how the kid had offended anybody, but, looks like they had beef.

"...." The boy was unresponsive. No, it was something more than unresponsive. It was like he didn't even notice he was being addressed. As if he was... in an entirely different dimension. It was likely he himself didn't even remember what he did to offend the drunken man.

"You... ignorin' me, you brat-!?" The man exclaimed once more, as if he was about to blow a face. He shook the boy, his drooping black hair waving side to side. His eyes were revealed through this... Those dark, deep, black eyes. It... unnerved Diana. Why were his eyes so... dark? So empty?

Diana turned around completely, beginning to observe intently. The drunken man rose his fist, and Diana saw each and every muscle fiber in his arm and shoulder contract and move. He was going to sock the kid in the jaw, that much was obvious... And that's what he did. His burly, rough fist, slammed into the boy's face. It didn't carry all that much power, but... it bruised the boy's face significantly. Yet it didn't knock him out.

"Answer...! Me!" The man exclaimed once more, once again raising his fist. Whack. Right against the boy's jaw, once more. And Diana observed. The boy didn't react. No, he didn't even seem to notice the man punching him. What was going on with this kid...?

The man continued to punch the boy, over and over. The kid wasn't going to survive, at this rate. No, he was definitely going to die if he kept taking those blows. And Diana wasn't one to step into the frays of humans... Or anyone, really. All races were the same. Violent, idiotic, and illogical, all worthy of a thorough scrutinization. Yet...

She felt something different about this particular human with the black hair. His eyes. His expression.

He looked so... bored.

So... completely uninterested in this man and his fist crashing into his face.

"Oi."

In an instant, Diana shot forward. Saying nothing else, she grabbed the man by his neck from behind, propelling herself in the air. With a mighty heave, she slammed the drunken man's head into the wooden floor, caving in the material beneath and leaving the man unconscious. This... drew more attention to Diana than she'd like, blood dripping from her hand as she removed it from the man's neck. But... that wasn't what she cared about right now. Before she got kicked out, she needed to ask something.

"Kid." Sha addressed the boy...

...And he looked down at her. Black, droopy hair. A weird outfit which resembled a suit. And deep, black eyes like a void.

"...What's your name?" She asked. She didn't expect to get an answer, but, the boy spoke.

"...Yu." He said. His voice was dry, devoid of any and all passion or effort. It was as if the very action of forming words was little more than a chore for him, and Diana could tell he'd probably much rather getting beaten up than having to talk to her. "My name is... Yu."

"No last name?" She asked, crossing her arms.

"...." No answer. As expected. Diana let out a sigh, before asking her next question.

"Why didn't you fight back?" She asked the boy, softly growling. "If I'm right... you could've effortlessly knocked this idiot that I just crushed out. So why? Why let yourself be abused?"

A simple question, and a simple answer. The boy, who called himself Yu, only shrugged.

"Meh. Couldn't be bothered." He said. Diana's eyes widened.

"Couldn't be bothered?" Diana asked, "You're... joking, right?"

"...I'm not good at making jokes." Yu said, once again shrugging his shoulders. "If that's it, I'll leave now... Thank you for helping me..."

"Wait-!" Diana called out as Yu tried to walk away. Her eyes widened at her own action. She didn't know why she was suddenly so adamant on talking to this boy. This random stranger whose name she didn't even fully know. But her instincts were shouting at her... Shouting at her to keep her on him.

"Do you...?" She whispered.

"Do I...?" Yu tilted his head.

Diana grumbled. She didn't know what she was doing. What should she say? That she was interested in him? That her instincts were guiding her, that she had a gut feeling? She felt weird, weirder than she'd ever felt before, but..

"Do you have anywhere you live? Or... parents?" Diana asked. She tried to sound as if she was looking out for him.

"...No." Yu responded blankly, "I don't."

"Then uh... I can give you a place to stay for a while. I live with my little sister, but... I can fit you. For a while, until you... find your own place." Diana offered.

"...Why?" Yu asked. "Why are you... offering me a place to stay...?"

A nerve nearly popped in Diana's head when he asked that question. Even she didn't really ******* know. This was the exact opposite of how she'd normally act, yet, her instincts kept shouting at her the more she tried to resist. She sighed.

"I'm just... trying to help someone in need...?" Diana said. Her smile was... crooked, forced, and clearly so. And as Yu's eyes narrowed, the boy contemplating whether or not to believe her, he noticed how forced it was.

But...

"...If you'll have me, I guess I could... crash at your place for a few days." Yu said, "You have... food... and water...?"

"Yeah. We have both food and water." Diana said, nodding. "So... we can feed you, if that's what you're worried about."

Yu said nothing for a few moments, formulating his response. For a few moments, he contemplated her words. He didn't understand why she'd try and help him for no reason. There was no way it was out of the goodness of her heart. But... he was also hungry. And thirsty.

With one, final shrug, he answered. "Cool. Lead the way."

"...Cool." Diana muttered. His casual answer put her off, and clearly so, but... she wouldn't focus on that. For now, she began walking out of the bar, stammering as fast as she could out of the establishment. Yu followed along slowly, simply staring off into space.

"Haaaaa... What the hell, Diana..." She muttered to herself as she walked out into the rain, her tail shooting out. The large limb hissed at Yu as he walked behind Diana, but, he paid no mind to it.

"..." And they walked.

"..." And walked.

"..." And walked.

"...Nice to meet you." Yu said, causing Diana to pause and blush.

"You're saying that now!? Ugh!" She grumbled, beginning to speed up her walking. "Keep up, human!"

"...Cool." Yu said, shrugging.

And the two of them continued to traverse into the dark, rainy night...

"I'll be fine, Siglos... Trust me. I'm a lot more resilient to stress than you might think." Sylvia assured him, "I'm completely fine like this... alright?"
Siglos hesitated, staring at Sylvia for a few long moments. Gingerly…he nodded, turning to press a small kiss against her cheek.

“…A-alright, m-my love. J-just…l-let me k-know I-if I can…d-do a-anything t-to help…p-please.” He whispered.

Siglos hesitated, staring at Sylvia for a few long moments. Gingerly…he nodded, turning to press a small kiss against her cheek.

“…A-alright, m-my love. J-just…l-let me k-know I-if I can…d-do a-anything t-to help…p-please.” He whispered.
"Now that you mention it, there is something you can do to help..." Sylvia muttered, "You can get some rest, and stay healthy... Alright? Go to sleep."

"Now that you mention it, there is something you can do to help..." Sylvia muttered, "You can get some rest, and stay healthy... Alright? Go to sleep."
A small chuckle escaped his lips at that, the Everian shaking his head, his ashen hair flowing with the motion.

“…U-understood, m-my love. I will…t-try not to w-worry you further…” He said softly. Gingerly, he began to lower himself from Sylvia back, his boots landing with an inaudible thud against the cobblestone.

Sylvia chuckled as well, "And I mean it, alright? Don't let me see you awake until you've been well rested."
“A-alright, alright…” Siglos murmured, a soft smile on his face. He said nothing for a moment, a small blush creeping across his face.

“I…I w-would…s-sleep e-easier i-if…” Siglos trailed off, shifting slightly.

“I-I c-could…r-rest atop you…” He murmured.

Sylvia smiled, a soft blush painting her rough, pale cheeks. "Well... Nobody said you couldn't... Besides, it would make it easier for me to protect you..."
“F-for…f-for p-protection, o-of c-course. I-it’s t-the…s-safe t-thing t-to do…” Siglos murmured, his blush deepening. He quickly took a step back, giving Sylvia room to sit down on the cobblestones.

Sylvia merely chuckled, gently taking a seat on the pristine cobblestone beneath. They were still being watched from afar by their pursuers, but, they didn't seem to be making a move yet, which put Sylvia at some relative ease, based on the sigh of relief she released...

Back