• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos simply remained silent. His body slowly curled up as he wrapped his arms around his legs.

"...Jeanne..." He thought. The Everian trembled visibly hugging himself tightly as he listened to Sylvia's words.

"...Don't leave us..." He thought. She was...one of his first real friends, one of the few people to ever extend him kindness. If she were to die...

"......" Siglos closed his eyes, sadness welling up in his throat. For the first time in a long while, he whispered a prayer to the sun goddess, asking her aid in helping his suffering friend.

Jeanne continued to trek down the streets of Aegis, her fists clenched tightly. "Why... why why why why why..."

She continued to walk until she had reached a clearing in the nighttime streets. It was... silent, so, very silent. Nobody was trekking through the cold, desolate, intricately decorated and lit streets. It was peaceful, more peaceful than any area in the city, at least, more peaceful than any area in the city Jeanne had seen. It was so quiet, and yet, for Jeanne... it was loud.

"Why why why why...!!" Jeanne fell to her knees in the middle of the clearing, gripping her chest armor with her right hand. Heat. Overwhelming, scorching heat was building in her body, more than she'd ever experienced ever since she'd been branded with this... this curse. She wanted to pray, but, she couldn't, tears pouring from her eyes like a rampaging faucet. And yet, even her tears... would simply evaporate into the air the moment they left her eyes.

"Why... why... why..." She called out. Asked the question, again and again. Why? Why did she have to suffer so much, even though she had committed no crime? Even though, for all her life, she only tried to do good? Was that her crime, or was it something else? She asked the Goddess why she'd allow Jeanne to endure such suffering. Why she'd allow such a... a curse, to befall her innocent self. What was her crime?

"What... do you want me to do...!?!?!" She shouted into the clearing. But there was no response. None noticed her shout, none addressed it or came to her aid... It was merely silent. So, so silent, that the girl felt like she was being crushed by an indescribable pressure. She cried, and cried, and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried out for help from anybody... She cried out for help from her deity. The Goddess of the sun, of Light.

But nobody came.

And she was left alone.

Alone to collapse into the ground, her body becoming limp and her tears becoming dry. For the first time in a long time... She wasn't hot. In fact, she was cold. It was a soothe, comforting cold that quelled her scorching insides that had been inundated in horrific scarlet inferno time and time again. It was a soft... cozy, feeling, laying on the decorative cobblestone. It was... a familiar feeling, to the young girl. She remembered it, remembered it so vividly in fact, that it was as if it had been engraved into her very soul.. The sensation.

"Snow... fall...?" Her strained, hoarse voice was forcefully let out from her scorched throat. She curled up, as if she was hugging something into herself, desperately hanging out to it... She could feel it. The soft, gentle flowing of fur against her rough, bruised skin. "Is... th...a... th-..."

She tried to get the words out, but she couldn't form a sentence. Her throat was to burned, to bruised to get the words she wanted out. Her sight was dimming, and so was her hearing... She could feel her already faint breathing get even fainter, and she could... feel... everything... slipping...

...A...w...a...y

Jeanne's eyes shot open, the girl jumping to her feet with a loud, high-pitched yelp. She swiftly placed her hand against her chest, feeling her accelerating heart beat. She breathed in, and she breathed out, and in, and out... "Wh-Where... Where am... I...? W-Wait... I can... I can talk...? I can... haaa..."

She continued her breathing exercises, keeping her cool as best she could as she calmly assessed the situation as best as she could. She began looking around, assessing her surroundings. She... wasn't in Aegis. She was in some... other place. A snowy, cold place. Was she in the Northern Region? No... That didn't make any sense. She hadn't moved from her spot in Aegis. So how could she have traveled millions of miles away...??

"I... I have to... I... Siglos!? Shalor?! Anybody!?!?!" Jeanne began to shout out hysterically, but she was met with no answer. She began to trek throughout the snowy dimension, leaving no foot prints in her wake. She searched desperately for any signs of life... But... she was met with nothing. No response to her desperate, pained cries.

"Anybody... Please... ANSWER ME!!!" Jeanne shouted out, falling into the cold, desolate snow beneath her, feeling the ice seep into her armor without end. She was scared. She was alone, lost in a place that she had no knowledge of, without her friends to help her...

"Please... answer..." She begged...

...But nobody came.

Until she heard it. The soft, gentle footsteps coming towards her. The footsteps were already impossibly faint, and in the raging sound of the blizzard, they were more than completely deafened. But, Jeanne, with her tempered senses and disposition, could hear them. She could recognize where they were coming from. No, she didn't just recognize them... She remembered were they came from.

And then... it came into her vision. That dainty, gentle form. That fur, even whiter than the snow that covered the ground. Those eyes, a deeper red than even her own blood. She knew who it was... She knew what it was... But she couldn't say anything. She just couldn't, as the realization dawned upon her.

"So... Is that it...?" She muttered, looking down into the snow. She knew what this was. Her body slumped down, going limp once again as she let the snow slam against her body, painting her flesh. She breathed softly, before finally speaking, her voice was shaking violently, as if the very act of speaking racked her entire mind and body with an indescribable agony.

"I'm dead... right...? This is the afterlife...?" Jeanne muttered. "If... If you're here... This... This can't just be a dream, Snowfall..." She muttered. Gently, she raised her hands, softly wrapping her rough hands around the waist of the lithe bunny, lifting it into the air. "I... My body... gave out, right, Snowfall...? That's why we're together again, right...?"

She got no answer from the creature, simply a happy nuzzle into her hand with its soft, supple, fur-covered cheek. Jeanne merely chuckled. She, gently, began to bring Snowfall into her embrace. "Of course... You can't talk... You're still just a rabbit, and... normal animals can't speak..." She muttered. She chuckled once more as she realized how obvious her statement was. Of course she wouldn't get an answer from her dead pet rabbit. But then again... She was dead as well. So she didn't really know what to expect at this point. Not like she ever did, honestly.

"Hehe... hehe... Hahaha... Hahahahaha...!" Jeanne laughed. She laughed and laughed and laughed as she fell to the ground, with Snowfall cuddled onto her chest as she released her from the grip. "This is the afterlife, huh...? Perfect for you, right, Snowfall...?..." She said, as if she was expecting some sort of answer. She breathed out.

"...." And she breathed. And breathed, and breathed, and breathed... That's all she could really do in this situation, honestly. What else could she do? Talk to her pet rabbit like some insane person until the end of time and space? What a joke. A cruel, cruel joke that the Godddess was playing on her.

"Well... I'm glad the Goddess... Put you in a place where you could thrive, Snowfall... Her grace and benevolence... shows... hehe... even now." Jeanne said, staying silent for a few moments before speaking again, simply staring up into the white sky. "I... still think about you, Snowfall... I think about the time we spent together, and..."

She clenched her fists for a moment, but... she didn't have the energy to maintain her rage. Not anymore. "I hated them both so much... I hate them both so much, for doing that to you... I hate them so much... I hate them... so, so much... I hate them..
I hate... hate... hate them..."

"Hate... hate... h-hate..." Jeanne didn't even notice the tears that had begun to pour from her eyes as she constantly recited the word "hate" as if it was the only word she'd ever learned. "H...ate... Ha...te.. Hate...!!"

And then, she shouted. Shouted as loud as she could.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

For as long as she could, and as loud as she could... She shouted and shouted, letting out all the rage in her fractured heart. She shouted, and shouted, and shouted, until her vocal chords couldn't take it anymore. Her voice set alight the entire world around her, her sound, her symphony... echoed across the blizzard, until she just... stopped.

"Haaa... Haa..." And she continued to cry. "Snowfall... Oh... Snowfall... Please come back to me... Please..."

She begged, even knowing that she would be given no answer. She begged, as if she would be given any form of forgiveness for what she had done. Anything, she begged for any kind of response. She begged, for anything... But of course. She wouldn't be given any response.

"You must hate me, right, Snowfall...?" She muttered. "For what they did... For what I did... You... You must despise me..."

Jeanne simply went limp once more. "You... hate me... Of course..." She muttered, "You..."

"...I don't hate you, Jeanne."

Jeanne froze in her tracks, her eyes widening. "H-huh...?" She tried to identify the sound of this voice. It was dainty, high-pitched, akin to a little girl. She began hyperventilating for only a moment, before sitting up ever so slightly, beginning to look down. "Wh-What...?"

"I've never hated you, Jeanne."

"S-Snowfall...? Y-You... You can..." Jeanne's voice trembled. She didn't know what to say, and just as she tried to speak, she was cut off.

"I could never hate you, Jeanne... I could never. You gave me a home. You fed me. Loved me, Jeanne, when nobody did." Snowfall said, "I love you, Jeanne. More than anything."

"B-But... I-I-I-" Jeanne's voice continued to tremble, tears beginning to pour from her eyes in a more profuse amount.

"It wasn't your fault, Jeanne." Snowfall said, "I know it wasn't. You don't have to feel guilty for what happened."

"S-Snowfall...!" Jeanne called out to her.

"I... loved our time, Jeanne. Our time together. I loved the way you held me. I love the way you talked to me, Jeanne. And I loved the way... you told me about your dream. Your dream to become a knight. Your dream to prove all of them wrong." Snowfall said, a tiny, dainty smiling forming on her narrowed snout.

"I..." Jeanne wanted to call out again, but...

"I'm right here, Jeanne. I never left. I'm inside you, supporting your dreams. I... liked listening to your dreams, Jeanne. I know you'll achieve them. Don't give up." Snowfall said, "I'll live in your heart, Jeanne..."

"In exhange..." Snowfall moved up to Jeanne's face. Gently, she nuzzled her cheek into Jeanne's, affection thick in the action.

"Snowfall... Wait..." Jeanne called out once more... Just... one more time...

"...Please show me more of your dreams, Jeanne."

"SNOWFALL!!!" Jeanne shot up from the ground with a jump start, sweat pouring from her. She reached out, gripping the air with her right hand, as if she was going to grab something... But there was nothing but the cold, lonely air to greet her as she breathed in and out heavily, looking around. Gently, she placed her right hand on her armored chest, feeling the gentle, faint thumping of her heart.

"...Are you... in my heart... Snowfall...?" Jeanne whispered to herself. "Are you... Are you still with me... Snowfall...?"

Jeanne stood up, letting out a soft, gentle sigh. "I... I wish I could feel you, Snowfall..." And she began walking out from the clearing, back to the inn. She walked, and walked, and walked, her messy, blonde hair flowing over her deep blue eyes.

"I... wish... I could feel you in my heart..." She whispered as she reached the inn. Softly, she placed her hand against the door, as if she didn't want to go in.

"I... wish... I could see you again..."

She whispered, before finally simply walking to her room.
Siglos simply remained silent. His body slowly curled up as he wrapped his arms around his legs.

"...Jeanne..." He thought. The Everian trembled visibly hugging himself tightly as he listened to Sylvia's words.

"...Don't leave us..." He thought. She was...one of his first real friends, one of the few people to ever extend him kindness. If she were to die...

"......" Siglos closed his eyes, sadness welling up in his throat. For the first time in a long while, he whispered a prayer to the sun goddess, asking her aid in helping his suffering friend.
Sylvia breathed out, turning to Siglos. Softly, she placed her hand on her mate's shoulder. "She's... at the inn right now, honey. You can go see her if you want to..."

Jeanne continued to trek down the streets of Aegis, her fists clenched tightly. "Why... why why why why why..."

She continued to walk until she had reached a clearing in the nighttime streets. It was... silent, so, very silent. Nobody was trekking through the cold, desolate, intricately decorated and lit streets. It was peaceful, more peaceful than any area in the city, at least, more peaceful than any area in the city Jeanne had seen. It was so quiet, and yet, for Jeanne... it was loud.

"Why why why why...!!" Jeanne fell to her knees in the middle of the clearing, gripping her chest armor with her right hand. Heat. Overwhelming, scorching heat was building in her body, more than she'd ever experienced ever since she'd been branded with this... this curse. She wanted to pray, but, she couldn't, tears pouring from her eyes like a rampaging faucet. And yet, even her tears... would simply evaporate into the air the moment they left her eyes.

"Why... why... why..." She called out. Asked the question, again and again. Why? Why did she have to suffer so much, even though she had committed no crime? Even though, for all her life, she only tried to do good? Was that her crime, or was it something else? She asked the Goddess why she'd allow Jeanne to endure such suffering. Why she'd allow such a... a curse, to befall her innocent self. What was her crime?

"What... do you want me to do...!?!?!" She shouted into the clearing. But there was no response. None noticed her shout, none addressed it or came to her aid... It was merely silent. So, so silent, that the girl felt like she was being crushed by an indescribable pressure. She cried, and cried, and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried and cried out for help from anybody... She cried out for help from her deity. The Goddess of the sun, of Light.

But nobody came.

And she was left alone.

Alone to collapse into the ground, her body becoming limp and her tears becoming dry. For the first time in a long time... She wasn't hot. In fact, she was cold. It was a soothe, comforting cold that quelled her scorching insides that had been inundated in horrific scarlet inferno time and time again. It was a soft... cozy, feeling, laying on the decorative cobblestone. It was... a familiar feeling, to the young girl. She remembered it, remembered it so vividly in fact, that it was as if it had been engraved into her very soul.. The sensation.

"Snow... fall...?" Her strained, hoarse voice was forcefully let out from her scorched throat. She curled up, as if she was hugging something into herself, desperately hanging out to it... She could feel it. The soft, gentle flowing of fur against her rough, bruised skin. "Is... th...a... th-..."

She tried to get the words out, but she couldn't form a sentence. Her throat was to burned, to bruised to get the words she wanted out. Her sight was dimming, and so was her hearing... She could feel her already faint breathing get even fainter, and she could... feel... everything... slipping...

...A...w...a...y

Jeanne's eyes shot open, the girl jumping to her feet with a loud, high-pitched yelp. She swiftly placed her hand against her chest, feeling her accelerating heart beat. She breathed in, and she breathed out, and in, and out... "Wh-Where... Where am... I...? W-Wait... I can... I can talk...? I can... haaa..."

She continued her breathing exercises, keeping her cool as best she could as she calmly assessed the situation as best as she could. She began looking around, assessing her surroundings. She... wasn't in Aegis. She was in some... other place. A snowy, cold place. Was she in the Northern Region? No... That didn't make any sense. She hadn't moved from her spot in Aegis. So how could she have traveled millions of miles away...??

"I... I have to... I... Siglos!? Shalor?! Anybody!?!?!" Jeanne began to shout out hysterically, but she was met with no answer. She began to trek throughout the snowy dimension, leaving no foot prints in her wake. She searched desperately for any signs of life... But... she was met with nothing. No response to her desperate, pained cries.

"Anybody... Please... ANSWER ME!!!" Jeanne shouted out, falling into the cold, desolate snow beneath her, feeling the ice seep into her armor without end. She was scared. She was alone, lost in a place that she had no knowledge of, without her friends to help her...

"Please... answer..." She begged...

...But nobody came.

Until she heard it. The soft, gentle footsteps coming towards her. The footsteps were already impossibly faint, and in the raging sound of the blizzard, they were more than completely deafened. But, Jeanne, with her tempered senses and disposition, could hear them. She could recognize where they were coming from. No, she didn't just recognize them... She remembered were they came from.

And then... it came into her vision. That dainty, gentle form. That fur, even whiter than the snow that covered the ground. Those eyes, a deeper red than even her own blood. She knew who it was... She knew what it was... But she couldn't say anything. She just couldn't, as the realization dawned upon her.

"So... Is that it...?" She muttered, looking down into the snow. She knew what this was. Her body slumped down, going limp once again as she let the snow slam against her body, painting her flesh. She breathed softly, before finally speaking, her voice was shaking violently, as if the very act of speaking racked her entire mind and body with an indescribable agony.

"I'm dead... right...? This is the afterlife...?" Jeanne muttered. "If... If you're here... This... This can't just be a dream, Snowfall..." She muttered. Gently, she raised her hands, softly wrapping her rough hands around the waist of the lithe bunny, lifting it into the air. "I... My body... gave out, right, Snowfall...? That's why we're together again, right...?"

She got no answer from the creature, simply a happy nuzzle into her hand with its soft, supple, fur-covered cheek. Jeanne merely chuckled. She, gently, began to bring Snowfall into her embrace. "Of course... You can't talk... You're still just a rabbit, and... normal animals can't speak..." She muttered. She chuckled once more as she realized how obvious her statement was. Of course she wouldn't get an answer from her dead pet rabbit. But then again... She was dead as well. So she didn't really know what to expect at this point. Not like she ever did, honestly.

"Hehe... hehe... Hahaha... Hahahahaha...!" Jeanne laughed. She laughed and laughed and laughed as she fell to the ground, with Snowfall cuddled onto her chest as she released her from the grip. "This is the afterlife, huh...? Perfect for you, right, Snowfall...?..." She said, as if she was expecting some sort of answer. She breathed out.

"...." And she breathed. And breathed, and breathed, and breathed... That's all she could really do in this situation, honestly. What else could she do? Talk to her pet rabbit like some insane person until the end of time and space? What a joke. A cruel, cruel joke that the Godddess was playing on her.

"Well... I'm glad the Goddess... Put you in a place where you could thrive, Snowfall... Her grace and benevolence... shows... hehe... even now." Jeanne said, staying silent for a few moments before speaking again, simply staring up into the white sky. "I... still think about you, Snowfall... I think about the time we spent together, and..."

She clenched her fists for a moment, but... she didn't have the energy to maintain her rage. Not anymore. "I hated them both so much... I hate them both so much, for doing that to you... I hate them so much... I hate them... so, so much... I hate them..
I hate... hate... hate them..."

"Hate... hate... h-hate..." Jeanne didn't even notice the tears that had begun to pour from her eyes as she constantly recited the word "hate" as if it was the only word she'd ever learned. "H...ate... Ha...te.. Hate...!!"

And then, she shouted. Shouted as loud as she could.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

For as long as she could, and as loud as she could... She shouted and shouted, letting out all the rage in her fractured heart. She shouted, and shouted, and shouted, until her vocal chords couldn't take it anymore. Her voice set alight the entire world around her, her sound, her symphony... echoed across the blizzard, until she just... stopped.

"Haaa... Haa..." And she continued to cry. "Snowfall... Oh... Snowfall... Please come back to me... Please..."

She begged, even knowing that she would be given no answer. She begged, as if she would be given any form of forgiveness for what she had done. Anything, she begged for any kind of response. She begged, for anything... But of course. She wouldn't be given any response.

"You must hate me, right, Snowfall...?" She muttered. "For what they did... For what I did... You... You must despise me..."

Jeanne simply went limp once more. "You... hate me... Of course..." She muttered, "You..."

"...I don't hate you, Jeanne."

Jeanne froze in her tracks, her eyes widening. "H-huh...?" She tried to identify the sound of this voice. It was dainty, high-pitched, akin to a little girl. She began hyperventilating for only a moment, before sitting up ever so slightly, beginning to look down. "Wh-What...?"

"I've never hated you, Jeanne."

"S-Snowfall...? Y-You... You can..." Jeanne's voice trembled. She didn't know what to say, and just as she tried to speak, she was cut off.

"I could never hate you, Jeanne... I could never. You gave me a home. You fed me. Loved me, Jeanne, when nobody did." Snowfall said, "I love you, Jeanne. More than anything."

"B-But... I-I-I-" Jeanne's voice continued to tremble, tears beginning to pour from her eyes in a more profuse amount.

"It wasn't your fault, Jeanne." Snowfall said, "I know it wasn't. You don't have to feel guilty for what happened."

"S-Snowfall...!" Jeanne called out to her.

"I... loved our time, Jeanne. Our time together. I loved the way you held me. I love the way you talked to me, Jeanne. And I loved the way... you told me about your dream. Your dream to become a knight. Your dream to prove all of them wrong." Snowfall said, a tiny, dainty smiling forming on her narrowed snout.

"I..." Jeanne wanted to call out again, but...

"I'm right here, Jeanne. I never left. I'm inside you, supporting your dreams. I... liked listening to your dreams, Jeanne. I know you'll achieve them. Don't give up." Snowfall said, "I'll live in your heart, Jeanne..."

"In exhange..." Snowfall moved up to Jeanne's face. Gently, she nuzzled her cheek into Jeanne's, affection thick in the action.

"Snowfall... Wait..." Jeanne called out once more... Just... one more time...

"...Please show me more of your dreams, Jeanne."

"SNOWFALL!!!" Jeanne shot up from the ground with a jump start, sweat pouring from her. She reached out, gripping the air with her right hand, as if she was going to grab something... But there was nothing but the cold, lonely air to greet her as she breathed in and out heavily, looking around. Gently, she placed her right hand on her armored chest, feeling the gentle, faint thumping of her heart.

"...Are you... in my heart... Snowfall...?" Jeanne whispered to herself. "Are you... Are you still with me... Snowfall...?"

Jeanne stood up, letting out a soft, gentle sigh. "I... I wish I could feel you, Snowfall..." And she began walking out from the clearing, back to the inn. She walked, and walked, and walked, her messy, blonde hair flowing over her deep blue eyes.

"I... wish... I could feel you in my heart..." She whispered as she reached the inn. Softly, she placed her hand against the door, as if she didn't want to go in.

"I... wish... I could see you again..."

She whispered, before finally simply walking to her room.

Sylvia breathed out, turning to Siglos. Softly, she placed her hand on her mate's shoulder. "She's... at the inn right now, honey. You can go see her if you want to..."
"I... I'm going to look for pain reduction measures in the library..." Shalor said before the exhaustion of moving around practically all day hit him all at once, causing him to stumble a bit

"I... I'm going to look for pain reduction measures in the library..." Shalor said before the exhaustion of moving around practically all day hit him all at once, causing him to stumble a bit
"No, you need to go to sleep, kid, before you collapse from exhaustion..." Sylvia said, "I know how you humans work, and you don't have infinite stamina..."

"No, you need to go to sleep, kid, before you collapse from exhaustion..." Sylvia said, "I know how you humans work, and you don't have infinite stamina..."
"I..." Shalor said, breathing a bit heavily "All right... I'll do it tomorrow." Shalor murmured, turning slowly to begin to walk back, but he was definitely a little slow due to his exhaustion

Siglos's face paled, the Everian taking in a soft breath. He said nothing for a moment...before nodding.

"...Y-you...a-are...r-right...m-my...my love..." Siglos said softly. Slowly, he stood to his feet, his legs trembling.
"But even if I am, it's up to you, baby... I know you're hurting right now... And you don't have to make yourself hurt even more if you really don't want to. Alright?" Sylvia said softly.

"But even if I am, it's up to you, baby... I know you're hurting right now... And you don't have to make yourself hurt even more if you really don't want to. Alright?" Sylvia said softly.
“……” Siglos said nothing for a moment, his ears twitching.

“I…I…” he trailed off, his breathing quickening, his heart pounding deafeningly in his small chest. He stumbled slightly, falling onto his hands and knees as he felt wave after wave of panic rising in his body.

“I-I n-need…I-I s-should…” he muttered, barely coherent. He closed his eyes, taking several deep breaths, saying nothing more.

“……” Siglos said nothing for a moment, his ears twitching.

“I…I…” he trailed off, his breathing quickening, his heart pounding deafeningly in his small chest. He stumbled slightly, falling onto his hands and knees as he felt wave after wave of panic rising in his body.

“I-I n-need…I-I s-should…” he muttered, barely coherent. He closed his eyes, taking several deep breaths, saying nothing more.
"Siglos, remember what we talked about in the cave..." Sylvia said, kneeling down a bit more and helping her mate stand.

"You're completely free here, Siglos... You have all the power and control. Calm down, and make whatever decision you want, and I will support that decision... okay?"

"Siglos, remember what we talked about in the cave..." Sylvia said, kneeling down a bit more and helping her mate stand.

"You're completely free here, Siglos... You have all the power and control. Calm down, and make whatever decision you want, and I will support that decision... okay?"
Siglos clung to his mate as she helped him to her feet, continuing to breathe heavily. Hastily, he activated one of the scented rings on his fingers, a thick, mist of lavender scent coating his body. He let the sensations wash over him, the smell of lavender, the comforting warmth of Sylvia's flesh...and he slowly began to calm down.

"........" Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...I-I...c-can't...." Siglos trailed off, his body trembling for a moment.

"...I-I c-can't...f-face h-her...l-like t-this. I-it w-will...o-only m-make t-things...w-worse...f-for her..." He murmured.

Siglos clung to his mate as she helped him to her feet, continuing to breathe heavily. Hastily, he activated one of the scented rings on his fingers, a thick, mist of lavender scent coating his body. He let the sensations wash over him, the smell of lavender, the comforting warmth of Sylvia's flesh...and he slowly began to calm down.

"........" Siglos said nothing for a moment, before slowly nodding.

"...I-I...c-can't...." Siglos trailed off, his body trembling for a moment.

"...I-I c-can't...f-face h-her...l-like t-this. I-it w-will...o-only m-make t-things...w-worse...f-for her..." He murmured.
Sylvia nodded, "And that's completely fine. You don't need to force yourself right now..." She said, smiling gently as she made her best attempts to be supportive.

"Do you want a hug...?"

Sylvia did indeed hug him, pulling him into her stomach with her massive, meaty arms. She loosened her stomach muscles, allowing him to gently seep into the soft mass, which was akin to a large pillow.
Siglos wrapped his arms around as much of Sylvia's waist as he could, pressing his face deep into her soft flesh. He let out a soft, choke breath, the grief of potentially losing Jeanne growing thick in his throat. He remained in her grip for as long as she would permit, Sylvia being able to feel the slightest bit of moisture covering her torso. The sound of the young Everian's weeping...was muffled and silenced by his mate's body.

Siglos wrapped his arms around as much of Sylvia's waist as he could, pressing his face deep into her soft flesh. He let out a soft, choke breath, the grief of potentially losing Jeanne growing thick in his throat. He remained in her grip for as long as she would permit, Sylvia being able to feel the slightest bit of moisture covering her torso. The sound of the young Everian's weeping...was muffled and silenced by his mate's body.
Sylvia gently patted her mate on the back, "It'll be okay, Siglos... I promise you that it'll be okay... We won't let her die... Alright...?"

Sylvia gently patted her mate on the back, "It'll be okay, Siglos... I promise you that it'll be okay... We won't let her die... Alright...?"
Siglos lingered in Sylvia's embrace for several long moments, his tears continuing to flow. Gingerly, he took a deep breath, pressing his face deep into Sylvia's stomach.

"......."

"A...a-alright...." He murmured. His voice was pained, stained with grief and sadness, the muffled noise barely audible. But...her words were helping, that much was clear, the Everian's body slowly growing more relaxed as he sunk into her embrace.

Sylvia continued to allow Siglos to linger in her embrace for as long as he would so desire, continuing to gently pat him on his back. Gingerly, she would lean down, before lovingly planting a kiss on Siglos's head, hoping that would help to further calm him down.

Shalor trembled, he hated it, he hated it with every fiber of his being, but he knew he had to let them do their work, but he stopped, nearly falling over and only catching himself with his chains, he was breathing heavily and hadn't even made it halfway down the road yet, he inwardly wondered if there was any way he'd make it back to the motel in his state, but he just kept on trying, through his exhaustion he tried to press on

Sylvia continued to allow Siglos to linger in her embrace for as long as he would so desire, continuing to gently pat him on his back. Gingerly, she would lean down, before lovingly planting a kiss on Siglos's head, hoping that would help to further calm him down.
Siglos took a long, deep breath, letting his mate's comfort slowly ease his beating heart. He remained silent for a few, long moments, before slowly shifting his head, returning her kiss as he pressed his lips against her stomach.

“W-we…w-we w-won’t l-let h-her die…” He whispered to himself, repeating his mate's words. He rested his cheek against her, his tears slowly growing dry on his face.

Siglos took a long, deep breath, letting his mate's comfort slowly ease his beating heart. He remained silent for a few, long moments, before slowly shifting his head, returning her kiss as he pressed his lips against her stomach.

“W-we…w-we w-won’t l-let h-her die…” He whispered to himself, repeating his mate's words. He rested his cheek against her, his tears slowly growing dry on his face.
Sylvia nodded, "Of course we won't... She's going to live, okay?" She said. Gently, she ran her large hand across his hair, softly patting his head.

Sylvia nodded, "Of course we won't... She's going to live, okay?" She said. Gently, she ran her large hand across his hair, softly patting his head.
Siglos breathed out one, final time, the Everian slowly opening his eyes as he felt Sylvia’s gentle hand ruffle his hair.

“O-ok,” Siglos said softly, his breath steadying in his throat. He slowly pulled away from Sylvia's stomach, wiping his reddened eyes with his hand.

“T-thank you…Sylvia…”

Siglos breathed out one, final time, the Everian slowly opening his eyes as he felt Sylvia’s gentle hand ruffle his hair.

“O-ok,” Siglos said softly, his breath steadying in his throat. He slowly pulled away from Sylvia's stomach, wiping his reddened eyes with his hand.

“T-thank you…Sylvia…”
Sylvia softly nodded, "There's no need to thank me, honey... I'm here for you. You should get some rest, alright? You've had a long enough day..."

Sylvia softly nodded, "There's no need to thank me, honey... I'm here for you. You should get some rest, alright? You've had a long enough day..."
Siglos said nothing for a moment, his ears twitching.

“R-rest...r-right...I....I s-should...s...s-sleep...” He murmured to himself. He hesitated, before slowly nodding.

"C-can...c-can y-you...w-walk m-me...b-back t-to t-the inn? P-please..." He murmured softly.

Siglos said nothing for a moment, his ears twitching.

“R-rest...r-right...I....I s-should...s...s-sleep...” He murmured to himself. He hesitated, before slowly nodding.

"C-can...c-can y-you...w-walk m-me...b-back t-to t-the inn? P-please..." He murmured softly.
"You don't even have to ask, baby." Sylvia said, her tail gently wagging. "Do you need me to carry you?"

Shalor continued stumbling on, At this point he'd only reached the end of the city block, and felt himself growing slower still, yet he shook himself and still kept on trying to walk, mustering the will to keep moving despite the exhaustion aching across his body

"...I...I w-would...l-like t-that...m-my love..." Siglos murmured. He looked up at her, forcing a shaky smile onto his face as he lifted his hands, allowing her to easily grab him off the ground.
Sylvia smiled, gently beginning to hoist Siglos into the sky. She perked him up perfectly onto her shoulder, while also making it easy for him to lean against her if he so desired, her broad shoulder serving almost like a chair or miniature couch.

Sylvia smiled, gently beginning to hoist Siglos into the sky. She perked him up perfectly onto her shoulder, while also making it easy for him to lean against her if he so desired, her broad shoulder serving almost like a chair or miniature couch.
Siglos sat on Sylvia's shoulder for a moment, before slowly leaning in, pressing his cheek against hers. Gingerly, he wrapped his hands around her neck, embracing her softly.

"...I l-love you, Sylvia." He murmured. Anxiety still plagued his mind, but...being with her eased his tension, gave him hope, when he may have fallen into despair.

Sylvia smiled, savoring the warmth of Siglos's flesh against herself as he pressed himself against her body. She whispered as she walked, "I love you to, Siglos... I'll always be with you, my Ashen Gem..."
Siglos slowly began to nuzzle her cheek, a small, yet genuine smile spreading across his lips.

"...And I'll a-always b-be yours...my Darling Emerald..." He whispered.

Shalor dragged himself to try go faster, he was keeping his breathing steady at least, but he was mostly unaware of the world around him outside of what was directly in front of him, he was worried that if he used his chains to get around he'd start causing damage

Back