• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos hesitated for a moment, his ears twitching.

"W-well...I k-know o-of...a...open p-plaza...t-that should b-be...e-empty t-this a-around t-this time..." Siglos said softly.

"...A-as l-long a-as y-you...d-don't d-destroy a-anything...y-you could u-use it f-for some...l-light practice..."
Erebus nods, still remaining silent as he glances at his sword's hilt. "Guess I can't use this guy..." he mumbled.

(Okay, time to actually reply. lol)

Saffi was in a city library rather than staying at the inn...finding any clue to a remedy for Jeanne's condition was far more important than anything else at the moment. Seeing as most were Everians, it wasn't out of the question that any library would include large amounts of information on the mystic arts...

Jeanne tilted her head, "Oh? I didn't expect Aegis to have such an area, given how crowded the city is..."
"The city w-was...created b-by some of t-the...b-best Everian architects. E-even w-with s-so many p-people...t-they s-still f-found room f-for...l-less crowded, areas. E-especially a-at night." Siglos explained softly.

"...T-though t-they c-can be...h-hard to find..."

(Okay, time to actually reply. lol)

Saffi was in a city library rather than staying at the inn...finding any clue to a remedy for Jeanne's condition was far more important than anything else at the moment. Seeing as most were Everians, it wasn't out of the question that any library would include large amounts of information on the mystic arts...
"Is there anything I can help you look for, ma'am?" An employee of the library walked up to Saffi as she searched through the library, eager to assist in her research.
"The city w-was...created b-by some of t-the...b-best Everian architects. E-even w-with s-so many p-people...t-they s-still f-found room f-for...l-less crowded, areas. E-especially a-at night." Siglos explained softly.

"...T-though t-they c-can be...h-hard to find..."
"Sounds delightful... Would you mind leading the way, then?" Jeanne requested, "If you would, I mean."

"Is there anything I can help you look for, ma'am?" An employee of the library walked up to Saffi as she searched through the library, eager to assist in her research.

"Sounds delightful... Would you mind leading the way, then?" Jeanne requested, "If you would, I mean."
Siglos hesitated. Somewhat uneasy about walking through the city. He took a breath, before slowly nodding.

"....I-I...I c-can do that. The w-walk isn't...t-too far..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I a-assume S-Shalor and E-Erebus w-will f-follow a-as well?" Siglos asked, glancing at the two.

Siglos hesitated. Somewhat uneasy about walking through the city. He took a breath, before slowly nodding.

"....I-I...I c-can do that. The w-walk isn't...t-too far..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I a-assume S-Shalor and E-Erebus w-will f-follow a-as well?" Siglos asked, glancing at the two.
Jeanne nodded, "Alright, thank you, Siglos. Should we tell Sylvia where you're going? I doubt she won't be able to smell or hear you, even if we were to go to the farthest edges of the city, but, she is your significant other, so I don't want her to worry."
"Cures for mana-induced injuries and illnesses..." Saffi said. "Anything that even comes close..."
"That's... quite a broad subject, ma'am. Is a friend of yours perhaps sick?" The employee asked, concern audible in their tone.

"Right, we don't want her to worry, at most leave her a note" Noah said to Siglos
Jeanne nodded, "Alright, thank you, Siglos. Should we tell Sylvia where you're going? I doubt she won't be able to smell or hear you, even if we were to go to the farthest edges of the city, but, she is your significant other, so I don't want her to worry."
"O-oh!" Siglos said. He glanced at Noah, seemingly not noticing the Dragon's presence until now.

"Y-yeah...y-you t-two a-are...p-probably right. I...d-don't w-want t-to worry her..." He murmured. He glanced toward Sylvia, checking if she and Cain were finished with their chat.

"O-oh!" Siglos said. He glanced at Noah, seemingly not noticing the Dragon's presence until now.

"Y-yeah...y-you t-two a-are...p-probably right. I...d-don't w-want t-to worry her..." He murmured. He glanced toward Sylvia, checking if she and Cain were finished with their chat.
Sylvia and Cain continued to linger within an embrace for a few more moments, Cain's grip around her waist tightening ever so slightly. But, eventually, Cain released her grip, gently breathing out. She seemed... unsatisfied, but, even she knew they couldn't draw attention by hugging any longer.

"Letting go so soon...?" Sylvia asked as she, in turn, released Cain from her grip. She puffed up her cheeks lightly, as if she didn't want to let go.

Cain shook her head, "We can't stay like this forever... We'll draw unnecessary attention. Besides, Siglos is staring at us." She said. Even though she wasn't actually looking at him nor was she really in his general vicinity, she could feel his gaze upon her and Sylvia, her eyes narrowing.

"Oh, is he?" Sylvia said, shaking her head. Normally, she would've noticed Siglos' stare instantly like Cain, but, she was so enthralled in the moment with her friend that his presence went completely unnoticed. Sylvia blushed slightly at such a blunder.

"Heh... Go check on him. Ask him what he wants." Cain said.

Sylvia breathed out, "Yeah... yeah. I'll be back!"

Cain nodded as Sylvia waddled her ass over to Siglos.

"I'm getting rusty..." Sylvia thought to herself as she walked over to Siglos and company, kneeling down.

"Need something, babe?" She then asked.
"Yes...her initial symptoms have been healed but there are still side-effects, notably feverish effects whenever she feels high amounts of stress..."
"Well... There are hundreds of illnesses which fit the bill. Are you sure your friend doesn't just have the flu...?" The librarian asked.

"I'm getting rusty..." Sylvia thought to herself as she walked over to Siglos and company, kneeling down.

"Need something, babe?" She then asked.
Siglos glanced up at Sylvia, a soft smile growing on his face.

"...I-I...d-didn't m-mean to interrupt m-my love..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I j-just w-wanted t-to let you k-know t-that I was...g-going i-into the city. T-to...s-show Jeanne and the o-others a g-good spot to train."

Siglos glanced up at Sylvia, a soft smile growing on his face.

"...I-I...d-didn't m-mean to interrupt m-my love..." Siglos said softly.

"...I...I j-just w-wanted t-to let you k-know t-that I was...g-going i-into the city. T-to...s-show Jeanne and the o-others a g-good spot to train."
"Oh! I should probably go with you, then. Wouldn't want you to come back missing a limb or something." Sylvia said.

Siglos shuddered slightly, his ears twitching.

"...I-it's...-i-it's alright Sylvia. I...I d-don't p-plan on t-training with them..." Siglos said, shaking his head.
"Duh. But I've seen plenty of people get their eyes put out when standing around people training to hard. Especially with goobers as inexperienced as those two, you could get hurt." Sylvia said, glancing down at Shalor and Jeanne.

"Hey..." Jeanne grunted, sighing.

"Duh. But I've seen plenty of people get their eyes put out when standing around people training to hard. Especially with goobers as inexperienced as those two, you could get hurt." Sylvia said, glancing down at Shalor and Jeanne.

"Hey..." Jeanne grunted, sighing.
Siglos shook his head, holding back a chuckle.

"...A-are y-you sure y-you...w-want to g-go, h-honey? I...I d-don't w-want t-to.... i-interrupt, y-you and Cain..." He said softly.

Siglos shook his head, holding back a chuckle.

"...A-are y-you sure y-you...w-want to g-go, h-honey? I...I d-don't w-want t-to.... i-interrupt, y-you and Cain..." He said softly.
"Cain is... fine with it, Siglos. She told me as much herself. Besides, I'm getting a bit rusty myself. I might even join in." Sylvia said, stretching out a bit.

"I guess you could say I'm... eager, yeah." Sylvia said, "I haven't trained in a while so I'm... getting a bit rusty. Can't have that happening."
“…R-rusty? Y-you…s-seemed quite…l-limber e-earlier…” Siglos murmured, a bit confused.

"Well, seems like you're a bit eager..." he said, crossing his arms. "Siglos, why not lead the way to that training area you were talking about..."
“O-oh! O-of course…follow m-me…” He said softly. He hesitated for a moment, glancing around at the surrounding buildings, before beginning to walk down the street.

Jeanne just breathed out, nodding before she began following behind Siglos, hoping Sylvia and Erebus didn't cause any unnecessary property damage.

“…R-rusty? Y-you…s-seemed quite…l-limber e-earlier…” Siglos murmured, a bit confused.
"Limber? More like completely stiff... I'm way off my game." Sylvia said as she walked, "If Cain saw that display she'd probably laugh at me..."
"She endured an attack from a magical weapon that almost killed her. She had been in a state of unconsciousness and pain for quite some time...she's had a noticeable amount of recovery, but still retains the symptoms."
"That... doesn't sound like any disease I know of. Let me get you all the books I can." The librarian said, before going off to get Saffi the material she needed.

"Limber? More like completely stiff... I'm way off my game." Sylvia said as she walked, "If Cain saw that display she'd probably laugh at me..."
"R-really? I...I c-can't i-imagine h-how...g-graceful y-you'd b-be i-in y-your prime then, Sylvia" Siglos said softly, a bit taken aback.

Eventually, as the group walked, they would come across a wide, open plaza. Buildings, mostly shops that had closed for the night, surrounded the area, though they were far enough away that there was more than enough room to roam around. yellow light shone gently across the area, the arcane enchantments, woven into the ground itself, illuminating the land in absence of any street lamps.

Eventually, as the group walked, they would come across a wide, open plaza. Buildings, mostly shops that had closed for the night, surrounded the area, though they were far enough away that there was more than enough room to roam around. yellow light shone gently across the area, the arcane enchantments, woven into the ground itself, illuminating the land in absence of any street lamps.
Erebus scans the area, looking around for possible scenarios of the upcoming fight.
Usually, he'd just go berserk right at the start and go haywire and whoever he's fighting, but he sees that side of himself to be a lost cause... something he doesn't wish to become once again

Jeanne breathed out, "Well... It's something. Didn't expect a place like this to be open at such a late hour."

Sylvia began stretching out, working out some of the tension in her adamantine muscles as she observed the area, recording its every inch into her mind perfectly. "Yeah, nice place. Big enough that we shouldn't damage it if we hold back."

Jeanne breathed out, "Well... It's something. Didn't expect a place like this to be open at such a late hour."

Sylvia began stretching out, working out some of the tension in her adamantine muscles as she observed the area, recording its every inch into her mind perfectly. "Yeah, nice place. Big enough that we shouldn't damage it if we hold back."
"...D-during t-the d-day...t-this p-place is a...p-pretty l-lively m-marketplace. S-some...younger E-Everians a-also use i-it to...play." Siglos said. He took a few more steps forward, the ground shimmering beneath his boots. Decorative patterns swirled within multi-colored cobblestone, highlighting the beautiful architecture of the plaza itself.

"...B-but...t-they d-don't block a-access to i-it at night. S-so...a-as long as y-you guys don't...d-destroy anything...w-we should be a-allowed to stay."

Back