• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Jeanne simply watched as Shalor and Noah fought, breathing out as she looked away. She didn't plan on joining them, that much was apparent, as she moved to the further edges of the plaza to be alone. "What am I even doing..." She thought to herself, just gripping her sword.
As the coin drops to the ground, Erebus prepares himself, readying his ballista as he pulls out one of his black machetes.
Sylvia merely sighed, opening her eyes as she began standing up with a yawn. "About time... was getting tired of waiting." She muttered as she awaited Erebus' attack.

The coin dropped to the ground, making a slight clank sound. As soon as Sylvia yaw-ned, Erebus aimed his crossbow and shot it right at her torso, deliberately using it as a feint.
Sylvia took action even faster than she could think, snatching the arrow out of the air by subconsciously predicting the trajectory of the crossbow bolt the very instant it even left the crossbow. Before her mind could even catch up with her movements, she twisted her hips and launched the arrow back towards Erebus with a heave.

"Oh. We started. Didn't realize." She thought to herself as her mind caught up with her instincts, the girl seeing how Erebus would respond to his own attack being turned against him.

Sylvia took action even faster than she could think, snatching the arrow out of the air by subconsciously predicting the trajectory of the crossbow bolt the very instant it even left the crossbow. Before her mind could even catch up with her movements, she twisted her hips and launched the arrow back towards Erebus with a heave.

"Oh. We started. Didn't realize." She thought to herself as her mind caught up with her instincts, the girl seeing how Erebus would respond to his own attack being turned against him.
Before Sylvia knew it, Erebus wasn't there anymore. He took his time getting behind as he launches knives from the sky, hanging on top with his grappling hook.

Sylvia instantly snatched the knives from the air the moment they came within range, holding them between her fingers by the blades. Clearly, she could intercept attacks even from her supposed "blind spot", immediately locating Erebus.

"He's fast..." She thought to herself as she sized him up, awaiting his next move.

Siglos hummed idly to himself, too engrossed in his work to notice the two massive warriors engage in their spar. He began to slowly slice apart a large piece of the leather, running a soft hand around the material to ensure it maintained his desired thickness and length.

"...Maybe I should...decorate this to...it is a knight's sheath, after all..." Siglos thought to himself. A soft smile crossed his face, inwardly hoping he could make a sheath that would make Jeanne happy.

Sylvia instantly snatched the knives from the air the moment they came within range, holding them between her fingers by the blades. Clearly, she could intercept attacks even from her supposed "blind spot", immediately locating Erebus.

"He's fast..." She thought to herself as she sized him up, awaiting his next move.
As she snatches them, a harpoon with a rope suddenly shot out from behind her again, this time to restrain her legs. Erebus then appears right in front of her as he swings his machetes, from her shoulder downward.

Sylvia automatically flicked one of the knives caught between her fingers toward the harpoon the very moment she sensed it in her vicinity, the knife slicing through the rope and swiftly slowing the momentum of the harpoon as it fell to the ground before it could wrap around her legs. While doing this, she simultaneously sensed Erebus coming towards her, parrying the blade away against the back of her hand. Swiftly, she was getting used to his movements the more of his cards he revealed, and was reacting with more speed.

Sylvia automatically flicked one of the knives caught between her fingers toward the harpoon the very moment she sensed it in her vicinity, the knife slicing through the rope and swiftly slowing the momentum of the harpoon as it fell to the ground before it could wrap around her legs. While doing this, she simultaneously sensed Erebus coming towards her, parrying the blade away against the back of her hand. Swiftly, she was getting used to his movements the more of his cards he revealed, and was reacting with more speed.
As Sylvia adapted, so too did Erebus. He somehow got hold of the knives she flicked, and the grappling hook that she broke, before grabbing her hand with his metal arm as he changes the momentum of the sword swing into his other hand and went to slash the other way.

Sylvia countered reflexively, parrying Erebus' mechanical arm away with the back of her hand before he could grab her and then once again reflexively side-stepping his sword-swing with only micrometers to spare.

Assuming her counters were successful, she rushed forward, delivering a swift strike to the center of Erebus's chestplate with the tips of her knuckles. Concentrating vibrations at the very tips of her knuckles, she sent her strike hurdling through his armor, intending to strike at his heart directly and temporarily stop its beating.

Sylvia countered reflexively, parrying Erebus' mechanical arm away with the back of her hand before he could grab her and then once again reflexively side-stepping his sword-swing with only micrometers to spare.

Assuming her counters were successful, she rushed forward, delivering a swift strike to the center of Erebus's chestplate with the tips of her knuckles. Concentrating vibrations at the very tips of her knuckles, she sent her strike hurdling through his armor, intending to strike at his heart directly and temporarily stop its beating.
Sylvia manages to grace Erebus's chest, but the pain of it didn't matter to him. As he missed the sword swing, he spun around and used the momentum from Sylvia as a pole vault, delivering a strike to her spine with his mechanical arm, boosting its power by firing a cannon at the opposite side, putting more force to the desired body part.

Sylvia manages to grace Erebus's chest, but the pain of it didn't matter to him. As he missed the sword swing, he spun around and used the momentum from Sylvia as a pole vault, delivering a strike to her spine with his mechanical arm, boosting its power by firing a cannon at the opposite side, putting more force to the desired body part.
Sylvia could've dodged the strike to her spine, but decided against it, allowing the attack to strike against her. For any normal foe, this would've paralyzed them instantly, but, Sylvia was no ordinary adversary. The moment Erebus's strike connected, Sylvia moved, the damage not affecting her at all seemingly as she gripped Erebus by both of his wrists, her grip like steel. Without any lapse in her movements, she then brought Erebus to the ground, hooking her legs around his and mounting him. Should this submission attempt be successful, Sylvia would begin showering Erebus with blows from close range, using her superior size and bulk to her advantage.

Sylvia could've dodged the strike to her spine, but decided against it, allowing the attack to strike against her. For any normal foe, this would've paralyzed them instantly, but, Sylvia was no ordinary adversary. The moment Erebus's strike connected, Sylvia moved, the damage not affecting her at all seemingly as she gripped Erebus by both of his wrists, her grip like steel. Without any lapse in her movements, she then brought Erebus to the ground, hooking her legs around his and mounting him. Should this submission attempt be successful, Sylvia would begin showering Erebus with blows from close range, using her superior size and bulk to her advantage.
As Sylvia tried gripping his hands and locking her legs, there were multiple blades spikes that protude from his armor.

The girl heard a click in one of his arms, his arm unfolded and revealed a cannon, pointed directly at her face. Erebus strengthened his body and competed against Sylvia's strength, forcing his legs to stand up.

As Sylvia tried gripping his hands and locking her legs, there were multiple blades spikes that protude from his armor.

The girl heard a click in one of his arms, his arm unfolded and revealed a cannon, pointed directly at her face. Erebus strengthened his body and competed against Sylvia's strength, forcing his legs to stand up.
Sylvia was unbothered by her wounds, the girl using the inherent Body Control of the Rakshashin to seal the wounds the moment they were made, stopping the bleeding so that she could continue fighting. Though, she was surprised that spikes had shot from his armor when she grabbed him, this didn't last as she immediately corrected herself and moved to counter.

Sylvia then noticed the cannon, and took immediate action. While fighting to bring Erebus into a proper mount, she purposely made movements to avoid the cannon, immediately correcting her position upon Erebus the moment the cannon came within aim of her body, predicting the trajectory of where he'd move the cannon through the movement of his joints through his armor.

At the same time, fighting against Sylvia's submission proved extraordinarily difficult. Every time Erebus moved to fight against her or correct his position, Sylvia met him not even a second later, instantly hooking him once again as it seemed as if Erebus was looking at a mirror image of himself due to how expertly she was matching his movements to keep him into a hold. It seemed grappling was most definitely one of her specialties, and that escaping one of her holds once it had been set into place would be a herculean task.

Sylvia was unbothered by her wounds, the girl using the inherent Body Control of the Rakshashin to seal the wounds the moment they were made, stopping the bleeding so that she could continue fighting. Though, she was surprised that spikes had shot from his armor when she grabbed him, this didn't last as she immediately corrected herself and moved to counter.

Sylvia then noticed the cannon, and took immediate action. While fighting to bring Erebus into a proper mount, she purposely made movements to avoid the cannon, immediately correcting her position upon Erebus the moment the cannon came within aim of her body, predicting the trajectory of where he'd move the cannon through the movement of his joints through his armor.

At the same time, fighting against Sylvia's submission proved extraordinarily difficult. Every time Erebus moved to fight against her or correct his position, Sylvia met him not even a second later, instantly hooking him once again as it seemed as if Erebus was looking at a mirror image of himself due to how expertly she was matching his movements to keep him into a hold. It seemed grappling was most definitely one of her specialties, and that escaping one of her holds once it had been set into place would be a herculean task.
After a few moments of struggling, he analyzed her movements, reading the twitching of the muscles, the way she's pinning him, and coming with up with a solution to multiple scenarios that he could make up.

Simultaneously, Erebus began kicking his feet in the air, inserting his legs to the lady's torso and pushing himself away from the grab. He then used his locked elbows to pull her close and performs a flip, suplexing her to the ground.

After a few moments of struggling, he analyzed her movements, reading the twitching of the muscles, the way she's pinning him, and coming with up with a solution to multiple scenarios that he could make up.

Simultaneously, Erebus began kicking his feet in the air, inserting his legs to the lady's torso and pushing himself away from the grab. He then used his locked elbows to pull her close and performs a flip, suplexing her to the ground.
Even with her movements analyzed, Sylvia wouldn't let go of Erebus that easily. She read a step ahead of him, and instantly changed her movements, hooking her legs further down Erebus's and pinning them to the ground, the girl making it nigh impossible for Erebus to get the better of her in a contest of submissions.

Even with her movements analyzed, Sylvia wouldn't let go of Erebus that easily. She read a step ahead of him, and instantly changed her movements, hooking her legs further down Erebus's and pinning them to the ground, the girl making it nigh impossible for Erebus to get the better of her in a contest of submissions.
In an effort to get out, Erebus dismounts his false arm, and reattached it with another, grabbing his sword — Ashrune— and swung the giant blade towards Sylvia.

Sylvia's eyes widened. She didn't expect him to literally swing his blade at her to break free, but, subconsciously, she knew she wouldn't get out unscathed if she took a swing from that blade, her instincts warning her of the blade's... mystical properties. So, instead of taking the risk of a close-ranged dodge, she dismounted, doing a swift back-flip with ungodly precision and landing perfectly a meter away, exactly where she wanted to land.

"Damn..." She thought to herself as the holes Erebus made in her hands closed up instantly once she'd finally let go of him and removed the spikes.

Erebus flips instantly and stands in all fours with such grace, now a red glow appearing on his helmet as he gets a hold of Ashrune, and the wounds Sylvia afflicted on him were healing at the same rate she does.

In an instant, Erebus leaps with such inhuman speed, spinning vertically as he swings Ashrune directly at Sylvia.

(Sorry, if I left you Reaper waiting, yesterday was a very difficult day)

Noah dodged, she could feel the chains trying to chain her, she rolled on the ground (dark souls style) to prevent Shalor from taking her
That made her an easy target, Shalor dashed forward while she was in the middle of her doll and grabbed on, holding her still so his chains could wrap around her easier

Shalor slipped out of the Chains as they tightened around Noah, wrapping around her limbs to completely restrain her "I suppose this is a win for me?" He asked
"For your first fight in which I am present, yes" She said still chained

"Your chains are very useful, I couldn't even get close to your body, which makes contact of a weapon against your skin quite difficult, I would recommend improving your mobility and control over the hammer, although you can move it without problem, your posture seems a little out of place" She gave her analysis with a smile.

Erebus seemingly controlled his own momentum and instinctively dodges the kick, spinning in mid-air as he spun his sword around to slash the leg.
Erebus was instantly met with a counter-kick right to his face once more, Sylvia's seamless control of her muscles allowing her to easy control her own momentum and make downright physically impossible movements.

"For your first fight in which I am present, yes" She said still chained

"Your chains are very useful, I couldn't even get close to your body, which makes contact of a weapon against your skin quite difficult, I would recommend improving your mobility and control over the hammer, although you can move it without problem, your posture seems a little out of place" She gave her analysis with a smile.
The chains loosened from their crushing wrap, returning to Shalor and wrapping around his chest in an X pattern once again, he seemed happy "Well it is my first time seeing or holding a hammer, so I'm not expected to have any kind of skill with one!" Shalor responded

The chains loosened from their crushing wrap, returning to Shalor and wrapping around his chest in an X pattern once again, he seemed happy "Well it is my first time seeing or holding a hammer, so I'm not expected to have any kind of skill with one!" Shalor responded
"I know" The Dragoness said as she came to Shalor's side.

"But it's a good start, friend, who knows maybe one day you'll be the best of the group, by the way I'll give you the hammer as a Gift" she said without losing her smile

Jeanne breathed out, just shaking her head. "I shouldn't just stand around... I should... occupy myself with something, yes." She murmured, glancing towards Siglos as he worked on her new sheath. She hesitated for a few moments, before walking over to the Everian man, moving over to him slowly.

"How is it going...?" Jeanne asked quietly, not wanting to startle him.

"But isn't it part of your weapon? Wouldn't it be better to have someone like Siglos make one?" Shalor asked
"Don't worry, luckily it's a pretty good magic construct, it serves as a catalyst so it won't lose power or anything like that" The spear in her hand returns to the shape of her normal sword.

"As long as it has magic, there won't be any problems, so if it separated or breaks it can be rebuilt as if it were nothing, it's a old magic, I think it's from 100 years ago or something like that" She explained

"Don't worry, luckily it's a pretty good magic construct, it serves as a catalyst so it won't lose power or anything like that" The spear in her hand returns to the shape of her normal sword.

"As long as it has magic, there won't be any problems, so if it separated or breaks it can be rebuilt as if it were nothing, it's a old magic, I think it's from 100 years ago or something like that" She explained
"Well, I still think it'd be better for one to be made instead of taking away from your weapon..." Shalor murmured

"Well, I still think it'd be better for one to be made instead of taking away from your weapon..." Shalor murmured
"Oh come on boy, I don't have a problem with that, besides it might not be a good idea to bother Siglos with this and I doubt we can achieve something like that by ourselves if Everians continue to treat us as before" Noah said.

"Come on, it's a gift, it's not like that would kill me" she thought.

Jeanne breathed out, just shaking her head. "I shouldn't just stand around... I should... occupy myself with something, yes." She murmured, glancing towards Siglos as he worked on her new sheath. She hesitated for a few moments, before walking over to the Everian man, moving over to him slowly.

"How is it going...?" Jeanne asked quietly, not wanting to startle him.
Siglos's eyes were fixed intently on the piece of leather on the ground before him, the Everian seeming to...carve something into the material, a half-finished, intricate pattern covering his work, the image of a shining sun displayed vibrantly on its center. The leather itself was hard, clearly the hide of some type of magical beast as opposed to any normal material. Normally, it would be uncuttable to someone as weak as Siglos, if it weren't for the array of magical tools on his side, enchanting specifically for this very task.

He didn't notice Jeanne until she approached, too engrossed in his work to sense her presence until she spoke. His eyes widened as he looked up at her, a shaky smile spreading across his lips.

"O-oh! Hello Jeanne!" He said softly.

"...I-it's...g-going well, I t-think. I...s-should be finished soon."

"Oh come on boy, I don't have a problem with that, besides it might not be a good idea to bother Siglos with this and I doubt we can achieve something like that by ourselves if Everians continue to treat us as before" Noah said.

"Come on, it's a gift, it's not like that would kill me" she thought.
"A-all right..." Shalor responded, still having reservations about taking a part of Noah's weapon

Back