• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Siglos cocked his head, before slowly nodding.

"...I-i'll...r-refrain from...analyzing it, i-if t-that would b-be an issue..." Siglos said. After hearing the otherworldly noises of Erebus's armor, he wasn't exactly eager to concentrate his Mana Hearing on another unknown artifact.
"W-well... they overwhelmed Noah instantly when she tried sensing the magic of them..." Shalor murmured quietly before shaking himself and turning to Jeanne and saw her sword "shouldn't you have your sword repaired... Jeanne...?" Shalor asked

"Well, I wouldn't know. I haven't exactly taken a blow in quite a while to test its durability, and I've no Mana Sense to see the enchantment itself..." Jeanne said, her eyes staying on her sword even as she glanced up to Siglos slightly.
"I-I s-suppose t-that's true" Siglos said, awkwardly chuckling.

"W-well... they overwhelmed Noah instantly when she tried sensing the magic of them..." Shalor murmured quietly before shaking himself and turning to Jeanne and saw her sword "shouldn't you have your sword repaired... Jeanne...?" Shalor asked
"T-that must be... quite powerful then..." Siglos murmured, his enhanced hearing allowing him to pick on on Shalor's mummers. His eyes lingered on the boy for a moment, before slowly turning to Jeanne.

"I-I could c-certainly repair the blade, i-if you d-desire. I-it's in...q-quite poor condition..."

"I'd... rather not. This sword was a gift from... from my master. I'd rather it be left as it is." Jeanne murmured.

Erebus squatted down, pulling a set of black machetes, which appear to be throwing knives given his stature. He slowly began sharpening them. After a while, he places them back in their holsters, and pulls a set of arrows. He reaches over to his right metal arm, the Rakshashin turned a knob, revealing a chamber where he can load the arrows. Pulling the trigger on the ballista, it made a metal clanking sound, indicating that it's locked and loaded. On his other hand, which was partially mechanized, he went to grab a grappling hook, attaching it to the slit in his forearm.

During this time, he was listening to their conversation and waited for when will they start.

"...It's fine, Shalor. He... He was a very great man. Taught me everything I know of swordsmanship and Martial Arts, before he passed..." Jeanne muttered, gently unsheathing her sword. It was broken, chipped, rusted, in poorer condition than most weapons any Warrior or knight would wield. Yet... Jeanne kept the thing, unwilling to let it go or repair it.

"And this was his most prized possession..."

“I-I could…certainly make you a…custom scabbard, Jeanne. O-one that would…keep its c-conditioning from…worsening…” He said softly, raising his hand.
"No it's okay, this is about helping you, right?" Shalor responded with a small smile
Jeanne breathed out, "We can... focus on my sword and its condition later. Besides, it's not like I require a sword made of physical matter to fight."

"You... don't have to do that, Siglos. I'll manage fine without a sheathe for a rusty old sword, for now. You should take the time to relax, instead." Jeanne said with a small smile.
“I-it’s…n-not a problem, J-Jeanne. H-honestly, I’m more f-comfortable w-with m-my tools t-than...o-out here..." Siglos said softly, flashing her a soft smile.

"...A-and...i-if the swords is i-important to you...I would be...honored, t-to provide it protection..."

"Well... You aren't asking for the money, are you? I'm giving it. Think of it as a gift in return." Jeanne said with a wide grin. Clearly, Siglos was getting rewarded whether he liked it or not, the girl's faith compelling her to reward him.

"Well... You aren't asking for the money, are you? I'm giving it. Think of it as a gift in return." Jeanne said with a wide grin. Clearly, Siglos was getting rewarded whether he liked it or not, the girl's faith compelling her to reward him.
Siglos's eyes widened for a moment, before a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"W-well, I-I can h-hardly say n-no to a..g-gift...i-it w-wouldn't be p-proper..." He murmured, gingerly twisting a lock of his hair with his fingers. He wouldn't admit it but...he was already imagining the sound of a few more coins falling into his coin purse.

"...B-but...I've taken e-enough of y-your time. I d-don't mean t-to hold u-up y-your...training s-session!" He said, flashing her a grin.

Siglos's eyes widened for a moment, before a soft chuckle escaped his lips.

"W-well, I-I can h-hardly say n-no to a..g-gift...i-it w-wouldn't be p-proper..." He murmured, gingerly twisting a lock of his hair with his fingers. He wouldn't admit it but...he was already imagining the sound of a few more coins falling into his coin purse.

"...B-but...I've taken e-enough of y-your time. I d-don't mean t-to hold u-up y-your...training s-session!" He said, flashing her a grin.
"Well... We'd still need to actually find a place to train, given we can't leave the city." Jeanne said, letting out a sharp sigh. "I've no idea if Aegis has any open areas where we can practice Martial Arts, but I sincerely doubt it.."

"Well... We'd still need to actually find a place to train, given we can't leave the city." Jeanne said, letting out a sharp sigh. "I've no idea if Aegis has any open areas where we can practice Martial Arts, but I sincerely doubt it.."
Siglos hesitated for a moment, his ears twitching.

"W-well...I k-know o-of...a...open p-plaza...t-that should b-be...e-empty t-this a-around t-this time..." Siglos said softly.

"...A-as l-long a-as y-you...d-don't d-destroy a-anything...y-you could u-use it f-for some...l-light practice..."

Siglos hesitated for a moment, his ears twitching.

"W-well...I k-know o-of...a...open p-plaza...t-that should b-be...e-empty t-this a-around t-this time..." Siglos said softly.

"...A-as l-long a-as y-you...d-don't d-destroy a-anything...y-you could u-use it f-for some...l-light practice..."
Jeanne tilted her head, "Oh? I didn't expect Aegis to have such an area, given how crowded the city is..."

Back