• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Erebus nods as he looks back at his arm.
"The armor removes the pain I feel and is a hotbed for all negative emotions to bubble up inside the user... turning them berserk."
“…S-so it…m-manipulates y-you emotions, to…” Siglos thought. This armor's enchantments were beyond anything the Everian had seen in the past. It seemed to him more like a parasite then a magical armor.

“…I-is it…a-alive?” Siglos murmured. Hesitantly, he focused his Mana Hearing, taking a few, careful steps back as he listened to the magic within metal.

Last edited:
“…S-so it…m-manipulates y-you emotions, to…” Siglos thought. This armor's enchantments were beyond anything the Everian had seen in the past. It seemed to him more like a parasite then a magical armor.

“…I-is it…a-alive?” Siglos murmured. Hesitantly, he focused his Mana Hearing, taking a few, careful steps back as he listened to the magic within metal.
"Beats me..." he said.

As the Everian listened, voices start to plague his head. Things about his father, things about revenge, and things about killing— all of it start echoing as he listens.

"Beats me..." he said.

As the Everian listened, voices start to plague his head. Things about his father, things about revenge, and things about killing— all of it start echoing as he listens.
Siglos stumbled backward, his breath catching in his throat. He lost his balance suddenly, his body falling back onto the cobblestone below. Quickly, he covered his ears with his hands taking several deep breaths. He was scared…terrified even yet also…angry, even the brief exposure to the armor words inspiring a brief, yet intense feeling of fury in the young Everian heart.

“W-wha…h-huh…?” He muttered, his eyes wide. His fists clenched and unclenched, his breathing heavy.

Siglos stumbled backward, his breath catching in his throat. He lost his balance suddenly, his body falling back onto the cobblestone below. Quickly, he covered his ears with his hands taking several deep breaths. He was scared…terrified even yet also…angry, even the brief exposure to the armor words inspiring a brief, yet intense feeling of fury in the young Everian heart.

“W-wha…h-huh…?” He muttered, his eyes wide. His fists clenched and unclenched, his breathing heavy.
Erebus noticed the same reaction he had with the sword from earlier.
"That's enough questions for today, you may get hurt if you continue." he said, sighing as he picks up his sword and looks at Jeanne and the others, whom he'd noticed long ago but bothered not to tell the Everian.

Erebus noticed the same reaction he had with the sword from earlier.
"That's enough questions for today, you may get hurt if you continue." he said, sighing as he picks up his sword and looks at Jeanne and the others, whom he'd noticed long ago but bothered not to tell the Everian.
Siglos took a few more breaths, gradually attempting to calm himself down.

“……” He stared at the man for a moment, before slowly calming down. The magic was…horrifying, to the least…but the Everian had learned from the experience, his brief contact providing him the smallest of inklings into the strange magic used within.

“….” Siglos slowly brought himself to his feet, taking a shaky breath. He glanced at the armor for a moment, shivering intensely.

“…I…I w-want to s-study t-them more…w-when I-I’m….b-better p-prepared.” Siglos said softly. He looked up at Erebus, bowing deeply.

“W-with y-your permission…”

Siglos took a few more breaths, gradually attempting to calm himself down.

“……” He stared at the man for a moment, before slowly calming down. The magic was…horrifying, to the least…but the Everian had learned from the experience, his brief contact providing him the smallest of inklings into the strange magic used within.

“….” Siglos slowly brought himself to his feet, taking a shaky breath. He glanced at the armor for a moment, shivering intensely.

“…I…I w-want to s-study t-them more…w-when I-I’m….b-better p-prepared.” Siglos said softly. He looked up at Erebus, bowing deeply.

“W-with y-your permission…”
"..." Erebus remained silent, though his nod meant a yes towards his statement. He stands up and holsters his sword into his back.

He looks towards Jeanne and back at Siglos, signalling that his friends had arrived.

"Oh- Is he... letting us know we can come over now?" Jeanne thought, tilting her head as she noticed Erebus' gesture. She knew Erebus had long since noticed them, that much was obvious to her, but she didn't know if she should approach.

Siglos breathed out, slowly nodding.

"...I-I g-guess me and S-Sylvia g-got back just i-in time then..." Siglos murmured. He inwardly breathed out a sigh of relief, realizing it was entirely possible they should have been shot down or confronted, if they had arrived after the lockdown.

"...D-do y-you t-two have...a-any -other plans?" Siglos asked.

"No, No, Shalor's right... You, with your massive build, would be... unsuited to training us humans, with our comparably much weaker and less resilient bodies. We can't regenerate, after all..." Jeanne said.
"But, speaking as someone who has no knowledge about training really, wouldn't he be good for like, testing our skills against in some way?" Shalor asked

"Shalor!-" Jeanne cut Shalor off, "F-Forgive his rudeness, Siglos, he doesn't know Everians aren't the most physically inclined..."
"I-it's f-fine, Jeanne...r-really..." Siglos said, his cheeks growing slightly red.

Shalor smiled and nodded in understanding at Jeanne before looking confused at Siglos "Are you weaker physically or something?" Shalor asked in total confusion
"I-i'm...erm...n-not r-really...b-built f-for fighting..." Siglos murmured, flashing him a crooked smile.

"B-but...I-i'd love to s-see t-those...c-chains y-you have, in a-action. I-i'm a...craftsman, you see, a-and those c-chains seem...r-rather unique..."

"I-it's f-fine, Jeanne...r-really..." Siglos said, his cheeks growing slightly red.

"I-i'm...erm...n-not r-really...b-built f-for fighting..." Siglos murmured, flashing him a crooked smile.

"B-but...I-i'd love to s-see t-those...c-chains y-you have, in a-action. I-i'm a...craftsman, you see, a-and those c-chains seem...r-rather unique..."
"Shalor!-" Jeanne cut Shalor off, "F-Forgive his rudeness, Siglos, he doesn't know Everians aren't the most physically inclined..."
"I-I'm sorry!" Shalor said instantly once Jeanne pointed out the mistake

"B-but um... yeah, as long as you don't try to check their mana... unless you really really want to..." Shalor murmured

Jeanne simply breathed out, looking down at her waist. Her eyes trailed down to the sword that had been hooked to her waist. A rusted, chipped sword, withered down from years of training, she had. Meanwhile she set to face those with unimaginable magicks at their disposal with such an average sword. How pathetic, she was.

"Haaaa... Another day, another dollar, Jeanne Constance Valentina." She thought to herself, before just shaking her head.

"I-I'm sorry!" Shalor said instantly once Jeanne pointed out the mistake

"B-but um... yeah, as long as you don't try to check their mana... unless you really really want to..." Shalor murmured
Siglos cocked his head, before slowly nodding.

"...I-i'll...r-refrain from...analyzing it, i-if t-that would b-be an issue..." Siglos said. After hearing the otherworldly noises of Erebus's armor, he wasn't exactly eager to concentrate his Mana Hearing on another unknown artifact.

Jeanne simply breathed out, looking down at her waist. Her eyes trailed down to the sword that had been hooked to her waist. A rusted, chipped sword, withered down from years of training, she had. Meanwhile she set to face those with unimaginable magicks at their disposal with such an average sword. How pathetic, she was.

"Haaaa... Another day, another dollar, Jeanne Constance Valentina." She thought to herself, before just shaking her head.
"...S-speaking of. H-how is y-your...armor h-holding u-up Jeanne? D-do the enchantment's still...f-function?" He asked quietly.

"...S-speaking of. H-how is y-your...armor h-holding u-up Jeanne? D-do the enchantment's still...f-function?" He asked quietly.
"Well, I wouldn't know. I haven't exactly taken a blow in quite a while to test its durability, and I've no Mana Sense to see the enchantment itself..." Jeanne said, her eyes staying on her sword even as she glanced up to Siglos slightly.

Back