• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Chains of Argus • RP Thread

Erebus cracks his neck and his left shoulder with his metal arm and twists a mechanism attached to his left.

Jeanne breathed out, "Well... It's something. Didn't expect a place like this to be open at such a late hour."

Sylvia began stretching out, working out some of the tension in her adamantine muscles as she observed the area, recording its every inch into her mind perfectly. "Yeah, nice place. Big enough that we shouldn't damage it if we hold back."
The armored Rakshashin remained silent, simply readying himself as he checks if his weapons are in the right place, seeing if he forgot any, which there are none.

"...D-during t-the d-day...t-this p-place is a...p-pretty l-lively m-marketplace. S-some...younger E-Everians a-also use i-it to...play." Siglos said. He took a few more steps forward, the ground shimmering beneath his boots. Decorative patterns swirled within multi-colored cobblestone, highlighting the beautiful architecture of the plaza itself.

"...B-but...t-they d-don't block a-access to i-it at night. S-so...a-as long as y-you guys don't...d-destroy anything...w-we should be a-allowed to stay."
"I'll make sure not to damage it, then. Wouldn't want the kids to not have a place to play, after all..." Sylvia said with a chuckle.
Erebus cracks his neck and his left shoulder with his metal arm and twists a mechanism attached to his left.

The armored Rakshashin remained silent, simply readying himself as he checks if his weapons are in the right place, seeing if he forgot any, which there are none.
"And you say I'm the one whose eager... You wanna go?" Sylvia asked, cracking her knuckles.
"Thank you." Saffi smiled.
The librarian came back to Saffi with a enormous stack of books on magical diseases and illnesses, "This is all I could find on such short notice..."

"Cool." Sylvia said with a shrug to Erebus. She was a bit disappointed. Erebus was probably the only person here right now strong enough to give her a challenge.

"Oh well." She said, sitting down with her legs crossed. "Always other ways to train..." She said, closing her eyes as if she was meditating.
"So, Jeanne, what do we need to do to start?" Shalor asked the young knight
Jeanne breathed out, drawing her sword. "I usually train alone, so... I don't really know what to tell you."

Siglos breathed a sigh of relief, inwardly glad Sylvia and Erebus wouldn’t be fighting.

“I-I’ll…just…b-be o-over there…” Siglos said softly, pointing towards a far corner of the plaza. He rummaged in his bag for a moment, checking if he had the material he’d need to start of Jeanne’s sheathe, before quickly scampering away from the warriors, intent on beginning his work.

"Cool." Sylvia said with a shrug to Erebus. She was a bit disappointed. Erebus was probably the only person here right now strong enough to give her a challenge.

"Oh well." She said, sitting down with her legs crossed. "Always other ways to train..." She said, closing her eyes as if she was meditating.

Jeanne breathed out, drawing her sword. "I usually train alone, so... I don't really know what to tell you."
"Anything you think I should try?" Shalor asked

Meanwhile.

Siglos gingerly lifted his tools from his bag, placing them on the ground. Thick leather, sturdy enough to take punishment, yet light enough for him to carry, laid in a heap at his feet, alongside a few bits of metal. Next to him, laid various cutting and shape tools, knives, cutters, and the like. As well as something to engrave designs into the leather itself. He grabbed one of the tools, already feeling some of the anxiousness leave his body as he began to work.

"Well, to my knowledge my advantages are durability and grip strength slash how much I can lift, and my disadvantages are a lack of sheer power or much fighting experience..." Shalor murmured after a pause
"good, that helps, above all it gives more support to the fact that you have to control the chains better, but you will also need another weapon such as a sword, spears or a hammer" Noah says, very thoughtfully

(The hammer you mean lol)
(I'm being sarcastic, I thought I was clear)
"Well, yes and no, Obviously the principle is to swing it and use its weight to cause massive internal and external damage above a sword, what makes things difficult for you is that you will have to learn to defend yourself with it, block or redirect attacks" Noah said to Shalor

Shalor flinched a little as he was touched, taking a step back (I'd be surprised if these chains got taken over or something..." Shalor murmured
"Who knows, the world is full of people who like beautiful things like one's objects or sometimes the individuals themselves, I remember hearing that dragons were hunted in certain areas before." She said as she trembled

"All right...!" Shalor said, letting Noah have the first move
Noah smiled as she scanning Shalor's defenses, for which she knew she couldn't win in grip strength, well not in her human form, but she just had to overwhelm him to end this with attacks.

The Dragoness took the first step, she was fast and precise, going for the left side, if Shalor blocks by moving his hammer she will spin quickly to try to attack his right side

Noah moved, sideways to the ground then tried to bring his legs down with a quick kick.
Shalor was unable to dodge, but the strike borderline bounced off of him, it was clear that there wasn't enough force in such a low-power kick to harm a hair on his body as he proceeded to swing his hammer from left to right, fairly uncontrolled and only really using blunt force

Shalor was unable to dodge, but the strike borderline bounced off of him, it was clear that there wasn't enough force in such a low-power kick to harm a hair on his body as he proceeded to swing his hammer from left to right, fairly uncontrolled and only really using blunt force
Noah rolled to the side, then scrambled to her feet as quickly as possible coming out of hammer range.

"New strategy" The dragon thought, while she waited for Shalor to attack and she could counter him.

Back