• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The sole source of information for this come from a dubious source. Aizen tells this to Momo in a letter where he is manipulating her by inventing a fake plot to destroy Soul Society.

I've seen it noted before that Toshiro doesn't question the actual power of the Sokyoku to destroy Soul Society but rather questions if the plot itself to release it during Rukia's execution is true... but I would not take this as validation that the power of the Sokyoku is as described.

When the Sokyoku is actually released for Rukia's execution, several of the Vice Captains and Captains are surprised by it and clearly have not seen it be demonstrated before going by their reactions. They and Toshiro by extension don't seem like reliable accounts for the Sokyoku's capabilities. So Toshiro not questioning the Sokyoku being capable of destroying Soul Society isn't confirmation of Aizen's statement.

So the only statement we have of potential world-ending power from the Sokyoku is from a known liar in a letter where is lying to his subordinate - and he only really wanted to take advantage of the Sokyoku to destroy Rukia's body, not to wipe out Soul Society.

The spear can generate massive amounts of reiryoku that can overwhelm everything, giving further credence to the manga statement

This is a mild supporting statement sure but not especially useful given the seemingly hyperbolic nature of it. We also know that it can't in fact overwhelm everything.

Based on the information provided about the Sokyoku, it is able to destroy the entire Soul Society by means of a violent explosion. Tackling this with the simplest interpretation would imply that the halberd has planetary attack power.

While this may be the "simplest" way of looking at things, I don't think that necessarily means this is the most reliable or only way of looking at it.

It isn't stated that the Sokyoku would create an explosion, nor one big enough or strong enough to consume the entire planet in a single blast. The way the Sokyoku kills the condemned is seemingly by impaling them & burning them; not violently exploding them. "Insane thermal disruption" can refer just to the amount of heat it gives off.

Naturally Aizen doesn't elaborate on this supposed plot to "destroy the entire Soul Society" but a statement like that without further context doesn't mean we should assume the Sokyoku is meant to be used to blow up the entire planet in a single blast. For all we know this made-up villain from Aizen would use the Sokyoku to raze the Seireitei to the ground then raze the Rukongai to the ground over time, or unleash the power of the Sokyoku multiple times since it isn't stated that the Sokyoku can only be used once.

Consider the fact that a much weaker weapon than Sokyoku can destroy an entire Kyogoku, its connecting dimension, and deal large damage to Soul Society and the living world within a short time frame.

I can understand your logic with the Kido Cannon but there's no direct comparison between them. We have no idea what the true relation is between the "Million Zanpakuto" of the Sokyoku and these 200 Shinigami, or how the Kido Cannon uses the energy of these Shinigami.

I don't have much more to say on the Kido Cannon stuff because any meaningful comparison would be based on speculation.

Since this is the foundational root of a lot of the proposals here, and there's other potential issues in my mind like the "several dozen times" stronger statement, I'm not in favor of using this as the basis to say SAFWY Kenpachi is a solid Planet level.

Statements like "destroy the world" can have a lot of meanings besides a straightforward Planet level Attack Potency for a single attack/usage. In cases where it isn't known for certain, generally we tend to take the lower end approach.

Last edited:
Yeah, was planning to comment but this goes beyond my comprehension of Bleach. Some of the stuff I get (Yamamoto stuff a bit janky in my honest opinion) but that 1000x multiplier stop me cold. I understand what you ment in terms of using it but it's weird to use it in the way you're suggesting but that doesn't mean I'm against it completely though. As I pointed out though, this thread goes beyond my knowledge of how Bleach works so I'm going to back away and let more capable people handle this thread. Sorry Arc.

just gonna post some extra support for section 2.2

Unmasked_God_Aizen_transcends_everything.JPG

Unmasked_God_Aizen_surpasses_Reio.JPG

Unmasked_4th_Fusion_Aizen_reached_Reio_level.JPG

unknown.png

unknown.png

Yeah, was planning to comment but this goes beyond my comprehension of Bleach. Some of the stuff I get (Yamamoto stuff a bit janky in my honest opinion) but that 1000x multiplier stop me cold. I understand what you ment in terms of using it but it's weird to use it in the way you're suggesting but that doesn't mean I'm against it completely though. As I pointed out though, this thread goes beyond my knowledge of how Bleach works so I'm going to back away and let more capable people handle this thread. Sorry Arc.
No worries I appreciate it!

I’ll be back with my response to the recent posts within the coming day for the rest of y’all. Hope y’all enjoyed your New Years.

The sole source of information for this come from a dubious source. Aizen tells this to Momo in a letter where he is manipulating her by inventing a fake plot to destroy Soul Society.

I've seen it noted before that Toshiro doesn't question the actual power of the Sokyoku to destroy Soul Society but rather questions if the plot itself to release it during Rukia's execution is true... but I would not take this as validation that the power of the Sokyoku is as described.

When the Sokyoku is actually released for Rukia's execution, several of the Vice Captains and Captains are surprised by it and clearly have not seen it be demonstrated before going by their reactions. They and Toshiro by extension don't seem like reliable accounts for the Sokyoku's capabilities. So Toshiro not questioning the Sokyoku being capable of destroying Soul Society isn't confirmation of Aizen's statement.

So the only statement we have of potential world-ending power from the Sokyoku is from a known liar in a letter where is lying to his subordinate - and he only really wanted to take advantage of the Sokyoku to destroy Rukia's body, not to wipe out Soul Society.
The issue I take with this is as follows: Aizen cannot guarantee that someone who isn't aware of Sokyoku's capabilities or that someone wouldn't share the letter's contents with someone who did know. Aizen would have to make his lie believable to the entire Gotei 13 to save him from suspicion, and it makes no sense for Aizen to risk blowing his cover by telling such a blatant lie. Lies are most effective when they are blended with the truth. Furthermore, we discover that the lie within the letter was that Toshiro planned on stealing it to use for nefarious reasons.

This is a mild supporting statement sure but not especially useful given the seemingly hyperbolic nature of it. We also know that it can't in fact overwhelm everything.
While in a vacuum I certainly agree, it is rather poor of a statement. When coupled with the information that it is touted as a Soul Society destroying weapon, I find the claim "it can overwhelm everything in existence" to be a rather fine support for what would essentially be a nigh verse ending weapon at that time.

While this may be the "simplest" way of looking at things, I don't think that necessarily means this is the most reliable or only way of looking at it.

It isn't stated that the Sokyoku would create an explosion, nor one big enough or strong enough to consume the entire planet in a single blast. The way the Sokyoku kills the condemned is seemingly by impaling them & burning them; not violently exploding them. "Insane thermal disruption" can refer just to the amount of heat it gives off.

Naturally Aizen doesn't elaborate on this supposed plot to "destroy the entire Soul Society" but a statement like that without further context doesn't mean we should assume the Sokyoku is meant to be used to blow up the entire planet in a single blast. For all we know this made-up villain from Aizen would use the Sokyoku to raze the Seireitei to the ground then raze the Rukongai to the ground over time, or unleash the power of the Sokyoku multiple times since it isn't stated that the Sokyoku can only be used once.
I'm not too picky on whether it would melt, explode, vaporize, or whatever the planet tbh. What leads me to believe it is a rather quick destruction time is due to the fact that it scales above the MoN Kido Cannon as outlined in chapter 3, I'll respond more with this for your next point as it's seemingly more relevant there.

I can understand your logic with the Kido Cannon but there's no direct comparison between them. We have no idea what the true relation is between the "Million Zanpakuto" of the Sokyoku and these 200 Shinigami, or how the Kido Cannon uses the energy of these Shinigami.

I don't have much more to say on the Kido Cannon stuff because any meaningful comparison would be based on speculation.
The direct comparison comes from Zanpakuto being equal to their Shinigami, if not stronger (considering Zanpakuto can restrict their Shinigami's power). This is something displayed throughout the entire series, and something we recognize with Zangetsu's profile. My comparison is based on the Shinigami and Zanpakuto being no names, there's no reason to assume that random unnamed Zanpakuto and Shinigami should vary too greatly in power. Even if there was some individual variation, we are comparing a weapon powered by 1000000 unnamed Zanpakuto vs a weapon powered by less than 200 unnamed Shinigami, each of those fodder Shinigami would have to have more than 5000x the energy of the fodder Zanpakuto for the Kido Cannon to have a greater energy input. Personally, I see no reason to grant them that when the series has shown that Zanpakuto are consistently at least as strong as their Shinigami, coupled with us comparing no names. So, then it becomes a comparison of Sokyoku having more spiritual energy than the Kido Cannon, which would scale it above. The Kido Cannon capable of destroying a planetoid, its connecting dimension, and then cause massive damage to WotL and SS without even direct impact. Then the Sokyoku being planetary isn't far-fetched when a weaker weapon can cause immense havoc on a similar scale.

Since this is the foundational root of a lot of the proposals here, and there's other potential issues in my mind like the "several dozen times" stronger statement
My proposal would only scale the full power of the Sokyoku to that level, as I didn't want to grant base Sokyoku that and then upscale SAFWY Kenpachi by ~36x baseline planetary. So, there shouldn't be an issue with the Sokyoku multiplier over inflating the proposed tiers.

I’m gonna wait for Damage to comment, but personally I’ve always seen the Sokyoku being a planet level threat as an extreme outlier based on the fact there isn’t a single feat that comes anywhere close to it until Yamamoto’s feat( which can’t be 100% assumed to destroy the entire planet) and SK Yhwach’s feats.

Also, why isn’t the kido cannon being powered by 200 unnamed fodder a possible outlier? If it really only took that many fodder shinigami to produce that much power, then there’d be no reason why a captain like Shunsui who was stated to be one of the strongest Captain’s in history to provide that on his own

A lot of CFYOW statements should be taken with a grain of salt imo also. There’s just too many varying statements that Narita could make at his expense because he could. Especially any statement regarding Kenpachi because he’s been known to be a big Kenpachi wanker given how he portrayed him in SAFWY and CFYOW

Also, why isn’t the kido cannon being powered by 200 unnamed fodder a possible outlier? If it really only took that many fodder shinigami to produce that much power, then there’d be no reason why a captain like Shunsui who was stated to be one of the strongest Captain’s in history to provide that on his own
You can't inherently backscale the cannon to the Shinigami like that.

Especially any statement regarding Kenpachi because he’s been known to be a big Kenpachi wanker given how he portrayed him in SAFWY and CFYOW
This isn't an argument, that's like saying "Kubo is a big Mayuri fan so we shouldn't take Mayuri's scaling seriously". Not how that works.

I’m gonna wait for Damage to comment, but personally I’ve always seen the Sokyoku being a planet level threat as an extreme outlier based on the fact there isn’t a single feat that comes anywhere close to it until Yamamoto’s feat( which can’t be 100% assumed to destroy the entire planet) and SK Yhwach’s feats.

Yeah use outlier for whatever that belongs to bleach scaling. Is there anything we can consider not an outlier for Bleach.

Why can't this statement about destroying not only the Seireitei but the Soul Society be taken as destroying Seireitei + Rukongai? It would probably make it more consistent and less outlier-y without contradicting anything.

The issue I take with this is as follows: Aizen cannot guarantee that someone who isn't aware of Sokyoku's capabilities or that someone wouldn't share the letter's contents with someone who did know. Aizen would have to make his lie believable to the entire Gotei 13 to save him from suspicion, and it makes no sense for Aizen to risk blowing his cover by telling such a blatant lie. Lies are most effective when they are blended with the truth. Furthermore, we discover that the lie within the letter was that Toshiro planned on stealing it to use for nefarious reasons.

Didn't he write the letter with the intention of manipulating Hinamori into attacking Hitsugaya? Aizen leaving such a weird letter in the first place is already a risky plan considering Hitsugaya immediately figures out it isn't in Aizen's nature to leave such a note.

I'm not too picky on whether it would melt, explode, vaporize, or whatever the planet tbh. What leads me to believe it is a rather quick destruction time is due to the fact that it scales above the MoN Kido Cannon as outlined in chapter 3, I'll respond more with this for your next point as it's seemingly more relevant there.

The method plus rough timeframe do seem important and relevant for deciding if this upgrade is even worth it.

The direct comparison comes from Zanpakuto being equal to their Shinigami, if not stronger (considering Zanpakuto can restrict their Shinigami's power). This is something displayed throughout the entire series, and something we recognize with Zangetsu's profile. My comparison is based on the Shinigami and Zanpakuto being no names, there's no reason to assume that random unnamed Zanpakuto and Shinigami should vary too greatly in power. Even if there was some individual variation, we are comparing a weapon powered by 1000000 unnamed Zanpakuto vs a weapon powered by less than 200 unnamed Shinigami, each of those fodder Shinigami would have to have more than 5000x the energy of the fodder Zanpakuto for the Kido Cannon to have a greater energy input. Personally, I see no reason to grant them that when the series has shown that Zanpakuto are consistently at least as strong as their Shinigami, coupled with us comparing no names. So, then it becomes a comparison of Sokyoku having more spiritual energy than the Kido Cannon, which would scale it above. The Kido Cannon capable of destroying a planetoid, its connecting dimension, and then cause massive damage to WotL and SS without even direct impact. Then the Sokyoku being planetary isn't far-fetched when a weaker weapon can cause immense havoc on a similar scale.

I see your point but it still seems like a lot of assumptions. Just because from a powerscaling perspective we say "there is no obvious difference between two groups of nameless fodder so they must be comparable" doesn't make it so.

I can see what you mean about it not being farfetched and if there was a stronger comparison between the two then I would get it but it still remains as being too speculative at the present.

Why can't this statement about destroying not only the Seireitei but the Soul Society be taken as destroying Seireitei + Rukongai? It would probably make it more consistent and less outlier-y without contradicting anything.
It blatantly states it can destroy the entire Soul Society, there's no reason to assume Soul Society is less than Soul Society.

Didn't he write the letter with the intention of manipulating Hinamori into attacking Hitsugaya? Aizen leaving such a weird letter in the first place is already a risky plan considering Hitsugaya immediately figures out it isn't in Aizen's nature to leave such a note.
He did but the point still stands. Aizen is the type of dude to have backups to his backups for his other backups. He's cautious to a T (pre-fusion) to the point where he went out of his way to trap a Kenpachi far weaker than him just to stay safe.

The method plus rough timeframe do seem important and relevant for deciding if this upgrade is even worth it.
I'm open to suggestions/discussion on this. If we do end up going this route I can get a specific time frame from the movie and whatnot.

I see your point but it still seems like a lot of assumptions. Just because from a powerscaling perspective we say "there is no obvious difference between two groups of nameless fodder so they must be comparable" doesn't make it so.

I can see what you mean about it not being farfetched and if there was a stronger comparison between the two then I would get it but it still remains as being too speculative at the present.
I can understand that, and if the group consensus shares that opinion that's fine. Part of the reason I think the comparison is fine is for a few reasons I outlined: Sokyoku uses over 5000x as many "fodder energy units" as the Kido Cannon, and there's a case for the Zanpakuto being a better energy source when you consider how there are loads of instances where a Zanpakuto has access to more of the Shinigami's potential/power than the Shinigami.

Additionally, a piece of information I forgot to mention, Kenpachi earlier in SAFWY is able to do noticeable damage to the barrier that surrounds WotL. This is something we don't see or hear of Senna's explosion doing at all, which would add further consistency as Senna's explosion is a tier 5 blast. I'm aware that Senna's explosion wasn't centered on the realms' barriers, but Kenpachi isn't directly attacking the barriers either, so its a case of Kenpachi's more casual energy output being greater than the more casual output of Senna's explosion.

It blatantly states it can destroy the entire Soul Society, there's no reason to assume Soul Society is less than Soul Society.
Isn't Soul Society also Seireitei + Rokungai? Those are the two main parts the Soul Society is divided into. World destruction statements don't always have to be 5-B, unless we are taking the absolute higher interpretation. We can go with the lower one if it makes more sense and provides more consistency.

Additionally, a piece of information I forgot to mention, Kenpachi earlier in SAFWY is able to do noticeable damage to the barrier that surrounds WotL. This is something we don't see or hear of Senna's explosion doing at all, which would add further consistency as Senna's explosion is a tier 5 blast. I'm aware that Senna's explosion wasn't centered on the realms' barriers, but Kenpachi isn't directly attacking the barriers either, so its a case of Kenpachi's more casual energy output being greater than the more casual output of Senna's explosion.

Truth be told I don't like relying so much on a novel that is mostly untranslated and we only have brief summaries or tiny translated snippets to work with. For all wek now there could be a lot of context or additional information we're not seeing.

for that here is the og page

7l0csokKjzk.png

…なんだ……これ穿界門を抜けた患城が見たのは、現世と黒腔の境界が崩壊しかけている光景だった。
… What …… This was the sight of the castle that passed through the perforation gate, where the boundary between this world and the black cavity was about to collapse.

The following is machine translations that arc can check when he is free

2021_12_31_15.png
2021_12_31_15.40.53.jpg

A lot of CFYOW statements should be taken with a grain of salt imo also. There’s just too many varying statements that Narita could make at his expense because he could. Especially any statement regarding Kenpachi because he’s been known to be a big Kenpachi wanker given how he portrayed him in SAFWY and CFYOW
You don't decide which things are valid and which things are not, the author gives you the info and u use them, dismissing canon information just like that is ridiculous tbh, I can say, for example, Kubo wanked Byakuya af in TYBW therefore Im going to ignore that because its wank, and like that it will become a mess lmao when everyone just ignores the part that he didn't like.

As long as there is nothing that contradicts it, it fits in the story, then it should be accepted.

Truth be told I don't like relying so much on a novel that is mostly untranslated and we only have brief summaries or tiny translated snippets to work with. For all wek now there could be a lot of context or additional information we're not seeing.
I have raws for SAFWY so I’ll get to translating the context with the Kenpachi harming the barriers feat.

Isn't Soul Society also Seireitei + Rokungai? Those are the two main parts the Soul Society is divided into. World destruction statements don't always have to be 5-B, unless we are taking the absolute higher interpretation. We can go with the lower one if it makes more sense and provides more consistency.
Naw Soul Society is the entire realm (we currently accept as a planet). CFYOW also goes out of his way to distinguish the civilizations in SS and SS itself. It’d be like saying destroying the entire Earth would only refer to some continents as opposed to the entire Earth.

for that here is the og page

7l0csokKjzk.png

…なんだ……これ穿界門を抜けた患城が見たのは、現世と黒腔の境界が崩壊しかけている光景だった。
… What …… This was the sight of the castle that passed through the perforation gate, where the boundary between this world and the black cavity was about to collapse.

The following is machine translations that arc can check when he is free

2021_12_31_15.png
2021_12_31_15.40.53.jpg
Hey is breaking boundary with raw power also scales to Senna feat.

Just found a scan from the souls databook that confirms one of the claims made in aizen's letter. That being that the sok has the destructive power of 1mil zanpakuto, that along with the "overwhelms everything in existence" statement does support the argument that aizen's letter had to seem realistic in order to manipulate everyone and as such had to contain factual info.

Since this is the foundational root of a lot of the proposals here, and there's other potential issues in my mind like the "several dozen times" stronger statement, I'm not in favor of using this as the basis to say SAFWY Kenpachi is a solid Planet level.

Statements like "destroy the world" can have a lot of meanings besides a straightforward Planet level Attack Potency for a single attack/usage. In cases where it isn't known for certain, generally we tend to take the lower end approach.
This is not true soifon knew the sokyoku had the power of 1 million zanpakto. Just cause the captains were in aww of it's appearance does not mean they aren't aware of it's power

can it be seen as life wiping?
There's lots of ways of looking at it, and as AKM pointed out it being a planet-busting weapon in a single shot is a high end interpretation of it.

If we don't know for sure, then we generally take the safer/low end approach to it. I don't mind giving Kenpachi a "likely higher" addition to his current rating for example, but I don't think we can solidly upgrade him a clear Planet level for it.

Aight well I’m okay to move on to the other chapters since I still need to do some context translation for SAFWY and we can revisit that later.

Okay so going chapter by chapter
  1. The Yama calc still needs to be accepted but considering how Damage (and I think AKM) is pushing for “destroying SS” can be life wiping as opposed to planetary destruction, the same can be applied to Zanka no Tachi as well so this should be sorted out as it’s being used as support for the tier 5 stuff.
  2. The x1000 for Transcendence was rejected though I don’t believe anyone has disagreed with ButterflAizen (and thus Dangai) scaling to WSK which should be safe to accept given the statements of him having achieved that level of existence/power.
  3. Timeskip Kenny and above scaling > Sokyoku’s full power is pretty simple, whether it’s High 6-A or 5-B. Either value is viable though since Azashiro’s Shikai is supposed to condense all of the power of what he had been fused with in Bankai (all of Seireitei and maybe Rukongai) into his sword (for High 6-A) while both Kenny and Cien damaged the boundaries of the realms (repeatedly for Kenny) so the “possibly 5-B” is still supported via Senna. We should hold off on this though until Arc translates the context.
  4. This one seems pretty uncontroversial to me though I don’t recall Damage or AKM’s stance on this.
Also @Arc7Kuroi, Cien should scale to the Shikai Azashiro stuff since (according to the summary I read) the Kenny who fights Azashiro, tanks 100 Hado 96 from Bankai Azashiro and scraps with Shikai Azashiro, is the same one who was just fighting Rez Cien seconds before as Cien left to LN to get Roka. Azashiro also says that the only Kenpachi he would have beaten (in Bankai) was the one from the start of the novel by nuking him with the Hado 96. Couldn’t find the statement of Azashiro calling 100% Cien and Kenny weak. He apparently calls them monsters while Cien called Bankai Azashiro trash. A feat to get calced for Cien is also him destroying/vaping the rest of LN’s canopy in his fight with Roka. Probably not gonna be impressive/better than what he would scale to but could still support whatever rating since he just tossed out a Cero to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back