• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Senna's Feat 2 (ft. Bleach Cosmology)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AKM sama

Waifu Connoisseur
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Human Resources
This is closely related to a couple of previous threads. For context, here they are:

In the first thread, it was concluded that "World of the Living" and "Soul Society" should be treated as universe-sized dimensions. World of the Living is also referred to as the "Real World", and it and Soul Society are two sides of the same coin.
WotL = World of the Living / Real World
SS = Soul Society

From this point on, I will use "WotL" and "SS" to refer to "World of the Living" and "Soul Society" respectively.

Shoutout to @Cyberblader90 and @Damage3245 for helping with this. Let's unpack.

1. The second biggest misconception in VSBW Bleach: "WotL and SS refer to universes"

I have recently read the entire manga, watched the canon movie, and gleaned relevant information from the novels. And there isn't one statement that I can quote and say with 100% surety that "in this statement right here, WotL and SS are definitely referring to different universes". Not one. Zilch. In each instance, the terms WotL and SS have always been used to refer to specific planets (Earth and SS planet). The context below will make it clear.

0.png

"When hollows aren't chasing souls, they hide between WotL and SS. We can't locate it until it shows up in the real world to attack Chad! That's why we wait for orders from the Soul Society."
"Real world' here is referring to Earth, because that's where the hollow will show up to attack Chad. "Soul Society" is referring to the planet SS because that's where the orders will come from.

2.png

"An equal amount of souls must be maintained in the Soul Society and this world at all times"
We know Souls are maintained by the Soul Reapers only on the planet SS and planet Earth. The scope of the show never goes beyond these planets in their respective domains. Therefore, SS is once again referring to SS planet in this statement. And "this world" is referring to Earth.

"Its the job of the Soul Reapers to adjust the number of souls in the two worlds."
Two worlds being planet Earth and planet SS. Those are the two places/worlds where Soul Reapers actively operate and do their jobs.

"The souls released by the Soul Society are accounted for by the soul reapers when they are born into earthly creatures. The souls that die here are returned to the Soul Society"
It doesn't get any more direct than this. We know the souls are released from SS planet. And they are born into "this world" as "earthly creatures", clearly referring to Earth and creatures on Earth. And they go back to the SS planet when they die in this world (Earth). From above context, it's pretty blatant that they talk about the SS planet when they say "Soul Society" and Earth when they say "this world", "real world" or "world of the living".

11.png
12.png

"Sending souls to the WotL from SS as living organisms. Guiding dead souls to the SS without discrimination. By doing so, we keep an eye on the total number of souls and adjust the balance with the WotL accordingly."
Pretty blatant once again. They send souls to Earth from SS planet as living organisms (living organisms only exist on Earth). They guide the dead souls from Earth back to SS planet. They keep track of all the souls present on Earth and SS planet and keep the balance.

"Quincies completely extinguish souls that have become hollows. That means souls that were sent to the WotL disappear without ever returning to the SS."
Where do Quincies extinguish souls? On Earth (WotL). And therefore, the souls on Earth (WotL) do not return back to SS planet.

"Both worlds would collapse"
Again note that just like Rukia's statement above, here also Earth (WotL) and SS planet are being referred to as "worlds".

72.png
73.png

"All the moisture in the Soul Society is quietly and slowly disappearing"
Checking the context from here and here, we see that only the moisture of the planet's atmosphere was burning up. Which makes sense because outer space doesn't have moisture. So again a pretty blatant instance of SS only referring to the planet.

91.png
92.png

"Do I want to breathe the air you ask? The air of that pitiful Soul Society that is about to be crushed by Yhwach"
Air of that pitiful Soul Society. Do I really need to explain how this is not referring to the universe, but the planet?

21.png
93.png
94.png

When Yhwach talks about destroying the Soul Society, and WotL as a result, we see tremors on those two planets. Earth and SS planet only. Not across the universe.

Screenshot_32.png
Screenshot_34.png

"A town from the WotL suddeny appeared above the Seireitei"
"A town from the universe" would never make sense in this context, it's counterintuitive. Universe is very expansive and town is very specific. It's obvious they are talking about "a town from Earth". A clear cut example of WotL referring to Earth only. And this is from Memories of Nobody, which is related to Senna's feat.

Screenshot_42.png

"World of the Living is being visible from the Soul Society"
As the above context makes it clear, only Earth was being visible in the sky of Soul Society planet. Once again, a direct example where WotL refers to Earth and SS refers to planet.

Screenshot_51.png
Screenshot_52.png

"The Valley of Screams has connected WotL and SS. There is no way a tunnel connecting two hoshi can be created naturally."
Toshiro uses the word hoshi, which can either mean planet or star. Here it is translated as star. But we know from above context that he was talking about planets. (Hoshi is not a generic term for any celestial body. The term for celestial body or heavenly body is tentai.)

Like I said, there exists a total of zero statements which I can quote to you and say with 100% surety that "here they use the terms WotL and SS to refer to respective universes". Not one. And all these statements exist where the implication is very clear. The terms "World of the Living / Real World" and "Soul Society" have always been used in the context of planets, to refer to planets. These planets are repeatedly called "worlds". Do I need to go on?

"When soul reapers die, their body turns into reishi and is reclaimed by the soil of the Soul Scoiety". Reishi that is third-class and above can never return to the soil of the Soul Society. I am sure I don't need to spell it out how "soil of the SS" is referring directly to the planet. Statement speaks for itself.

"...it cut through the Soul Society's sky". Another direct statement spoken in the context of the planet.

There are several more examples like Toshiro being assigned to head the operation to check out the spiritual waves in "WotL", so he came to "Earth" to check, implying WotL = Earth. Or statements like "Ichigo went to the Soul Society" when in fact he went to SS planet, implying SS = planet. But at this point, I am sure I don't need to go on. I consider this much an overkill already.

2. Senna's feat

Now that we have established that WotL and SS are nothing but planet Earth and SS planet, let's dive into Senna's feat. I'll quote stuff from the previous thread:

When Mayuri and Kisuke talk about the Kyogoku pulling Soul Society and World of the Living together, neither refer to them as planets
True. Because as we have seen in above examples, WotL and SS are repeatedly called "worlds" throughout the series. And world here means planet with the context we have.

Not really. Kisuke states that Soul Society (planet) is in a different dimension. Which it is. Note that again Kisuke is referring to the planet as "Soul Society", which is in a different dimension, and that dimension is not being referred to as Soul Society. There is a clear distinction which further confirms that SS is not used to refer to the dimension, but only the planet. It doesn't get more blatant than this.

Then you’ll notice that when Mayuri asks for a status update, we are informed that it is the dimensions that are moving towards each other, not planets.
This pivotal part of that thread was taken out of context. Mayuri never stated that the dimensions are being pulled together. He says "the dimension passed beyond the critical zone" referring to Kyogoku or Valley of Screams.

I have already shown above that WotL and SS are always called "worlds". Note how they always refer to the Valley of Screams as dimension.
Screenshot_44.png
Screenshot_49.png
Screenshot_50.png
Screenshot_54.png

Furthermore, Mayuri's statement is clearly referring to the same dimension which passed beyond the critical zone. A previous scene also talked about how the "target" will pass beyond the critical zone in five minutes. The target of the kido cannon here is the Valley of Screams dimension.

So, the Earth (WotL) and SS (planet) were on the collision course. Two worlds. Two planets. Not two universes.

It was also argued that the color the worlds are shown as proves they cannot be planets in this film, due to what would be earth's color not matching up. This ignores the fact its most likely the colorization from the interior of the dangai causing this color, as shown when senna's explosions go from a green colorization to yellow-reddish one when it pans out to the dangai. Plus, universes don't look like solid planets from afar. They are transparent and have glowing stars, etc. inside them.

3. Possible counterarguments and clearing up some more misconceptions

I know what counterarguments will follow so I'll save time and note them down here.

There is nothing inherently wrong with this statement from the novels. But it doesn't mean the WotL and SS are universe-sized. The statement has the same effect as me saying "If Ant destroyed the planet then we would return to a universe in which there would be no Earth."
But that's not all.
The raws don't have the kanji for universe in it. It has "sekai". Sekai/world is being translated as universe here. Which is a fairly common thing in the manga too. For example:

This infamous statement where Rukia says "collapse of the universe", is actually "collapse of the sekai/world" in the raws.
Same here too.
Same here too.
The context of these "collapse of the universe/world" statements is the explanation from Rukia which I already provided above. Where she talks about how the imbalance of souls on Earth (WotL) and SS (planet) will make both worlds to combine and be destroyed. Same explanation is given later, with the correct translation as per the context, where the collapse of both worlds (planets) is said to be the collective collapse of the world.
Sekai/world (which is translated as universe by Viz) here is referring to the particular sphere of activity that includes Earth (WotL) and SS (planet).

Some would argue that there exists a universal flow of konpaku/souls so souls flow throughout the universe, not only Earth and SS planets. That is not what "universal" here means.
Universal: relating to or done by all people or things in the world or in a particular group; applicable to all cases. For ex: "universal adult suffrage"
The scope of the word can be extremely limited. The flow of souls is called universal because it is applicable to every person. Just like how we call something a universal currency, or a universal grammatical rule.

Some would argue that because it is said "if" the WotL and SS could be "likened" to planets, means they are not actually planets.
That is a faulty interpretation. This statement is used to give an easy to understand explanation of what is Garganta. The structure here is being compared to real life planets and space because they are easier to visualize and understand. WotL and SS are being compared to two real life planets which can be seen together, and Garganta is being compared to the space between them. Because it's much easier to imagine two planets, say Mercury and Venus, and the space between them, and then compare it with Earth, SS planet and Garganta, which are not in view together due to being dimensionally separate, and are therefore difficult to visualize and understand.
Nothing about it implies WotL and SS are referring to universes. This statement would hold true if they are only planets as well.

• "But sekai can also mean universe. They don't have to be planets. They could be universes."
In this instance, with the context we have from everything discussed above, there is more than sufficient information to conclude that the use of sekai is referring to planets. And even if we did not have so much evidence, we would still have defaulted to the lower interpretation. Because the higher assumption needs explicit undeniable evidence, which doesn't exist.

• The "star" argument was already addressed in Cyber's previous thread that I linked, but I will clarify it here too.
Through Kakyo’s dialogue we discover that by protecting the Soul Cycle, one can protect the stars. The reason being that the role of Shinigami is to act as balancers, maintaining the balance of the Soul Cycle, supported with the Masked data book. Early in Bleach, Rukia informs Ichigo that if the Soul Cycle becomes imbalanced, the entire universe would collapse. In short, the Soul Cycle possesses the power to destroy the universe, which is supported by it also being stated capable of destroying the stars in the sky.
Please read these two scans.
"She had been given the right to literally protect the stars."
Some would argue to take this literally and assume that Soul Reapers protect stars. We know they don't. That's not their job. But let's take a look at the context.

"I love the night sky, Kaname. It reminds me of the world. Everything's covered in darkness. There are tiny points of light everywhere, but the clouds try to cover them up."
It's a metaphor. She is comparing the night sky with the world. Just like how stars in the night sky are covered by clouds, the world is also filled with good people/things (stars), but bad people (clouds) try to cover them up.

"You see, Kaname, I want to clear away those clouds so that not a single light is hidden. I am going to clear away those clouds, Kaname."
She wanted to clear away the bad to protect the good. Not that she literally wanted to fly up in the sky and clear the clouds so that people could see the stars.

"The woman fulfilled her dream. She had obtained the power and position to protect the world's light as a Soul Reaper. Soul Reapers led the inhabitants of the WotL in SS and maintained the cycle of souls. They drove away the evil souls called Hollows. She had been given the right to literally protect the stars."
It's comparing a Soul Reaper's job of driving away evil souls and maintaining the balance as driving away the clouds (bad things) and protecting the stars (good things).

"She once said, 'My hope isn't anything special. It's just a paltry wish to protect something that continues to shine like the stars in the sky.'"
This is blatantly spelling out that she wanted to protect something that shines like the stars (good people/things), not actual stars, confirming that it is a metaphor.

4. Conclusion

World of the Living refers to Earth.
Soul Society refers to the planet.
Senna's feat goes back from "pushing away two universes" to "pushing away two planets".

Note: The focus of this thread is Senna's feat. Not the rest. Details about Yhwach's feat will be discussed in a later thread.

Note 2: This is a no-nonsense thread. Please don't derail it. I am not going to make it staff-only. But I am going to delete all the derailing comments and issue threadbans.

Last edited:
Just to note, I provided sources and chapter numbers but wasn't involved in the actual formulation of the argument in the OP.

I'm seeing a lot of this for the first time so I'll go through it bit by bit and post my thoughts later, and see what others have to say.

Well as someone working on removing the low 2C on bleach page currently and having recently watched the movie and read a lot of chapters of the manga, i agree

also later thread? can i dm to ask the details dont want to drop mine if it can be done in a single thread

Damn, i hope you enjoy'd the TYBW arc ateast and hyped for the anime return aswell
Arc and I were just discussing this several hours ago. I will quote what I said to him:
My ranking for arcs goes like this:
1. SS arc
2. TYBW arc
3. Everything in the middle
4. Fullbring arc (It was the most boring imo)
"Everything in the middle" had some cool moments from time to time at least.

I'll be honest the arguments for World of the Living and Soul Society being referred to exclusively to planets are kind of weak. They are referring to a small part of the whole, like synecdoch, it doesn't have to follow that just because they showed a town when they said World of the Living that it means that only Earth/that town is the World of the Living, since both of those still exist in the greater whole. Same thing with the world of the SS, just because there could be an atmosphere there, doesn't somehow exclude it from existing in as part of a greater whole.

And from what I know, the WotL and SS have never been directly referred to a planet. Granted they've never been directly attributed as universes either.

But I'm neutral for now. I'll wait for more input from knowledgeable people first.

Arc and I were just discussing this several hours ago. I will quote what I said to him:
My ranking for arcs goes like this:
1. SS arc
2. TYBW arc
3. Everything in the middle
4. Fullbring arc (It was the most boring imo)
"Everything in the middle" had some cool moments from time to time at least.
Knew i Wasnt the only one who thought the fullbring arc was boring.

And from what I know, the WotL and SS have never been directly referred to a planet. Granted they've never been directly attributed as universes either.
I posted and linked to scans where SS and WotL are exclusively referring to planets. They are in the OP. You probably missed them. (See the Yama bankai scan, Aizen scan, Kyoraku scan, and the novel scan.)

As for being part of the greater whole, yes. WotL (Earth) is part of a greater whole. That is universe. And SS is part of a greater whole. Which is another dimension that has never been referred to by any specific name.

Last edited:
I'll try to point out the problem in this. Since despite you have read the manga, you left out too many things. Although I already Know that when this thread are made our normal user have little hope. But I'll just explain one time and hopefully, people will understand.

First of all the word sekai, it's different from the word used for a celestial body, so yes, it needs context, but it still helps us to see that from the author they are not called planets at all, or better they use both words for both things. The mere fact he didn't used the word for a celestial body already debunk this notion, they are called world, realms and so on.

But let's go on, the main problem is that Soul King separated reishi and kishi, and we are told that everything in the soul society is made by reishi, while Kishi exists only in the real world, Kishi can't exist in the soul society and you need to forcefully convert it into reishi. This is a rule, I can post multiple scan of this.

What does that mean? that means that even the celestial bodies in the soul society are made by reishi, otherwise, they could not exist, and they could not even interact with shinigami or the planet itself, because again kishi cant exists in souls society.

Now you will say, they are in the same universe so it is the same space (even ignoring my explanation), except they are not, we have a canon map in the manga that shows us that they are completely sealed off and separated from each other with the Garganta being around them.

This means that the space we see outside soul society, it is inside the pocket dimension of the soul society. Those pocket dimension are called exactly by the same name as the planets. Garganta seals them off from each other proving my argument. the space exists within the realm and they are sealed off.

everything you posted points out that soul society and the living world are planets, and there is nothing wrong with that, because shinigami call them like that too, except the fact they are also a pocket dimension because they made up the universe, that is why the use of the word Universe and depends on context.

This is supported by the lore, at the begging there was no other dimension, meaning only a single one, and it was called a single primordial world without life and death, and kishi and reishi needed to be separated, this heavily suggests us, that soul society and living world make up the universe, since that primordial world need to be separated into REALMS that have a different composition too. this was a place devoid of dimensions and life and death. meaning the realms now are placed as the new universe.

This is consistent with having 2 pocket dimension as in the map, the bleach cosmos was single place, called a universe, then it get completely formed out with different matter and even rules since the realm have rules for death and life, and rules like kishi cant enter in the soul society, with the concept of life and death.

They are not just planets, the entire ecosystem and lore doesn't support that. It makes absolutely no sense that they were referring to a planet split into 3 planets. Simply the best downgrade that I can see is that everything together is universal in size, but that's it. Bleach cosmos is formed by multiple dimensions, where the main 3 (soul society, living world and hueco mundo) form the bleach universe and this is spelled out multiple times.

I'll try to point out the problem in this. Since despite you have read the manga, you left out too many things. Although I already Know that when this thread are made our normal user have little hope. But I'll just explain one time and hopefully, people will understand.

First of all the word sekai, it's different from the word used for a celestial body, so yes, it needs context, but it still helps us to see that from the author they are not called planets at all, or better they use both words for both things. The mere fact he didn't used the word for a celestial body already debunk this notion, they are called world, realms and so on.

But let's go on, the main problem is that Soul King separated reishi and kishi, and we are told that everything in the soul society is made by reishi, while Kishi exists only in the real world, Kishi can't exist in the soul society and you need to forcefully convert it into reishi. This is a rule, I can post multiple scan of this.

What does that mean? that means that even the celestial bodies in the soul society are made by reishi, otherwise, they could not exist, and they could not even interact with shinigami or the planet itself, because again kishi cant exists in souls society.

Now you will say, they are in the same universe so it is the same space (even ignoring my explanation), except they are not, we have a canon map in the manga that shows us that they are completely sealed off and separated from each other with the Garganta being around them.

This means that the space we see outside soul society, it is inside the pocket dimension of the soul society. Those pocket dimension are called exactly by the same name as the planets. Garganta seals them off from each other proving my argument. the space exists within the realm and they are sealed off.

everything you posted points out that soul society and the living world are planets, and there is nothing wrong with that, because shinigami call them like that too, except the fact they are also a pocket dimension because they made up the universe, that is why the use of the word Universe and depends on context.

This is supported by the lore, at the begging there was no other dimension, meaning only a single one, and it was called a single primordial world without life and death, and kishi and reishi needed to be separated, this heavily suggests us, that soul society and living world make up the universe, since that primordial world need to be separated into REALMS that have a different composition too. this was a place devoid of dimensions and life and death. meaning the realms now are placed as the new universe.

This is consistent with having 2 pocket dimension as in the map, the bleach cosmos was single place, called a universe, then it get completely formed out with different matter and even rules since the realm have rules for death and life, and rules like kishi cant enter in the soul society, with the concept of life and death.

They are not just planets, the entire ecosystem and lore doesn't support that. It makes absolutely no sense that they were referring to a planet split into 3 planets. Simply the best downgrade that I can see is that everything together is universal in size, but that's it. Bleach cosmos is formed by multiple dimensions, where the main 3 (soul society, living world and hueco mundo) form the bleach universe and this is spelled out multiple times.
I agree with this post. To add on cfyow ironically said if the soul society and world of the living COULD BE likened to planets. So the author is already letting us know they don't think they are planets.

We require context to determine what "sekai" means in any scenario. Which is what this thread is about.

Everything in Soul Society means everything on that planet. That's what this thread is about. The term "Soul Society" is used for the planet. And everything in WotL means everything on Earth.

Not what I said. I already said they are dimensionally displaced.

That scan is once again referring to the planets. Not the pocket dimension or the universe.

All three worlds referring to planets. The "sand paradise" is very blatantly referring to Hueco Mundo planet which is covered with sand. You're proving my point with that scan.

It makes absolutely no sense that they were referring to a planet split into 3 planets.
I never said a planet is split into 3 planets. The "world" at large is mainly split into 3 planets.

Simply the best downgrade that I can see is that everything together is universal in size, but that's it. Bleach cosmos is formed by multiple dimensions, where the main 3 (soul society, living world and hueco mundo) form the bleach universe and this is spelled out multiple times.
Of course, the universe is universal in size. We don't know the size of the dimensions where SS and Hueco Mundo are. That doesn't change my argument.

To add on cfyow ironically said if the soul society and world of the living COULD BE likened to planets. So the author is already letting us know they don't think they are planets.
Already covered in the OP because I knew it would come up. Context is king.

Some would argue that because it is said "if" the WotL and SS could be "likened" to planets, means they are not actually planets.
That is a faulty interpretation. This statement is used to give an easy to understand explanation of what is Garganta. The structure here is being compared to real life planets and space because they are easier to visualize and understand. WotL and SS are being compared to two real life planets which can be seen together, and Garganta is being compared to the space between them. Because it's much easier to imagine two planets, say Mercury and Venus, and the space between them, and then compare it with Earth, SS planet and Garganta, which are not in view together due to being dimensionally separate, and are therefore difficult to visualize and understand.
Nothing about it implies WotL and SS are referring to universes. This statement would hold true if they are only planets as well.

If it gets accepted. Can we please just stop threads about universal bleach. It's already been a mess with it going from universal to Planetary then to it being hax and then universal again. If it gets downgraded again Can we please just not go through the whole process again.
As far as I can see this ain't a content revision. Edit : NVM it is.

I was originally going to stay neutral since it never really says planets or universes but "Worlds" which can mean either or. But the word Hoshi made it clearly the former. Visuals specifically showing the movement of Earth falling in true Majora's Mask fashion. And another is "Realms within other dimensions" as opposed to "Worlds being different dimensions" and other similar statements.

Leaning towards agreeing but I'd like to give supporters a chance first.

First (and most important) thing first, that PFP is peak taste.

Secondly, the boring on-topic stuff.
I think we can all agree that the dimension where earth exists is its own dimension, correct? This means that the scan about Hollows hiding between WotL and SS (they hide in the Garganta or Hueco Mundo, though contextually this would refer to the Garganta) refers to the two as separate dimensions rather than planets as Hollows come from outside of the dimension. At best you can say that the term "Real World" refers to the planet but that wouldn't even matter.

The next scan doesn't make mention of the WotL, it only says "this world" or both worlds. On the one hand, you can argue that its only referring to planets but we also know that WotL and SS are called dimensions and have starry night skies, are aware of the universe etc. This comes down to interpretation and whether you think it refers to the planet or dimension as neither are directly stated.

Same as the second one. Nothing is directly stated here. All the souls in both dimensions can be located on the planets but as we know that WotL is used to refer to the dimension as evidenced by your first scan, nothing would be contradicted.

Soul Society can refer to the dimension or the planet, something that we already accept on this site so this Yhwach/Yama scan is just fluff.

Aizen/Yhwach scan is the same as the previous scan.

We see the effects at the places where there are characters to show everyone's reactions to it. Yhwach plans to reverse everything the SK did. SK split the OG universe. This is about a universal feat.

Same as before with it being up to the reader's interpretation. This MoN scan neither calls the WtL or SS planets or universes but, once again, WotL has only been used to refer to the dimension.

Karakura, as part of the WotL, is visible in SS. Whether its a dimension or planet, its still visible from the other dimension. We also know why that specific spot is visible later inn the movie as that is where the Valley (which is acting as a lense) connects to WotL.

This Toshiro scan actually helps imply the WotL is a planet but as we were told before, WotL is a dimension and the novel quote may as well have said that they aren't planets.

No scans besides Rukia explaining how the Hollows hide between the dimensions of SS and WotL. Everything you posted doesn't actually work aside from the Toshiro scan but even if WotL can refer to the planet, we know that within the context of Yhwach destroying the three worlds, he is affecting it on a cosmic scale to undo SK's original universe split.

World =/= planets, it can = planets.

The Kisuke quote just means that WotL can refer to a planet. It can still refer to the dimension just like how SS can refer to either the planet or dimension.

All the other dimension stuff for MoN. No. If its the planets and not the dimensions being inside the Dangai, how the hell can we see the night sky after the critical point has been reached when said planets have been placed in another space-time?

The counter argument stuff.
  • "Had Ichigo not defeated Yhwach, the boundaries between the three worlds would have disappeared and we would have returned to a universe in which there would be no cycling of konpaku."
Come on dude. This is very blatantly referring to a universal scale and the destruction of the dimensions.
  • Boundaries = spatial/dimensional boundaries (or else how could he join it all together and undo the SK's work)
  • Worlds refers to the actual dimensions in this case as the planets don't have dimensional boundaries around them, the dimensions do.
  • No cycling konpaku means that Yhwach destroyed the dimensions where life and eath exist and united them into one.
The raws using sekai doesn't inherently mean anything as it can still be used to refer top the planet or the dimension. Context for this is key however as Rukia has established around the same time that the Worlds are dimensions so she wouldn't be referrring to them as planets in this context. The fact that the translations say universe only backs it up.

The balance here is the balance between life and death that needed entire dimensions created for them. This isn't the destruction of the planets but the destruction of the dimensions.

No cap, I agree with this universal flow of souls point, shit doesn't matter at all and if this is somehow the deciding factor, the argument using it must not be that good to begin with.

The Garganta space quote. It does say they aren't planets though and I'm not talking about the "if" and "likened to" grammar stuff. The two planets where everything takes place exist in separate dimensions. The Dangai connects these two dimensions, not the planets or else we would have the same situation as the Valley and some random place on earth being able to see somewhere on the SS planet.

Only a handful of your scans actually point to them being planets and none of it shows that it always refers to the planets, just that it can, when a bunch of your other scans directly imply they are dimensions.

Don't really care about the Kakyo stuff but protecting the literal stars is a byproduct of their job. Shinigami aren't meant to protect people, they are meant to maintain the balance of the realms (dimensions) by ferrying souls or just murdering a ton of them if the situation calls for it. Yes, Kakyo wants to fight injusitce and what not but the very fact that that isn't in her job description (ferrying and killing souls) means that "the right to literally protect the stars" she had wasn't referring to her wanting to save help people.

Conclusion:
Nothing in the OP says that world =/= universe or world = planet, just that it can refer to either.

Context of Senna's feat is that the dimensions were pulled into the Dangai as when the supposed planets were inside the Dangai, the wider universe in said dimensions were visible from the planet despite them having been pulled into another space-time that doesn't have stars and what-not.

Disagree with basically everything in the OP that isn't that "universal flow of souls hurr-durr" BS.

before i get massacred, same as damage. I helped with citations, and mainly that. Otherwise my main input here now will be to say my mind has not changed on kakyo or senna from my prior thread. I believe the realms are depicted as planets only in the first film

im a just repost my post

The realms in the film are not the dimensions, rather are in Other Dimensions
MoN_Formation_explained_pt_6.JPG

MoN_Formation_explained_pt_7.JPG

Furthermore

Then you’ll notice that when Mayuri asks for a status update, we are informed that it is the dimensions that are moving towards each other, not planets.

The dimension in question mentioned here can be the dangai itself. the ss and wotl are consistently called worlds in this film, both by urahara and mayuri:
MoN_Urahara_explains_the_universe_pt_4.JPG

MoN_World_pulling_force_pt_5.JPG

It was also argued priorly that the color the worlds are shown as proves they cannot be planets in this film, due to what would be earth's color not matching up:
MoN_Worlds_colliding_5_seconds.JPG

This ignores the fact its most likely the colorization from the interior of the dangai causing this color, as shown when senna's explosions go from a green colorization to yellow-reddish one when it pans out to the dangai.

Toshiro also uses hoshi when referring to both worlds in the film:
MoN_Toshiro_refers_to_WotL_and_SS_as_hoshi_planets.JPG

Respectfully disagree, actually I found shocking that SK/Yhwach doing is still believed to be planet level range like the dimensions weren't made by different kind of matters and everything else.
But I'm gonna wait the experts to defend uni bleach better than me hoping that a clear universe ending threat isn't nerfed again to planetary

Especially given how many profiles in this wiki are highballed to oblivion with less evidence

This means that the scan about Hollows hiding between WotL and SS (they hide in the Garganta or Hueco Mundo, though contextually this would refer to the Garganta) refers to the two as separate dimensions
Not necessarily. Since we have Dangai that connects two planets and exists between two planets, as seen in the movie. Hollows can also exist between two planets the Garganta. Please remember these planets are dimensionally displaced. So there can be many number of things and structures between the two.

At best you can say that the term "Real World" refers to the planet but that wouldn't even matter.
Real world is synonymous to WotL.

but we also know that WotL and SS are called dimensions and have starry night skies
Both worlds are referring to Earth and SS planet, yes. WotL and SS are never called dimensions. Even confirmed in the movie where Kisuke makes a distinction between SS and its dimension. Them having starry sky is not relevant to my point.

SK split the OG universe. This is about a universal feat.
Not the universe. World. Sekai. World can be limited in scope and I already covered that. Bleach treats the combination of WotL, SS and Hueco Mundo planets as "world". But as I said before, this is about Senna only and I wouldn't get into details regarding that feat.

If its the planets and not the dimensions being inside the Dangai, how the hell can we see the night sky after the critical point has been reached when said planets have been placed in another space-time?
The critical point was in context to the Valley of Screams. Kyogoku reached the critical point. The planets were still in the process of being pulled together. And once again, they are dimensionally separate. The planets being pulled into another dimension with the help of Kyogoku won't make the night sky invisible until the process had completed.

Boundaries = spatial/dimensional boundaries (or else how could he join it all together and undo the SK's work)
Worlds refers to the actual dimensions in this case as the planets don't have dimensional boundaries around them, the dimensions do.
No cycling konpaku means that Yhwach destroyed the dimensions where life and eath exist and united them into one
Not getting into specifics because the details for Yhwach's feat will be discussed later. But no, the dimensions like Garganta are already overlapping with the worlds. Dimensional boundaries don't have to be at the edge of something. They can overlap at the same place. No cycling of konpaku means no more Earth and SS planet.

The balance here is the balance between life and death that needed entire dimensions created for them. This isn't the destruction of the planets but the destruction of the dimensions.
They only mention creation of planets. And destruction of planets. Not dimensions.

The Dangai connects these two dimensions, not the planets or else we would have the same situation as the Valley and some random place on earth being able to see somewhere on the SS planet.
That is ignoring the mechanics of the verse. The Dangai is a special structure specifically created to connect them with stability. Unlike the Kyogoku. There is no piece of information that says the stable Dangai meant to connect two planets would make them collapse. That argument would be applicable for the dimensions too in that case.

Last edited:
Not the universe. World. Sekai. World can be limited in scope and I already covered that. Bleach treats the combination of WotL, SS and Hueco Mundo planets as "world"
I don't get it. If the realms are just planets it means the og world was the actual cosmos and soul King created two random planets out of it and everything else was already there ? IIRC the Soul King power was used to split the world into the various realms and impling they're planets means that anything outside of them and their boundaries is something outside of SK'doing, that kishi and reishi are two different kind of matters but only limited to two planets (end the rest of the universe is composed by what ?) etc.

Honestly I believe it seems too farfetched to say the realms are planet and the actions of the closest we have to god in the series are not something that would influence more than that

Seems like an argument from incredulity. That's the only thing we know. The world existed. SK then separated the SS planet (reishi world) and Hueco Mundo (sand paradise) from it. It resulted in three worlds. Earth, SS and Hueco Mundo (all planets). Nothing about creation of the entire cosmos or anything like that.

Not necessarily. Since we have Dangai that connects two planets and exists between two planets, as seen in the movie. Hollows can also exist between two planets the Garganta. Please remember these planets are dimensionally displaced. So there can be many number of things and structures between the two.
Dangai doesn't connect the planets, it connects the dimensions. Hollows don't hide in the Dangai as they can't. Not only is there no reason for them to go into the Dangai, the Cleaner would wipe them. Hollows rip holes through the Garganta to travel between dimensions and the dimensions contain far more than just the planets. Ergo she is calling SS and WotL dimensions in that scan.
Real world is synonymous to WotL.
And World in Bleach is synonymous to the dimensions.
Both worlds are referring to Earth and SS planet, yes. WotL and SS are never called dimensions. Even confirmed in the movie where Kisuke makes a distinction between SS and its dimension. Them having starry sky is not relevant to my point.
Literally every diagram drawn by Kisuke disagrees with this. The context of everything in TYBW is about the SS and WotL being dimensions and not planets with Kisuke's diagrams reflecting this. These dimensions have far more than planets in them.
Not the universe. World. Sekai. World can be limited in scope and I already covered that. Bleach treats the combination of WotL, SS and Hueco Mundo planets as "world". But as I said before, this is about Senna only and I wouldn't get into details regarding that feat.
You can't be serious with the bolded. Kishi and Reishi cannot exist together and there is an entire universe of kishi. It literally has to be referring to a universe.
The critical point was in context to the Valley of Screams. Kyogoku reached the critical point. The planets were still in the process of being pulled together. And once again, they are dimensionally separate. The planets being pulled into another dimension with the help of Kyogoku won't make the night sky invisible until the process had completed.
Except that we see both inside the Dangai, aka they are in another dimension yet we can still see stuff from another dimension for some reason. The only way your interpretation works is if you completely ignore the visuals.
Not getting into specifics because the details for Yhwach's feat will be discussed later. But no, the dimensions like Garganta are already overlapping with the worlds. Dimensional boundaries don't have to be at the edge of something. They can overlap at the same place. No cycling of konpaku means no more Earth and SS planet.
Except that they don't overlap. The Dangai exists to separate the WotL and SS dimensions, the Garganta is said to contain everything else, aka they exist inside it, SS and WotL got dragged into the Dangai which means they are like boxes that can be placed within another, SS and WotL were going to crash into each other and be destryoed, the Kido cannon could fire a big ass laser that struck the "lense" connecting VoS to SS and it caused the phyiscal collapse of the Valley. How in god's name can you think they can overlap when the entire cosmology constantly tells us that it doesn't work like that.
They only mention creation of planets. And destruction of planets. Not dimensions.
No. You assume it refers to planets when that blatantly isn't true. Like you keep saying, it only ever says sekai which means that it doesn't say planets. We know that there was originally one universe/world whatever and now there are multiple in multiple dimensions full of a helluva lot more than just a single planet in each. Context is key and context tells us that it wasn't simple planets that got separated.
That is ignoring the mechanics of the verse. The Dangai is a special structure specifically created to connect them with stability. Unlike the Kyogoku. There is no piece of information that says the stable Dangai meant to connect two planets would make them collapse. That argument would be applicable for the dimensions too in that case.
First off, you are the one ignoring the mechanics of the verse with your "they can overlap" BS. The very scans you post and talk about completely disagree with what you say about the verse mechanics so lets not even go there by trying to pull that on me.

Secondly, you completely misrepresented my point and strawmanned me. If the Dangai connected both planets like the Valley did in MoN, it would act as a lense let people see the other from some spot on the respective planets, not that it would yeet them together. I was pretty clear in my post about what I was referring to and you completely ignored that by talking about some other shit.

(Refer to Note 1)
Just to elaborate i'm only convinced or was with the downgrade/clarifiction for senna's feat.

The uni bleach is another matter entirely and should be tackled in another thread cause this is gonna be a clusterF of both.

My comment is directly responding to the OP. I've yet to look over any arguments against it so this is going to be my thoughts on it by itself. I'll also point out that I have no in depth knowledge on Bleach but will give my thoughts the first part of the OP

1. ''When hollows aren't chasing souls, they hide between WotL and SS. We can't locate it until it shows up in the real world to attack Chad! That's why we wait for orders from the Soul Society."

"Real world' here is referring to Earth, because that's where the hollow will show up to attack Chad. "Soul Society" is referring to the planet SS because that's where the orders will come from."

Nothing here says it's strictly referring to the planet only. It just says "real world" and since the word "world" can be used for universes, pocket-dimensions, and or planets, you cannot automatically assume it means planet because you want it to. Rukia's image of where the hollow is hiding between "worlds" doesn't even resemble two planets so I'm going to disagree with this point.

2. "An equal amount of souls must be maintained in the Soul Society and this world at all times"

We know Souls are maintained by the Soul Reapers only on the planet SS and planet Earth. The scope of the show never goes beyond these planets in their respective domains. Therefore, SS is once again referring to SS planet in this statement. And "this world" is referring to Earth.

"Its the job of the Soul Reapers to adjust the number of souls in the two worlds."
Two worlds being planet Earth and planet SS. Those are the two places/worlds where Soul Reapers actively operate and do their jobs.

"The souls released by the Soul Society are accounted for by the soul reapers when they are born into earthly creatures. The souls that die here are returned to the Soul Society"

It doesn't get any more direct than this. We know the souls are released from SS planet. And they are born into "this world" as "earthly creatures", clearly referring to Earth and creatures on Earth. And they go back to the SS planet when they die in this world (Earth). From above context, it's pretty blatant that they talk about the SS planet when they say "Soul Society" and Earth when they say "this world", "real world" or "world of the living".

Ok, I can actually agree with this one. In this instance they are blatantly referring to the planets as they only maintain the souls of the Earth not beyond.

3. "Sending souls to the WotL from SS as living organisms. Guiding dead souls to the SS without discrimination. By doing so, we keep an eye on the total number of souls and adjust the balance with the WotL accordingly."

Pretty blatant once again. They send souls to Earth from SS planet as living organisms (living organisms only exist on Earth). They guide the dead souls from Earth back to SS planet. They keep track of all the souls present on Earth and SS planet and keep the balance.

"Quincies completely extinguish souls that have become hollows. That means souls that were sent to the WotL disappear without ever returning to the SS."
Where do Quincies extinguish souls? On Earth (WotL). And therefore, the souls on Earth (WotL) do not return back to SS planet.

"Both worlds would collapse"
Again note that just like Rukia's statement above, here also Earth (WotL) and SS planet are being referred to as "worlds".

Once again, I can agree with this instance of them regarding the collapse of the worlds and the soul regulations are referring to the planet Earth as that's where all the souls come from. However I still disagree with Rukia's statement meaning only the planets as it doesn't directly point to that being the case.

4. "All the moisture in the Soul Society is quietly and slowly disappearing"
Checking the context from here and here, we see that only the moisture of the planet's atmosphere was burning up. Which makes sense because outer space doesn't have moisture. So again a pretty blatant instance of SS only referring to the planet.

"Do I want to breathe the air you ask? The air of that pitiful Soul Society that is about to be crushed by Yhwach"
Air of that pitiful Soul Society. Do I really need to explain how this is not referring to the universe, but the planet?

Again, these instances are clearly using the Soul Society to refer to the planet.

5. When Yhwach talks about destroying the Soul Society, and WotL as a result, we see tremors on those two planets. Earth and SS planet only. Not across the universe.

The tremors only being shown on the planets doesn't mean that was their limit. While I'd say it's possible to draw tremors shaking the universe, I doubt the creator of Bleach would waste time drawing a shot of the two entire universes shaking. We know that the Earth and the Soul Society are the most important things regarding the story of Bleach, and since his power clearly crossed dimensions since both exist in different dimensions it's possible the tremors went across the universe of Bleach.

6. "A town from the WotL suddeny appeared above the Seireitei"
"A town from the universe" would never make sense in this context, it's counterintuitive. Universe is very expansive and town is very specific. It's obvious they are talking about "a town from Earth". A clear cut example of WotL referring to Earth only. And this is from Memories of Nobody, which is related to Senna's feat.

"World of the Living is being visible from the Soul Society"
As the above context makes it clear, only Earth was being visible in the sky of Soul Society planet. Once again, a direct example where WotL refers to Earth and SS refers to planet.

"The Valley of Screams has connected WotL and SS. There is no way a tunnel connecting two hoshi can be created naturally."
Toshiro uses the word hoshi, which can either mean planet or star. Here it is translated as star. But we know from above context that he was talking about planets. (Hoshi is not a generic term for any celestial body. The term for celestial body or heavenly body is tentai.)

Yes, in this instance they seem to be referring to planets.

My overall thoughts

I can see what the OP is saying and in majority of the instances provided, they are clearly referring to the SS and WoL as planets especially when it comes to the soul regulation as they only operate on the planets.

However, these are direct instances that refer to them as such. They could probably use these terms to refer to both as a whole (planet and other times universe) as well especially since Yhwach was going to impact other dimensions like where the Hollows live (I can't for the life of me remember how it's spelled but it's something like Huaco Mundo or something like that) but that wasn't shown being effected by the tremors so the argument that the tremors weren't shown effecting the entire universe doesn't mean it was only effecting planets. I'll read through the comments and see rebuttals, as for right now, I'll remain neutral, leaning towards agreeing with AKM.

(Refer to Note 1)
Just to elaborate i'm only convinced or was with the downgrade/clarifiction for senna's feat.

The uni bleach is another matter entirely and should be tackled in another thread cause this is gonna be a clusterF of both.
Well Senna's feat is being downgrade BECAUSE the realms are being downgraded. Uni bleach is the root for this downgrade.

Akm Downgrades the realms --> Senna's feat becomes Planetary.

Dangai doesn't connect the planets, it connects the dimensions. Hollows don't hide in the Dangai as they can't. Not only is there no reason for them to go into the Dangai, the Cleaner would wipe them. Hollows rip holes through the Garganta to travel between dimensions and the dimensions contain far more than just the planets. Ergo she is calling SS and WotL dimensions in that scan.
I didn't say hollows hide in the dangai. I said hollows hide between the planets, in the Garganta. You can go to the Garganta from planet Earth. You can go to the Garganta from planet SS. Means the Garganta overlaps between those planets.

And World in Bleach is synonymous to the dimensions.
OP makes it quite clear that it isn't.

Literally every diagram drawn by Kisuke disagrees with this. The context of everything in TYBW is about the SS and WotL being dimensions and not planets with Kisuke's diagrams reflecting this. These dimensions have far more than planets in them.
Where? Please provide what diagram contains far more than planets?

You can't be serious with the bolded. Kishi and Reishi cannot exist together and there is an entire universe of kishi. It literally has to be referring to a universe.
They don't. They exist in different worlds. Different planets. Dimensionally separate. There is not an entire universe of kishi. Just a world/planet.

Except that we see both inside the Dangai, aka they are in another dimension yet we can still see stuff from another dimension for some reason. The only way your interpretation works is if you completely ignore the visuals.
Are you referring to the dimensional view where Earth and SS planet can be seen in Kurotsuchi's monitor? I already said they were dimensionally displaced. Kurotsuchi's monitor is showing something that cannot be seen by the naked eye because the planets are dimensionally displaced. They can be planets and be dimensionally displaced. What's so hard to understand? To give an easier to understand example, one can create a monitor that can show Earth and RoSaT from DB overlapping with each other even though you can't see it with the naked eye due to them being dimensionally separate. It doesn't mean they were completely sucked into the Kyogoku.

Secondly, you completely misrepresented my point and strawmanned me. If the Dangai connected both planets like the Valley did in MoN, it would act as a lense let people see the other from some spot on the respective planets, not that it would yeet them together. I was pretty clear in my post about what I was referring to and you completely ignored that by talking about some other shit.
Again, that kind of headcanon can apply to the dimensions too. If the dangai connected the dimensions then also both dimensions should be visible to each other through the naked eye? No. That's not the purpose of Dangai at all. It is a special structure only meant to connect the worlds for transportation. Kyogoku on the other hand is a different dimension that got stuck to the worlds and connected them. Both things are structurally different. It's like me saying a road and a building satisfy the same purpose when they don't.

I can see what the OP is saying and in majority of the instances provided, they are clearly referring to the SS and WoL as planets especially when it comes to the soul regulation as they only operate on the planets.

However, these are direct instances that refer to them as such. They could probably use these terms to refer to both as a whole (planet and other times universe) as well especially since Yhwach was going to impact other dimensions like where the Hollows live (I can't for the life of me remember how it's spelled but it's something like Huaco Mundo or something like that) but that wasn't shown being effected by the tremors so the argument that the tremors weren't shown effecting the entire universe doesn't mean it was only effecting planets.
Also side note here. That is my point.

1. There are many many instances where they explicitly refer to planets.
2. There are instances where we cannot determine for sure whether they are talking about the planets.
3. But there is not a single instance where they explicitly undeniably 100% refer to universes.

Even if we are going to analyze the usage on a case-by-case basis, then let's analyze the movie.

Does the movie refer to WotL and SS in context of the planets?
Yes. We have Kisuke making a direct distinction between SS planet and the dimension in which it is, calling the planet as SS and not calling the dimension anything particular. We have a statement saying "town from the WotL" which implies Earth more than it implies universe. And lastly we have visuals of planets being pulled together and SS's sky showing an image of Earth.

Does the movie refer to WotL and SS as universes.
No, there is no instance of it.

With the context we have from the movie itself, that much is enough for Senna's feat to be treated as "pushing away two planets".

And like I said in the OP:
  • "But sekai can also mean universe. They don't have to be planets. They could be universes."
In this instance, with the context we have from everything discussed above, there is more than sufficient information to conclude that WotL and SS are referring to planets. And even if we did not have so much evidence, we would still have defaulted to the lower interpretation. Because the higher assumption needs explicit undeniable evidence, which doesn't exist.

As for the Hueco Mundo, it is also a planet made of sand. The Sand Paradise. As for Yhwach destroying it, that depends on details of Yhwach's feat that I will avoid discussing here.

Last edited:
I didn't say hollows hide in the dangai. I said hollows hide between the planets, in the Garganta. You can go to the Garganta from planet Earth. You can go to the Garganta from planet SS. Means the Garganta overlaps between those planets.
You directly implied as much when you brought up the Dangai being between WotL and SS in the context of us discussing where Hollows hide.

Please read all of the numerous examples I presented above that doesn't allow for overlapping.
OP makes it quite clear that it isn't.
It really doesn't. The only thing it makes clear is that WotL and SS can refer to the planets, something already accepted. Within the context for anything to do with Yhwach or the SK, its very blatantly the dimensions, Rukia implies they are dimensions in the Hollows hiding scan, official translations call them universes aka not planets etc. For your interpretation to hold, you need to prove that it always refers to such things. Something you haven't and can't do.
Where? Please provide what diagram contains far more than planets?
Strawmanning me again I see. Maybe try a different fallacy next time. Variety is the spice of life after all.

I said the dimensions contain more than just a planet. Kisuke's diagrams never present WotL and SS as planets but as dimensions. Even the MoN scan in the OP doesn't do so. All of them are showcasing the actual dimensions as evidenced by us seeing Valleys (dimensions according to the OP), the Garganta which is another dimension, and SS and WotL not being planets (unless we are saying they are cuboid planets now).
They don't. They exist in different worlds. Different planets. Dimensionally separate. There is not an entire universe of kishi. Just a world/planet.
So I guess all of the stars, the sun, the moon etc don't exist in WotL or SS? Okay then.
Are you referring to the dimensional view where Earth and SS planet can be seen in Kurotsuchi's monitor? I already said they were dimensionally displaced. Kurotsuchi's monitor is showing something that cannot be seen by the naked eye because the planets are dimensionally displaced. They can be planets and be dimensionally displaced. What's so hard to understand? To give an easier to understand example, one can create a monitor that can show Earth and RoSaT from DB overlapping with each other even though you can't see it with the naked eye due to them being dimensionally separate. It doesn't mean they were completely sucked into the Kyogoku.
You misunderstood me. According to your stance, the two planets of SS and WotL got moved into the Dangai, correct? If this is the case and only the planets got moved there, why are we still able to see the night skies of the respective dimensions they were originally from? Why has that not completely disappeared from the view of Seireitei and Karakura?
Again, that kind of headcanon can apply to the dimensions too. If the dangai connected the dimensions then also both dimensions should be visible to each other through the naked eye? No. That's not the purpose of Dangai at all. It is a special structure only meant to connect the worlds for transportation. Kyogoku on the other hand is a different dimension that got stuck to the worlds and connected them. Both things are structurally different. It's like me saying a road and a building satisfy the same purpose when they don't.
Except that the Dangai connects the dimensions which means that it is very much possible for there to be a lens somewhere out there in the universe that shows somewhere in SS and vice versa. With the Valley, it just so happened to connect where its visible to the main cast in both dimensions so that we can get the ball rolling with the story of the movie.

Something else to bring up as well for them being dimensions. When people go to Hueco Mundo, they are stated to be in HM. When they go to SS, they are stated to be in SS. Same with WotL, Garganta, Dangai, Valley etc. If world = planet, why do they not say they are on the WotL? Why not on SS? Or HM? They don't because they are also the names of the dimensions.

Edit: As an aside, when you quote me can you leave the name stuff so that I know responded? Makes it easier for me so that I know I gotta respond. Thanks in advance if you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back