• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
My point about the Arabian Nights was that as a self-contained area it was 5-D, because it contained a 4-D area (Night Palace) encompassed by the greater timeline that was the full Arabian Nights, rather than the overall AN being 4-D and embedded in Sonic’s realm (as I assume the two are treated as separate dimensions). [SNIP]
Edited my comment to more accurately reflect your arguments.

I recommend adjusting any talking points in your blog as the thread unfolds. For example, it seems 7-D as a whole is now off the table. So you might wanna remove that so no old arguments mislead new staff coming here.

I've just double-checked, but I can't figure out what is causing the hypertimeline. The fact that Digital Dream has a 4-dimensional spatiality seems fine, but is the hypertimeline its own timeline?

Am I missing something?

I recommend adjusting any talking points in your blog as the thread unfolds. For example, it seems 7-D as a whole is now off the table. So you might wanna remove that so no old arguments mislead new staff coming here.
Did that pretty quickly but thanks for the tip.
I've just double-checked, but I can't figure out what is causing the hypertimeline. The fact that Digital Dream has a 4-dimensional spatiality seems fine, but is the hypertimeline its own timeline?

Am I missing something?
To simplify

Individual dreams are unique 4D areas

Cyberspace is a realm that contains the dreams of multiple individual ancients made tangible, hence it contains multiple unique 4-D structures

They are all encompassed by the totality of Cyberspace, which as a realm parallel to Sonic’s and having a definitive passage of time for the whole realm; qualifies as having a greater time flow encompassing multiple smaller Low 2-C time flows, hence hypertimeline.

Time Eater has no actual bearing on the overall status of White Space, seeing as WS as a concept continued to exist in the exact same form after the Time Eater’s death, whereas everything else Time Eater affected was immediately restored to its original state. White Space is simply the realm where objects that have their time and space erased end up in the series.
Actually it was the emeralds that restored everything and not the time eater's defeat

Either way, no restoration of any kind was done for White Space itself, as shown by the ending cutscene. So the point that no character can actually do any meaningful affectation to the overall White Space still stands.

They are all encompassed by the totality of Cyberspace, which as a realm parallel to Sonic’s and having a definitive passage of time; qualifies as having a greater time flow encompassing multiple smaller Low 2-C time flows, hence hypertimeline.
A 4-D space can contain more than one Low 2-C/4-D structure without hypertimeline, only with its own temporal dimension (it means 5-D.) This does not necessarily require hypertimeline.

Also, a larger temporal dimension or time flow encompassing more than one space-time continuum doesn't necessarily imply a hypertimeline, I have already revised this for the standards.

I guess I disagree with the hypertimeline part, but the rest seems fine.

I agree with 5-D/6-D Low 1-C

I am not super well-versed in this hypertimeline lingo (Getting too old for vsbw, I guess), so I won’t comment on it.

I do disagree with Salamander statment of transcending the multiverse. The same with Solaris. So the 6-D argument.

Neutral on the rest.

@Georredannea15

But the entire premise is based on hypertimelines.

Cyberspace being a hypertimeline due to containing two temporal axes above 3D space, Maginaryworld having a temporal axis above that.
I am not super well-versed in this hypertimeline lingo (Getting too old for vsbw, I guess), so I won’t comment on it.

I do disagree with Salamander statment of transcending the multiverse. The same with Solaris. So the 6-D argument.

Neutral on the rest.
6-D isn’t based on those, it’s based on Maginaryworld being a temporal axis above a 5-D hypertimeline.

“infinite-sized super other-dimensional”

If you interpret this as X-dimensional space which is infinite across all its dimensions then it qualifies for a higher tier by default.

@JJSliderman What if a daytime dream came into existence when another dream is at nighttime?
Some dreams are shown transitioning between day and nighttime over the course of a single “day” in Maginaryworld, notably Fire Bird, yet other dreams are shown as only in the daytime like Emerald Coast and Nature Zone. Each of the explorable dreams in game before the last one came into being at the same time, as they correspond to the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Amy group that all fell asleep and entered Maginaryworld simultaneously.

Some dreams are shown transitioning between day and nighttime over the course of a single “day” in Maginaryworld, notably Fire Bird, yet other dreams are shown as only in the daytime like Emerald Coast and Nature Zone. Each of the explorable dreams in game before the last one came into being at the same time, as they correspond to the Sonic/Tails/Knuckles/Amy group that all fell asleep and entered Maginaryworld simultaneously.
That’s fine then

I still think, in all seriousness, that Solaris should be "possibly" one dimension above whatever Maginaryworld is due to Eggman's statement despite him having seen Maginaryworld.

I still think, in all seriousness, that Solaris should be "possibly" one dimension above whatever Maginaryworld is due to Eggman's statement despite him having seen Maginaryworld.
He’d be compactified higher-D yeah. Which gives some range advantages Ig.

@Georredannea15

But the entire premise is based on hypertimelines.

Cyberspace being a hypertimeline due to containing two temporal axes above 3D space, Maginaryworld having a temporal axis above that.
Actually, it's the same thing again.

The main reason for the hypertimeline is a larger temporal dimension encompassing multiple Low 2-C structures, but in the wiki this is not necessary for the hypertimeline, which I have already revised. It's... still not a proof for hypertimeline, I'm still agreed with 5-D/6-D Low 1-C

6-D isn’t based on those, it’s based on Maginaryworld being a temporal axis above a 5-D hypertimeline.
I see. Then I am neutral on that point. But a lot of the current pages treat Maginary World as part of the main multiverse. I don't see the argument it would be above it.

Actually, it's the same thing again.

The main reason for the hypertimeline is a larger temporal dimension encompassing multiple Low 2-C structures, but in the wiki this is not necessary for the hypertimeline, which I have already revised. It's... still not a proof for hypertimeline, I'm still agreed with 5-D/6-D Low 1-C
I added more stuff in the blog to back up hypertimeline, but essentially the time component of Cyberspace and Maginaryworld supersedes the authority of the time components within the individual realms they contain. 4th dimension space and Maginaryworld’s time component is directly superior to that of the individual dreams, as the realm was created by Illumina and the Precioustone, the origin of all dreams, and an implied superior to Ariem, who commands her own dreamscape. Cyberspace, similarly, is considered by Eggman as a direct superior to his own Eggnet, which as established in Shadow the Hedgehog’s Mad Matrix level, is its own temporal-fueled space.

But again, I’m just confused where you think 5 or 6-D is still acceptable, as I based my entire argument for those ratings around the hypertimeline concept.

I see. Then I am neutral on that point. But a lot of the current pages treat Maginary World as part of the main multiverse. I don't see the argument it would be above it.
It’s above in that Maginaryworld, due to containing a higher level temporal axis to both 4-D dream realms and Cyberspace’s dream counterpart (which itself had a higher level temporal axis to 4-D dreams), is a set of multiple temporal axes above a 3-D space, which is an example of a hypertimeline. Something that is accepted as 5-D or higher on this wiki.

A final request, JJ.

I think you should take my summary, alter and rewrite it in whatever way you need to that better suits your wording (including deleting anything you find to be fluff), and then paste it over your current bullet point.

I only say this because I feel stating the reasonings in such a succinct way ultimately keeps the thread focused on your arguments.

Just my thought, it's not my place to override your thread lmao.

Now that the recent Otherworld Comedy and Sonic Dream Team have come out, I can finally make an attempt at upgrading the size of Game Sonic's cosmology (to coincide with the Archie boost).

All the relevant information and arguments are here. Credit to ShakeResounding for looking over it and proofreading.

As a tl;dr (this is primarily focused on the concept of hyper timelines):
  • Cyberspace gets upgraded to be a possible Low 1-C cosmology (5-D).
  • Sonic's world, Blaze's world, and the Arabian Nights also get a possible 5-D for their scope.
  • Maginaryworld gets upgraded to Low 1-C (either 5 or 6-D)
  • If the Phantom Ruby dimensions, or the dimensional Eggmanland that was nearly created in Rush, qualify for dimensional transcendence, they would become “at least 5-D” for transcending Sonic’s universe, or on a highball, “at least 5-D, possibly 6-D” for transcending Maginaryworld.
  • White Space is a level outside and beyond all the previous spaces.
Keep in mind, this is purely discussing changes to the cosmology. Scaling can be saved for another time.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral:
With consideration to what I read, and the further clarification I've read in the thread:

I don't know if there is additional context to consider that isn't present, or evidence that is not presented here or within the original blog. With what evidence and arguments are presented in both the blog and this thread, I think this is mostly sound, barring a couple specific nitpicks already brought up.

Seems like the blog may potentially get some rewrites in some form for clarity and/or better delivery of evidence, so I'll stick around jic.

In short; I agree until or if something big comes up.

I did rewrite some aspects, as a concern that was brought up seemed to be that areas like Cyberspace and Maginaryworld had their time axes existing on the same hierarchical level as the realms they encompassed rather than being superior, so I added some elements to explain that areas like 4th dimension space and Cyberspace do have hierarchical superiority in their temporal axes compared to the realms inhabiting said spaces.

A final request, JJ.

I think you should take my summary, alter and rewrite it in whatever way you need to that better suits your wording (including deleting anything you find to be fluff), and then paste it over your current bullet point.

I only say this because I feel stating the reasonings in such a succinct way ultimately keeps the thread focused on your arguments.

Just my thought, it's not my place to override your thread lmao.
I did just that, thank you for the suggestion.

I added more stuff in the blog to back up hypertimeline, but essentially the time component of Cyberspace and Maginaryworld supersedes the authority of the time components within the individual realms they contain. 4th dimension space and Maginaryworld’s time component is directly superior to that of the individual dreams, as the realm was created by Illumina and the Precioustone, the origin of all dreams, and an implied superior to Ariem, who commands her own dreamscape. Cyberspace, similarly, is considered by Eggman as a direct superior to his own Eggnet, which as established in Shadow the Hedgehog’s Mad Matrix level, is its own temporal-fueled space.

But again, I’m just confused where you think 5 or 6-D is still acceptable, as I based my entire argument for those ratings around the hypertimeline concept.
Even without a hypertimeline, you guys have 4-dimensional spatial dimension with a temporal dimension, it means 5-D, and you can be 6-D with a super-dimensional realm. You don't really need a hypertimeline for low 1-C.

6-D may be "possibly" or not, it's debatable. But you can still be Low 1-C.

You don't need to make all your arguments and the whole basis of the scale on hypertimeline. Well, at least it's my opinion.

Last edited:
Wasent the Cyber Space initially only possibly 5D, and Maginaryworld was 5D possibly 6D? When did cyber space become a full transcendence and Maginaryworld is only now a possibly?

Even without a hypertimeline, you guys have 4-dimensional spatial dimension with a temporal dimension, it means 5-D, and you can be 6-D with a super-dimensional realm. You don't really need a hypertimeline for low 1-C.

6-D may be "possibly" or not, it's debatable. But you can still be Low 1-C.

You don't need to make all your arguments and the whole basis of the scale on hypertimeline. Well, at least it's my opinion.
Wait, are you saying 4th dimension space has a temporal dimension in addition to the already established 4th dimension moniker? That wasn't really what I was going for but, it's interesting you brought it up. However, the super-dimensional aspect was already considered as rejected for a higher dimensional tier due to lack of evidence for full dimensional transcendence.
Wasent the Cyber Space initially only possibly 5D, and Maginaryworld was 5D possibly 6D? When did cyber space become a full transcendence and Maginaryworld is only a possibly?
I decided to make Cyberspace being 5D solid because I believe it fit the criteria of hypertimeline, and same for Maginaryworld. However, the 6D component of Maginaryworld I made a possibly, because while Cyberspace would exist within 4th dimension space via the lore of Maginaryworld, its size would make it far bigger than any other dream based on what is accepted currently. So I'm not sure how willing people are to say Maginaryworld dimensionally is a hypertimeline of Cyberspace.

Wait, are you saying 4th dimension space has a temporal dimension in addition to the already established 4th dimension moniker? That wasn't really what I was going for but, it's interesting you brought it up. However, the super-dimensional aspect was already considered as rejected for a higher dimensional tier due to lack of evidence for full dimensional transcendence
since he brought it up, add that spatial dimension part as an extra proof/alternative

Back