• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
This thread mainly serves to clear up some of the lingering points from this one:

since they weren’t resolved and that thread is very long now.

I’d also recommend potentially reading this blog one more time as a refresher, as I will pull arguments sourced within it:

Part 1:

Why Cyberspace (and Otherworld from Sonic Channel) should be 5-D.

To reiterate from that previous thread:

“Cyberspace being 5-D:

1. Because of how it pulls dreams and memories out of the headspace of those who enter, and Eggman entered Cyberspace post-Test Run in chronology, it likely pulled his dreams of a fourth dimensional space out of his head and incorporated them into Cyberspace. Cyberspace has statements that indicate universal/infinite size and a temporal component, hence 5-D (since there would be 4-dimensional space present within Cyberspace, an infinite size, and a temporal component, collectively adding up to 5 dimensions, the same as argued for Maginaryworld).

2. Cyberspace was created with the Chaos Emeralds by the Ancients, which under the instruction of the same beings, also created Titans with power accepted to scale to 5-D.

3. Eggman acknowledges Cyberspace as more advanced than any digital creation he has constructed at the time and containing more data than is quantifiable (making it larger than any data amount he has seen prior), which includes the 4-D space test run maze. See before as to why that would make Cyberspace jump to 5-D.

4. To justify Cyberspace being beyond just universal in size, Cyberspace contains the dreams of multiple Ancients (each dream currently accepted as Low 2-C), along with portions of the United Federation and Eggnet mainframe. In the case of the Federation, their mainframe (as demonstrated in Shadow the Hedgehog’s digital circuit level), has pits of “infinite darkness”, so Cyberspace is potentially absorbing a portion of infinite data from the Federation, helping justify the infinite size of Cyberspace.

And for Light Man, his dimensions are classed as “super other-dimensional infinite spaces”, which under the same context as Solaris and the fact Eggman has also constructed 4-D spaces with much weaker technology that has a similar purpose of trapping characters within an alternate space, I think that could be enough to say “super-dimensional” in the context is enough to jump from 4-D to 5-D.”

If accepted, Cyberspace would become 5-D, as would Otherworld, meaning Eggman in his Light Man form has a direct 5-D feat instead of reliance on scaling. Him being equal to Super Sonic could also reinforce this.

Cyberspace and cyber corruption based hax would also be boosted to 5-D in potency, as they are elements directly spawning from a 5-D realm.

Moreover, due to the fact that these spaces are referred to as “dreams”, it would also mean the potential size of dream worlds that come from individual beings gets boosted to 5-D.

This wouldn’t lead to a higher dimensionality than the current maximum, just interesting to note.

UPDATE:

Because of the recent hypertimeline CRT...nothing changes because hyper time extends above MW and CS's range anyway. However, I did want to nix Solaris' 7-D existence, and also make it clear that Otherworld should NOT be the same size as Cyberspace, because Cyberspace has many things going for it (such as a higher volume of individuals supplying dreams and 10,000 years of time to collect volume) to make it bigger than Otherworld. So, essentially a debunk on all dream worlds being the same size (which is corroborated by the existence of 4-D space in general). So, more reason why anyone interfering with a random dream world should not automatically get 5-D versions of dream related hax.

Part 2:

A debate was also sparked regarding Super Neo Metal Sonic and Master Overlord. Currently, Metal Overlord (from Heroes) is accepted as scaling to max power Super Sonic, as the characters needed to charge the Chaos Emeralds to barely have a chance to win, and Super Sonic alone cannot damage Metal Overlord.

I’m here to argue that at the very least, Super Neo Metal should also scale.

Simply put, Super Neo Metal is

-Coming from a far stronger Neo Metal Sonic than the one in Heroes

-Absorbed far stronger bio data (to an infinitely greater degree) than what Neo Metal absorbed in Heroes (which was the primary catalyst for Metal Overlord, as the bio data of the player characters and Chaos (the character, not the Emeralds) is what Eggman makes note of regarding Metal’s transformation, compared to his Egg Fleet). Base Sonic’s bio data is Low 2-C compared to all the Heroes characters just being in the 4-C to High 4-C range, simple logic.

-Has the Master Emerald supplying extra energy on top of all the aforementioned variables.

-Is never harmed by an attack from a base character and has to be power nulled to be beaten.

With all this in mind, Super Neo Metal should easily be superior to Metal Overlord, as the two things that allowed Overlord to happen (the bio data of the Heroes player characters and Neo Metal Sonic himself), are things that Super Neo Metal has far superior versions of in his arsenal. Even considering that Super Neo Metal cannot draw out the full potential of the Master Emerald, it is still extra power, so it does not hurt Super Metal’s chances of scaling.

As such, Super Neo Metal should receive the same rating as Metal Overlord, a flat Low 1-C.

As for Master Overlord, he is much trickier. By all accounts and lore, Master Overlord should be superior to Super Neo Metal, as he also has Shadow’s bio data now, while keeping the Master Emerald. However, the fact Master Overlord can be harmed by base form characters is an non-ignorable anti-feat, and as such I think it’s fair to say Master Overlord gets a “Low 2-C, possibly Low 1-C” rating to account for both arguments.

That’s about it though. Maybe I’ll remember other stuff soon enough as the thread progresses, though.

Agree:

Disagree:

Neutral: DarkDragonMedeus (Neutral to leaning agree with 5-D Cyberspace, disagree with 5-D Super Neo and Master Overlord)

Last edited:
Master Overlord I understand but, why Super Neo? I legitimately see nothing going against it being 5-D.

Fighting base characters is not a counter when the base characters were getting bodied, base shadow’s thing is already accepted as power null, and Master Overlord can be explained as either PiS or the effects of Chaos Spear still lingering.

I think you also have to try really hard to explain why Neo Metal Sonic, with a stronger base form and stronger bio data than in Heroes (which were the ONLY prerequisites for Metal Overlord) somehow produces a weaker super form. It makes NO sense.

I think you also have to try really hard to explain why Neo Metal Sonic, with a stronger base form and stronger bio data than in Heroes (which were the ONLY prerequisites for Metal Overlord) somehow produces a weaker super form. It makes NO sense.
I mean we have to remember that Metal Overlord is also a transformation. It’s not like Neo Metal Sonic has that level of power outside of that form.

He only had Shadow and Sonic, unlike the entire cast plus Chaos of Heroes. Plus I don't have to prove anything, I just don't agree with it.
The entire cast of Heroes and Chaos collectively gets stomped by the base Sonic of the BfAI arc, don’t think it matters.

I mean we have to remember that Metal Overlord is also a transformation. It’s not like Neo Metal Sonic has that level of power outside of that form.

At that point Neo Metal should be able to replicate what he did for that transformation in the modern day, as it’s his second time doing it and he has more experience.

At that point Neo Metal should be able to replicate what he did for that transformation in the modern day, as it’s his second time doing it and he has more experience.
True but he didn’t use the Metal Overlord form when he went Super.

The thing is that we know that Metal Overlord is far beyond a regular Super form and we also know that ME-empowered characters vary greatly in strength. It’s just impossible to compare the two forms because the former is a one-time thing while the latter is from a very inconsistent power source.

We can compare them though, Metal Overlord exists by Neo Metal Sonic absorbing the bio data of every Heroes character and Chaos, and merging with the Egg Fleet. All of those combined are infinitely weaker than the bio data Neo Metal Sonic absorbed during IDW, so logically Super Neo Metal should be comparable at least.

I agree with Cyber Space being 5-D, but find the reasonings stated in the OP to be a little lacking which is weird since I know the reasoning was stronger. You should mention its macrocosm-like size and range via the EggNet and Federation Mainframe, likely making it a 2-C structure (unless that no longer adds up?).
  • I also disagree with the wording of this tidbit: "Cyberspace has statements that indicate universal/infinite size and a temporal component, hence 5-D." If being infinite in size and having a temporal dimension was enough for 5-D, every verse with an infinite-sized universe would get it. Remember, Maginaryworld has an 4 infinite spatial dimensions AND a temporal component for 5-D. So you should maybe change the wording.

I agree with Otherworld being 5-D, as being an "other-dimensional space" inherently means either a level of dimensionality higher or lower. And we already know dreams that even if the dreams were island-sized, they manifest in Maginaryworld and have individual space-times that are 4-D. So I agree.

Neutral on the Metal Sonic stuff for now.

I agree with Cyber Space being 5-D, but find the reasonings stated in the OP to be a little lacking which is weird since I know the reasoning was stronger. You should mention its macrocosm-like size and range via the EggNet and Federation Mainframe, likely making it a 2-C structure (unless that no longer adds up?).
  • I also disagree with the wording of this tidbit: "Cyberspace has statements that indicate universal/infinite size and a temporal component, hence 5-D." If being infinite in size and having a temporal dimension was enough for 5-D, every verse with an infinite-sized universe would get it. Remember, Maginaryworld has an 4 infinite spatial dimensions AND a temporal component for 5-D. So you should maybe change the wording.

I agree with Otherworld being 5-D, as being an "other-dimensional space" inherently means either a level of dimensionality higher or lower. And we already know dreams that even if the dreams were island-sized, they manifest in Maginaryworld and have individual space-times that are 4-D. So I agree.

I assumed the macrocosm aspect was unnecessary, if it can be proven that Cyberspace is an infinite size 4-D space in its own right, since that would give it the same qualifications as Maginaryworld. But I can add the macrocosm aspects, yeah.

We can compare them though, Metal Overlord exists by Neo Metal Sonic absorbing the bio data of every Heroes character and Chaos, and merging with the Egg Fleet. All of those combined are infinitely weaker than the bio data Neo Metal Sonic absorbed during IDW, so logically Super Neo Metal should be comparable at least.
Metal Overlord’s power came pretty much entirely from him merging with the Egg Fleet, as illogical as that seems. Neo Metal Sonic with Sonic’s bio data isn’t too much stronger than Sonic himself, so the wacky power level Metal Overlord has doesn’t come from the bio data on its own.

But that doesn’t make sense, Eggman never even acknowledges the Egg Fleet when describing how Metal became strong. He attributes it entirely to the bio data of the characters and the “power of Chaos” (the character, not the Emeralds)

But that doesn’t make sense, Eggman never even acknowledges the Egg Fleet when describing how Metal became strong. He attributes it entirely to the bio data of the characters and the “power of Chaos” (the character, not the Emeralds)
Tbf Metal Overlord being so strong at all doesn’t make any sense

Honestly I hadn’t seen that cutscene in years so I had forgotten about it. However Eggman’s wording implies that it’s specifically the combination of all the bio data with Chaos’ that makes Metal Overlord so powerful. Considering that and Neo Metal’s showings in IDW that pretty much confirms one of two possibilities:

A: Quantity matters over quality in this case.

B (the more likely option imo): Chaos’ bio data has something about it that makes Metal super strong when it’s combined with the bio data of other beings.

Either way Metal in IDW doesn’t have that, as iirc he only has Eggman and Sonic’s bio data when he goes Super.

Also the “power of Chaos” might also be referring to Metal merging with the Egg Fleet, as Metal Overlord gives some Perfect Chaos vibes. That one’s more headcanon-y though.

Tbf Metal Overlord being so strong at all doesn’t make any sense

Honestly I hadn’t seen that cutscene in years so I had forgotten about it. However Eggman’s wording implies that it’s specifically the combination of all the bio data with Chaos’ that makes Metal Overlord so powerful. Considering that and Neo Metal’s showings in IDW that pretty much confirms one of two possibilities:

A: Quantity matters over quality in this case.

B (the more likely option imo): Chaos’ bio data has something about it that makes Metal super strong when it’s combined with the bio data of other beings.

Either way Metal in IDW doesn’t have that, as iirc he only has Eggman and Sonic’s bio data when he goes Super.
If the argument is that a combination of bio data is what causes this level, then having a combo of Sonic and Shadow data provides the necessary “power of friendship” boost.

If you’re arguing that Chaos’s data is what allowed Metal to go Low 1-C, this means Chaos 1-6 (as Metal had no feasible access to Perfect data from Froggy) would also have to be Low 1-C, which means every base character would be Low 1-C, which would wrap back around to super Metal anyway.

Guys, what if metal just enhanced the data he acquired to become low 1-C? Copying Chaos means he has Chaos Energy, and copying Shadow and Sonic means he has the data of people who can use it better thab chaos could

If the argument is that a combination of bio data is what causes this level, then having a combo of Sonic and Shadow data provides the necessary “power of friendship” boost.
He didn’t have Shadow’s bio data while he was Super, only after. Also that’s still less sources than he had in Heroes.

If you’re arguing that Chaos’s data is what allowed Metal to go Low 1-C, this means Chaos 1-6 (as Metal had no feasible access to Perfect data from Froggy) would also have to be Low 1-C, which means every base character would be Low 1-C, which would wrap back around to super Metal anyway.
That’s not what I’m saying. I’m saying that something about Chaos’ bio data combined with the rest of the bio data and the Egg Fleet causes Metal Sonic’s power to increase dramatically.

Guys, what if metal just enhanced the data he acquired to become low 1-C? Copying Chaos means he has Chaos Energy, and copying Shadow and Sonic means he has the data of people who can use it better thab chaos could
My interpretation was kinda like this actually, only without the Chaos energy part. If we took this approach then maybe I could agree with Low 1-C, as Super Neo should have more Chaos energy than Chaos did.

However even then I have some reservations. One potential issue is that Metal Overlord had more Chaos energy users copied then Super Neo did so that might influence his power. Another potential issue is that Metal puts a great influence on gaining Shadow’s bio data in Heroes, implying that he specifically is important to his transformation into Metal Overlord. The first issue in particular is notable as Super Neo is a very casual Super form, whereas Low 1-C Super Sonic is only seen against his strongest foes.

It’s funny how even when I kinda agree there’s still something in the way that stops it from being concrete.

Last edited:
I’m not sure why having 3 weak chaos energy users amping you vs 1 strong one makes a difference in favor of the former. The only reason I can think of is that base characters are canonically amped by power of friendship which allows them to reach super form level (which is actually a concept I’ve been thinking about).

That said I guess I’d also like to talk about the other points in the OP too.

I’m not sure why having 3 weak chaos energy users amping you vs 1 strong one makes a difference in favor of the former. The only reason I can think of is that base characters are canonically amped by power of friendship which allows them to reach super form level (which is actually a concept I’ve been thinking about).
I think the idea is that it’s more based on proficiency than strength. Like Super Silver is stronger than Super Amy since the former has a much better natural handle on Chaos energy, despite how base Amy is physically stronger than base Silver.

That said I guess I’d also like to talk about the other points in the OP too.
You all go ahead with that, I’m mainly just here for Metal scaling lmao

I would support Super Neo Metal being Low 1-C except for 2 things:

1. That would make Master Overlord, who has way too many anti-feats, Low 1-C.

2. While he did stomp Base Sonic and Knuckles, they were relatively fine after his attacks, though he could've just been toying with them.

Metal Overlord also has a sort of anti-feat in that he was also hurt by base characters. If we treat it as a sort of “power of teamwork” amp then it might still work out.

Metal Madness is the one who got hurt. An incomplete form.
Currently they share a tier, and the only difference is Overlord has wings.

If the argument is that the combo of about 12-13 base character’s power allowed Overlord to reach his tier, then you have to say that combo is Low 1-C. Which means Master Overlord’s performance isn’t actually an anti-feat atp, since he was fighting a combined Low 1-C force.

Last edited:
Currently they share a tier, and the only difference is Overlord has wings.

If the argument is that the combo of about 12-13 base character’s power allowed Overlord to reach his tier, then you have to say that combo is Low 1-C. Which means Master Overlord’s performance isn’t actually an anti-feat atp, since he was fighting a combined Low 1-C force.
my dude, he was far more than the sum of the parts, he had Chaos Energy with him and the prominence to use it copied from the likes of Shadow and Sonic

look, let us focus on the Cyberspace and Otherworld parts first ok? they are more straight foward to deal with and back and forth will make this thread go like the last one, with several pages with no staff wanting to participate

Sure, it seems like a decent chunk of people so far are either neutral or agreeing so that’s a good start.

Back