• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Continuing on from this thread, hopefully we can stay more on topic this time.

As before, all the relevant information and arguments are here. Credit to ShakeResounding and Greenshifter for looking over it and proofreading.

As a tl;dr (this is primarily focused on the concept of hyper timelines and higher spatial axes):

• Sonic Prime shows that Sonic's universe is large enough to contain an entire macrocosm of universe-sized dimensions when it was shattered by the Paradox Prism, said macrocosm being separated spatially via the Void between realms. The Void has a dubious infinite size argument.
  • The space in Eggman's Tower is a 4-D space via containing a tesseract, an inherent 4-D structure, so containing it makes it such by default, and this is slightly supported by a starry sky being contained as well. Which shows Eggman can construct four-dimensional spaces with his tech.
    • With this in mind, his creation of superdimensional spaces in Otherworld Comedy, and his attempted creation of one in Sonic Rush, should either be 5-D (via four spatial dimensions and a temporal component)
    • Eggman also described these spaces as his “dreams”, which hints that the dream of an individual can reach this scope.
  • Cyber Space, which is referred to directly as the Digital Dream, is an infinite-sized macrocosm, implied to be endless and encompasses data from two separate digital realms with their unique timeflow (Eggnet and the United Federations mainframe, both from Shadow's game).
  • It is the collective wish, tens of thousands of years ago, for the Ancients to not be forgotten (and persists even in present day), and contains the individual dreams of multiple Ancients, each of which is at least Low 2-C.
  • Eggman also states that the totality of Cyberspace is superior in scope to his own digital temporal creations.
    • This makes it at least a 4-D realm via being massive in size compared to Low 2-C spaces.
    • Alternatively, if the dreams within Cyberspace that are supposedly "universal" in scope are actually more akin to what actual universes in the Sonic multiverse are, it would mean Cyberspace can be 5-D.
  • Maginaryworld, which I propose as a hypertimeline, encompasses a potentially infinite amount of dream realms.
  • This includes the aforementioned Cyber Space, making it at minimum a 5-D realm, as Maginaryworld is a superior and greater dream than any other dream in the multiverse, including a dream encompassing all of Cyberspace, as all other dreams are nigh-infinitesimal in size and scope compared to Illumina's dream of the Fourth Dimension Space, and Maginaryworld is infinitely larger than any individual dream, as 4th dimension space is infinite in scope and composed of all the dreams of the multiverse, and yet no individual dream occupies the entirety of 4th dimension space (not even the 5-D Cyberspace).
  • So, Maginaryworld is larger than Cyberspace, and on its own contains an infinite four-dimensional space and temporal component, hence 5-D.
For an even shorter summary:

Individual dreams: 4-D, possibly 5-D
Cyberspace: 4-D to 5-D
Phantom Ruby/Rush Eggmanland: 5-D (for being superdimensional and transcendent of Sonic’s world)
Maginaryworld: 5-D
White Space: Beyond everything else.

Keep in mind, this is purely discussing changes to the cosmology. Scaling can be saved for another time.

Also credit to @ShakeResounding, @HenshinIntervention (no longer here but very important), and @ThatBusyDude (apparently also no longer here) for some of the scans and translations.

Agree: DarkDragonMedeus (leaning towards neutral but overall OK with 5-D for Maginaryworld, skeptical about higher on the original thread), Planck69 (agrees with 5-D, neutral on higher), Maverick_Zero_X (neutral on 6-D or higher, sees merit in 5-D Maginaryworld/Cyberspace), Qawsedf234 (Agrees with 5-D Maginaryworld), Firestorm808 (with 5-D Maginaryworld)

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
It’s an infinite amount of 3-D with a temporal component, that’s Night Palace, it’s building up to higher stuff.

Not sure if I agree with the 7D MW stuff because of the magazine statement of it being a 4D space (not accounting for the temporal dimensions). Everything else looks fine.

Not sure if I agree with the 7D MW stuff because of the magazine statement of it being a 4D space (not accounting for the temporal dimensions). Everything else looks fine.
It being infinite is also backed up by Tails stating space consists of endless possibilities, conflated with infinite. If you consider possibilities as universes, then MW would be infinite with either interpretation.

To make sure, how do we know that Dr.Eggman's digital space in IDW is inside of the tower? You do go into the tower to get to it, but, as characters use portals to go in and out of the space, I would want to see more evidence that the space is located inside of Sonic's universe, if that's okay.

We’re not really given any indication to say that it’s a parallel universe, the space is controlled entirely by Eggman’s tower controls, and we already know that Sonic’s universe can sustain smaller dimensions within itself because of Prime. I think it would need to be proven this is an entirely separate dimension if everything we see of this set piece and the lead-in to it is within Sonic’s universe.

But sure, I can try and find more.

To make sure, how do we know that Dr.Eggman's digital space in IDW is inside of the tower? You do go into the tower to get to it, but, as characters use portals to go in and out of the space, I would want to see more evidence that the space is located inside of Sonic's universe, if that's okay.
Eggman goes on an entire tangent that indicates it's a pocket reality of his own creation that's helped by the existence of, at minimum, a starry sky.

When the realm can no longer sustain itself after Sonic, Tails, and Amy cause some trouble, the tower implodes in on itself after they escape out a portal and back to outside the tower. You'd need to find something to substantiate it being a parallel reality or something imstead of it being created by Eggman, since that's what everything indicates. It's a training grounds for Dr. Eggman's creations, and is the very reason we see the Combo Badniks.

Last edited:
I do feel the space is inside a regular universe, being Sonic's in this case.
After re--re-rereading, I think the higher dimensional space is that sphere of energy on top of the tower.

Sonic-The-Hedgehog-037-015.jpg
Sonic-The-Hedgehog-040-018.jpg

So, I agree that the 'Chaos' and Sol universes are higher dimensional, and, I would agree as well to applying that to regular universes in general, in mainline canon.

As clover said, the 5-D things seems fine, but the high-end stuff seems...meh, anyway, i'm agreeing with this

It being infinite is also backed up by Tails stating space consists of endless possibilities, conflated with infinite. If you consider possibilities as universes, then MW would be infinite with either interpretation.
It's infinite in many ways, just not in the "it has 5 spatial dimensions" kind of way.

You can just argue it has +1 temporal dimension compared to individual dreams. IIRC you had other arguments unrelated to the rate at which time flows.

As I said in the prior thread, 5-D has merit, but I’m neutral on anything higher for the time being.

Also don’t spam this thread to 10 pages and make it an unreadable mess ect ect

And for which realm/universe?
Maginaryworld and Cyber Space:
  • Cyber Space, which is referred to directly as the Digital Dream, is an infinite-sized macrocosm, implied to be endless and encompasses data from two separate digital realms with their unique timeflow (Eggnet and the United Federations mainframe, both from Shadow's game).
  • It is the collective wish, tens of thousands of years ago, for the Ancients to not be forgotten (and persists even in present day), and contains the individual dreams of multiple Ancients, each of which is at least Low 2-C.
  • Eggman also states that the totality of Cyberspace is superior in scope to his own digital temporal creations.
    • This makes it at least a 4-D realm via being massive in size compared to Low 2-C spaces.
    • Alternatively, if the dreams within Cyberspace that are supposedly "universal" in scope are actually more akin to what actual universes in the Sonic multiverse are, along with Cyberspace as a whole stated to be a world parallel to Sonic's, it would mean Cyberspace can range from 5-D to 6-D.
  • Maginaryworld, which I propose as a hypertimeline, encompasses a potentially infinite amount of dream realms.
  • This includes the aforementioned Cyber Space, making it at minimum a 5-D realm but possibly a 6-D realm, as Maginaryworld is a superior and greater dream than any other dream in the multiverse, including a dream encompassing all of Cyberspace, as all other dreams are nigh-infinitesimal in size and scope compared to Illumina's dream of the Fourth Dimension Space, and Maginaryworld is infinitely larger than any individual dream, as 4th dimension space is infinite in scope and composed of all the dreams of the multiverse, and yet no individual dream occupies the entirety of 4th dimension space (not even the 5-D to 6-D Cyberspace).
If none of the above are accepted,
  • Maginaryworld by default contains a fourth dimensional space (shi-jigen uchu, four-dimensional space), and that four dimensional space has its own time component as shown by time passing within the realm and its unique set pieces, meaning that Maginaryworld would have a temporal axis on top of a 4-D infinite space, making the whole realm at least 5-D.

Neutral/not sure on everything else until this thread gets some more input.

I agree with Cyber Space being higher dimensional, as well. Sage directly refers to it as being on a different "dimensional plane" than regular reality, at the very beginning of Final Horizons. Now, it's never given a number or specification, or anything, but considering how immense in size Cyber Space is treated throughout Sonic Frontiers, I feel it is likely higher dimensional than the (regular) multiverse.

Last edited:
Okay, I know Mav accepts 5-D for Cyberspace and Maginaryworld, but can the other staff say what they agree on in terms of 5-D?

And also, since everyone was neutral on the other topics, is that essentially a disagree?

Okay, I know Mav accepts 5-D for Cyberspace and Maginaryworld, but can the other staff say what they agree on in terms of 5-D?
They all just said "agree with 5D" which would include all 5D stuff being proposed i assume

And also, since everyone was neutral on the other topics, is that essentially a disagree?
Neutral means no opinion on the matter, you can either try and shoot for the higher stuff now, or apply the 5D stuff and then try to make another thread for the 6D and higher later since all staff is neutral on it

Back