• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Analyzing Almighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragonmasterxyz

VS Battles
FC/OC VS Battles
Retired
So many Yhwach threads, and not one has come to a compromise. This debate over the mechanics and weaknesses of Almighty has creates a warzone consistently. As such we need this freely evaluated by everyone. As such I want thw Bleach fans to post every scan involving Almighty in combat and statements regarding it.

Here we will determine;

• What's PIS
  • What is a weakness
  • What is contradicted.
No opposition should be made until all scans have been posted. Thank you.

I swear PIS is this wiki favorite word (setting aside Outlier)

Well, a weakness is something that is either stated or heavily implied. Even if it isn't applicable in a vs match, it is still a 'weakness'.

Contradicted is like... infinite void statement but they get blitzed by a bullet. This one is probably a case by case basis.

PIS and Outlier need to be clearly defined, not just for bleach.

At this point, I think we are throwing those words out and avoiding an actual serious debate on how we should maintain this wiki.

I think the former thread about Almighty Weaknesses already explained it quite well.

Yhwach has many demonstrable limitations and weakness when it comes to his Almighty, and you can't just ignore all of them and argue that it is an "Omni-Precognition" ability simply because he says it is.

There are two ways to analyze this. One involves treating Bleach as its own alternate world and the manga as an objective depiction of what happens in it. The other involves treating it as a work of fiction with authorial intent and editorial interference.

Method One reaches the very simple conclusion that Yhwach was simply wrong about the Almighty's capabilities. Which is very common in fiction when it comes to villains. See Freeza saying he is "The strongest in the universe" as a straightforward example.

Method Two involves saying that everything Yhwach says he can do but never does it correct because of Kubo's interpreted authorial intent, and then justifying the limitations that are shown as "PIS", "Kubo was sick", "Kubo had to rush the ending", etc.

I don't need to tell you which approach is more straightforward and in-line with how this wiki works.

Correction: '''"Yhwach has eyes all over his body while using the Almighty that are shown to be close unless he opens them."'''

Matthew Schroeder said:
You just proved my point. This is just a scene of Yhwach talking about how awesome he is.

No, we're on two different subjects. I'm talking about the entire "Yhwach needs to glare at you to do shit" weakness which is what I have issues with. Anyway moving on

See the weird thing is, I am kind of half and half with knight and matt (and not out of bias for or against, I think bleach is an okay verse.)

For one, villains overstating their capabilities in fiction is such a common trope, it is practically a mainstay in literally every fantasy novel.

For two, the weaknesses outlined seem to be outlined with simple logic or just shaky assumption. Stand by my original fra, dont know about point 4.

For three, I am also in Knight's camp by thinking that if we are really going to be scrutinized here, we should write off with PIS when it happens once or twice. Author intent, in my opinion, does take some precedence and sometimes, it slips. If it happens once in a while, yeah leave it. Magi has a fair amount of PIS and trust me, I am not downgrading that verse anytime soon. We can also assume this for literally JRPG ever, but that is just me.

Generally speaking, I am just gonna listen to both arguments and decide which is more valid.

Also, if we source scans for bleach, also state the chapter name too. I read bleach, it has alot of context in previous/later pages.

It will help at least me for deciding which it is. PIS in favor of Knight or Arrogant Almighty in favor of Matthew.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Arrow is PIS when you look at it from an out-of-universe perspective.

When you look at in-universe perspective it's just a thing that exists and can nullify the Almighty.

I've been arguing for the latter. PIS would be someone who's 6-C getting hurt by a normal human. The Auswählen arrow is a weaknesses to Yhwach. Anyway moving onto the gaze issue which is what I have issues with, I'm really fine with the other weaknesses from his egotistical attitude and Stagnation.

AppleLord said:
It didn't happen once or twice, but more than three times.
Well if it happened three times, yeah sure, I guess it has it's weaknesses.

If it happens once or twice, it is PIS.

At three times or more, I sense a pattern of either overstating abilities or just bad author intent.

I need sources though to decide and with context.

It's just me or people are only posting scans of Yhwach talking about his power instead of what was ask for, "Yhwach using his powers in combat?"

This is Yhwach and what he can do after absorbing Mimihagi and The Soul King. As you can see Yhwach is covered from head to toe in these eyes. Ergo the gaze weakness wouldn't make sense.
AHcRD87 d 1
WhWQzFP d 1
FS9psBe d 1
UxhDYvq d 1
UMxLV07 d 1
Uum3K4x d 1
WEtQN7M d 1
H6Ub3rl d 1
QWpvJlS d 1
U293hZg d 1
NdJFpPx d 1
JmHGbDG d 1
53kUe1O d 1
NyswLkw d 1
V2GcJQB d 1
EpyFiKf d 1
2KyIpIV d 1
PDLUZT9 d 1
SKVs2ZI d (1) 1

What sources are these chapters from so I can look at them myself?

Yeah, no sorry. I'm not about to go through over 200 chapters just to get you a chapter and page. Sorry and I mean that with all due respect.

Kepekley23 said:
What, in essence, is being argued here?

A weakness for Stagnation and his egotistical attitude. That's pretty much all. They were arguing that Yhwach needs to gaze to use the Almighty but that doesn't make any sense.

The only real weakness here that is valid is stagnation, which isn't even really a weakness since Yhwach has it himself via absorbing Mimihagi.

So from now on, let's consider that every time someone explains about their power will be a lie, because that's what's going on here, and that's ridiculous.

Knight and Franty brought enough evidence to fully debunk 1 as PIS personally.

2 and 3 still seem fine.

Also, we can probably add Yhwach weakness comfortably about his stagnation and his ego, this is a given I think we can all generally agree on.

No reason for Yhwach to be lying about his capabilities, He has explained his powers in full multiple occasions. Nor is there anything indicating that he is a liar.

That is possible considering Yhwach stated Uryu is the one capable of surpassing him, even granting "A" The Antithesis.

Besides no one outside of Bleach has access to an arrow made of mixed Quincy blood.

KazuiK said:
So from now on, let's consider that every time someone explains about their power will be a lie, because that's what's going on here, and that's ridiculous.
You can be a liar from ignorance though. I am not saying Yhwach is this, but just because you have an ability, doesn't mean you know the full limitations of said ability.

Take for example the Gomu Gomu no Mi, as far as Luffy knew when he stated, he just stretched.

But now, because of training and further exploration, he can dope himself or inflate his bones/muscles if he so chose.

This is literally a trope of discovery in fiction.

And yhwach didn't know about his ability to not change the future cuz the arrow, so he was a liar from ignorance.

As for his ability and limitations? Ehh, I will wait for more sources but so far it seems solid.

Isn't Yhwach's weakness literally just the super duper special arrow Uryu used? Also I remember Yhwach stating that Uryu could surpass(?) him or something, so that could also play a factor into it.

Gonna be honest, it totally seems like Kubo created a villain that was way too OP so in the end he had to be like "but ackshually there's this ONE super special weakness I never mentioned until now"

lol, I'm not saying he has no limits, however if he showed using the power he explained why would it be a lie? He showed himself able to use everything he said within his boundary, laughs a lot.

I agree with Matt. While the previous OP may have worded it not entirely accurately. Yhwach does indeed have enhanced senses to the point where he doesn't need to be gazed at the target for precognition to work. However, it is 100% in character for Yhwach to boast about his questionable "Omnipotence" and "Omniscience" which is also his greatest weakness.

I know I use the term NLF quite often, and I get tired of repeating that myself. But common sense, "Omnipotence" is pretty much the pinnacle of of it as is "Omniscience", or Omni-Anything in general prone to those three words. On topic, "Omni-Precognition" shouldn't even be on his profile and was copy pasted from Bleach Wiki. Matt also, already covered the whole it only works when he's not busy expressing his pride.

And I agree with DragonMaster 100% about calling each other "Wankers" or "Downplayers" is too rude. Having different opinions is not an excuse to assume the other hasn't read Bleach or anything along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back