• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

The Almighty: Clarification (Bleach manga and cfyow)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This crt will be to specify a singular aspect of the Bleach series. Originally i was going to wait till volume 3 of cfyow released on april 6th, but it has been delayed. I currently have the raw for the single page needed for this crt, and have had it checked by a site translator.

This thread will mention a feat performed by Yhwach, but any arguments for that translating to attack potency or range will be saved for a separate crt.

Currently it is believed the soul king established the current cosmology in bleach via the ability called the almighty, via a fan translation of volume 3.
unknown.png

Translations

For comparison, here is the raw:
image0.jpg

Looking at the raws it says that with Reio’s 全能の力 (omnipotent/almighty power) the universe was created. The kanji used for “almighty” to describe Reio’s power is 全能, the kanji used for the schrift “The Almighty” is 全知全能 (the furigana in that scan is “ji oorumaiti” aka The Almighty). They are not the same.

here is the raw for the almighty name:
HigherSky_Bleach_v67_Digital-Colored-HD_149.jpg

I had a request in for the site translator to confirm if this was accurate:

後に霊王と呼ばれる男。
その全能の力を『楔』として、五人は新たな世界の基盤を創り上げた。
尸魂界 (ソウル・ソサエテイ)、現世、虚圏 (ウエコムンド)。
魂に生と死の区切りをつけ、その循環をもってして世界を新たな段階に引き上げたのだ。
いつしか、世界を管理する者達はこう呼ばれるようになった。
即ち―『死神』と。

The man who would later be called the Spirit King.
Using his almighty power as a "lynchpin", the five of them created the foundation of a new world.
The Dead Spirit World (Soul Society), this world, and the Hollow Sphere (Hueco Mundo).
They separated life and death in the soul, and with this cycle, they raised the world to a new stage.
Somewhere along the line, there came to known of people in charge of the world...
That is, the "Shinigami".

From this we can see it wasnt the hax ability the Almighty, but rather just power.

For consistency, another translation (From Arc7)

“With that almighty power as the wedge, the five created the foundations of the new world. Soul Society, Living World, Hueco Mundo.” or more nicely and filling in the context “With Reio’s almighty power, they created Soul Society, World of the Living, and Hueco Mundo.”

quoting arc here:
In CFYOW III it is stated, その全能の力を「楔」として、五人は新たな世界の基盤を創り上げた。尸魂界、現世、虚圏。
  • その means that, 全能 means almighty or omnipotent (I chose to use almighty as it is clearly a play on The Almighty), and の connects the kanji 力 which means power to almighty/omnipotent. “That almighty/omnipotent power” and it’s important to keep in mind that they aren’t directly referring to The Almighty as when they do it is normally accompanied by the kanji for all-knowing. In this case they are merely calling Reio’s power vastly immense while using wordplay to reference The Almighty.
  • を is a verb particle, 楔 is the kanji for wedge/link/lynchpin/bond, として is used to indicate the roll of something. In this case Reio’s almighty power is serving the roll as the wedge or tool that is able to perform said creation, “as the wedge”. It’s like they’re drawing a comparison between how Reio’s power makes jobs easier like modern tools do today (i.e. lever and pulley systems).
  • 五人 means 5 people, は is a topic marker particle, 新たな is the adjective for new, 世界 is the noun for world/universe (for reasons stated in depth above it is in clear indication of the entire Bleach universe). の is a connecting particle for possession, and 基盤 is the kanji for foundation. Put together it is “the Five [insert verb here] the new world’s/universe’s foundation”, it should also be abundantly clear that when it says the Five did this it is more so saying the Nobles helped outline the project while Reio actually did the project. After all it was all possible thanks to Reio’s omnipotent power.
  • を is a verb particle 創り上げた is the past tense of the verb to construct/to create/to build/etc, “created”.
  • 尸魂界 is Soul Society, 現世 is Living World, 虚圏 is Hueco Mundo. These are the so called “foundation of the new world”. As we know Hueco Mundo is a “paradise” for Hollows, and SS and WotL serve to split life and death and form the locations for the cycle of rebirth (the Soul Cycle) to occur, splitting life and death.
To conclude, we see that Reio and the Nobles were able to create the three realms thanks to the almighty power possessed by Reio, finally making the world dynamic with the cycle of life and death, not the schrift "Almighty".

Further Evidence:

The almighty itself is the ability to jump to different futures, which allows Yhwach to intervene with them. It gives a precognition alongside fate manipulation. It does not however, give the ability to create or destroy the boundary of the worlds which divides life and death.

This illustrated in a few way ways, the first being that when attempting the creation his ideal realm, Yhwach is shown explicitly using a torrent of energy to perform his attempt to change the cosmology.
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

This is consistent with the novels as well:

unknown.png (985×711) (discordapp.com) (official translation of volume 2, fan translation says the same thing)
However, he had heard Yhwach’s goal was not to rule over the three worlds but to remove the boundary itself between the worlds and return everything to primordial soup.

Stated once more here:
unknown.png (593×145) (discordapp.net)
If he had not defeated Yhwach, then the boundaries of the three worlds would've vanished, and we would've gone back to a world without the cycle of souls.

What is the boundary?
The boundary is basically the Garganta, which the soul king made with his power:
unknown.png (525×492) (discordapp.com)
“The world did not always have its current form. Without a boundary separating life and death, within this chaotic world.."

This is what the Garganta is:
Imgur: The magic of the Internet

latest (709×173) (nocookie.net)
A Kyogoku. If the world of the living and the Soul Society could be likened to planets and the pipeline that connected them were Dangai, the void of space that surrounded those was called Garganta.

Garganta is the construct that acts as the boundary. A dimension of Reishi that houses all the dimensions in Bleach. It is the space between all dimensions and exists around them all. The real universe lies inside of it alongside all the other dimensions.

Conclusion on Evidence

So from this, we can take that Yhwach's realm merge involved destroying the garganta, and we know from chapter 684 that he was physically going to cause the merge via his torrent of energy before he was interrupted by the silver arrow. This was all after he absorbed Gerard, and a massive portion of Ichigo's own power.

If Yhwach's Almighty was responsible for the realm merge, he could have conducted it from the moment he regained it, which he obviously didn't. Likewise regarding arguing he could do so from the Soul king's absorbed power being interrupted as "absorbing reio's almighty". He could have initiated the realm as soon as he finished absorbing him, which again did not happen. It required him to be at max power, absorbing a bunch more energy.

To conclude, both the raws for the third novel, alongside the manga demonstrate the cosmology restructure was done via raw energy for Prime Reio, and not via the Almighty ability.

I know nothing about Japanese, but what you have said seems to make sense. What changes do you propose to happen to the profiles if this is accepted?

First of all, it was a very good article. I think it is enough to prove that the arguments are very comprehensible and by raw power that there is no great evidence that it was with Almigthy anyway. As a result, I agree with the article

Well, I guess I can't disagree with that interpretation if what you have posted is true. Put me for a temporary agreement while we wait for further opinions.

What about Yhwach's realm merging though?

You said we’d be discussing Yhwach, Ichigo and Aizen in a separate crt right? Also I thought this was gonna wait until the Seireitei crt was finished?

You said we’d be discussing Yhwach, Ichigo and Aizen in a separate crt right? Also I thought this was gonna wait until the Seireitei crt was finished?
Changed my mind on the latter. Bleach has had 2 crts open at once before. As for the former, yes seperate crt

Last edited:
Well, I guess I can't disagree with that interpretation if what you have posted is true. Put me for a temporary agreement while we wait for further opinions.

What about Yhwach's realm merging though?
Realm merge is just being used as evidence for claim regarding the almighty. It can be further explored in a seperate crt whether or not its usable for ap/range

on a sidenote, the novels give a bit more credibility to ganju's claim on garganta in the manga, but that is neither here or there

While I accept this, I do before it would be better to wait for an official translation of the third novel to be released before committing more changes based on the novel.

I would have agreed previously, but the downgrades used the fan translation for volume 3. If anything it should have waited. Volume 3 has been delayed twice now, so there is no promise its releasing on the 20th. The fact that the official is being asked for when we use a fan translation is a bit weird. As such i think we should proceed, as we have the raws. I can get any raw page for volume 3 as needed. that is also why i first went with a site translator to confirm.

I prefer having the full context. We can remove the incorrect information from the pages but I think we should wait a while longer before settling on their new ratings.

Especially if this affects characters other than the Soul King. I don't think I'm asking for a lot.

I would have agreed previously, but the downgrades used the fan translation for volume 3. If anything it should have waited. Volume 3 has been delayed twice now, so there is no promise its releasing on the 20th. The fact that the official is being asked for when we use a fan translation is a bit weird. As such i think we should proceed, as we have the raws. I can get any raw page for volume 3 as needed. that is also why i first went with a site translator to confirm.
The fan translation was used because that said translation was what was vehemently pushed for to get these guys upgraded in the first place. Waiting for official material before doing anything in the first place should've been what was happening, but it wasn't. So we went with it.

Anyway, before I even get to half of what this post is saying, im just going to point this out. You do realize that Bleach treats the Almighty and "Omnipotence" as interchangeable terms right? As in, they mean the same in this context? The manga outright treats both terms as the same thing.

Did you like read his post? they're not the same at all. Almighty is followed by All-Seeing and All-Knowing. This is a fact.
The novel states they need his Almighty power which is raw power. before this, they explain how he is closest to "omnipotence".

Squad Zero including Ichibei also literally don't know what The Almighty is so there goes that.

Did you like read his post? they're not the same at all. Almighty is followed by All-Seeing and All-Knowing. This is a fact.
Which in this context refers to Omnipotece and Omniscience. And don't take my word for it. The literal manga treats them as the same thing, and I'll be very happy to show you the scan.
The novel states they need his Almighty power which is raw power. before this, they explain how he is closest to "omnipotence".
"Almighty power" = The power of the Almighty. Not hard to put 2 and 2 together.

Even then, see above. The manga outright treats omnipotence and the Almighty as interchangeable terms.
Squad Zero including Ichibei also literally don't know what The Almighty is so there goes that.
Yeah show proof of this please.

The fan translation was used because that said translation was what was vehemently pushed for to get these guys upgraded in the first place. Waiting for official material before doing anything in the first place should've been what was happening, but it wasn't. So we went with it.

Anyway, before I even get to half of what this post is saying, im just going to point this out. You do realize that Bleach treats the Almighty and "Omnipotence" as interchangeable terms right? As in, they mean the same in this context? The manga outright treats both terms as the same thing.
To respond to your first line, I agree the initial upgrade could have been better handled. they could have used the raws for example. However, wasnt the point of the downgrades being staff locked due to that? In my view, an attempt to do something more professionally they should not repeat the same issue.

in regards to the second line
Bleach does not treat Yhwach’s Almighty and the word omnipotence as interchangeable
Whenever they reference The Almighty they use the kanji for “all knowing all mighty”
Along with the furigana for “ji oorumaiti”

To respond to your first line, I agree the initial upgrade could have been better handled. they could have used the raws for example. However, wasnt the point of the downgrades being staff locked due to that? In my view, an attempt to do something more professionally they should not repeat the same issue.

in regards to the second line
Bleach does not treat Yhwach’s Almighty and the word omnipotence as interchangeable
Whenever they reference The Almighty they use the kanji for “all knowing all mighty”
Along with the furigana for “ji oorumaiti”
They do treat it as interchangeable terms, as im about to show, and im not speaking from a translation standpoint. Im speaking from a contextual one.

its also:
Using his almighty power as a "lynchpin

The almighty (hax) has nothing to do with being a lynchpin. Yhwach had it years before he absorbed soul king. Lynchpin is related to cosmology stabilization, further shown by ichigo being able to replace yhwach as a 'lynchpin"

Anyways, like I said, here's the scan. And it's as in your face blatant on it as you can get:

image0.png

Uryu literally tells Ichigo that Yhwach, at this moment did not possess the powers of "Omnipotence and "Omniscience". Why? Because he did not have the Almighty in his possession at this time. Jugram had it.

By not having the Almighty, he wasn't "Omnipotent" or "Omniscient" anymore, so Ichigo could take that opportunity to kill him. This right here treats the Almighty and "Omnipotence" as one and the same context wise. Now in terms of translations? They're more than likely said different. But context overrules this as the series itself says otherwise on that.

And I say "likely" since, as the OP himself admitted, we don't have the official translations from the novel to give the final say on what the translations say writing wise.

its also:
Using his almighty power as a "lynchpin

The almighty (hax) has nothing to do with being a lynchpin. Yhwach had it years before he absorbed soul king. Lynchpin is related to cosmology stabilization, further shown by ichigo being able to replace yhwach as a 'lynchpin"
As I said above, "almighty power" can also very easily just be another way of saying "The power of the Almighty". Especially when we know for a fact that Reio has the Almighty. So why on earth are we shifting towards another interpretation that's less likely than the former?

On top of this, Reio was not yet made into a lynchpin. He was turned into one when the royal family dismembered him.

Ill respond in full detail in an hour or 2

Raw literally states he was a lynchpin at that point in time

So this is your evidence? I thought you were going to somehow debunk the Japanese raws.
I don't care about the raws, because like I said, im not speaking from a translation standpoint. Im speaking from a contextual one.

The translations can say whatever they want, the context behind the words matter at the end of the day. So unless the source material itself ffed up on something, the context outright treats "omnipotence" and the Almighty as the same thing.

Anyways, like I said, here's the scan. And it's as in your face blatant on it as you can get:

image0.png

Uryu literally tells Ichigo that Yhwach, at this moment did not possess the powers of "Omnipotence and "Omniscience". Why? Because he did not have the Almighty in his possession at this time. Jugram had it.

By not having the Almighty, he wasn't "Omnipotent" or "Omniscient" anymore, so Ichigo could take that opportunity to kill him. This right here treats the Almighty and "Omnipotence" as one and the same context wise. Now in terms of translations? They're more than likely said different. But context overrules this as the series itself says otherwise on that.

And I say "likely" since, as the OP himself admitted, we don't have the official translations from the novel to give the final say on what the translations say writing wise.
In that specific instance uryu is likening omnipotence to The Almighty, that doesn’t apply to every use of the word omnipotent. Contextually it is in reference to upcoming reveal regarding the ability, which is viewing timelines and being to in act change from that.

The line from the novel isnt referring to this. The are talking about Power, which is shown in the same line later, when it mentions rieo loses power after being chopped up. he obviously didnt lose the almighty. Also as ive shown with the yhwach example, the almighty cant change the cosmology

I don't care about the raws, because like I said, im not speaking from a translation standpoint. Im speaking from a contextual one.
Good, you just gave yourself away. The Japanese raws which is the primary language differentiate the two when they're talking about it.
The translations can say whatever they want, the context behind the words matter at the end of the day. So unless the source material itself ffed up on something, the context outright treats "omnipotence" and the Almighty as the same thing.
Kukui the OFFICIAL LANGUAGE of the manga shows the two are different when they're being spoken about. The paragraph is broken down for you piece by piece. If you're not gonna actually bother just stop.

ill check the kanji for uryu if want, when i get home.

And the raws take precedence. he already acted as the force that made hueco mundo, so he can be a lynch pin at that time. hueco mundo collapses if he dies. he made it before the split

Which, you know, happens after he split the universe?

So how is he a lynchpin already?
Read what I said.

He willingly let himself be sealed to create the new world. After an unknown time, they cut his ass up. mutilation doesn't make you a lynchpin. It's how they make sure you're not going anywhere. Think about what you're saying here. He literally lost most of his power after the mutilation so how the hell does your logic work here?

In that specific instance uryu is likening omnipotence to The Almighty, that doesn’t apply to every use of the word omnipotent. Contextually it is in reference to upcoming reveal regarding the ability, which is viewing timelines and being to in act change from that.
Of course, but it also means that the term "omnipotence" is what's a viable term for the Almighty, which is very viable when we're speaking about an ability that comes from people who are the top of the food chain in Bleach as the ultimate villain and supreme being.
The line from the novel isnt referring to this. The are talking about Power, which is shown in the same line later, when it mentions rieo loses power after being chopped up.
Again, put this into context. They dismembered him in order to stop Reio from potentially roaming around freely as the supreme being they see them as. You can't exactly do anything when you're, you know, a corpse.

On top of that, Reio let himself be dismembered.
he obviously didnt lose the almighty. Also as ive shown with the yhwach example, the almighty cant change the cosmology
See above. And how does your example from Yhwach mean it can't? All I got from that was that he didn't use it to change the cosmology. Not that it was an impossibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back