• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I honestly think the main issue is the desire for someone to go, "Oh, yeah? My OC? They're the best one. No one else is this strong. Also I'm the main character," as opposed to "Yeah, this character was there too."
Pretty much sums up Wattpad fanfic writers, even if I am one there (and sorta one too at AO3).

IDK what fanfiction.net fanfics are now but I imagine just that and AO3 is usually just a mixed bag of everything including mature/adult rated stuff there, but Wattpad is FOR sure the defining trait for this kind of stuff, if not one of the most I've seen there on the fanfiction stuff of content.

Pretty much sums up Wattpad fanfic writers, even if I am one there (and sorta one too at AO3).

IDK what fanfiction.net fanfics are now but I imagine just that and AO3 is usually just a mixed bag of everything including mature/adult rated stuff there, but Wattpad is FOR sure the defining trait for this kind of stuff, if not one of the most I've seen there on the fanfiction stuff of content.
tbh, shit like wattpad has also invaded AO3. I remember seeing some cringe union academy story in there
Oh yeah, and a symphogear harem story that starts with bio of the self insert OC. Ugh.
At least, the OC with MEODP in symphogear iirc is OP since ryougi shiki and nanaya shiki are op and isn't a mary sue who is liked by everyone.

tbh, shit like wattpad has also invaded AO3. I remember seeing some cringe union academy story in there
Oh yeah, and a symphogear harem story that starts with bio of the self insert OC. Ugh.
At least, the OC with MEODP in symphogear iirc is OP since ryougi shiki and nanaya shiki are op and isn't a mary sue who is liked by everyone.
I think I HAVE seen a few or so on there, so yeah you right. That, and massive crossover fics with a bunch of series that just don't even mesh well...

You can say that for just about any of the fics out there on Wattpad. In fact, I did that at first but realized I can just make my readers learn about the OC's by just reading the story. You don't see that in actual novels and the like, do ya? Well Light Novels, you kinda do for some that maybe give a snippet of them but still.

Nah, really? Damn, it look like even that website not saved from cringe💀

I still remember reading some of sasuke versus naruto: the aftermath and getting a rude awakening that huge review count is in no way an indicator of good story telling. That story is straight up filth.

I still remember reading some of sasuke versus naruto: the aftermath and getting a rude awakening that huge review count is in no way an indicator of good story telling. That story is straight up filth.
I can't remember did that fanfic have constant Sasuke bashing and Sasuke being a lover to Orochimaru?

There was one fanfic of Sasuke being gay as a personality trait as a way to mock him, and also added bashing. Also everyone mocking him for being pathetic and stupid, also egotistical because "GRRR UCHIHA ELITE!". Also hilarious enough Itachi was only one who showed compassion in a lot of these fics to Sasuke but people keep saying Itachi should abandon Sasuke and I cringed at it. Since Anti-Sasuke fans think "Haha Sasgay lololol and chad Harem king Naruto!"

Even though if we look at canon events Naruto would be the gay one running after Sasuke every time and screaming his name.

There was one fanfic of Sasuke being gay as a personality trait as a way to mock him, and also added bashing. Also everyone mocking him for being pathetic and stupid, also egotistical because "GRRR UCHIHA ELITE!". Also hilarious enough Itachi was only one who showed compassion in a lot of these fics to Sasuke but people keep saying Itachi should abandon Sasuke and I cringed at it. Since Anti-Sasuke fans think "Haha Sasgay lololol and chad Harem king Naruto!"

Even though if we look at canon events Naruto would be the gay one running after Sasuke every time and screaming his name.
It's Shonen, all of it is homoerotic

I can't remember did that fanfic have constant Sasuke bashing and Sasuke being a lover to Orochimaru?
He basically raped sakura as well and then urinated on her? Or was it hinata? Can't remember, but it was something else. And yeah, turning sasuke gay has always been an emasculation tactic by many. Another tactic to knock him down a peg.

WTF has happened in these days of Naruto Fanfics to get this far? ^^;

He basically raped sakura as well and then urinated on her? Or was it hinata? Can't remember, but it was something else. And yeah, turning sasuke gay has always been an emasculation tactic by many. Another tactic to knock him down a peg.
I had a feeling it was Sakura...Yeah they thought "Haha Sasuke means sasgay lololol" even though Naruto would be the gay one for Sasuke.

WTF has happened in these days of Naruto Fanfics to get this far? ^^;
A lot of things...because certain fans think Sasuke is an inhumanly evil person like Terumi from BlazBlue...but forgetting that Sasuke is a decent person until he lost his mind and even then didn't do half of the shit these fanfic writers think Sasuke would do.

Hell even in Konoha, Sasuke genuinely didn't always go "Grr I am Uchiha Elite" or "Grrrr I demand to be pampered and trained by everyone!" he genuinely respected Naruto even though trying to deny it and its obvious he cared for Sasuke and Sakura, I mean hello? Remember when he told Naruto he didn't want to see people close to him die in front of him again when he was fighting Gaara during the Invasion to Naruto? Kinda obvious there. Plus Sasuke was showing bit more emotion and fear for Naruto as he tried to save him from Itachi.

Heck even in Shippuuden, Orochimaru told Sasuke he didn't kill all those people, and he said he would kill Itachi showing he is still a decent person. Even when trying to get Juugo, he told Karin and Suigetsu not to kill anyone (The mad insane people) and Suigetsu's comment "Man you are such a Leaf ninja!" showing he is not really evil. Also he even joined in Naruto and Sakura's antics when trying to find out what Kakashi's face looks like, also remember the anime filler stuff in Shippuuden with the flashbacks in OG Naruto era? Sasuke had more funny moments.

So I am just surprised on how many people just outright ignore all of that just for random Sasuke hate.

Oh and Naruto being treated as "Chad Harem King who gets with every single girl because he deserves it" or some shit.

I had a feeling it was Sakura...Yeah they thought "Haha Sasuke means sasgay lololol" even though Naruto would be the gay one for Sasuke.
Yeah, turning sasuke gay was always a homophobic way of ******** on him, like, "haha, look at this girly asian guy being destroyed and bottomed by his own brother or naruto" (yeeeeah, some people are so insane in their hate that they have itachi literally R* him to teach him a lesson, and there are some that have naruto do it). I don't want to say this but a lot of sasuke haters are pretty psychotic. I've never seen people write long torture scenes of a character that's a literal child to get back at him. Like, he's a cartoon. What's wrong with you? People in fandom communities take self-inserting too far. A lot of them seem abnormal to me in these communities.

And you're right that it was probably sakura as many naruto self-inserters have an unhealthy attachment to hinata. The blandest character in the whole manga.

Hell even in Konoha, Sasuke genuinely didn't always go "Grr I am Uchiha Elite" or "Grrrr I demand to be pampered and trained by everyone!"
I'd say he didn't really do that at all. Kid Sasuke was a pretty decent guy. Sure, he had a touch of arrogance, but it came from his own skills and smarts, not from his family name or status. And his arrogance was pretty tame, to be honest. Even if he thought he was the strongest in his class (which he was), he only believed it in terms of strength, not as a measure of worth or character.

I just feel like a lot of average fanfiction writers in the Naruto fandom are trying to turn Naruto into this edgy cool edge lord character that they can insert themselves into. They take most of Sasuke's positive traits and crank up the edginess to the max while stripping Naruto of his positive qualities. It's like they're creating their OC/self-insert, and I've honestly lost faith in the Naruto fanfiction community because of it. Plus, they can be toxic, obsessed with the most ridiculous harems, and they seem to be complete dogshit at characterization and writing in general. It's frustrating to see all that nonsense.

A lot of things...because certain fans think Sasuke is an inhumanly evil person like Terumi from BlazBlue...but forgetting that Sasuke is a decent person until he lost his mind and even then didn't do half of the shit these fanfic writers think Sasuke would do.

Hell even in Konoha, Sasuke genuinely didn't always go "Grr I am Uchiha Elite" or "Grrrr I demand to be pampered and trained by everyone!" he genuinely respected Naruto even though trying to deny it and its obvious he cared for Sasuke and Sakura, I mean hello? Remember when he told Naruto he didn't want to see people close to him die in front of him again when he was fighting Gaara during the Invasion to Naruto? Kinda obvious there. Plus Sasuke was showing bit more emotion and fear for Naruto as he tried to save him from Itachi.

Heck even in Shippuuden, Orochimaru told Sasuke he didn't kill all those people, and he said he would kill Itachi showing he is still a decent person. Even when trying to get Juugo, he told Karin and Suigetsu not to kill anyone (The mad insane people) and Suigetsu's comment "Man you are such a Leaf ninja!" showing he is not really evil. Also he even joined in Naruto and Sakura's antics when trying to find out what Kakashi's face looks like, also remember the anime filler stuff in Shippuuden with the flashbacks in OG Naruto era? Sasuke had more funny moments.

So I am just surprised on how many people just outright ignore all of that just for random Sasuke hate.

Oh and Naruto being treated as "Chad Harem King who gets with every single girl because he deserves it" or some shit.
I never could understand the vibe of that sort of thing with Sasuke with those kind of people. The guy has to be a lot more mentally broken to do any of those things I sorta remember him going at, and even by just canon alone, the guy was a lot more stable for someone who saw his brother massacre their clan. Obviously its shown he didn't do it alone, doesn't take away from that factor though.

And yeah...Naruto curse...

Granted, I have a vague thought that maybe Naruto wasn't what started the whole "being chad Harem King to get girls cuz he deserves it" thing, but he surely paved the way for it given this also happens with Deku years later and even Jaune too.

They also make him edgy or just tryharding in being cool when that's not what made him even endearing like that when the manga was still running.

Also to the making Sasuke gay thing is just weird when Naruto had more reasons to be interpreted like that, even when Sakura and Hinata (yes, he moved on ish or whatever from Sakura but you know at the time, there was something with them) were a thing.

I'd say he didn't really do that at all. Kid Sasuke was a pretty decent guy. Sure, he had a touch of arrogance, but it came from his own skills and smarts, not from his family name or status. And his arrogance was pretty tame, to be honest. Even if he thought he was the strongest in his class (which he was), he only believed it in terms of strength, not as a measure of worth or character.

I just feel like a lot of average fanfiction writers in the Naruto fandom are trying to turn Naruto into this edgy cool edge lord character that they can insert themselves into. They take most of Sasuke's positive traits and crank up the edginess to the max while stripping Naruto of his positive qualities. It's like they're creating their OC/self-insert, and I've honestly lost faith in the Naruto fanfiction community because of it. Plus, they can be toxic, obsessed with the most ridiculous harems, and they seem to be complete dogshit at characterization and writing in general. It's frustrating to see all that nonsense.
Very real on this tbh.

Especially the Naruto one. And worst is it's still a thing even after people be doing more like doing the same with Deku from MHA or Jaune from RWBY, and whoever else they'd be doing for this too.

Maybe Issei too from DxD I probably add which is weird given the guy IS a "harem king" but even he had his moments that don't make him repulsive...much. I hear the early seasons of the anime did though, but the original series in LN wasn't too bad.

Also to the making Sasuke gay thing is just weird when Naruto had more reasons to be interpreted like that, even when Sakura and Hinata (yes, he moved on ish or whatever from Sakura but you know at the time, there was something with them) were a thing.
Takes two to tango, lads.

I know hence why I was baffled that these people take that side of Sasuke and turn him into a character that is not even him. Hell even when he was in Shippuuden (Before he went crazy) he was decent and refused to randomly kill even had people like Orochimaru and Suiegetsu comment on this.

But yeah fanfiction writers who want to make those fanfics takes all of what makes Naruto who he is and turn him into edgy cool edge lord character that can whine and do inhumane shit and get away with it due to "Uhh I have angsty backstory!" or be a massive hypocrite.

I never could understand the vibe of that sort of thing with Sasuke with those kind of people. The guy has to be a lot more mentally broken to do any of those things I sorta remember him going at, and even by just canon alone, the guy was a lot more stable for someone who saw his brother massacre their clan. Obviously its shown he didn't do it alone, doesn't take away from that factor though.

And yeah...Naruto curse...

Granted, I have a vague thought that maybe Naruto wasn't what started the whole "being chad Harem King to get girls cuz he deserves it" thing, but he surely paved the way for it given this also happens with Deku years later and even Jaune too.

They also make him edgy or just tryharding in being cool when that's not what made him even endearing like that when the manga was still running.

Naruto def paved the way with many "fans" making such asinine stories for making "Chad Harem King" Naruto with the most cringe worthy and cliche way possible, to a point where pretty much 90% of what will happen is predicted.

I remember in one fanfic Naruto and a lot of people was giving Sasuke shit for being traumatised and having PTSD after Uchiha clan was murdered...I am like, are you ******* joking me? Its crazy how Itachi, Tobi (Madara at that time), in that fanfic showed genuine concern for Sasuke...like damn! Naruto even said Sasuke should be enjoying himself for having everything now and should stop being sad.

I always find it hilarious those fans try so hard to sexual demean Sasuke even though if we look at the series Naruto is more gay than Sasuke. And yeah Naruto had a thing for Sakura then later romance with Hinata, but it was damn obvious he could be interpreted as gay.

Naruto def paved the way with many "fans" making such asinine stories for making "Chad Harem King" Naruto with the most cringe worthy and cliche way possible, to a point where pretty much 90% of what will happen is predicted.

I remember in one fanfic Naruto and a lot of people was giving Sasuke shit for being traumatised and having PTSD after Uchiha clan was murdered...I am like, are you ******* joking me? Its crazy how Itachi, Tobi (Madara at that time), in that fanfic showed genuine concern for Sasuke...like damn! Naruto even said Sasuke should be enjoying himself for having everything now and should stop being sad.

I always find it hilarious those fans try so hard to sexual demean Sasuke even though if we look at the series Naruto is more gay than Sasuke. And yeah Naruto had a thing for Sakura then later romance with Hinata, but it was damn obvious he could be interpreted as gay.
I also think this even extends to OC's too. So obvious that it gets predictable when you read a certain fanfic authors works, even more if they do it to an even more obvious setting like HSDxD.

When you have the guys who committed a whole genocide to feel sorry for someone who was also part of the slain people is a thing, you know that fanfic was set up for that kind of stuff... IK it's still a fanfic but these people clearly don't know how actual people with PTSD and such process or go about their life with the things they witnessed or were a part of. Same for the ones who make those abused OC fanfics that don't know what people who went through that is like. Hell, they could also be victims themselves and I still would think they tend to exaggerate certain aspects of that in a lot of stories with that sort of deal.

Yeah...

I think most people just like trauma and ptsd as aesthetics to peddle a ship or validate themselves. They aren't interested in exploring the anger, emotional breakdowns, and other very ugly things that come with the package (drug abuse, abuse in general, and self-destructive behavior of the extreme sorts are also a part of the spiraling process). They just want that "annoying" stuff in the background and call all of that bad writing as if real trauma is a linear process. Makes me think that these people have very little empathy and compassion.

I think most people just like trauma and ptsd as aesthetics to peddle a ship or validate themselves. They aren't interested in exploring the anger, emotional breakdowns, and other very ugly things that come with the package (drug abuse, abuse in general, and self-destructive behavior of the extreme sorts are also a part of the spiraling process). They just want that "annoying" stuff in the background and call all of that bad writing as if real trauma is a linear process. Makes me think that these people have very little empathy and compassion.
Idk why, but my first thought when I saw this was "Jotaro Kujo." Unironically kind of a good example, you can tell that guy's pushing some shit down.

I only interested in power fantasy. No harem, no angst, no anime fanservice bullshit. Just pure desire to have power and defeating your enemies.

"KILL DEVILS, KILL BUDDHAS, KILL GODS. AND I WONT STOP UNTIL THE ENTIRE HEAVEN AND EARTH IN THE PALM OF MY HAND."
Forgot to respond on this, but I feel like Eminence in Shadow is a close rep of that sort of thing.

MC is so chuuni that they just want to live out their fantasy power life of just ruling shit from the shadows, and if they gotta flex on them fodder (foes), they'll do that too.

Even with having an all female cult-like assassins corps following him and even the prime/initial members being all attracted to him + fanservicy ish like outfits, man's too CHAD to fking care about any of that afaik.

RWBY characters are ugly as shit and i cannot believe people waifu them
Really just throwing it out there, huh lol.

But now RT is in a pretty bad spot and we may never see anymore RWBY anymore.
True...

It has been rough for quite a while, but I wouldn't have mind it to see what it'd get to...but then again, when you try to cater to a minority group of people + bad marketing and story telling if not management among other issues, you kinda see where things get to a point like this. :/

Really just throwing it out there, huh lol.

True...

It has been rough for quite a while, but I wouldn't have mind it to see what it'd get to...but then again, when you try to cater to a minority group of people + bad marketing and story telling if not management among other issues, you kinda see where things get to a point like this. :/
btw is it me or symphogear fans really get mad when someone waifus one of the gears? It's HI3 all over again

I have just looked at this series, and half of these characters seem to be children.
shirabe and kirika, yes. Hibiki and miku are 17 iirc, the others are older. Tbh a lot of waifus like kiana are in that age.

Shirabe and kirika are the most sexualized. That author is ****** in the head or something. weirdo.
"Let's make two kids lesbians and then market lewd merch of them"

Last edited:
The marketing is weird, but idk why you specify they "make" a character be something in this case, that's just called creating a character.
yeah, imo you either make a show 100% yuri and don't let waifu players self insert at all, or you make it soft yuri and let waifu players self insert.
Symphogear tries to do like both and fails at both lol.

yeah, imo you either make a show 100% yuri and don't let waifu players self insert at all, or you make it soft yuri and let waifu players self insert.
Symphogear tries to do like both and fails at both lol.
I feel like you can just make a show that has characters in it, and sometimes the characters are different people.

btw is it me or symphogear fans really get mad when someone waifus one of the gears? It's HI3 all over again
Feels like that happens in general every time you try to waifu a mahou girl or mahou like girl, but they're lesbo. Magi Nanoha, Symphogear, Honkai 3rd, all that. And I'm pretty sure this was kinda a thing even in the 90's or something, if mahou was a big thing too with Sailor Moon? IDK...

It's also kinda funny to say HI3 all over, because Symphogear first came out in 2012 while HI3 was in 2016 so it'd be the other way around to say that lol.

I have just looked at this series, and half of these characters seem to be children.
Yeah...

They're also of a sort of a big spectrum of age range there too.

The youngest ones are 15 (Shirabe) and 16 (Kirika, but was also 15 too in her debut), and the eldest one is 21-22 (Maria). Everyone else is in between that from 17 (Miku, Hibiki), 18 (Chris), and 19 (Tsubasa).

Though the youngest ones really look a little younger than their given age though...

I feel like you can just make a show that has characters in it, and sometimes the characters are different people.
you mean, like alternate versions of a character?
Feels like that happens in general every time you try to waifu a mahou girl or mahou like girl, but they're lesbo. Magi Nanoha, Symphogear, Honkai 3rd, all that. And I'm pretty sure this was kinda a thing even in the 90's or something, if mahou was a big thing too with Sailor Moon? IDK...

It's also kinda funny to say HI3 all over, because Symphogear first came out in 2012 while HI3 was in 2016 so it'd be the other way around to say that lol.

Yeah...

They're also of a sort of a big spectrum of age range there too.

The youngest ones are 15 (Shirabe) and 16 (Kirika, but was also 15 too in her debut), and the eldest one is 21-22 (Maria). Everyone else is in between that from 17 (Miku, Hibiki), 18 (Chris), and 19 (Tsubasa).

Though the youngest ones really look a little younger than their given age though...
Funnily at a point symphogear did allow self inserting to a limited extent. There was a whole app of hibiki/tsubasa/chris flirting with you, and the XDU menu lines are also a thing and those where damn explicit

Back